Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
April,

It does look like something big is about to happen! Thanks for the link.

it is not just about seeing tears. susan smith had tears. blogging about your jogging and haircut, . . .
Isn't that more of the no tears sort of thing?

sherri79 said:
. . .refusing to admit it was wrong to leave the kids alone, . . .
Did they not admit feeling guilt about that? Or have I heard wrong about that interview? And perhaps admitting certain things to oneself are just too overwhelming for one to be able to go on unless it is rationalized in some way as a sort of defense mechanism.

". . . "I think it's fair to say that the guilt that we feel, having not been there at that moment - irrespective of whether we had been in the other bedroom or not - will never leave us."
Kate said they blamed themselves for the disappearance in the early stages.
"Certainly in the first few days the guilt was very difficult. I think as time goes on we feel stronger and we've felt very supported.
Gerry: "We've tried to rationalise things in our head. Ultimately what is done is done and we do continually look forward. . ."
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1267560,00.html

sherri79 said:
. . ., lying about how often they checked on the kids. . .
There is some doubt as to whether they and others lied about that. Basically as far as I can tell there 2 groups of people who were actually there saying different things. Perhaps some security video may exist somewhere to shed light on that someday, I don't know but until then to take one side or the other as being liars would be an assumption wouldn't it? And I have to admit I have a problem with accepting conspiracy theories in a case of this sort. A whole group of people decided to shield murdering parents by lying to cover for them? Perhaps this fact was one of the misinformation things the L.E. spoke of or perhaps there was just an honest mistake on the part of the workers in thinking no one had left the place during the dinner outing but either way I have trouble swallowing the conspiracy theory.

sherri79 said:
. . .these actions show a lack of emotion over their missing child.
sounds like mostly a "lack of tears" response to me. Sorry, not trying to be mean but I just don't agree that their actions after the event are all that terrible and I think that perhaps without this crime having happened you would not be able to tell them from many other parents who do somethings right and some things wrong in taking care of their children.

Having said all that: I am troubled by some things about this case:
I realize that in about 3/4 of the cases of missing children you can put up a large pic of the caregivers of that child and close your eyes and throw a dart at it and be correct in them being the perpetrators of the crime. That being said, there have been notable exceptions to this rule even here in the USA.

If L.E. had been calling them POI in this case or saying that they could not rule out the parents in this crime I would easily take the hint and go with the odds. The problem is that although I have read where L.E. has said they have not ruled out the friends of the family it has been repeatedly stated by senior L.E. working the case that the parents are not and never were suspects in this case. To me that hints that L.E. may have information that points elsewhere, perhaps to some of the friends or others as yet unnamed.

It troubles me also that I do not even feel that we know when this crime actually happened. We think we know the date but I am very uncertain about the actual time. Its hard to know who may have an alibi and who may not if you don't even know the times involved for sure. (I have already seen the posts where people are trying to establish a time window. I still do not know the hour this crime happened or even a 2 hour time slot.)

Another thing that bothers me a little is that some of the statements were evidently at odds between certain of the friends at supper that night and if the differences are significant (which we do not know yet) then I wonder if that points to the parents as doing wrong or to certain of the friends as being deceptive in some fashion. If the parents were deceptive then that will not come as a surprise to many but what if it is certain friends that were deceptive?

Then what if neither was purposely deceptive but only made errors in memory and then we find out the evidence points elswhere?

The best news I have seen about this case so far is that there may be some forensic evidence that may finally point everyone in the right direction.

If we do get answers soon as to what has happened to Madelaine and the perpetrators are charged due to evidence that proves they have committed the crimes, will the McCanns then be charged for the crime they committed, Child Endangerment.

April,

It does look like something big is about to happen! Thanks for the link.
Your welcome.
I have everything crossed!!!
This case desparately needs a break.

Thankyou April for this link, lets hope and pray we will have answers soon, as you say if there is any truth in the article.
your welcome Shazza, and Doc above too.

Just hope its not another let down.
I think we are all desperate for this to be solved.

your welcome Shazza, and Doc above too.

Just hope its not another let down.
I think we are all desperate for this to be solved.

Too true april, we all need closure, no matter which way it goes, it definitely doesnt look as if Madelaine is alive, but whoever the culprits are will hopefully be arrested and dealt with by the justice system.

Here is a Sky news article about the "major developments" which are pending (again, I might add :eek: ). It also has a picture of the little girl who was mistaken for Madeleine in Belgium. I can certainly see why the lady reported the event.

http://tinyurl.com/3ayefb

Too true april, we all need closure, no matter which way it goes, it definitely doesnt look as if Madelaine is alive, but whoever the culprits are will hopefully be arrested and dealt with by the justice system.
Amen! I sure hope the little girl is alive and being held somewhere in good shape (but that's just my hope and not what sounds likely) but either way I very much agree with your statement,". . . whoever the culprits are will hopefully be arrested and dealt with by the justice system."

As an RN I can tell you that Dr. and Nurses both have an ability to seperate themselves from certain situations and can be very unemotional in a crisis. I see this especially with those who work in high stress medical areas ER, OB, Cardiac ect. I worked OB for 10 years and as you know it is not always as glamorous as people think. Babies are born with severe deformaties, babies die, mothers can become very ill and even die it is part of the job. I know that sounds cold but, it was my reality. I tend to be exteremly emotional. In order for me to function in that enviorment during a crisis I had to turn that off. Trust me though I cried a bucket of tears in the utility room and in my car. I say this only because I believe that the McCanns as well probably have developed an ability to shut down all emotion. When you have the ability to do that it doesn't hurt as bad. Right or wrong it is a defense mechanism. I believe that they could do this regardless of the circumstances surrounding Maddies disappearance and their involvement or lack of involvement.

I absolutely agree with you. However, I believe most of those doctors and nurses' training goes out the window when its one of THEIR OWN children. I very seriously doubt if they would be able to stiffle the feelings of having one of their own in those situations.

My guess is ROB. He has consistently been the one reported as missing from dinner that night for the longest period of time. His wife, Jane Tanner also provided an alibi that could not be corroborated by anyone else. If he is brought in for questioning, it may end up just being for the purpose of clarifying the confusion.

Thanks for posting the links. The last one talks about a burglary gone bad as a possibility. Why on earth would a burglar murder a child to keep her from screaming and then take the body? It seems to me a stranger would leave the body and hightail it out of there. Why would a stranger risk being caught with a dead child? I am inclined to think that it is either someone who was watching the family and abducted little Maddie or someone close to the family took the opportunity to take her.

What confuses me is that there didn't seem much time for a friend to leave dinner and do this. So, in my mind, that leaves stranger abduction or parents. This is a very confusing case. It's hard to understand what really happened and how it could happen if the parents were going back and forth from dinner to check on the kids in a locked condo.

My guess is ROB. He has consistently been the one reported as missing from dinner that night for the longest period of time. His wife, Jane Tanner also provided an alibi that could not be corroborated by anyone else. If he is brought in for questioning, it may end up just being for the purpose of clarifying the confusion.

Okay, I must have missed this. I didn't realize that there was a friend missing from the dinner that evening. I wonder how long he was gone. It would certainly have to be a while, wouldn't it??

Hi Shazza,

What is concerning me now about the supposed planned arrest and searches, is that this information is already all over the press.
Whatever happened to surprise!!! Doesn't sound very professional.

I don't care "who" they arrest though...so long as it is the right "who"

Whoever it is they have been watched closely by the LE, it will be very interesting to see who it is and also the new evidence that the lE have, it is all very hush hush. It was also said in the links that I posted in my last post that it was possible Madelaines body could have been weighted down and dumped in the ocean, the LE have been looking into the tides etc. If she was dumped in the sea it will be hard to locate her even if she is weighted down. They should have divers out there but where would they start, its a big ocean.

I am thinking the sedation theory is the most likely and her body dumped in the sea, there was enough time and there is known that their was a member or members missing or late from the dinner table at some time during the dinner party on the night of Madelaines disappearance. There is evidence or investigations still in process of Madelaines DNA in the cars hired by the McCanns and their friends. This is starting to sound more plausible with the latest news reports.

Russell O'Brien and Jane Tanner are parents of two children, one of whom was allegedly sick and throwing up that night. Somewhere I read that, along with the McCanns, they didn't use a babysitter or baby-phone service as the Paynes and Oldfields did. He claimed she was so violently sick that he had to change the sheets of her bed. Housekeeping denied this, saying they didn't receive a request for clean sheets.

Someone posted a timeline of comings and goings on Aussie Mike's blog. I'll have to see if I can find it or make up my own because there's something hinky about the check times.

Russell O'Brien and Jane Tanner are parents of two children, one of whom was allegedly sick and throwing up that night. Somewhere I read that he claimed she was so violently sick that he had to change the sheets of her bed. Housekeeping denied this, saying they didn't receive a request for clean sheets.

I think someone posted this info before but I can't find it now: Does anyone know if Rusell O'Brien is a doctor and if so, what is his specialty?

Btw, you all are great sleuthers and obviously care about Madeleine so much. I read often but rarely post. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste