Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! The person says, in his opinion the new appeal seems to be lawful, but chances only 50/50. IMO the new appeal is unlawful but i'm still waiting for the opinion of my colleague.

You are welcome. ;)

My sense of law tells me that the application tends to be rejected. However, I am not familiar with German criminal law; nor do I know the exact criteria for a release test. Could the authorities withdraw his identity documents if he is released from prison? Especially in view of the fact that the punishment for rape could become final? The competent court in Kiel may wait for a decision until the European Court of Justice has ruled on the revision. I'm curious.

Crikey... The constant moving back and forth across borders, vehicle changes, and checkered criminal history, topped off with strange burials of pets, children's clothing and CP stashes was all pretty unsettling to begin with, where this guy is concerned.

Until now, I sensed there was something dark about CB but didn't believe it would get to this. At least, I'd hoped it wouldn't get any more sinister. The discreet cellars in isolated locations, the proximity of locations to more than one missing child or unresolved cases, and accumulating comments from people he encountered about his peculiar behaviour are all really starting to paint a rather grim picture indeed.

As many have said on here already, I cannot imagine the German LE would allow this to play out so openly unless they had something serious on this guy (and perhaps others), and the unravelling may well be a deliberate strategy to get him or others to finally talk. I hope we see resolution soon, this must be so difficult and painful for those close to the affected cases.

Really hope this all comes to a head sooner rather than later. For everyone here who has been involved in this case from the beginning, I'm not asking you to speculate, but does this feel different to moments in the past when there were major developments that died down? Surely naming the suspect and having this downfall played out in the press is an encouraging sign more than anything?

This is exactly what I keep saying when people ask me my opinion. I hope I’m not wrong, but it feels very different this time.

Don't know.
TY Boxer. So the way I read this he was altering the roof of a VW LT van? Could this be referring to the van photographed at Praia dos Barrancos and at Malaga port? Or is it a different van?
“He was always cutting the roof, raising it and then lowering it. He came and went here.

Neighbours of Christian B at an allotment searched by forensics this week said he lived in the VW LT camper van in 2006 and 2007.

Madeleine McCann news: Second plot owned by Christian B emerges in hunt for girl

Portuguese police unwittingly destroyed Christian Brueckner’s van before it could be searched

4 Vans.
Blue Bedford - impounded in Portugal 11/2007 CB Never reclaimed.
Mercedes Sprinter. Used at second allotment that he left in 2006-7
Yellow VW Poptop - 2007 was seen at the allotment currently being searched allotment.

Alegro ? -- have to look more for this van.

"VW Camer van
Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B repeatedly modified his distinctive VW camper van, according to a report.

Dein Ghafou, who owned a garage complex in Hanover, Germany, used by Christian B, told how he was visited by police investigating Madeleine’s disappearance.

“I told them he had been working on a Volkswagen Camper here and he would lift the roof up and then make it smaller again," he told the Mirror.

“He was always cutting the roof, raising it and then lowering it. He came and went here.

Neighbours of Christian B at an allotment searched by forensics this week said he lived in the VW LT camper van in 2006 and 2007."

Cellar dimensions in this article.
2 meters square x 1.5 deep.
Secret cellar used by Madeleine McCann suspect found by police

Last edited:
So you think he must have been in contact with a human corpse before he took MM and then spread the cadaver onto the exact rental car that the MC's hired weeks later?

No, I don’t think so because both dogs alerted to the hire car and the hire car key. That means Eddie was just alerting to human blood, not cadaver smell in the hire car. Like I said, trace human blood can be found anywhere and doesn’t mean a body was there. It’s likely bad luck that the McCann’s had trace blood in their car.

ETA - I do think it’s highly possible the perp had contact or residue of human remains on his clothing/gloves/shoes. And those trace smells got onto the McCann’s items in the apartment. Of particular note is Cuddle Cat, which Madeleine had with her in bed. Eddie the cadaver dog alerted to Cuddle Cat but Keela the blood dog did not. I think the perp touched Cuddle Cat. IMO

Last edited:
Don't know,

Portuguese police unwittingly destroyed Christian Brueckner’s van before it could be searched

4 Vans.
Yellow VW Poptop - 2007 was seen at the allotment currently being searched allotment.

"VW Camer van
Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B repeatedly modified his distinctive VW camper van, according to a report.

Dein Ghafou, who owned a garage complex in Hanover, Germany, used by Christian B, told how he was visited by police investigating Madeleine’s disappearance.

“I told them he had been working on a Volkswagen Camper here and he would lift the roof up and then make it smaller again," he told the Mirror.

Neighbours of Christian B at an allotment searched by forensics this week said he lived in the VW LT camper van in 2006 and 2007."

Hey Boxer, just to clarify, the Merc Sprinter was in his possession between 2013-2016. This is when the owner of the Braunschweig allotment mentions he was there with it anyway.
(And just to add for consistency, IG abducted in 2015; dark coloured Sprinter seen leaving the scene).

Maddie cops prepare to raid suspect's 2nd allotment hiding ANOTHER cellar

Don't know,

4 Vans.

"VW Camer van

I imagine he would have tinkered with the concertina roof on the westfalia - raising it and lowering it.

Don't know,

4 Vans.

"VW Camer van

I wonder was this to repair the canopy-type thing around the rising roof?
Then again, does anyone remember the ex-girlfriend saying he took the roof off the camper and filled it with water?
Strange dude.

Crikey... The constant moving back and forth across borders, vehicle changes, and checkered criminal history, topped off with strange burials of pets, children's clothing and CP stashes was all pretty unsettling to begin with, where this guy is concerned.

Until now, I sensed there was something dark about CB but didn't believe it would get to this. At least, I'd hoped it wouldn't get any more sinister. The discreet cellars in isolated locations, the proximity of locations to more than one missing child or unresolved cases, and accumulating comments from people he encountered about his peculiar behaviour are all really starting to paint a rather grim picture indeed.

As many have said on here already, I cannot imagine the German LE would allow this to play out so openly unless they had something serious on this guy (and perhaps others), and the unravelling may well be a deliberate strategy to get him or others to finally talk. I hope we see resolution soon, this must be so difficult and painful for those close to the affected cases.

Really hope this all comes to a head sooner rather than later. For everyone here who has been involved in this case from the beginning, I'm not asking you to speculate, but does this feel different to moments in the past when there were major developments that died down? Surely naming the suspect and having this downfall played out in the press is an encouraging sign more than anything?
I haven't been involved from the beginning other than hearing the news stories at the time but this is starting to feel very different to what I'd originally thought.

He seems to be abnormally obsessed with cellars and burying things.

I haven't been involved from the beginning other than hearing the news stories at the time but this is starting to feel very different to what I'd originally thought.

He seems to be abnormally obsessed with cellars and burying things.

Ah, but he also kept his stolen “stash” in the roof space, as per MT. This is where the “two German friends” that cleared him out were directed to find everything.

Dude seriously has zero MO that I can follow.

Hey Boxer, just to clarify, the Merc Sprinter was in his possession between 2013-2016. This is when the owner of the Braunschweig allotment mentions he was there with it anyway.
(And just to add for consistency, IG abducted in 2015; dark coloured Sprinter seen leaving the scene).

Maddie cops prepare to raid suspect's 2nd allotment hiding ANOTHER cellar
@Boxer
The Allegro is the Winnebago, Tiffin, Motorhome, sometimes also called a trailer, caravan or even camper van, basically it's as big as a bus, and you can easily live in it. Was seen in Foral, Orgiva and Augsburg and possibly Hanover. Its said to be the vehicle that LE confiscated while police looking for IG. Media reports of this confiscation have also stated the same , caravan, campervan, Allegro, Winnebago, motorhome ect to add to the confusion.
It first turned up on the timeline Mar/Apr 2007 in Foral

Last edited:
@Mandalas - just so I understand your 'does this feel different to moments in the past?' query, are you asking that specifically about the investigation/s over the years into the disappearance of MM?

If so, I'm still not sure. I say that because my impression, from what the German investigators have officially said, is that nailing CB for crimes he's committed remains their primary focus, rather than nailing him specifically for MM's disappearance. But jmo.

But I really do hope their investigation leads to evidence that links him conclusively to past crimes that will keep him locked up for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
IMO the dogs barking at cellar site is purely excitement. They know they are going to work, and can get hyped up when going to work. Not necessarily an indicator of a find.

Special trained dogs (forensics, blind people, security e.g.) do NOT use to bark by mood, cause they are trained like robots! They may be excited, but won't do the signal of success!!!!

I understand, that we assume a lot. I do that too. Because the people in charge keep quiet and media uses to get headlines.

HCW said three or four weeks ago, that L.E. need at least two months to make a decision. And they never made a doubt of it, that investigation could end into lack of evidence to charge someone at a court. Even from the beginning!!!

Just keep a little bit patient! The investigation that has been made since two or three years isn't finished!

L.E. is playing with the media as a strategy, right. Lawyer does that too, because in THIS case, his hands are tied until CB has been interrogated as a suspect.

Last edited:
The Allegro is the Winnebago, Tiffin, Motorhome, sometimes called a trailer, caravan or even camper van, basically it's as big as a bus, and you can easily live in it. Was seen in Foral, Orgiva and Augsburg and possibly Hanover. Its said to be the vehicle that LE confiscated while police looking for IG. Media reports of this confiscation have also stated the same , caravan, campervan, Allegro, Winnebago, motorhome ect to add to the confusion.
It first turned up on the timeline Mar/Apr 2007 in Foral

I know what an Allegro is, cheers :) I was talking about the Mercedes Sprinter that the owner of the Braunschweig allotment said he had while he stayed there between 2013-2016, as per the article I linked. I then added the bit about IG, because it’s been reported since CB came on the scene that a “dark coloured Mercedes Sprinter“ was seen leaving the forest she went missing from, in 2015. Which is within the timeframe he was said to have the Sprinter, at the Braunschweig allotment :)
All we know is that he didn’t have it anymore when he left in 2016... :)

ETA - thanks for editing your post to direct to who you meant it for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe