Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we are all safe and mostly sound--I had one relative who fell off the roof trying to board up a window and smashed his ankle in five places, but he's an idiot, and so for him, that is probably minor compared to what he could do to himself in a hurricane. We lost a third of an oak tree, but it fell inward on itself and not on the house. I think we're going to have branches and tree limbs on curbs waiting for FEMA until hell freezes over, though. (My poor brother in law had a houseful of people who didn't have power--from my IL parents to all of his ex's relatives (!) and the idiot who fell off the roof.

I think it's going to be better in a couple of weeks but the first week back was 12 and 15 hour days. It's getting better.

We're just grateful to be getting back to some kind of normal.

Oh, and an article in the Houston Chronicle about cadaver dogs--and the database of the still missing, including children--

http://www.chron.com/

Thanks all of you for caring. :blowkiss:

Well, we are all safe and mostly sound--I had one relative who fell off the roof trying to board up a window and smashed his ankle in five places, but he's an idiot, and so for him, that is probably minor compared to what he could do to himself in a hurricane. We lost a third of an oak tree, but it fell inward on itself and not on the house. I think we're going to have branches and tree limbs on curbs waiting for FEMA until hell freezes over, though. (My poor brother in law had a houseful of people who didn't have power--from my IL parents to all of his ex's relatives (!) and the idiot who fell off the roof.

I think it's going to be better in a couple of weeks but the first week back was 12 and 15 hour days. It's getting better.

Oh, and an article in the Houston Chronicle about cadaver dogs--and the database of the still missing, including children--

I always gave to laugh when I read/hear comments like this. Especially coming from people living in coastal areas prone to catastrophic weather events. I live in the Mid-west, tornado ally to be exact, and I know the risks we take living here. We had 2 pretty severe storms this spring and lost many trees. A friend lost their home, and it took weeks to get the fields cleared to get ready for planting. There was not a single FEMA truck in the area. The community cleared the trees. Men. women and children worked together to get the job done. No one complained that the government wasn't doing their job. It was our job. Our trees, our farms, our responsibility. Give me a break.

The community cleared the trees. Men. women and children worked together to get the job done. No one complained that the government wasn't doing their job. It was our job. Our trees, our farms, our responsibility. Give me a break.
I'm sure you have more access to tractors and trucks to actually do something with the debris you cleared, too. The area hit by Ike was mostly urban and suburban, not farming and rural.
I don't know where Texana lives, but I live in Katy in Harris county and we were told by the County to pile it on the curb and wait for the County to pick it up. Don't be so quick to judge. :)

Glad that you are all safe & sound Texana, I cringed when I read about your relative smashing ankle in five places. God the pain!

Off to read the article now! Stay safe!

I always gave to laugh when I read/hear comments like this. Especially coming from people living in coastal areas prone to catastrophic weather events. I live in the Mid-west, tornado ally to be exact, and I know the risks we take living here. We had 2 pretty severe storms this spring and lost many trees. A friend lost their home, and it took weeks to get the fields cleared to get ready for planting. There was not a single FEMA truck in the area. The community cleared the trees. Men. women and children worked together to get the job done. No one complained that the government wasn't doing their job. It was our job. Our trees, our farms, our responsibility. Give me a break.

Who wants FEMA? Not us. The county trucks came around and picked up the bagged trash, which was pretty funny since the next day our regular trash guys came and picked up whatever was left--as usual. But they couldn't touch the big tree trunks and left that. I'm guessing they came back around today in the county trucks and picked the rest of the debris up.

And just for grins, who do you think cut, stacked, and piled all the massive tree debris on the curbs for pick up? It certainly wasn't FEMA or any government. Did you think we were sitting around waiting for that? I wouldn't have thought that worth mentioning. We don't brag about ourselves here.

FEMA is a joke and hell yes, I'll complain about it. We spend millions of tax dollars and it still takes them 36 hours to get trucks here with ice or water even for the first responders. It took a couple of businesses less than 8 hours to get trucks to the worst hit areas.

However, if it makes you feel good to laugh, go right ahead. The nice thing about a state as big as Texas is that we don't really give a damn about that.

Glad that you are all safe & sound Texana, I cringed when I read about your relative smashing ankle in five places. God the pain!

Off to read the article now! Stay safe!

I couldn't find the cadaver dog article, I hope you could. They were mostly volunteers coming out to help search. You can see how difficult it would be to find a body though after a certain amount of time.

What kind of idiot jumps down from a roof? (Answer: Mr. Texana's relative.) There was a worse injury though, a guy nearer to us had a tree fall on his garage. He went out at the height of the storm to investigate (what was he thinking?) and another tree fell on him, although he managed to push his wife out of the way. He's paralyzed now from the waist down. I think Mr. Texana's relative is awfully lucky all things considered.

I couldn't find the cadaver dog article, I hope you could. They were mostly volunteers coming out to help search. You can see how difficult it would be to find a body though after a certain amount of time.

What kind of idiot jumps down from a roof? (Answer: Mr. Texana's relative.) There was a worse injury though, a guy nearer to us had a tree fall on his garage. He went out at the height of the storm to investigate (what was he thinking?) and another tree fell on him, although he managed to push his wife out of the way. He's paralyzed now from the waist down. I think Mr. Texana's relative is awfully lucky all things considered.

OMG...a garage for your ability to walk? I don't think so...

I'm sure you have more access to tractors and trucks to actually do something with the debris you cleared, too. The area hit by Ike was mostly urban and suburban, not farming and rural.
I don't know where Texana lives, but I live in Katy in Harris county and we were told by the County to pile it on the curb and wait for the County to pick it up. Don't be so quick to judge. :)

Pretty close to you, Mende, just a bit farther over near Richmond, in Fort Bend County. We live right between Sugar Land and Katy. We live right on the edge of rural. It was just ridiculous that the county was picking up bagged trash first with this big truck and this little mini-bulldozer. Scooping up the bagged trash and leaving behind all the big heavy pieces to just sit--Government waste in action. Total waste of manpower and equipment! A mini bulldozer to pick up bags!

My parents farther out by the county fair grounds had zero damage, no trees, no power lost, etc. They're actually closer to the coast but farther still on the west side.

I couldn't find it either Texana!

OMG! That poor man, if only he had stayed inside! To heck with bricks & mortar people are more important!

I couldn't find it either Texana!

OMG! That poor man, if only he had stayed inside! To heck with bricks & mortar people are more important!

I looked for the cadaver dog article again and couldn't find it. I think the main point was that volunteer's multi-breed dogs can find the remains of people fairly easily...what could a trained dog bred for generations do?

The thing that worried me about the going outside thing...Mr. Texana actually thought it was somewhat reasonable! Men!

OT- I read that there were quite a few fatalities from falling trees due to Ike.

I don't know about y'all, but this case is so depressing. Seventeen months since Madeleine disappeared and it seems it's no closer to being solved.

At least with the Caylee Anthony case, LE is convening a grand jury to see about charging the tot mom-ster with murder.

I don't know about y'all, but this case is so depressing. Seventeen months since Madeleine disappeared and it seems it's no closer to being solved...

REPLY: The case has been solved, and a book about it has now been published, 'The Truth about A Lie', by former Madeleine McCann senior investigating officer for the Portuguese police, Goncalo Amaral.

He is certain that Madeleine McCann died in Apartment 5A in Praia da Luz, some time on 3rd May, and that the parents, together with some friends, covered it up. He says the most likely cause of her death is that she suffered an accident.

The reason his 'solution' has not been put to the courts is simply because of relentless pressure from the highest levels of the British government to make sure the McCanns were never charged.

Another false abduction claim which turns out to have been an intra-family death:

Baby Grace
Baby in the attic
Caylee Anthony
Antoine B (French case)
Madeleine McCann.

All cases - in the last 12 months alone - where the parents claimed an abductor stole their infant from their house*, but later the child turned out to have died in the family's house.

----

* Except Antoine B, where the mother and her partner claimed that Antoine had picked up a small rucksack, filled it with biscuits, and wandered off while they were eating out at a nearby restaurant. They're inventive, if nothing else

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I guess I should've phrased this better- it depresses me that Madeleine's body hasn't been found. But otherwise, Tony, I completely agree. Had these people not been well-connected doctors with some very mysterious political and financial backing, they would've been charged months ago.

I agree Tony, I think we all know what happened, not exactly how it all happened and that there has been some very high level covering up. I wish someone would stand up publicly, ask pertinent questions & demand answers.

I agree, this family are cocking a snook at justice. They always seem insufferably smug, probably because they know they are above the law:mad:

But Cali - I agree with you also, it is depressing and frustrating because Maddie has not been found and there is no justice for her.

I hope all involved have to deal with a healthy dose of conscience every night when they go to bed and every morning when they rise.

Salem

But Cali - I agree with you also, it is depressing and frustrating because Maddie has not been found and there is no justice for her.

I hope all involved have to deal with a healthy dose of conscience every night when they go to bed and every morning when they rise.

Salem

Sadly, I don't think they do. I think they really feel they did only what anyone else would do, and they go to bed with the same justifications that allowed them to leave her alone in the first place. :mad:

Here's a quote:

"We are also using this period to get advice to maximise our effectiveness and efficiency in our overall strategy going forward."

Eh? :confused:

Here's a quote:

"We are also using this period to get advice to maximise our effectiveness and efficiency in our overall strategy going forward."

Eh? :confused:

That's Gerry's way of saying they're sitting back twiddling their thumbs and hoping the whole "Maddie Problem" quietly goes away.

They have their jobs, their house, their friends, their two remaining children and are quite happy, thank you. Maybe a bit blue sometimes, considering that the investigation didn't die off as quickly as they'd hoped, but in the general scheme of things, everything worked out quite nicely.

Except for Madeleine, tossed in some nasty dark hole or wherever. It's a pity but life goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameshoots