Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please tell me WHO THE HELL goes on vacay with a child missing for 14 months?????????????????????????????????? Wouldn't you be so dedicated to work and aid in helping to find your daughter? But, no, not the MC's they just go on and enjoy their lives.
This is just another smack in the face to Madeleine. And it's another way they are showing us they KNOW it's a waste of time to be searching for a missing Madeleine. Sadly, they are showing us unconciously that Maddie is no longer alive on this earth. :furious:

Oh sure they will Barnaby! The McCanns are LOADED now, they can afford the best nannies money can buy...as opposed to 1 year ago, when they couldn't even afford a baby listening service or a baby buggy.

But will they spend the money on a nanny IW? that is the question! I am quite sure that two doctors could have afforded a babysitter last year but chose to spend the money on booze instead so what will change? Oh & remember they don't like leaving them in the care of strangers except for all day long!

But it's all for the twins. Everything they do is for the twins.

"After all they've been through, they want to give the twins a decent break to try and enjoy time as a family."

ROFL! Did you say time as a family? ROFL!

Please tell me WHO THE HELL goes on vacay with a child missing for 14 months?????????????????????????????????? Wouldn't you be so dedicated to work and aid in helping to find your daughter? But, no, not the MC's they just go on and enjoy their lives.
This is just another smack in the face to Madeleine. And it's another way they are showing us they KNOW it's a waste of time to be searching for a missing Madeleine. Sadly, they are showing us unconciously that Maddie is no longer alive on this earth. :furious:

So agree the least of my notions would be a holiday but then I hear they are short of doctors in South America?????????????

It will be very interesting to see what type of "holiday" they will have, considering they are still required to clear any trips with the PJ. This announcement may backfire on them. I can already see some grumbling about how they could even consider a vacation when their baby girl may still be out there, somewhere.

If it was me, every last cent possible would be spent on trying to find my daughter. Period.

This latest news smells fishy to me....

I think the news is very fishy also, the holiday hasn't even been booked yet so why announce it now?

It will be very interesting to see what type of "holiday" they will have, considering they are still required to clear any trips with the PJ. This announcement may backfire on them. I can already see some grumbling about how they could even consider a vacation when their baby girl may still be out there, somewhere.

If it was me, every last cent possible would be spent on trying to find my daughter. Period.

This latest news smells fishy to me....

I agree and I also agree with Barnaby's post. Think about it.... Why the h*ll would you go on a "holiday" after you just refused to return to Portugal to help the police find your daughter? And CM saying the holiday certainly won't be to Portugal. In my mind, this just infuriates the masses, me included. How can you go on holiday and make such comments about the place where you lost your daughter:mad: Even if they are not going to Portugal, why would you say that?

Salem

I agree and I also agree with Barnaby's post. Think about it.... Why the h*ll would you go on a "holiday" after you just refused to return to Portugal to help the police find your daughter? And CM saying the holiday certainly won't be to Portugal. In my mind, this just infuriates the masses, me included. How can you go on holiday and make such comments about the place where you lost your daughter:mad: Even if they are not going to Portugal, why would you say that?

Salem

If I lost my daughter anywhere, God forbid, that would be the only place in the world that I would ever travel to, always going back, always looking!

Having lost a child, I do know that life has to go on - particularly when you have other children. Theoretically speaking (because I certainly don't think this fits the McCanns) it would be a tremendous disservice to the living children to go around in sackcloth and ashes until the end of time.

So, yes, I could see a family going on vacation - even after the disappearance of a child. It would be tremendously, hearbreakingly difficult and sad but, in some odd way, part of the process of carrying on.

Now, let's get to the McCanns. If they truly wanted to take Sean and Amelie for a holiday, so be it. Of course, I have sincere doubts about their kind of "family" holiday, given what we know about how easily they abandoned their children on the last "family" vacation. It really doesn't qualify as much of a family trip when you go out drinking and socializing every night, leaving your babies alone - especially when you've had them in the creche daycare all day!

I assume that if they go away again this year, the press will go too so, hopefully, the twins will be looked after properly.

All that said, I do find the statement about how they most certainly will not return to Portugal highly repugnant. Like others, you couldn't keep me away from the place where my three year old was last seen.

To arrogantly state that they're not going back to Portugal would suggest, in my mind at least, that the McCanns know it would be fruitless to go there because Madeleine is dead.

They understand there would be no chance of finding her because they know what really happened that night. The only thing waiting for them in Portugal is a possible arrest....and God knows, they don't want that.

Kate and Gerry would be better off to keep their mouths shut about some things. Thumbing their noses at Portugal and saying they wouldn't go back to the place where they last saw their child alive (and where she might still be, if you're to believe the abduction theory) is in bad taste, at the very least.

My grandfather had a sister who disappeared when she was fifteen years old. He was born in 1910, so this was a LOOOONG time ago and in a very rural part of West Virginia.

Not one trace of her ever showed up, after her disappearance. My grandfather lived until the year 2000 and I remember him telling me once when my kids were young - circa the late 80's - that he always looked for her in crowds - wondering if he'd recognize her face, wondering if he was looking at her in a group of people and didn't even know it, and wondering if her body was buried somewhere in those remote mountains of Tucker County, West Virginia. He searched newspaper records, hired private detectives through the years...even chased a few wild "leads" years ago.

I think that must be what's it like for people who really have someone they love disappear. A mindset that understands the improbability of ever finding the person...but a hope that never dies.

Gerry and Kate didn't seem to look much, even from the very beginning.

The article about the alledged vacation is dated April 8, 2008. These people can not really have been planning to go on vacation. It just can not be. No words to even discuss this. It can't be real.

mjak

If I lost my daughter anywhere, God forbid, that would be the only place in the world that I would ever travel to, always going back, always looking!

I can't tell you how much I agree with you here. I know they have to go home and work and do the everyday stuff. But every chance, with every spare cent, I would be going back. I would try to work it so that I could go for months at a time or figure out a way to move there and live so that I could be close and I could look, and look, and look and look until I found her.

Salem

I think most of us mothers feel the same way. EVERY "vacation" would be spent in the place where my child was last seen. I would never stop looking. Trust me, you'd be reading stories about the crazy lady who kept running her own investigation twenty years later...thirty...til the day I died.

:waitasec: I'm having trouble believing this. My favorite thing is that they want to give the twins a break, and they are going on vacation for the sake of the children. What do the twins need a break from? :rolleyes:

My experience with vacations is that children are stressed when they are away from their routines and familiar surroundings. Ahem - Are they going to give the twins a "break" from home so they can dump them in day care and then leave them alone all night? And let's hope the kids don't do anything foolish, such as cry or complain at breakfast. Isn't it even possible that these children might have some anxiety about travelling abroad, given what happened to their sister? :furious:

Hey McCanns - I know it's almost impossible, but please be honest for once and admit that you are the ones who want a "break" from scrutiny. This ain't about the children at all.

:waitasec: I'm having trouble believing this. My favorite thing is that they want to give the twins a break, and they are going on vacation for the sake of the children. What do the twins need a break from? :rolleyes:

My experience with vacations is that children are stressed when they are away from their routines and familiar surroundings. Ahem - Are they going to give the twins a "break" from home so they can dump them in day care and then leave them alone all night? And let's hope the kids don't do anything foolish, such as cry or complain at breakfast. Isn't it even possible that these children might have some anxiety about travelling abroad, given what happened to their sister? :furious:

Hey McCanns - I know it's almost impossible, but please be honest for once and admit that you are the ones who want a "break" from scrutiny. This ain't about the children at all.

AMEN!!! When has it EVER been about their children?? :liar:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1318077,00.html

Madeleine McCann's parents may consider a holiday for the sake of their other children - but a break in Portugal has been ruled out, their spokesman has said.

"One thing I can say is that it will not be Portugal," he said.
"It would just create a huge media bun fight, and they don't want to do that.

"If a trip is being considered, it is "not imminent", said Mr Mitchell.

Makes a difference when we get the complete comment!!

Exactly! :clap::clap::clap:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1318077,00.html

Madeleine McCann's parents may consider a holiday for the sake of their other children - but a break in Portugal has been ruled out, their spokesman has said.

"One thing I can say is that it will not be Portugal," he said.
"It would just create a huge media bun fight, and they don't want to do that.

"If a trip is being considered, it is "not imminent", said Mr Mitchell.

Makes a difference when we get the complete comment!!

And why is Clarence even announcing this? Why is it news that they are even considering a holiday? And why does it matter what the twins need?

For people that want to keep the focus on Madeleine, they sure do make a lot of announcements about themselves.

And why is Clarence even announcing this? Why is it news that they are even considering a holiday? And why does it matter what the twins need?

For people that want to keep the focus on Madeleine, they sure do make a lot of announcements about themselves.

It is so obvious that the only reason this is even in the "news" is so the McCanns can cut down Portugal. That's all it is...a chance to slam.

Madeleine McCann's parents may consider a holiday for the sake of their other children - but a break in Portugal has been ruled out, their spokesman has said

"If a trip is being considered, it is "not imminent", said Mr Mitchell

If they take a holiday my arse. Who on this earth tells the world about a maybe /if vacation?

This sounds like something my pre-teen nieces do to make their friends jealous:

"We might go to a party - but a party at Cindy Lou's has been ruled out.. If a party is concidered, we won't tell you when or where it is...so there you nasty little Cindy Lou...don't you feel bad now...poopy all over Cindy Lou...no body likes you!"

Oh McCanns, you are SO mature.

This just got me thinking...who do you supposed comes up with all the crappola Clarence Mitchell spews to the press? Most of us realize it's a childish mind game, but really, do they all sit in a room together and think "okay, what do we do next?", or do they copy other cases...Like this vacation thing...sounds a lot like the Aruba/Holloway case.

I really wonder who is the "master mind"? (rolling eyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan