Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She said: “He came to Portugal with a German girl. He said they grew up in a children’s home together. She left him for someone else. He said to me once that if he ever found her he would kill her.

“It made me think, if he said that about her, what would he do to me if I left him?’
Madeleine McCann suspect's ex-girlfriend says police must find secret third car

Makes me think it was him that wrote the graffiti on the wall at the box factory. Never really got over this chick or what she did to him, even though they were very young. The first cut is the deepest, eh?

No developments on MM's disappearance...

I keep thinking Christian Brückner isn't clever enough to commit such an ingeniously planned abduction. All his known crimes are disastrous.

I admit he could have been there, but he was just an accomplice, mere manpower, never a gang-leader, not even in dreams.

Last edited:
@photographer4
Note the white circle I've added to the 'dog' on the sofa (screen left). This no longer appears to be a dog to me when I lighten it up in the most basic photo edit (increase exposure, reduce contrast).

I think my post got lost yesterday in all the dog excitement - but when I looked at first I thought it was a dog but then saw that it's one of 2 dark coloured square scatter cushions leaning against the back of the sofa/bed.

Also as far as we have read, there is no suggestion CB had a dog in Portugal - only whilst in Germany.

Yeah, I'm still not convinced that there is a dog on the sofa. I know others have said it likely is, and stated why they think so.... I kinda see it, maybe? But not convinced. More inclined to think its a throw pillow or something.

An ex about his life in PDL:

" “He liked taking me to the beach. He didn’t like the town beach in Lagos. It would always be the West coast beaches, the isolated ones.
“He liked those because he didn’t like lots of crowds, that’s what he said. He didn’t like all the tourists in the summer."

“He said he had two Portuguese girlfriends before me and they both cleaned his house even though they never lived there."

“He used to hang around with a girl from the hippy village, Barao de Sao Joao [in Lagos], who sold flowers. "

" “I found messages in German from someone called ‘B’ saying ‘Ich liebe dich’ - I love you. “It was a German number, and obviously he had been going back and forth to Germany, so I put two and two together. “I confronted him about those and he went crazy, completely crazy. We had a huge fight.”"

"“I found a pair of knickers that weren’t mine and I got really, really upset about that,” she said. “I confronted him about it at his place and again he went totally crazy."

"She told how Brueckner had a string of ‘relationships’ with older women. “There was one lady he used to take out to dinner sometimes, she was a bit older, and he said it was just for company,” she said. “There was another lady, she was much older and I think there may have been something going on between them. “He used to walk her dog and clean her apartment - at least that’s what he told me - and she gave him money for that. “She lived in the centre of town. He took me to her house a couple of times, to see her dog."

“He used to go to people’s houses a lot, saying he was going to visit this person and that person."

" “At the end of the day I never found out who the other underwear belonged to, or who ‘B’ was. "

“A friend of mine said to me she wondered if he was some sort of gigolo, doing things for money with older women."
Madeleine McCann suspect broke into barmaid's flat through window

I keep think CB isn't clever enough to commit such an ingeniously planned abduction. All his known crimes are disastrous.

I admit he could have been, but he was just an accomplice, mere manpower, never a gang-leader, not even in dreams.

I’m starting to fear you could be right, Mendel. If he was put into a home as a teen I’d imagine there’s some sort of arrested development there, and he couldn’t possibly have the brainpower to pull off something like this alone. Street smart, yes very. The braun of an operation, definitely. But no mastermind.

I keep think CB isn't clever enough to commit such an ingeniously planned abduction. All his known crimes are disastrous.

I admit he could have been, but he was just an accomplice, mere manpower, never a gang-leader, not even in dreams.

This is what I have been thinking, too. And also, to be honest, he doesn't have a profile of a serial killer.
I think he was taking the children to order.
But it seems his personality would change when he drinks.
He seems massively jelous of his girlfriends and gets angry when confronted.
I wonder if he raped the old lady out of anger at her - meaning he was friends with several other old ladies, maybe he heard something about her. Hmmm.. Maybe he was friends with Mrs Fenn, too?

His friendships with older ladies in PDL need to be investigated.

View attachment 254908

It’s either a square dog or 2 brown scatter cushions imo

It's a big brown/black dog, looking like a Rottweiler or kind of crossbreed, on a blue blanket!

I even assume by now, the L.E. pictures were darkened down or the quality of the footage is that kind of low, like it was recorded on anlaog tapes....

Attachments

• IMG_3779.jpg
    IMG_3779.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
This is what I have been thinking, too. And also, to be honest, he doesn't have a profile of a serious killer.
I wonder if he raped the old lady out of anger at her - meaning he was friends with several other old ladies, maybe he heard something about her. Hmmm.. Maybe he was friends with Mrs Fenn, too?

Hmmm - I do think he fits the profile of a killer. Not all paedophiles kidnap or kill, but CB seems a pretty sadistic, psychopathic, narcissist imo.
There's no such thing as a "serious" killer. Sometimes it's something that has to be done once the sexual fantasy has been fulfilled, or is a result of the effects of a sexual fantasy.
He would have only have been friends with other old ladies to serve his own needs imo.

But was it really that ingeniously planned? Watch a family with a very set routine in an appt on a roadside. Maybe get keys from a mate but note the patio door was always open. Break in grab a small child and run for it. I don't think sedatives were used as she'd probably have been tired out. I think KM said the twins didn't wake up even when moved to another flat that night Sadly it's a story that happens all too often.

I am phased by the crying the night before.

I not sure the kids were checked as often as claimed.

This is what I have been thinking, too. And also, to be honest, he doesn't have a profile of a serial killer.

His friendships with older ladies in PDL need to be investigated.

CB was perhaps a Gigolo. That doesn't make him a mastermind abductor who can jink PJ, SY and BKA.

On sofa, Ted? It can't be a dog. We can almost clearly see sofa's fold and a dog have to be rightward, on top of cushions and I think there's nothing there.

Sorry (!!!), but either you are blind or never owned a dog!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200708-215332_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-215332_Samsung Internet.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20200708-220724_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-220724_Samsung Internet.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 61
Hmmm - I do think he fits the profile of a killer. Not all paedophiles kidnap or kill, but CB seems a pretty sadistic, psychopathic, narcissist imo.
There's no such thing as a "serious" killer. Sometimes it's something that has to be done once the sexual fantasy has been fulfilled, or is a result of the effects of a sexual fantasy.
He would have only have been friends with other old ladies to serve his own needs imo.
Sorry I mean serial haha. I corrected that not sure how it appeared

CB was perhaps a Gigolo. That doesn't make him a mastermind abductor who can jink PJ, SY and BKA.

Not all killers have to be smart and most aren't - most are of lower intelligence and have usually had a string of convictions.

I mean Fred West? Thick as 2 short planks - murdered 12.

Roy Whiting - No acedemic qualifications killed Sarah Payne

I could go on.....

But was it really that ingeniously planned? Watch a family with a very set routine in an appt on a roadside. Maybe get keys from a mate but note the patio door was always open. Break in grab a small child and run for it. I don't think sedatives were used as she'd probably have been tired out. I think KM said the twins didn't wake up even when moved to another flat that night Sadly it's a story that happens all too often.

I am phased by the crying the night before.

I not sure the kids were checked as often as claimed.
i agree, i kind of think there was an element of luck on his part tbh, for example, a popular holiday resort but no one walked by or saw him in those few crucial moments he walked out with her, the fact Madeleine didn't scream or cry which might have alerted people to him, then there's the fact the crime scene wasn't sealed off so any evidence he had potentially left behind could have been contaminated or destroyed, and finally, the PJ suspecting and focusing on the parents... he had a touch when you think about it; luck was definitely on his side IMO

I'm sure we don't know who he went with,if you have a name or have read she was from a children's home, can you post a link please. It wouldn't have been NM because she was too young.

I've wondered if it was NF and whether her background inspired her choice of work, her enduring connection and loyalty to CB and perhaps drug use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper