Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video of Kate arriving at the PJ.... (she's got the cat)

. . .

Let's see how long she stays in there, that will tell alot.

Or if she leaves before being arrested. She took cuddle cat??? Ummm, she needs to give that a break. You're almost 40 Kate.

Does it not seem silly that PLE always talks about who will be questioned in the upcoming week? Remember when they took Murat in? The press talked about it for days saying he had an "appointment" to be questioned. I don't understand that part of their system at all. Making appointments to be questioned.

In the US, no one says anything, the police show up at your door, work, where ever and haul your rearend in. There is no forewarning so you can work on your alibi and make sure your statement makes sense.:waitasec:

Salem

That is for your average joe on the street. Appointments are made through attorneys for wealthy people to be questioned, as well as letting them schedule their own jail time for certain offenses.
I'm not ready to be jumping all over the PLE for being inadequate (and not implying you are). They may be inept, they may not have the experience, or they may just do things differently. I would say the US and also the UK LE have dropped the ball pretty badly on major cases, and IMO I just don't find them all that superior to most other countries police departments.
Lanie

majak - you are not crazy, just compassionate. I think you are right, if the parents did it, I don't think they meant too. And just aside from that, the guilt they experiencing from having left the
Salem

Thank you Salem for explaning to me what I was feel is compassion. I have to confess something that might make people understand some of my oddness. I have aspergers syndrome which is an autistic spectrum disorder. Most of my life I had little understanding of emotions. I still do not really understand them but after years and years of therapy I have learned how to recognize t hem and integreated the impotance of them. However, I still often go back into my more natural very black and white thinking a lot and for the life of it I could not understand how I could be feeling something that felt not negative or hateful about parents who I am reading may have killed there child and staaged a horrible coverup. Now that you said compassion I understand what I was feeling and it reminded me you can feel numerous emotions even polar emotions at the same time. Thank you.

mjak

I'm not ready to be jumping all over the PLE for being inadequate (and not implying you are). They may be inept, they may not have the experience, or they may just do things differently. I would say the US and also the UK LE have dropped the ball pretty badly on major cases, and IMO I just don't find them all that superior to most other countries police departments.
Lanie

I am far from thinking PLE is inadequate infact they might come out of this looking pretty brilliant. If it is true and the parents are guilty and PLE is able to charge them that is a huge huge accomplishment. Not only did these parents use a gigantic mulit million dollar pr camagian but they had a whole country, England, the Pope and celebriteis backing them. For a little country like Portugal to have stood up to this, to all the media nightmare and succesffuly close this case that would be a huge accomplishment. So if the parents are guilty and about to be charged then I think PLE is far fro in adequate. In fact maybe we can learn from them.

mjak

Thank you Salem for explaning to me what I was feel is compassion. I have to confess something that might make people understand some of my oddness. I have aspergers syndrome which is an autistic spectrum disorder. Most of my life I had little understanding of emotions. I still do not really understand them but after years and years of therapy I have learned how to recognize t hem and integreated the impotance of them. However, I still often go back into my more natural very black and white thinking a lot and for the life of it I could not understand how I could be feeling something that felt not negative or hateful about parents who I am reading may have killed there child and staaged a horrible coverup. Now that you said compassion I understand what I was feeling and it reminded me you can feel numerous emotions even polar emotions at the same time. Thank you.

mjak

You are not odd!! My step-son has Aspergers, while sometimes socially awkward, he is a sweet, compassionate, loving soul.

:blowkiss: mjak....

I find this in that article very interesting...

"Madeleine McCann's mother has issued a desperate appeal for her daughter's safety as police re-interview her in Portugal today."

Why now? Why is she appealing NOW?

Today in Correio da Manha:

http://www.correiodamanha.pt/noticia.asp?id=256813&idselect=181&idCanal=181&p=0

Copied from: http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=latest&action=display&thread=1182386581&page=21 post #312

Tests: There are partial results
Cadaver odor on Kate’s clothes

The English dog that is specially trained to detect the odor of cadavers found a trace of death on Kate McCann’s clothes, as well as on the soft toy that the mother of Madeleine has carried since the first hour, which she took to the Vatican and presents as one of the child’s favorite toys. The dog’s work has been recorded on video and can be presented as evidence by the Policia Judiciaria.

The dog was extremely nervous when he smelled a pair of jeans that was often used by Kate, and a shirt. These clues were collected in July – as CM could discover – at the same time that the animal detected the smell of death in the Ocean Club apartment where the child disappeared from.

A second dog that was used by the police, who specializes in finding biological residues like blood, sweat or saliva, also reinforced the signs of the first animal, as he detected what is presumed to be blood in the trunk of the car that was used by the McCanns – which was rented after the child’s disappearance, on May 3.

Meanwhile, CM knows that some of the tests that were performed on the collected residues are already in the investigators’ hands. The lab in Birmingham, England, has sent some elements, but not all the results are known yet. It is also not known when they started to arrive at the PJ, although several sources that were contacted by our newspaper guaranteed that only started happening this week.

The results’ arrival in Portimao may consolidate the investigators’ beliefs, which have been pointing for over two months at a scenario of the child’s death inside the apartment of Praia da Luz. The coming days will be decisive.

Obviously, I'm ahead of the investigation, but what will happen to all the money if Kate and Gerry are charged? Surely, it won't be used for their defense.

If it comes to that, I am sure there will be a massive public outcry, and maybe, just maybe, they will lose access, but I kind of doubt it.
I actually find it quite sad. I know there are two funds, the REWARD fund, and the CAMPAIGN fund. JK Rowling actually got reamed on a few boards for donating to the CF, when it was actually the RF she donated to, and IIRC it was a large amount. I can't help but wonder how much was donated to the CF, in the mistaken belief it was the RF. Anyway, if this comes to pass, I feel bad for everyone who donated to CF to help find Maddie, not to defend anyone who may have brought her to harm.

I still have a difficult time with the parent involvement, just because if it is them, there was a substantial amount of time between when they had to know something happened, and they could actually show some emotion about something happening. After all this time I have not yet seen one report saying, "Yeah, so and so was really acting weird, (or seemed stressed, or upset, or whatever)", not from the friends, or the staff who had some contact with them. I could buy it if it was premeditated, but it is hard for me to swallow if it was an accident, and they are both so cold they could pull it off. Maybe I am too sentimental...
Lanie

Somewhere back in one of these threads, I started a ruckus with a few people about the fact that these parents are scumbags.

-assuming they didn't do it, their vanity led to the killer being able to.
-once their daughter was missing, they were bragging about how fast they jogged up to the top of some monument nearby....Kate made it in 18 minutes. WGAF? Your daughter is gone and at best being molested by some perv....I wouldn't be able to eat, sleep, or walk without throwing up if that were my kid.
-they published their post-missing child itenerary as if it was a postcard home "we play with the children", "we take long walks together". OMG, I want to PUKE.

I hope these parents ROT. I hope they have suitable care for the other kids because it looks like it is coming down around their heads.

Cal

While the public outcry would be awful to hear, I do believe the fund may be used for the McCann's legal expenses. In the early days, there was a statement on the website about what the fund could be used for and it included living expenses and legal expenses. There was no clarification between "defense legal expenses" and other types of legal defenses. This was a question I had at the very beginning.... WHAT legal expenses? Why would you incur legal expenses looking for your missing daughter? After posting my questions and getting feedback from other sluethers, I was comfortable with the idea that there might be legal expenses related to the different legal systems between the two countries, costs for interpreters, costs for an attorney to explain the Portugese system, etc.

Salem

Good spot....maybe they can.....I hope they wouldn't.

Somewhere back in one of these threads, I started a ruckus with a few people about the fact that these parents are scumbags.

-once their daughter was missing, they were bragging about how fast they jogged up to the top of some monument nearby....Kate made it in 18 minutes. WGAF? Your daughter is gone and at best being molested by some perv....I wouldn't be able to eat, sleep, or walk without throwing up if that were my kid.
-they published their post-missing child itenerary as if it was a postcard home "we play with the children", "we take long walks together". OMG, I want to PUKE.

I hope these parents ROT. I hope they have suitable care for the other kids because it looks like it is coming down around their heads.

Cal

Tell us how you really feel Cal....:eek:

Just kidding....thanks for posting! You are not alone....

Cal

I hope I didn't come across as having warm and fuzzy feelings for the parents.:sick: Even if they had nothing to do with Maddie's disappearance other than that pesky little thing of leaving her unattended while they went out to play, their behavior disgusts me, and I don't say that lightly. Nothing I want to talk about, other than I have a long relationship with a lot of people who have not, do not, and probably never will again sleep well, and we are the ones who are actually functioning on a pretty high level.
Lanie

I hope I didn't come across as having warm and fuzzy feelings for the parents.:sick: Even if they had nothing to do with Maddie's disappearance other than that pesky little thing of leaving her unattended while they went out to play, their behavior disgusts me, and I don't say that lightly. Nothing I want to talk about, other than I have a long relationship with a lot of people who have not, do not, and probably never will again sleep well, and we are the ones who are actually functioning on a pretty high level.
Lanie

The vanity of these people......I just don't understand it.

How can anyone explain away bragging about how long it usually takes people to run a certain distance and then brag that you beat it. Then talk about your walks, shopping, playing with the children, having high $#$#@$# tea with other people....all while your daughter is MISSING.

I would be dead by now. No uncertainty about that...I would have died from exhaustion, starvation, etc. while I LOOKED FOR MY CHILD.

These damned people were on vacation after the abduction of their child.

Cal

Good morning, everyone. Looks like it's going to be a busy day.

The McCanns filed a lawsuit against Tal & Qual in Portugal last week and received the free services of a top Portuguese human rights lawyer. Now what do you suppose that the parents knew charges were coming down the pike in the not-too-distant future and obtained an attornedy specifically for being questioned? The lawsuit was just an excuse.

There's a lot of talk in the other forums about people demanding refunds from the FindMadeleine fund and how to go about it. They say if it's determined that Madeleine is dead and died at the hands of her parents, they committed fraud and lied about the purpose of the fund from the get-go, and contributors want reimbursement by paypal.

I'd like to see the McCanns try to lie their way out of this problem.

I personally think it's too soon to want their money back. No arrest have been made and those people gave their money knowing then what they know now... rumor and innuindo. In the end it will all come out in the wash though and then I too would demand a refund if these so called mom and pop are involved.

The vanity of these people......I just don't understand it.

How can anyone explain away bragging about how long it usually takes people to run a certain distance and then brag that you beat it. Then talk about your walks, shopping, playing with the children, having high $#$#@$# tea with other people....all while your daughter is MISSING.

I would be dead by now. No uncertainty about that...I would have died from exhaustion, starvation, etc. while I LOOKED FOR MY CHILD.

These damned people were on vacation after the abduction of their child.

Cal

I have felt for a long time that the McCanns are narcissistic sociopaths. The blogs the past couple of days have been Gerry M. laughing at the world, thinking he can get away with it.

Discussing their jogging, airport pick-ups, the twins going to the creche every day and the back-and-forth travels of the extended family just looked so insincere and shallow. It's been all about how much smarter he is than the rest of us.

I wonder if he's laughing now.

http://tinyurl.com/2p3rto

Another video, this one with the complete statement from Justine McGuiness.

I couldn't even listen to the whole thing. Justine McGuiness didn't bother me so much because she's being paid to do a job, but Kate McCann's so-called appeal to the kidnapper? What kidnapper? All I could think of is "lies, lies, lies!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savagegrace13