Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But isn't that what the fund is for? Or should be for? Promoting public awareness about Madeleine's disappearance?

Other families of missing children with fewer resources than the McC's provide missing posters free of charge, I believe, why not the McC's?

imo

I agree. While I would assume this is not to raise money for the fund, I cannot imagine they would with hold these posters for any reason, much less 10p.

Also, you may not purchase ONLY posters, it stipulates that they may only be included with other purchases....which are just the bracelets, I think?

I agree. While I would assume this is not to raise money for the fund, I cannot imagine they would with hold these posters for any reason, much less 10p.

Also, you may not purchase ONLY posters, it stipulates that they may only be included with other purchases....which are just the bracelets, I think?

Very odd indeed, imo.

They are 10 pence......that's 20c. There cannot be ANY profit in this, sounds like they are covering costs so the fund does not have to.

I thought the fund was set up to help find Maddie. Wouldn't that include printing up posters? My understanding was that they have rasied a million dollars. What are they using that money for? I realize that what they are asking for probably only covers the costbut, you have to buy other items in order to purchase the posters. Well I will tell you they are making a HUGE profit on those bracelets. I say that because my husband worked for a company until recently that made these along with other items and they cost about 5 cents to make.

Hi colo, hope you are well today! You've made a friend here in me, you're one of the most intelligent and compassionate people I've met in a long time. Keep on keepin' on!

I wonder if the "another lead" refers to the car that was rented three days after Maddie's disappearance.

Hi Carpe,

Sorry...I meant to respond...awwwww shucks :blushing: thank you...

I got side tracked trying to making sure my posts were proper.

:blowkiss:

I thought the fund was set up to help find Maddie. Wouldn't that include printing up posters? My understanding was that they have rasied a million dollars. What are they using that money for?

Oh, I wasn't defending it, just pointing out that I doubt it's to make any more money.

It's odd, for sure.

Oh, I wasn't defending it, just pointing out that I doubt it's to make any more money.

It's odd, for sure.

It is odd indeed! I edited my previous post to add that they are not making money on the posters but, they will make a bundle on the bracelets that you must purchase in order to purchase a poster.

It's odd, for sure.

Agreed, it is definitely not to make money (at least I sure hope not). I just think it is another in a long list of rather insulting things that Team McCann have come up with. I mean, if you are desperate to find your missing child wouldn't you send posters (regardless of cost, even coming out of your own pocket) to anyone who requested them? If for no other reason than in the hopes that they would get posted somewhere. By charging any amount for the one thing that GM has said will help them the most just comes across as absurd. Definitely shows a lack of forethought!

I can't for the life of me understand why they would be selling poster to help find their own child. I have in all my other posts given the McCanns the benefit of doubt, but this just doesn't feel right.

IMO if it were my child missing I wouldn't sell posters to help locate my child. I would be greatful for any help I could get. Also where is the money going for the bracelets?

Agreed, it is definitely not to make money (at least I sure hope not). I just think it is another in a long list of rather insulting things that Team McCann have come up with. I mean, if you are desperate to find your missing child wouldn't you send posters (regardless of cost, even coming out of your own pocket) to anyone who requested them? If for no other reason than in the hopes that they would get posted somewhere. By charging any amount for the one thing that GM has said will help them the most just comes across as absurd. Definitely shows a lack of forethought!

No, the intent of selling posters isn't to raise money, but maybe to save money, so that there is more money in the fund to pay for whatever they are using the money for. It's just in bad taste, imo.

Yeah, because there is only a tad over 1 million pounds, and they certainly would not want to be wasteful spending any of it on silly things like, oh, I don't know, missing posters. What is this fund for again?

The McCanns are beneath contempt, selling posters.

Un-freakin'-believable!!

Yeah, because there is only a tad over 1 million pounds, and they certainly would not want to be wasteful spending any of it on silly things like, oh, I don't know, missing posters. What is this fund for again?

508.gif
508.gif
508.gif

That is the funniest thing I have read all day, thanks Lanie!

Its bizarre, really. It would be the perfect thing to spend $$ on. I really don't get it.

from RTVA (Radio Y Television de Andalucia):

http://www.canalsur.es/informativos/noticia?id=23147

Copied from: http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.co...eral&action=display&thread=1187388920&page=27 post #396

Without clues on the missing girl
There are no clues that Madeleine was in Spain

Police and the Guardia Civil have no indications that the girl that went missing in Portugal was in Spanish territory, as Madeleine’s parents have pointed out in several media.

The Police and the Guardia Civil have, at the moment, no investigation line at all about the possible presence of British girl Madeleine McCann in Spain, or that she might have passed through this country at any moment after she was abducted, according to sources from both authorities that are in charge of missing persons and abductions.

In several interviews that were published today by Spanish media, Madeleine’s parents point to the possibility that their daughter is in Spain, and they say that Spanish Security Forces are “involved” in the investigation. There is no doubt that neither the Police investigators nor the Guardia Civil have an open line on that issue.

The consulted sources have explained that since the first moment, they have studied every single lead, coming from abroad or from any point in Spain, about people who believed they had seen Madeleine, and that those researches have lead to no trustworthy trail.

Furthermore, police forces have stated that the explanation that the child could be in Spain because there are no controls on the border with Portugal could equally be applied to any other country within the European Union.

http://store.bringmadeleinehome.com/acatalog/Posters.html

SELLING the posters....OMG :eek:

Talk about bad taste...:mad:

Just when I think someone has done the lowest thing you can imagine, the McCanns have to pull off this mind-boggling stunt. And having to also buy a bracelet for the "opportunity" to purchase a poster is tactless.

Just when I think someone has done the lowest thing you can imagine, the McCanns have to pull off this mind-boggling stunt. And having to also buy a bracelet for the "opportunity" to purchase a poster is tactless.

Maybe they attended one of John Ramsey's seminars on "How To Handle The Media." :slap:

P.S. In all seriousness, Ramsey is a member of the Nashville Speakers' Bureau (in Tennessee) and he charges a fee to speak to groups about how to handle the media based on how he handled the media when his daughter JonBenet Ramsey was killed.

I believe when one gets too emotionally involved in someone else's tragedy, without knowing them, it's a bad thing. I further believe emailing parents who have a missing child, asking them "tell the truth" oversteps the bounds of common sense and decency.

Then I guess most of us here at Websleuths are guilty of "a bad thing" because many of us get emotionally involved in these tragedies. The cases we discuss here are about defenseless people- women and children who have gone missing or been murdered or abused. Some have nobody to care about them except us here on this site. If my daughter or son was one of these missing children, I'd want someone like colomom to worry and care and try to find the solution.

As for the McCanns, they have lied. Repeatedly! The Tapa Bar is 120 yards away across a parking lot, lawns, shrubbery, a pool and a wall. To walk between it and the apartment is twice that. But I have yet to see where the parents have been honest about the distance. They have said the restaurant was 50-40-30, even as close as 20 yards away from the apartment. "It's like dining in your garden". They must have a lot of pretty big gardens in England. "We could see the apartment door from the Tapas". What, with their x-ray vision?

This case is the mess it's become partly because of the McCanns' lies and fabrications. And I agree that we might have gotten to the bottom of it if the parents had been truthful in the beginning. It's very unfortunate that, IMO, by the time it's solved (if it's solved), it will be too late for Madeleine.

High-five, Lanie!!!!! :woohoo:
sign0021.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members