Found Deceased MA - Zachary Marr, 22, Boston, 13 Feb 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone back and forth between accidental and intentional, but not to serial killer. Perhaps someone else was involved and it was accidental. Like what if someone shoved him, or kicked him, or even hit him with a car? Not intending to hurt or kill him but hurting him nonetheless.

Reading stories about the Smiley Face Killer I just haven't read anything compelling enough to make me think it's legit. It wouldn't surprise me if people were painting smilies after the fact just to perpetuate the myth, and of course there are smiley faces are everywhere.

I am just haunted by how many had common "events". Being bounced, same age, look similar,most collage, etc.

I also went to maybe a trucker cause of location and/or is actually "in" the clubs and looking for someone who is smashed (if he was) -- easier pray.

I have also pondered if the zipper angle was not forced sex (if perp involved) and choice of water dispoasal is DNA coverup

all speculation at this point but serial does creep into my little brain from time to time

but ya know what Blue I dont think we will ever "know" - if he is found in water, how can they say for sure if it was a slip, a suicde, push, or urinate --in all those scenarios at the end of the day they found a body in a body of water.

I dont even think blood alcohol levels can be gotten if a body is decompsing and not found quick- but i dont know maybe

If there was a note in his pocket (suicide) dont know how long that last.

Sorry about the grammer to poster I am driving nuts - in my day we hand wrote , and I could get away with spelling defecit cause of my handwriting!!

o/t

I hated Miss Brown in typing! And oh my lord sitting there for 50 minutes going fdsafdsafdsa certainly did not interest me (focus!) She also was insane about typing posture (drove me mad, I will sit the way I want geeezzz!) AND hung up on the location of your elbows yes elbows while typing many attention issues in this class b o r i n g UGH as clearly indicated and proved here (!) I did not learn much!!!

Same thing with puncuation - bored me yuk grammer verb beofre an adjective, but an adverb comes only before a predicate then is a noun if a verb is near the semicolon, unless of course............................. whatever you teachers are making this way overboard. If folks are verbal they, for the most part can get it right intuitly when reading back, which i do not do a lot here!! I just roll! Brain going to fast for a reread!!

what are people talking about ha!! I wrote for my school newspapers and editor was busy. In grad school I had to pay for typist!!!!!!!

Trouble with the shift key as well!!! you think its bad now WOW when the internet first started ............ I remeber email addresses as being difficult (perfect or no go).well i will shut up now!!

Therapist in the house. It strikes me as sad, that no family

member(Yes I am making the assuption that dad reference to " issues" was related to substance abuse, depression, possibly a previous duicide attempt) has openly declared such.

Which tranlates to family system not ackowledging that it is out of ones control, and that the family system focused on it as behaviors. You got a Dui quit drinking, you would not have attacked him and got arrested if you were not drinking. Making this uo,.

Dad strikes me as a simple man without a lot of education,and for Zach, pretty limited support , authentically IF it was substance abuse Issues, not all that helpful in authentic recovery

For me , the fact that the cousins gave up the serach for him. after 600 seconds, indicates that the family system is like oh, he has done this kinda c r&p before, he is drunk but he will be fine.

A ten minute "search" in this case really translates to not all that much concern, or belivng that really at the end of the day Oh, Zach has done this BS before, its late , cold I am tired lets just go home

The time, 10 am of contacting authorties , indicates one of two things . They too, were blitzed,Or they did not get concerned for what would be a long time for a family member that had NEVER displayed this behavior previously

just ny take

BBM1: Me too. Either that or maybe they were having such a good time themselves they just put him off like there was nothing to worry about. Or they didn't realize how much time had gone by - if you're feeling good and happy a half hour might feel like only five minutes. Not a big deal and it happens all the time.

I was locked out of a bar once (left, refused re-entry), before cell phones, and it took my friends quite awhile to realize not only was I not in the restroom I wasn't even in the building. Then they had to search around to find me. So IMO and IME it's not a big deal they didn't rush out and try to save him.

BBM2: I agree. It's sad and I don't mean to imply that I blame them in ANY WAY because I absolutely don't, but it's just another clue to what might be going on here.

I am just haunted by how many had common "events". Being bounced, same age, look similar,most collage, etc.

I also went to maybe a trucker cause of location and/or is actually "in" the clubs and looking for someone who is smashed (if he was) -- easier pray.

I have also pondered if the zipper angle was not forced sex (if perp involved) and choice of water dispoasal is DNA coverup

all speculation at this point but serial does creep into my little brain from time to time

but ya know what Blue I dont think we will ever "know" - if he is found in water, how can they say for sure if it was a slip, a suicde, push, or urinate --in all those scenarios at the end of the day they found a body in a body of water.

I dont even think blood alcohol levels can be gotten if a body is decompsing and not found quick- but i dont know maybe

My friend who ended up in the Cuyahoga - we never knew. We know for sure he wasn't the victim of a serial killer, nor was he pushed or dumped. He jumped off the bridge he'd supposedly jumped off before (sober, and for fun), but it was night and he'd been drinking. Was he drunk and thought it would be fun, or did he jump intentionally and know he would never make it out of the water alive?

He isn't mentioned in this article, but:

Flats drowning sparks memories of past safety issues

Drowning deaths have dropped in the last decade because of a decrease in business and increased safety measures put in place after three people drowned in five-week span in 2000.

Drownings are less common in the Flats since the safety measures were put into place following a span where at least five people per year drowned in the Flats from 1994 and 1999, Cimperman said.

RSBM

But I always end up at how many college aged guys go drinking, drink too much, get bounced, and don't end up dead somewhere? I lived near one of the biggest party schools in the country - and that scenario played out many times every weekend yet not one of the young men ended up dead in the river.

As for them all looking similar... well, go to a campus and hang out in some of the main areas, campus pubs, or anywhere near a frat. Many of the young men look and dress alike. In his pictures Zach reminds me so much of one of my daughter's boyfriends, who looked a lot like the other young men in their group of friends.

RSBM

But I always end up at how many college aged guys go drinking, drink too much, get bounced, and don't end up dead somewhere? I lived near one of the biggest party schools in the country - and that scenario played out many times every weekend yet not one of the young men ended up dead in the river.

As for them all looking similar... well, go to a campus and hang out in some of the main areas, campus pubs, or anywhere near a frat. Many of the young men look and dress alike. In his pictures Zach reminds me so much of one of my daughter's boyfriends, who looked a lot like the other young men in their group of friends.

But I always end up at how many college aged guys go drinking, drink too much, get bounced, and don't end up dead somewhere?

IMO you are right on that one!! I got chills when I went to check out nother one and the pics popped up it was like gosh

Hi Cariis! I've been reading along quietly......:candle:......hoping for (but honestly, not expecting) a happy ending.

Me either...............

There was a fleeting awareness that it was the 13th

Speculation and observations, our general discussions - aren't meant to help. Not directly. We can, and DO, do other things with help specifically in mind though. However voicing opinions and speculation are other things we do here, and as long as it's within TOS it shouldn't be a problem.

Frankly I wonder if his father is in denial about his son's situation, especially wrt his alcohol problem. Maybe now is the time to be quiet about that? Maybe it's just the stereotypical New England thing? I don't know, but we've seen when vulnerable people go missing the family and LE specifically mention that's the case.

ETA: ARGH. My screen went blank (I blamed the cat jumping on the keyboard) and I didn't think my first reply posted. Sorry to repeat myself and respond twice to the same post.

aren't meant to help.

or hurt the family

was not judemental--observations/concerns

Anyone ever been in the bar and have a guess how many people could be in there??

o/t good lord

.............officers were stunned and astounded upon seeing and recovering a loaded black semi-automatic firearm (see photo) found resting in a child’s bassinet. In addition to the firearm, officers recovered multiple plastic bags containing heroin and cocaine and seized nearly $1,000 in US currency.
BABYGUN1.jpg

Intoxicated (probably),phone died, he easily could've panicked and tried to find somewhere warm. Wandered around not knowing exactly where he was..I don't think we are talking about foul play here or about meeting some other people/girls/dealers etc.Could have ended up in a lot of different places.Probably confused the door to the Market with the one at the Bar,stood in front of it.Or he went to the wrong door of the Bar.Or both of them.If we add some weed/pills to the drinks the "cocktail" is final.

Maybe some emotional problems,clearly suffering from the recent loss of his Grandma.You add that up with alcohol and the result is always bad.

The only problem is that both he and his phone seem to drop off the grid simultaneously.The only sign that could say foul play.

Smoking a cigarette means 5 minute tops.In that cold air even less.The timing is a mess.20 minutes without any explanation.Any place he could have gotten inside during that time?

Sad stuff here.

Guys

look at this

https://bostonpublicmarket.org/

How on earth can authorties be saying that he was in front of the Boston Market across the street from the bar??

After you look at it thats an imposibity. Meaningless - no wonder why they could not find him.

He would have to go down Marshall, then Union, then Hanover to Congress and then go around a big building , and then I have no idea don't see any streets marked?

Totally makes no sense--they have stated that he just crossed the street -- correct? Him standing in front of Boston Market has no relerance to anything unless I am doing something wrong

H e l p!

Problem is he could have gone anywhere

Problem is he could have gone anywhere

I thought the direct quote from managemnt was he walked acrss a street from the bar right after exiting. My visualialtation of that is 45 steps. It said , by car, "60 seconds w/o traffic".

if we get in a car and drive for 60 seconds (that is what the map said by car) but I lost the link , and step out that seems "not across " the street - which fueled the whole thing that he was waiting to see them come out a door?

But again looking for someone (who is not across from an exit) 230 feet for three people to be looking for him is not that far if that makes sense)

230 feet is pretty good eyes to see people !+

Some thing is amiss between management statement and cousins report no?

I just went
on police dept page , typed his name in , and it came back with 0???????????????

Then went FB(getting better) you all have been good and kind 'teachers"

only thing there last entry from the 15Th

Another option could be for not taking his jacket waiting for some to meet him in car hookup? drug deal gone wrong? Does not know area and got involved with wrong dealer?

Mayby cousin wanted noyhing to do with it

He was stranger in area so he probably was not aware which dealers were safe

Intoxicated (probably),phone died, he easily could've panicked and tried to find somewhere warm. Wandered around not knowing exactly where he was..I don't think we are talking about foul play here or about meeting some other people/girls/dealers etc.Could have ended up in a lot of different places.Probably confused the door to the Market with the one at the Bar,stood in front of it.Or he went to the wrong door of the Bar.Or both of them.If we add some weed/pills to the drinks the "cocktail" is final.

Maybe some emotional problems,clearly suffering from the recent loss of his Grandma.You add that up with alcohol and the result is always bad.

The only problem is that both he and his phone seem to drop off the grid simultaneously.The only sign that could say foul play.

Smoking a cigarette means 5 minute tops.In that cold air even less.The timing is a mess.20 minutes without any explanation.Any place he could have gotten inside during that time?

Sad stuff here.

The timing is a mess

and getting worse and worse

this wasn't an accidental fall into the water. I can't argue that enough. guys don't have some weird magnitational pull to water when they have to piss. here's a couple points. he wasn't from the area. the closest water is a half mile away from the bar. not being from the area nor familiar with the windy zig zaggy streets of Boston he'd be hard pressed to find water from that bar quickly with out making a point to do so. who in there right mind or drunk mind for that matter would want to go any where near the water on a night where the temp is that cold?!! it's gonna be colder near the water. where the police were searching for him in the water is a HIKE from that bar. again unless he was purposely heading towards that area there is no way he would stumble upon it and accident fall in. if he had to piss he wouldn't found an alley or something of the like...not walk half a mile in search of water in order to relieve himself. also if I got booted out of a bar and told my friends that, I'd wait out front knowing they would be out momentarily...I wouldn't go wander the streets of a place I did not no...especially in cold weather like that.

Agree 100%

I wish the bar would release the video to the public, would love to know the actual time the cousins left. Also, with 3 doors to the bar, is it possible Zach tried to get back in a different door other than the one in the video?

I don't think he wandered off, I think someone came along.

Trying to get rough idea what the heck is going on in terms of distance. could not find the exact establishment that is really closr to the area they are searching - if one knows a retailer hotel that sits right over that location we could get an address, and get perfect distance.

So then i thought ok I will get "close" to harbor .The bottom line getting close to the the harbor from bar is 0.3 miles just to get some sense.

That makes me think the pic with the water so close seems right .

Locals if I were headed to the train station bus woud the way he went be general direction of those entites?

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...siness-boston/faneuil-hall-marketplace-165456

I hate to sound naïve, but will a drug dealer likely do business to a stranger, whom he has not past connection with?

If you are talking gambling circles, generally they don't do business with total strangers. You kind of need some kind of connection, or they don't trust you. That is why I discounted the bad drug deal angle. I do not think Zach would have had any connections, in an unfamiliar area. I might be completely off base, as I don't know the drug culture.

Agree 100%

I wish the bar would release the video to the public, would love to know the actual time the cousins left. Also, with 3 doors to the bar, is it possible Zach tried to get back in a different door other than the one in the video?

I don't think he wandered off, I think someone came along.

on google maps the market is 230 feet away-- that, to me does not "jive" with management telling us he walked across the street

76 yards !!

unless its a 12 lane road, which we all know is not the case!

RSBM

BBM. That made me wonder how many college girls with long dark hair finished their studies and went on to a long life. That did not, however, mean there was no serial killer named Ted Bundy.

I hate to sound naïve, but will a drug dealer likely do business to a stranger, whom he has not past connection with?

If you are talking gambling circles, generally they don't do business witha total strangers. You kind of need some kind of connection, or they don't trust you. That is why I discounted the bad drug deal angle. I do not think Zach would have had any connections, in an unfamiliar area. I might be completely off base, as I don't know the drug culture.

could someone he befriended in bar hook him up with someone who the dealer trusted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?