Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Hughes was hired to take her place, but it seems she hasn't stepped down yet. And to the best of my knowledge, it's never been said whether she quit or was sacked.
Thanks CaliKid, it makes you wonder if she was sacked or stood down why is she still there, unless she has to serve out her notice. Would like to know the reason, thinking she might know something that could help the investigation. All these little things add up, and a story emerges of what may have happened, so many pieces in this puzzle, just cannot see the finished product, there are pieces missing which I think the McCanns and their friends are holding onto.

docwho3 said:
In the interest of fairness: Quote from the same article:
". . .Kate and Gerry McCann's spokeswoman Justine McGuinness stated the pair were not considering legal action against Ms Felgueiras.
She said: "Kate and Gerry are not planning to sue anyone. They are focused on finding Madeleine." . . ."
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20070824/tuk-mccanns-furious-at-media-smears-6323e80_1.html

I bolded one part to make it stand out, in the interest of fairness.
I thought I read somewhere the spokeswoman Justine McGuinness was sacked by the McCanns, if wrong I apologise.
I just copied-N-pasted that excerpt from the news article. You might want to contact the news agency to see if perhaps they got any details wrong.

She was either replaced or left because she was unused to dealing with press interest on a world-wide scale or it may have been too much to deal with personally.

It's a horrendous undertaking and the phone would not have stopped ringing. Also the press are ungovernable - it doesn't matter how much correct information you give them, around fifty percent seem to have made up their mind before they receive information. PR 's are blamed for poor press, even though it is mostly out of their hands.

If you want to know how to 'read' an article - The opening pars are usually what the reporter thinks might have happened - or will happen. there may be some facts here. The press have a duty to print both sides of the argument - or it used to 15 years ago.

Read down to the last couple of paragraphs and, in the interest of 'balance' , the information given as fact may be there - if it hasn't been cut by an enthusiastic sub-editor.

Maybe so, but in the dark if a child was awake, would the burglar then kill the child, or flee? To me, the burglar theory is the weakest one because it doesn't fit the usual pattern of thieves.

Most burglars are aware that they leave DNA, which, if the burglar theory is correct, may be why he took her.

. . .If you want to know how to 'read' an article - The opening pars are usually what the reporter thinks might have happened - or will happen. there may be some facts here. The press have a duty to print both sides of the argument - or it used to 15 years ago.

Read down to the last couple of paragraphs and, in the interest of 'balance' , the information given as fact may be there - if it hasn't been cut by an enthusiastic sub-editor.
I appreciate your expertise in this area. Thanks for the info.

She was either replaced or left because she was unused to dealing with press interest on a world-wide scale or it may have been too much to deal with personally.

It's a horrendous undertaking and the phone would not have stopped ringing. Also the press are ungovernable - it doesn't matter how much correct information you give them, around fifty percent seem to have made up their mind before they receive information. PR 's are blamed for poor press, even though it is mostly out of their hands.

If you want to know how to 'read' an article - The opening pars are usually what the reporter thinks might have happened - or will happen. there may be some facts here. The press have a duty to print both sides of the argument - or it used to 15 years ago.

I dont know if is stated anywhere whether she was sacked or resigned, or for what reason, could you please show me a link as to where I might find this info, or is what you said which I have bolded just your opinion, I think if we found out the reason it would gives us more insight as to what is going on with the McCanns, as she would be privy to details that are not available to us and the reasons she is no longer working or will be working for them could have some bearing on this case.

I was talking about their decision to sue or not sue the journalist and nothing else.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=477214&in_page_id=1811
vs.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20070824/tuk-mccanns-furious-at-media-smears-6323e80_1.html

Neither from Portuguese sources, I might add.

In the first link it says the information, re-sueing, came from a "friend" then it says a "Source" .....a word the tabloids love to use when they can't back up what they're saying.
The press just playing their games.

The fund is not a charity...

~Yes- I was saying that the fund wasn't a charity, simply because if it were a registered charity then it would have to show what the money was spent on - and it is likely that some of the money will have been used in undercover operations.

There is also criticism of the Mc Cann's 'suddenly' saying that she may be alive in Spain - but this information may be through their own paid-for investigations and not the police.

As to the sniffer dogs - there is no reliable statement as to which dog detected what smell where.

As there are two dogs, it is difficult to distinguish between their reactions if we do not know for certain where they reacted from police announcements. (Maybe I've missed it).

Presumably any site that the corpse-detection dog picked up would be thoroughly investigated, so the likelhood is that it was the villa, but we do not know for certain until an authoritive announcement is made.

In the first link it says the information, re-sueing, came from a "friend" then it says a "Source" .....a word the tabloids love to use when they can't back up what they're saying.
The press are playing their little games at the expense of a dear little girl, and getting paid heaps for it, you would think that some of these jounalists would have morals and think about who they are writing about, not about how much money they are going to make. They are subhuman beings, if it were their child Im sure they would think twice about what they publish.

Spot on April4sky!

The joke used to be that the 'source' was made up in the back of a taxi, possibly with the help of the taxi driver.

Unless the statement is attributed to a person, view it with caution. Even then, words are mangled to make the story read better.

I dont know if is stated anywhere whether she was sacked or resigned, or for what reason, could you please show me a link as to where I might find this info, or is what you said which I have bolded just your opinion, I think if we found out the reason it would gives us more insight as to what is going on with the McCanns, as she would be privy to details that are not available to us and the reasons she is no longer working or will be working for them could have some bearing on this case.

It has been stated in the press that she resigned and was sacked around a couple of weeks ago. Depends what view you take. Perhaps she left to spend more time with her family.

PR's usually do not say why they left or resigned - as they would not get any further clients either way.

If they said that parted company if the job was too much for them - would you employ them?

If they stated they left because the client decided they were not doing a good job - would you let the world know?

So it is unlikley that you will get any but the briefest statement from a PR.

It has been stated in the press that she resigned and was sacked around a couple of weeks ago. Depends what view you take. Perhaps she left to spend more time with her family.

PR's usually do not say why they left or resigned - as they would not get any further clients either way.

If they said that parted company if the job was too much for them - would you employ them?

If they stated they left because the client decided they were not doing a good job - would you let the world know?

So it is unlikley that you will get any but the briefest statement from a PR.
So we dont know if she was sacked or resigned. I think everyone will know who she is now anyway, with the publicity this case has, her name is all over the media, and so I think she wouldnt have a hard time of finding another job whether it was a sacking or resignation, someone with a high profile will benefit from it whether it is good or bad.

The press are playing their little games at the expense of a dear little girl, and getting paid heaps for it, you would think that some of these jounalists would have morals and think about who they are writing about, not about how much money they are going to make. They are subhuman beings, if it were their child Im sure they would think twice about what they publish.
I know Shazza, its very sad as Madeleine is being forgotten in this mess. The press will say anything for ratings....Pouring fire on troubled waters!!!!

I couldn't remember the details re-Justine McGuinness. Tried to do a search and found this link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=476245&in_page_id=1770

If true...Sources again I'm afraid. The McCanns were thinking of returning home when their lease ended...Middle of Sept.
According to this article Justine McGuinness was to leave then, which may explain why she is still working.
If true I shouldn't think she has been sacked. Hope this helps.

I know Shazza, its very sad as Madeleine is being forgotten in this mess. The press will say anything for ratings....Pouring fire on troubled waters!!!!

I couldn't remember the details re-Justine McGuinness. Tried to do a search and found this link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=476245&in_page_id=1770

If true...Sources again I'm afraid. The McCanns were thinking of returning home when their lease ended...Middle of Sept.
According to this article Justine McGuinness was to leave then, which may explain why she is still working.
If true I shouldn't think she has been sacked. Hope this helps.
Thanks april4sky, the link doesnt actually state whether she resigned or was sacked, not that it has any bearing on finding madelaine, but I would like to know, as Justine would know more about the McCanns and their friends. It is so sad when people use a tragedy to get ahead or a high profle or worse still more money, it truly sickens me.

I think this is about the M's out drinking and cutting up THEN going to pick up their kids from the creche and having to deal with trying to settle them down so late so they themselves could 'pass out'. MUCH easier to leave the kids in bed all tucked in for the night and possibly 'dosed' up so when they themselves came in tipsy they could just 'crash'. No dealing with little ones... I think that is why they didn't want to use the baby sitting service. Obviously it had nothing to do with them not trusting them since they did leave them there during the day.. AND we have all seen them taking the twins there since!

I agree wtih this synopsis but I add to it. As of two days ago I no longer believe the checking on the children rotations as put forth by the Mccaans. The whole set up is unbelievable. Aside from the obivous danger and disregard for the children the set up is completley unrelaxing and overly disruptive for the adults. If people were comming and going as often as claimed nobody could have been relaxing or playing trivia and drinking the way they were alledgedly drinking. The evening as described by the adults nolonger makes sense to me. I should add that if anyone knows me here they know I always lean on the side of innocence and respecting the right of anyone to be treated as not guilty. Hence my team Humanity tag. So this is a huge change for me. But this time I do not believe in the innocence of these parents anymore

mjak

The creche opens early so would the same the creche workers be on duty from 9am to around midnight - even with breaks?

And are the creche staff the babysitters?

No disagreement that theMcCanns should have hired sitters - I wouldn't as I've never left my children, but the exact circumstances don't seem to be known.

The exact circumstances are known- the kids were alone.
What exact circumstances would be required to make leaving the children alone more suitable than leaving them in the the creche or with a 'strange' sitter?
And if the creche staff included very dubious people, then why would you leave your children alone when the dubious people were only a brisk walk away? Casting aspersions on the staff only makes the parents look worse.

I think this is about the M's out drinking and cutting up THEN going to pick up their kids from the creche and having to deal with trying to settle them down so late so they themselves could 'pass out'. MUCH easier to leave the kids in bed all tucked in for the night and possibly 'dosed' up so when they themselves came in tipsy they could just 'crash'. No dealing with little ones... I think that is why they didn't want to use the baby sitting service. Obviously it had nothing to do with them not trusting them since they did leave them there during the day.. AND we have all seen them taking the twins there since!

And this is why it stands out as so unlikely there was so much running back and forth checking children.

My sister sent me this in an email and I wanted to share it with you guys:

"27th August; the day the Whole World is waiting for .....Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting in August. It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will culminate on August 27 when Mars comes within 34.65 Million miles of earth. Be sure to watch the sky on August 27. It will look like the earth has 2 moons. The next time Mars comes this close again is in 2287 (280 years in the future).

Share this with your friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will ever see it again."

Wouldn't it be great if Madeleine were found alive on that day??? :dance: I know, I know.....I am such a Pollyanna I am almost pathetic. I would probably even be cute if it weren't for the huge bags under my eyes from having stayed on this computer all night. :crazy: In any case, I guess the Shawn Hornbeck case and Elizabeth Smart case will always inspire me to dream.

Lol, Monday is my birthday. So good to know it is the day the Whole World is waiting for...;)

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't I read that you could hire a sitter to come to your room for the children. If that is the case, they would not have had to carry any sleeping children.

Lol, Monday is my birthday. So good to know it is the day the Whole World is waiting for...;)

LOL, Lanie, didn't you know the world is planning a parade and fireworks in your honor? We're on the edge of our seats with breathless anticipation!! :crazy: :blowkiss:

It would be great if Madeleine was found on ANY day, especially if it was safely!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KariGirl