Found Deceased MA - Zachary Marr, 22, Boston, 13 Feb 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this link. It's interesting. I have an open mind, but I don't buy the serial killer thing. Random act of ... whatever by a disturbed person(s) or gang, perhaps. A few suicides, perhaps. Who knows. I think when you take a 5, 10, 15, 20-year period and look at every human being who died unexpectedly during that time, you will undoubtedly find several that are a bit suspect. I don't know, I'm just not feeling it. We'll see.

There is a FB hashtag now #findzach new pics and flyers posted. It still doesn't seem to be in the news much, very odd. Still praying.

Jumping off your post, several of the earlier news reports of this search indicated police had "received information leading them to search this area" but never said what it was. Could it be this "other video"?

http://www.boston.com/news/2016/02/...ng-year-old/SV1vJvmCLk7mUQmqqQytUO/story.html

https://www.facebook.com/bellinhandtavern/posts/1257330137613870

Could we revisit this again for a minute, perhaps with the insight of someone local:

Their post says specifically that he was in front of the garage and headed toward the surface artery. Are they referring to the Parcel 7 Garage on Hanover with the surface artery meaning the Haymarket Bus station? This is a significant claim and potential piece of evidence going under the radar while we spin our wheels, and I remembered it being brought up throughout this thread but was unsure if a solid conclusion has been drawn (other than wishing they would release the video)

If you are looking on a map, the surface artery sits just above Rte 93. That area of Rte 93 was submerged 10+ years ago in a massive project dubbed "The Big Dig" so it is now in a tunnel. The surface artery sits over the tunnel and iirc consists of 2 lanes southbound and 2 lanes nortbound. If Zach headed towads the surface artery, he was heading east towards the Boston Harbor in the direction of The Marriot Longwharf or maybe Boston Harbor Hotel (slightly southeast). He would have to be heading north to get to north station which sits right next to the Boston Garden on the edge of the North End (mostly restaurants). I can't think of any reason why he would head to North Station. No trains there would take him to Southie where Amanda lives.

Jumping off your post, several of the earlier news reports of this search indicated police had "received information leading them to search this area" but never said what it was. Could it be this "other video"?

http://www.boston.com/news/2016/02/...ng-year-old/SV1vJvmCLk7mUQmqqQytUO/story.html

https://www.facebook.com/bellinhandtavern/posts/1257330137613870

Could we revisit this again for a minute, perhaps with the insight of someone local:

Their post says specifically that he was in front of the garage and headed toward the surface artery. Are they referring to the Parcel 7 Garage on Hanover with the surface artery meaning the Haymarket Bus station? This is a significant claim and potential piece of evidence going under the radar while we spin our wheels, and I remembered it being brought up throughout this thread but was unsure if a solid conclusion has been drawn (other than wishing they would release the video)

I believe (and of course could be mistaken) that the other video they refer to is the still footage of zach in front of Boston Public Market between 1:40am and 1:44am. I'm sure there could be other footage somewhere along the way, but i'm not sure that they ever revealed what that 'information' was that led them to the search.

The fact that he was moving towards the left in that photo from 1:44am would indicate that he was heading in the direction of the surface artery. That was my assumption.

TY! So we are talking (bar to where searching (car)

2.2 mi. About 8 mins

here ia visual between the two

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main....t,+Boston,+MA+02108&to=I-93,+Boston,+MA+02114

Walk 43 Minutes 2.2 Miles.

Winds were 16 mph

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how long to walks 2.2 miles

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-long-does-it-take-to-get-frostbite-or-hypothermia-2014-1

Times to frostbite/hyperthermia: So I guess we are talking about 30 minutes bewfore stuff starts

windchill.gif

That's right. Heading north would be ... Canal Street, some bars, the Garden area, not much else. Heading over the Greenway to the North End or Long Wharf area and ... there are some tiny local spots that might be open, but most closed by 2, and yes the water would be the east boundary.

Ftrom a limk earlier

I did not realize they took so long to start search

dive team was sent out during the late morning Wednesday,

team near North Station.
mean anything to locals?

Marine unit were near Nashua Street
View image on Twitter

Cant tell how high bridge is anyone know

Again, did not know how slow everything was done

Boston police put out a missing person alert on Sunday.

http://www.boston.com/news/2016/02/17/divers-searching-waterways-connection-search-for-missing-year-old/SV1vJvmCLk7mUQmqqQytUO/story.html

I'll add, to me, there are quite a few sketchy people hanging out down around haymarket, gov't center, canal street, the jail area, all down in their--even in the daytime, let alone at 1:30am or after! I recall walking from po square to my dermatologist off once on lancaster down on the way towards the garden. The 2 or 3 times I've done that, every time, I see people who look like trouble, seen people having words/arguing, talking to themselves, slouched on the ground/homeless, etc. It's not great. This is the area just north of the public market where there is a walk under of sorts, the haymarket T stop, a couple tiny convenience stores. It's old and has character, but it's dirty with low life hanging around, and having lived there for a long time, you get to know what goes on around these places.

I believe (and of course could be mistaken) that the other video they refer to is the still footage of zach in front of Boston Public Market between 1:40am and 1:44am. I'm sure there could be other footage somewhere along the way, but i'm not sure that they ever revealed what that 'information' was that led them to the search.

The fact that he was moving towards the left in that photo from 1:44am would indicate that he was heading in the direction of the surface artery. That was my assumption.

Cdog--do you think you could see "friends" from 260 feet away. Posted stuff ealrlier, I def dont see how, from where Boston Market was on the map , in cunjuntion with the bar wrapping around a corner that he could have seen all 3 exits..................... 70 yards sure seems far to me, in the dark with eyes freezing out, with smoke in front of ya

Anyone have any idea where dads house is - they were going to have a cake for him Sat - I just was wondering, is Haymarket Bus station like a metro station or long haul (back to Harvard?)

All this mystery about how intoxicated he might have been would be to see the tab--they said they ran one - although if it turns out that he had addiction issues he might have gone to bar to slam some more without family "seeing"

it would at least give an idea.................

Lets also consider that there probably was interior video, around the registers (for theft) would be interesting to see his "behaviors"

This poster on FB appears to know the place . Interesting

there are 3 doors to B&H- but only one allows re-entry

and makes sense - instead of having in and out at 3 locations but fire code

probably required 3 exits - makes the whole thing kinda of sadder if that is what occurred

dam Savino Hopefully he's home safe soon! There's another bar in that building- maybe he tried to get in there and they told him to "take a walk"? Or there are 3 doors to B&H- but only one allows re-entry, they could have told him to go around and he was too drunk to comprehend... Stop bashing the B&H if you weren't there!

Mixed reviews - but def were a lot of references to bouncers being hideous. It could be just that I am not internet savey, but I found it interessting that the bar itself does respond to favorable reviews!

I am not saying this is true (they did it for that reason) but I almost feel as if the search is a diversion. What reason would there be for LE not to reveal , we have a witness that reported he saw him, or we located video from another locaation that indicated he may have been in this area.

Its not like it gives anything away, but from cdog great article it sure seems like, if anything there is a pattern with these kind of events,police say little and for some reason that is left alone.

Saying we found a body bye. Public should get ME reports some comment from LE etc.

It just leaves everyone in a lurch. All of us here know forensics can do some amazing things, and it was prevelant in the peice cdog posted- poof they just say nothing - seems like just for PR it would be a good idea (like we are doing a good for you taxpayers). release info.

Additionally no matter what anyone thinks - it seems for people of Boston, for some, there may be fears, if not for a serial killer -but obviouly bad things are happening to people in somewhat of a similair fashion.

It would not change, if I were still bar hopping, to continue to do so , but if I were leaving at closing I might, in a passing manner ,think about it

Cdog--do you think you could see "friends" from 260 feet away. Posted stuff ealrlier, I def dont see how, from where Boston Market was on the map , in cunjuntion with the bar wrapping around a corner that he could have seen all 3 exits..................... 70 yards sure seems far to me, in the dark with eyes freezing out, with smoke in front of ya

Anyone have any idea where dads house is - they were going to have a cake for him Sat - I just was wondering, is Haymarket Bus station like a metro station or long haul (back to Harvard?)
How is this? No he could not have seen his friends.
attachment.php

Attachments

• zach.jpg
    zach.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 183
But now --i'm positive that the picture where he's walking is in the position that i pointed out. BUT i can't tell if that first one where he is standing in the window is in the same spot. It actually looks like it could be the other side of Boston Public Market where he WOULD be able to see the Bell In Hand. Anyone help me with this?

Does anyone know where Zach's late Grandma lived?
Could he have gone there?
Maybe no one has gone back to clean the place out since he went missing. It's a long shot...

But now --i'm positive that the picture where he's walking is in the position that i pointed out. BUT i can't tell if that first one where he is standing in the window is in the same spot. It actually looks like it could be the other side of Boston Public Market where he WOULD be able to see the Bell In Hand. Anyone help me with this?

could this be where he was standing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 45
There is a FB hashtag now #findzach new pics and flyers posted. It still doesn't seem to be in the news much, very odd. Still praying.

Again this just may be my ignorance - but I went to the hashtag. As I am going I was finding it very rude. Why are people posting pics of themselves smiling and alive on a place that is suppossed to for Zach?

The one with a person who appearred passed out drunk is flat obnoxious IMO. That is not funny..Is Twitter moderated or anything?

In addition, what is the purpose of just entering #findzach, I thought obvioulsy anyone who is here knows about it ?

I stopped looking but went back there is more just obnoxious stuff, talking about a great dinner somone had, someone took a coke bottle and made a "Share a Coke with Zach" thing. If anyone sees a drunk named Zach call me. A picture of that Mindvrap game. Wth??

" I miss my nig@@" cant say or type that word.

Is this typical???

okay i can see that cement beam and i think i found where he was standing which is in direct sight of Bell in Hand. Now I'm pretty confident that second picture at 1:44AM is on the other side of Boston Public Market on Hanover Street--where he is walking towards Southern Artery. I failed to recognize the first time around that both pictures weren't in the same location (based on the text on the windows). The image i post here doesn't have the same text in the windows because this was pre-opening of BPM (image from Google Maps). So the conclusion here is that Zach was on the move very very quickly from that first picture because he would have had to walk down past the Bell in Hand and over around Boston Public Market. He was definitely likely heading somewhere.
attachment.php

Attachments

• zach2.jpg
    zach2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors