MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bo...rit-will-live/T6fE5yZ42jQBVATmSA9n8H/amp.html

Interesting article in Worcester Telegram and Gazette..."odd" (I'll leave it at that) little event with man driving a Jaguar, but also a quote from a woman who was out walking her dog on the day Vanessa was murdered.

(I always hate typing that...ugh.)

As an aside, the Easter bunny skipped my place. No chocolate, dagnabit.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Shoot...posted wrong article. Having Tapatalk problems!

http://www.telegram.com/news/20170416/easter-message-of-hope-in-princeton-after-arrest-in-slaying

Interesting article in Worcester Telegram and Gazette..."odd" (I'll leave it at that) little event with man driving a Jaguar, but also a quote from a woman who was out walking her dog on the day Vanessa was murdered.

(I always hate typing that...ugh.)

As an aside, the Easter bunny skipped my place. No chocolate, dagnabit.

Hmm, that entire article was a bit "odd." Wish he had spent a little more time on the dog walkers story and left out some of the other stuff. What time was Ms. Holmes on BSR? I wouldn't be at all surprised if the dog picked up on something.

After the arrest was announced, I recalled that a young woman was murdered in Puerto Rico a few years ago under similar circumstances: she was out jogging on a remote road, was grabbed and placed in the trunk of a vehicle. She called her husband from her cell phone while in the trunk, however help did not arrive in time and she was found dead in an overgrown area near the old US Navy Base just one hour later. A suspect confessed to the crime and was given a lengthy sentence. I can't help but wonder if VM's murderer was inspired by that crime.

No chocolate here, either. I think the Easter bunny is trying to tell me something.

I wonder if the northborough and Westborough victims will recognize Ortiz in a lineup. ? Hope so. Would Be one less brazen dangerous person out there if those cases were same guy. I still think there could be a link.

I yet to see any photo of the suspect. Anyone find any? I suppose we will know Tuesday.

I have googled numerous times and still could not find a photo. What's up with that? I would love to see how closely the DNA forensics matched the perp. Anyone have any luck with photo?

I have googled numerous times and still could not find a photo. What's up with that? I would love to see how closely the DNA forensics matched the perp. Anyone have any luck with photo?
Arraignment is tomorrow, so we will either get a picture today, but certainly tomorrow.

Hmm, that entire article was a bit "odd." Wish he had spent a little more time on the dog walkers story and left out some of the other stuff. What time was Ms. Holmes on BSR? I wouldn't be at all surprised if the dog picked up on something.

After the arrest was announced, I recalled that a young woman was murdered in Puerto Rico a few years ago under similar circumstances: she was out jogging on a remote road, was grabbed and placed in the trunk of a vehicle. She called her husband from her cell phone while in the trunk, however help did not arrive in time and she was found dead in an overgrown area near the old US Navy Base just one hour later. A suspect confessed to the crime and was given a lengthy sentence. I can't help but wonder if VM's murderer was inspired by that crime.

No chocolate here, either. I think the Easter bunny is trying to tell me something.
IMO, it's just a crime of opportunity...just a random horrifying situation, wrong place and wrong time. As much as it's hard to understand, it may just be as "simple" as that -- an inexplicable act of evil. Or, he had spotted her in the area in the recent past.

Arraignment is tomorrow, so we will either get a picture today, but certainly tomorrow.

Per MsAnais yesterday afternoon & some digging
THANK YOU MsAnais!
His FB
Angel Ortiz Fall River, MA ???

Btw Fall River notorious for gang/ drug activity. Maybe Worcester too?
Imho at least one haircut photo OBVI notorious gang related with "rape kill" in their motto.
Called more dangerous than ISIS in recent press.
IF it's one & the same then poor V had full display of DEMONIC tattoos before her. Beyond horrifying.

Colon-Ortiz was working in the Princeton area at the time of the killing, Early said at the press conference, but did not give specifics about where or what kind of work he was doing.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ling-jogger/305NFCc2UNdPZR6D0Bt9RJ/story.html

Authorities won’t release details about suspect in Marcotte case

^^^ i wonder why? Like their hiding something. Jmo

While I would have preferred they release more info, I imagine they are making sure they have their ducks in row before they put anything out. The DNA came back Friday, arrest was made Friday night and it is a 3 day weekend in Mass. And based on the amount of info released over the course of the investigation, Early seems to subscribe to the less is more theory of public information.

Hopefully the arrest warrant will be unsealed at the arraignment and we will get more info at that time.

Regarding his FB profile....

I entered - Angelo Colon Ortiz Massachusetts - and one hit came back.

He's from Puerto Rico but has his home on FB as Fall River, Massachusetts.

(he may have since moved to Worcester but not updated it...his last profile pic was changed in April 2016)

:thinking:

Scary- a quick search on NCMEC of missing girls from 1/1/14 to 4/17/17 show 7 missing from Worcester and 1 from Fall River!
http://www.missingkids.com/Search/MA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While I would have preferred they release more info, I imagine they are making sure they have their ducks in row before they put anything out. The DNA came back Friday, arrest was made Friday night and it is a 3 day weekend in Mass. And based on the amount of info released over the course of the investigation, Early seems to subscribe to the less is more theory of public information.

Hopefully the arrest warrant will be unsealed at the arraignment and we will get more info at that time.

I think they are keeping his face out of the press to use it in linups with case witnesses and northboro Westborough victims. If they release his picture first, that would compromise their ability to do this.

Idk i don't like that his mugshot hasn't been released, they got their guy, LE said that. Mass also doesn't have DP, i don't live that. I do have a feeling he may be illegal, i don't like that. Mass has a bill or has passed a bill for sanctuary state, i don't like that. Jmo
No reason not to release mugshot, no reason not to say he is legal at this time, they know that. Jmo

"We got him," Early said.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/04/suspect_arrested_in_killing_of.html

Ortiz has no criminal history. The DA was unsure whether he is a U.S. citizen. *

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4414412/Cops-make-arrest-murder-Google-executive-jogger.html

I don't believe that FB hit is the guy. The reason that came up when searched is because "Colon" is in the name of his place of work. I have a feeling he really does live in Worcester and the name Angel Ortiz is extremely common. There is an Angel Ortiz on FB who lives in Worcester, says he's from Puerto Rico, all posts are in Spanish, and he hasn't posted in quite some time. Shaved hair and athletic build. The age looks about right as well.

Also, his lack of a criminal record would not indicate he's undocumented. If he'd been convicted of a crime, there'd be a record. Sanctuary cities just wouldn't involve ICE.

Great news...and he was not the guy from NY (as hypothesized when this first occurred). I am interested to learn more about the suspect arrested in this case and hope there are no more victims. At least now that there has been an arrest, (and if he is in fact found guilty...I am trying hard to go with "innocent until proven guilty"-but if you could actually hear me speak you would note the tone of sarcasm I often have) and whomever commits crimes like this does not just do it once, so they way I think of it...although it does not bring back Vanessa and I do not believe in "closure," there is a sense of justice after a conviction and you need to find a way to make sense of why this happened...after an arrest and conviction, further lives are saved...which is a good thing

Yea this crime doesn't seem to me like a beginners crime but someone who's done ir before and worked up to it. And honestly if he's guilty of other ones then thas good news for those people who can close that chapter now and one less case people have to worry the predators are out there still in. My gut says he's done other things before. Maybe we will find he has an issue with playing with fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody