Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think it must have been a different Christian. The name is spelled differently, too.
Then this must be a different Sergey in the PJ files. His name is also spelled differently:
V4qISo1.jpg

Why is it damning that his phone connected to that mast?

He lived in the area
At the time he was said to be living in the VW camper. He was last seen at his address in PDL early 2006

I'm not a phone mast expert but this is how it has been reported, if they couldn't tie him to that exact area at that time they would not have released that information and be appealing for help in finding the other phone number.

As i understand it the mast evidence places him in PDL

But that is not 'at the scene' and given he lived locally I am not sure how on it's own this is damning.

But that is not 'at the scene' and given he lived locally I am not sure how on it's own this is damning.

Again, he wasn't living locally at the time, unless you call the BSJ and the Foral area local? This would of course put more weight on the reason why CB's phone did ping in PDL when he wasn't known to be living in the area at the time.

Last edited:

I agree. As I understand it, both phones were on the Vodaphone network. The mast for this network in PDL is on R. da 25 Abril, 400-500 metres from the OC. So if it was CB who took the call, it only means he was in the area - that’s not a crime.

Agreed.

And we dont know where he was in relation to the mast.

You need to remember that he was questioned by German LE in 2013 about MM after his name was put forward following a TV appeal.

Obviously we don't know what he said but he would certainly have been asked where he was on the night of the abduction. Given he was not pursued any further, I would suggest he gave an alibi that placed him away from the area. In that regard, the phone ping could then be damning.

Also, HCW made comments about CB potentially "changing his story", does he mean the "story" he told back in 2013.... JMO.

Maybe crossed paths at her workplace?
Wouldn't be too far fetched, Imo. Someone posted that kids were banning, on her door, she worked with kids, didn't she? It was discussed before..
CB is a pedophile..maybe that's why he got his eye on her?

Agreed. On a recent TV program (sorry I forget which) there were photos of the mast, so maybe we can try to sleuth it's its exact location?

Then this must be a different Sergey in the PJ files. His name is also spelled differently:
V4qISo1.jpg
I think maybe in translation, or genuine human error.
I'd read through some statements recently, can't believe I missed a name of christian and a Julia.
I looked at the index, and didn't see either of the names, it is a big coincidence though, was someone not investigated about the *advertiser censored*, but then again it's Portugal, so prob not, and yes if that christian hasn't been looked into, then it should be

Wouldn't be too far fetched, Imo. Someone posted that kids were banning, on her door, she worked with kids, didn't she? It was discussed before..
CB is a pedophile..maybe that's why he got his eye on her?
The apartment was perfectly located for a burglar. Easy to access window, nothing overlooking it.

IMO, CB robbed the apartment several weeks prior and found documentation with HB's name, possibly with her photo, and decided to go back there later to carry out the attack.

HB mentioned that she believed someone had been in her apartment before the rape incident.

"In another twist, she believes her attacker had been in her room in the weeks leading up to the horror as money had vanished and objects were moved around."

Irish woman abducted, gagged and raped in Algarve by masked German man fears it was Madeleine McCann suspect

ETA: Could this even be an MO of CB? He breaks into an apartment and if he feels something better is on offer, doesn't take much and instead plans to come back for a sexual purpose. JMO but could CB have done the same with 72yr old? That whole thing seem pretty well planned and he knew exactly how to get in. Even with MM, could the crying incident have been instigated by CB breaking in there a couple of days before? Just an idea. MOO.

Last edited:
I'm not a phone mast expert but this is how it has been reported, if they couldn't tie him to that exact area at that time they would not have released that information and be appealing for help in finding the other phone number.

This is the best tie they can have, about 4Km (2.5 miles). They either used that or not. Not possible to determine exact location.

Last edited:

It is German LE that are placing great significance on this call, are suggesting it puts his phone in the area and are keen to speak to whomever it was that that phone called.

I assume they have reasons for this gleaned from use of people with expertise on phone masts, coupled with whatever other pings they may have locating his movements. Even 2.5 miles error is significant given the time of the call and how easily he could get to the crime scene in time.

My friend recently did jury service on a stolen treasure trial in the UK. Most of the case against the defendants was based on phone pings placing them at certain locations with a degree of accuracy that allowed a guilty verdict.

It is German LE that are placing great significance on this call, are suggesting it puts his phone in the area and are keen to speak to whomever it was that that phone called.

I assume they have reasons for this gleaned from use of people with expertise on phone masts, coupled with whatever other pings they may have locating his movements. Even 2.5 miles error is significant given the time of the call and how easily he could get to the crime scene in time.

My friend recently did jury service on a stolen treasure trial in the UK. Most of the case against the defendants was based on phone pings placing them at certain locations with a degree of accuracy that allowed a guilty verdict.

So if you're concerned about German LE and the phone data it's them you need to take it up with.

There's a problem here compared to the case you mention perhaps. Data here is 13YO and back to 2007. There's a detailed log from PDL mast's for May 3-4, 2007 I think. It may be really hard to recover additional data after 13Y due to data protection. If those 2 numbers were deemed suspect at the time, they could obtain their full history (both SIM and IMEI) and loading data (either bank account or store location with possible witnesses). Unfortunately those numbers weren't considered suspect at the time within the sea of calls they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member