Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.stv.tv/content/news/head...news/Gerrry_McCann_brings_Madeleine_campaign_

Interview with Gerry McCann

A few things....

"Easier on us to work with them rather than go away and hide" :eek:

"Criticism"...in the first 2 weeks...is that right??? :waitasec:

"We have done everything that we think will have an effect on the outcome..." :waitasec:

"Alot of what was being said was either untrue or half true..." :eek:

I think Gerry should stop giving videotaped interviews.....

docwho3 said:
I think the behavior of these parents will be best viewed in hindsight. After the case is solved it might be very educational to keep this behavior in mind, as to whether it points to innocence or guilt in the end.

Hindsight started the minute Maddie was found to be missing. . . .
No, hindsight in the way I used the term can't begin until the case is officially solved and a conviction obtained. Then we can reasonably say for sure that someone was or was not guilty of whatever was done to the missing little girl. The fact that some are upset with the parents cannot change that.

Texana said:
. . .I'm sorry, but these parents will never be completely innocent, as they made the decisions that placed their children at risk repeatedly. Many other parents who left their children alone and had tragedy occur have faced far greater consequences, censure, and speculation than the McCanns. . .
That is again a judgment made about being upset with the parents alleged lack of supervision and not based on the actual crime of murder. I think you knew that and I think it poor behavior to grab any post available to use to harp on some personal agenda point of your own when I was actually commenting on us possibly being able to learn about the behavior of either guilty people (if the parents turn out to be guilty of the crime) or a chance for us to learn how parents can behave if they are innocent of the crime of murder of their own child.

I feel so sad for Madeleine... first mom and dad selfishly left her alone and once she was gone they staged a media coup on a world stage scale that included tours to other countries and celebrity backings, while sincere foot-to-ground actions to actually find her have been few and far between. Heck, there aren't even posters out there with a good description of her to help the general public know what to exactly look for in regards of the child. She's just a face with an eye abnormality and name... that is all the parents seem to want us to go on, to find her... downloading her free missing poster supports that. Daddy is running a site in her name that is more about him and his monetary campain, while selling wristbands advertising his self-glorification website, and charging for the better "missing" posters... and now they want to scale back things. That poor child... she deserves better than this... far better than this.

This is my opinion... and I know many will not agree with it... but it's how I feel.

I think you have that backwards Elphaba, most will agree, a few will not. It is fast becoming a nightmare, IMHO.

~snip~

That is again a judgment made about being upset with the parents alleged lack of supervision and not based on the actual crime of murder. I think you knew that and I think it poor behavior....~snip~

ALLEGED!?!?

"poor behavior" :eek:

My mother taught me that if you can't say anything nice.....oh, never mind.
nono.gif

This is my opinion... and I know many will not agree with it... but it's how I feel.

I agree 100%.

No, hindsight in the way I used the term can't begin until the case is officially solved and a conviction obtained. Then we can reasonably say for sure that someone was or was not guilty of whatever was done to the missing little girl. The fact that some are upset with the parents cannot change that.

That is again a judgment made about being upset with the parents alleged lack of supervision and not based on the actual crime of murder. I think you knew that and I think it poor behavior to grab any post available to use to harp on some personal agenda point of your own when I was actually commenting on us possibly being able to learn about the behavior of either guilty people (if the parents turn out to be guilty of the crime) or a chance for us to learn how parents can behave if they are innocent of the crime of murder of their own child.

docwho3, would you PLEASE stop judging us for speculating on the parents' behavior. Like colomom said, there is no alledged lack of supervision- it is a fact. Even the McCanns admit they left their children alone.

The McCanns are like the man who let the genie out of the bottle. Early on they had friends with powerful contacts (i.e. Kate McCann's best friend was neighbors with PM Brown's brother) and set up this global media campaign. One of the things they apparently didn't consider was that their own behavior would come under scrutiny, fair or not, and whatever secrets they hoped to hide (i.e. they left their children, crying, alone at night to go out and get drunk) would eventually come out. What it looks like to me and a lot of others is that they can't handle the attention about the choices they made. Like a little boy who gets mad at his playmates, he wants to take his bat and go home. It is unfortunately too late for the parents to take everything back.

Second, I'm not an expert on pedophile practices, but the way I understand it from people who do know, it's been said that Madeleine most likely wouldn't have been targeted for abduction by one. Pedo gangs target and kidnap lower profile children who won't be missed, not an English girl on vacation on the Portuguese coast with her parents.[/quote]

I previously thought UK paedophiles usually went to Morocco and Thailand but I've read that Portugal and Belgium as risky areas. Yes, they usually pick on children that are likely not to be missed but a child in the UK was recently abducted when a mother left the bathroom window open on a ground floor and the child was taken from the bath. It was only to because of the abductor's erratic driving that he was caught.

But there does seem to be another conflicting piece of information with the Jane Tanner abductor sighting...

She says that she saw a child being carried away under a blanket (Daily Mail). But she also says that she identified Madeleine's pyjamas but didn't know it was Madeleine.

How could she see the pyjamas if the child was under the blanket as stated? It is possible that it was Madeleine's own blanket - and most children have the holey-type Mothercare ones in the UK, so she may have been able to see the colour of the pyjamas through the holes.

There doesn't seem to be a description of the blanket anywhere and we don't know whether it was a hotel blanket - or her own.

If the hotel/villa bed blanket was missing when Mrs McCann returned then she would almost be certain that Madeleine didn't wander off as it would be too big for her to drag with her. So she must have thought that she had been taken immediately.

If it was a hotel bed blanket that the abductor used, this swings the possibility to either the burglar theory - as it would have been unpremeditated, or that the abductor came unprepared.

The other possibility is that it was someone with access to the room, including the hotel staff and the McCann party. I'm willing to bet that the police didn't do any blanket counting.

The only other possibility is that if the blanket was the same as the hotel's, but Madeleine's hotel bed blanket was left untouched, then the witnessed blanket must have come from another room - or the linen cupboard in Mark Warner's.

If Jane Tanner witnessed the abductor carrying the child in a completely different colour blanket, other than the hotel's or Madeleine's own, then it is likely it was a premeditated act. She may, of course, not remembered the colour but if she saw enough to see colour of the the pyjamas, then she it is likely that she saw the colour of the blanket.

I would have thought that this would have been relatively easy for the police to assess the options. But maybe all information has to be kept from the public domain.

It is a pity that there is not more information given on the blanket, as, if someone found one, - or even a scrap of it, they might hand it in to the police.

Has anyone seen any information on the type of blanket that Jane Tanner says she saw?

I guess it's possible the blanket didn't cover the entire body and a pajama'd leg or arm was poking out. And a missing hotel blanket would be a red flag.

I didn't read of any blanket description, but there was possibly a towel. Remember the map for finding Madeleine's body that was provided by that psychic in the Netherlands- the one who supposedly told the Dutch the precise place where two abducted girls had been buried? When the media went to dig in the spot they found some towel. It might or might not be connected.

I agree 100%.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ...,well said Calikid.

docwho3, would you PLEASE stop judging us for speculating on the parents' behavior. Like colomom said, there is no alledged lack of supervision- it is a fact. Even the McCanns admit they left their children alone.

The McCanns are like the man who let the genie out of the bottle. Early on they had friends with powerful contacts (i.e. Kate McCann's best friend was neighbors with PM Brown's brother) and set up this global media campaign. One of the things they apparently didn't consider was that their own behavior would come under scrutiny, fair or not, and whatever secrets they hoped to hide (i.e. they left their children, crying, alone at night to go out and get drunk) would eventually come out. What it looks like to me and a lot of others is that they can't handle the attention about the choices they made. Like a little boy who gets mad at his playmates, he wants to take his bat and go home. It is unfortunately too late for the parents to take everything back.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I guess it's possible the blanket didn't cover the entire body and a pajama'd leg or arm was poking out. And a missing hotel blanket would be a red flag.
I didn't read of any blanket description, but there was possibly a towel. Remember the map for finding Madeleine's body that was provided by that psychic in the Netherlands- the one who supposedly told the Dutch the precise place where two abducted girls had been buried? When the media went to dig in the spot they found some towel. It might or might not be connected.[/quote]

Yes , thanks. I remember the towel but thought it had been tested and nothing found. A hotel blanket would give more coverage than a towel but it's still a possibilty.

~snip~
But there does seem to be another conflicting piece of information with the Jane Tanner abductor sighting...

She says that she saw a child being carried away under a blanket (Daily Mail). But she also says that she identified Madeleine's pyjamas but didn't know it was Madeleine.

How could she see the pyjamas if the child was under the blanket as stated? It is possible that it was Madeleine's own blanket - and most children have the holey-type Mothercare ones in the UK, so she may have been able to see the colour of the pyjamas through the holes.

There doesn't seem to be a description of the blanket anywhere and we don't know whether it was a hotel blanket - or her own.

If the hotel/villa bed blanket was missing when Mrs McCann returned then she would almost be certain that Madeleine didn't wander off as it would be too big for her to drag with her. So she must have thought that she had been taken immediately.

If it was a hotel bed blanket that the abductor used, this swings the possibility to either the burglar theory - as it would have been unpremeditated, or that the abductor came unprepared.

The other possibility is that it was someone with access to the room, including the hotel staff and the McCann party. I'm willing to bet that the police didn't do any blanket counting.

The only other possibility is that if the blanket was the same as the hotel's, but Madeleine's hotel bed blanket was left untouched, then the witnessed blanket must have come from another room - or the linen cupboard in Mark Warner's.

If Jane Tanner witnessed the abductor carrying the child in a completely different colour blanket, other than the hotel's or Madeleine's own, then it is likely it was a premeditated act. She may, of course, not remembered the colour but if she saw enough to see colour of the the pyjamas, then she it is likely that she saw the colour of the blanket.

I would have thought that this would have been relatively easy for the police to assess the options. But maybe all information has to be kept from the public domain.

It is a pity that there is not more information given on the blanket, as, if someone found one, - or even a scrap of it, they might hand it in to the police.

Has anyone seen any information on the type of blanket that Jane Tanner says she saw?

First point...

The "resort" (Mark Warner's Ocean Club) is separate from the privately-owned apartment where the McCanns were staying. It is not a hotel. There is no room service, maid service, supplied linens, etc. like at a hotel.

See: http://www.bookmyvillas.com/villadetails.asp?villaid=10002

"Please note that we do not belong to the Ocean Club although our apartment is on their complex."

2nd point....

I believe that the blankets have been accounted for, I believe that if there were missing blankets the owner would probably have reported it to the PJ since there have been many reports of the "man with the bundle wrapped in a blanket/towel". If I can find this information, I am sure the PJ can as well. Same goes for towels. If the McCanns had brought their own towels/blankets I would guess they would have given that information to the PJ (which they may already have done). If this information is important, it is being kept secret. There have been no reports giving detail of the "blanket/towel" Jane Tanner refered to. Since the PJ did release information about the pajamas that Maddie was wearing I would guess they would have also given information on any blanket/towel that turned up missing.

From the same: See: http://www.bookmyvillas.com/villadetails.asp?villaid=10002

"To ease laundry situation please bring your own sheets (one base sheet and one top sheet for each bed you will be using, plus 2 pillowcases per person). There is a blanket and pillows provided for each bed in the apartment. A small supply of sheets/pillowcases are in the wardrobes of each bedroom for emergencies only!"

There is a small supply of towels in the dresser in the front room, although you will need to take your own swimming/beach towels.

Docwho3, you quoted my post, so I am not "grabbing on to any post available to harp on a personal agenda point," if I am responding to what you said when you quoted my original post. We can play "who grabbed on to what" but the whole idea of "grabbing" anything with you seems rather distasteful so I'll have to just pass on that.

I won't ever consider it "poor behavior" even if you quote every post I make and say the same thing in response every time. That's what a forum is all about. You're entitled to your opinion. If you make a good point, I'll respect you for it. Make logical points and arguments that defend the McCanns actions or behaviors by those associated with them, and I'm more than willing to alter my opinion accordingly. Use the phrase "alleged lack of supervision" and you're going to make that much more difficult for me, since children left in a room over 100 yards away, door unlocked, public access, constitutes lack of supervision legally in many countries.

If you consider my response poor behavior then you should most definitely report that to the moderators. I respectfully urge you to do so the next time you feel that I've "grabbed on" to anything or exhibited what you consider "poor behavior" in responding to your posts.

Yes , thanks. I remember the towel but thought it had been tested and nothing found. A hotel blanket would give more coverage than a towel but it's still a possibilty.

Blanket.jpg

What do you think...towel or blanket....or???

Map of the Algarve

algarve-villas.gif

Luz Ocean Club resort

map.jpg

If anyone can figure out on the map where the Tapas bar and the McCanns' apartment was, I'd appreciate it.

Docwho3, you quoted my post, so I am not "grabbing on to any post available to harp on a personal agenda point," if I am responding to what you said when you quoted my original post. We can play "who grabbed on to what" but the whole idea of "grabbing" anything with you seems rather distasteful so I'll have to just pass on that.

I won't ever consider it "poor behavior" even if you quote every post I make and say the same thing in response every time. That's what a forum is all about. You're entitled to your opinion. If you make a good point, I'll respect you for it. Make logical points and arguments that defend the If you consider my response poor behavior then you should most definitely report that to the moderators. I respectfully urge you to do so the next time you feel that I've "grabbed on" to anything or exhibited what you consider "poor behavior" in responding to your posts.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Map of the Algarve

algarve-villas.gif

Luz Ocean Club resort

map.jpg

If anyone can figure out on the map where the Tapas bar and the McCanns' apartment was, I'd appreciate it.

Cali,

See on the left side, the buildings numbered 4 and 5? They are just above the line showing the "pool entrance". Just below them, other side of the pool, you see two tennis courts? Just above and slightly right there is a little white building...really close to the pool....that's the Tapas Bar. Building 5 is the building where the McCanns stayed. Their apartment was on the farthest right side of that building.

That looks right to me! All of the apartment buildings look like they had excellent road access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste