Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he didn’t “jink” them? A few quid in the right person’s hand could be enough for them to turn a blind eye?
I had read something earlier where a British expat described PdL as a “sleepy town. A haven away from all this (crime)” Just considering CB’s theft crimes alone, it doesn’t sound like much of a haven to me. And that’s saying nothing of the rapes, the paedophilia... And he was just one of many thieves/rapists (if he really wasn’t responsible for HB’s rape, then that means there was another rapist on the loose)/paedophiles in the town at that time. And this woman really heard nothing about all that?? So it wasn’t being reported in the papers? Why? Was it because the crimes weren’t being investigated? If so, why?

Threat to tourism?

After his robberies he just had to run away from spot fast. I'm sure he felt safe enough 1km or less from place. After an abduction, I'm sure one must have a safe destination to reach in less than 30min. Not exactly the same thing. This discussion leads to nowhere.
I'm totally lost with what point you are trying to make here Mendel. Burglars don't run from a scene unless they've been spotted. In all likelihood he casually walked his stolen goods to a nearby vehicle and drove away. Don't see why the same couldn't apply to a child.

He would put them on victim so they could not see him I read somewhere
IMO this CB has some kind of water thing going on, so couple times I read about swimming goggles the Irish girl said he was wearing a leotard or was it a swimsuit ? swimsuits found in the camper van, how many of the missing or dead linked to CB was taken or found near beach or water, Am I right in saying that he had a job doing something with swimming pools ? and boasted of wearing goggles during a break-in ! just thinking :confused:

PDL survives on tourism and I'm sure that over the years many (minor) crimes were ignored.
The trouble is when turning a blind eye to minor crimes the crimes then escalate.
You then get a snowball effect in the area the paedo's move in, the rapists, the drug dealers and then coupled with pretty incompetent LE before long something big happens - and it did.

Last edited:
If you think so, I'm helpless DLK. I said he can't be profiled as a mastermind to commit such a perfect crime. At most he was just workmanship there. He's a great disaster. Even the couple from Foral when questioned if he was clever, they said yes because he could build a wall and he had to think to build it.

Makes me think it was him that wrote the graffiti on the wall at the box factory. Never really got over this chick or what she did to him, even though they were very young. The first cut is the deepest, eh?
Sorry I just posted the same thoughts, then read your post! I really do need to take some time off work so I can keep up! o_O

Threat to tourism?

Exactly, Ted. Tourists are usually “fair game” for theft in small tourist towns like this. They’ll be leaving soon enough, so chances of them actually keeping the pressure on the local LE to investigate crimes properly are slim to none. They’ll just want to get home and forget about their loss. And LE will forget all about it as soon as they leave. And they won’t want to publicise crime too much, or tourists will stop coming.
No real need to throw someone a few quid to turn a blind eye, PdL LE were probably happy enough to do it anyway. Less paperwork that will never actually go to court anyway so what’s the point?

IMO this CB has some kind of water thing going on, so couple times I read about swimming goggles the Irish girl said he was wearing a leotard or was it a swimsuit ? swimsuits found in the camper van, how many of the missing or dead linked to CB was taken or found near beach or water, Am I right in saying that he had a job doing something with swimming pools ? and boasted of wearing goggles during a break-in ! just thinking :confused:

They were blackened out scuba goggles - I guess they were used as a blindfold.

Yeah, I'm still not convinced that there is a dog on the sofa. I know others have said it likely is, and stated why they think so.... I kinda see it, maybe? But not convinced. More inclined to think its a throw pillow or something.
I think we’re all so hungry for info it’s getting easier to see things that might not be there - it’s like passing time making meaningful shapes out of cloud formations!!

If you think so, I'm helpless DLK. I said he can't be profiled as a mastermind to commit such a perfect crime. At most he was just workmanship there. He's a great disaster. Even the couple from Foral when questioned if he was clever, they said yes because he could build a wall and he had to think to build it.
But he was described as intelligent and eloquent and quotting many times from the Law books while being questioned in court in Germany - during his trial.

But he was described as intelligent and eloquent and quotting many times from the Law books while being questioned in court in Germany.

People are courteous to him. To me he's too DUMB to commit a perfect crime as I said before. He's not stupid. Just too dumb.

This is what I have been thinking, too. And also, to be honest, he doesn't have a profile of a serial killer.
I think he was taking the children to order.
But it seems his personality would change when he drinks.
He seems massively jelous of his girlfriends and gets angry when confronted.
I wonder if he raped the old lady out of anger at her - meaning he was friends with several other old ladies, maybe he heard something about her. Hmmm.. Maybe he was friends with Mrs Fenn, too?

His friendships with older ladies in PDL need to be investigated.

BBM. Agree

But was it really that ingeniously planned? Watch a family with a very set routine in an appt on a roadside. Maybe get keys from a mate but note the patio door was always open. Break in grab a small child and run for it. I don't think sedatives were used as she'd probably have been tired out. I think KM said the twins didn't wake up even when moved to another flat that night Sadly it's a story that happens all too often.

I am phased by the crying the night before.

I not sure the kids were checked as often as claimed.
Agree it seems a straightforward plan, I guess not all killers need to be like Dexter to get away with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow