Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bar confession was in Hannover, wonder if that’s significant?

Also, what’s with all the peeps taking pics of the skip being taken away. I don’t think there’s anything of forensic value in there!

Madeleine McCann investigators resume digging at German allotment | Daily Mail Online

It could be. Whoever he confessed to doesn’t appear, after all, to be the one who shopped him to the police - could be this guy is in a German prison - might be the guy who was in the prison van as informant JMO.

All they need is a pic/video of surroundings in an incriminating instance to link him to having her, evidence (phonecall) he was in area of disappearance. I'm confident that German LE are miles ahead of what they are releasing. I hope there will be closure for MM family, and answers also for many other families given how sadistic and twisted he obviously is

All they need is a pic/video of surroundings in an incriminating instance to link him to having her, evidence (phonecall) he was in area of disappearance. I'm confident that German LE are miles ahead of what they are releasing. I hope there will be closure for MM family, and answers also for many other families given how sadistic and twisted he obviously is
Agree. The fact that Hannover wasn’t on our radar tells us how little we know

IMO Germany LE have gone right back to the beginning to trace CBs movements, and this latest development is why there was so much publicity for info in Germany as they knew that’s where he’d gone soon afterwards

Thank you so much Lobyloo. Starting to think I was going insane with this case. Are you able to link the original articles? I remember there being several at the time about this.
Pretty sure a search would only turn up multiple reports of the same quote from Mr Wolters that I already linked to, so I don't think there would really be any benefit in posting lots of additional links. (Just logged on tonight & there are nearly 20 new pages of posts, which I'm guessing will be on more up to date developments.)

Agree. The fact that Hannover wasn’t on our radar tells us how little we know

IMO Germany LE have gone right back to the beginning to trace CBs movements, and this latest development is why there was so much publicity for info in Germany as they knew that’s where he’d gone soon afterwards

We haven't yet heard anything relating to Dresden, where he allegedly moved to in 2007.

Dresden, Hanover, Augsburg (AB).
Not necessarily in that order.

"In 2007 he moved back to Germany, living in Dresden, Augsburg and in a caravan in Hanover. Until 2008 he trades drugs on the North Sea island of Sylt."

British woman claims Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner ‘targeted her’

Pretty sure a search would only turn up multiple reports of the same quote from Mr Wolters that I already linked to, so I don't think there would really be any benefit in posting lots of additional links. (Just logged on tonight & there are nearly 20 new pages of posts, which I'm guessing will be on more up to date developments.)
I know how you feel, it’s getting hard to keep up sometimes, work and family life keeps getting in the way!

Hidden cellar discovered at former home of Madeleine McCann suspect

Hidden cellar discovered at former home of Madeleine McCann suspect

Martin Brunt, crime correspondent

6 hrs ago
German police are said to have uncovered a hidden cellar at the former home of the suspect in the Madeleine McCann case.
In a third day of digging, they have used an excavator, ground penetrating radar, sniffer dogs and a drone in their desperate hunt for crucial evidence.

The cellar was discovered as investigators dug a deep hole 15 meters wide in the garden of a secluded holiday chalet outside Hanover.

Suspect Christian B, a German drifter, is thought to have lived in a camper van on the site in 2007, shortly after Madeleine vanished from a holiday apartment in Portugal.
One police theory is that the suspect took Madeleine with him when he drove back to Germany, a journey of more than 24 hours.

Also regarding the smell of CB, my partner has twice been involved in the autopsy of large animals, and I will never forget the horrific smell when he returned from work. These animals stink when alive, but the corpse smell was a very distinctive, highly offensive odour. At the time, I called it the smell of death.

I've often wondered if the scent detected by the cadaver dogs related to clothing CB wore, clothes reserved for his crimes. May have been washed, but still retained the smell of death.

When I read about the cadaver dog alerting to some of the McCann’s things (cuddle cat, a few items of clothing), I wondered if perhaps the intruder had cadaver smell on his hands, or perhaps gloves he was wearing. After reading about how in another intrusion, the suspect wore the victim family’s laundry on his feet, I wonder if the perp did the same to the McCann’s clothes and cadaver smell from his shoes got onto their clothes and into the laundry things? The cadaver dog also did a soft alert to a spot in the garden just outside of 5A under a window which presumably the perp could have stood while casing the place.
P.J. POLICE FILES: EDDIE & KEELA REPORT

The shed was demolished late 07 / early 08 so I’m going to guess he disappeared July 2008 but the date range here implies to me that CB arrived in Han sometime prior to late 07 which is a start.

So he could have first gone to Dresden from PDL , then Augsburg & Hanover all in 2007.
ETD

Last edited:
So he could have first gone to Dresden from PDL then on to Hanover then to AB's in Augsburg.

It says in articles re the move to Ausberg that he moved both the van and the jag from Portugal by hitching the jag to his van. Given the date of ownership transferral, do we assume he did this very soon after MM’s disappearance?

Also he was dating the English girlfriend then - is this who hung around the Han allotment?

The shed was demolished late 07 / early 08 so I’m going to guess he disappeared July 2008 but the date range here implies to me that CB arrived in Han sometime prior to late 07 which is a start.
I think there's a lot of misinformation about when he was there exactly. The reports are all conflicting. Some are saying it was demolished late 07 or early 08, yet the allotment neighbour implies it disappeared while he was on holiday in the July. That is mid year really, not late or early year. Also it says in some reports he was there for a "few"months, then in this Telegraph report it says 8 or 9 months which is more than a few I'd say. Others have him living there until 2008, the BBC report I linked earlier says he moved in there the Spring/Summer of 2007, was there a few months and was gone by August 2007 and so was the building. The only thing that is clear about it, is that it's very unclear. Hopefully some clarity will come in the next few days about when exactly he was living there. Don't think we can take any of the comments as correct at the moment.

I think there's a lot of misinformation about when he was there exactly. The reports are all conflicting. Some are saying it was demolished late 07 or early 08, yet the allotment neighbour implies it disappeared while he was on holiday in the July. That is mid year really, not late or early year. Also it says in some reports he was there for a "few"months, then in this Telegraph report it says 8 or 9 months which is more than a few I'd say. Others have him living there until 2008, the BBC report I linked earlier says he moved in there the Spring/Summer of 2007, was there a few months and was gone by August 2007 and so was the building. The only thing that is clear about it, is that it's very unclear. Hopefully some clarity will come in the next few days about when exactly he was living there. Don't think we can take any of the comments as correct at the moment.

True, I don't think he can be pinned down to these places for any length of time, AB said he was living there for 2-3 weeks at a time, so could have been travelling between the 3 cities/towns just like he did countries.

Does anyone know why someone would change car ownership to someone in another country with no intention of giving the car away?

What I’m trying to establish is if the date of the paperwork was the date he left the country - is there a geographical reason he would change paperwork to a German citizen as he planned to take the car into that country?

The plastic had a low tear resistance, which indicated to investigators that the murder was impulsive as the killer had to use more than one plastic bag for each sack to prevent them from tearing apart.

The Search for the Strückelmörder Continues in Hannover - CRIME AND POWER

This has always struck me as a bit of a lazy conclusion. I’ve accidentally bought useless bin liners like this before that tear apart upon use and need double bagging. That doesn’t mean I was impulsive in emptying the kitchen bin, though!
There are lots of great reasons to deem a murder impulsive and unplanned, but poor rubbish bag choice feels like a bit of a stretch IMO.

Does anyone know why someone would change car ownership to someone in another country with no intention of giving the car away?

I'm not sure what happens in Portugal, but if you're driving in the UK and are from EU I don't think LE will trace drivers committing driving or other offences relating to a vehicle.

ETA That was before we left the EU

True, I don't think he can be pinned down to these places for any length of time, AB said he was living there for 2-3 weeks at a time, so could have been travelling between the 3 cities/towns just like he did countries.
I know, he's like flipping Phileas Fogg with his travels in 2007. Here, there and eveywhere. MT places him in the Algarve living in his van in Feb 07 but other than that, there's not much to say where he was prior to May 3rd that year. Would make sense he perhaps returned to Germany in the early part of 2007 to live for periods of time.

DF reckons he sees him in Foral with the Winnebago a few months before MM went missing. He says the winnebago had Hannover licence plates at this time so again, another thing to indicate he may have already been living in Hannover at this point, going back and forth to Portugal for drug runs etc. Also AB says CB came to live with him a short while after the MM abduction, so if the allotment neighbour indicates CB left the site in around July 2007 time, that may fit with when he then went to live with AB. All depends on the interpretation of "shortly after", could just be sensationalist reporting at the time to make the story more interesting. Given he gave the Mail an exclusive, you would think he'd have told them the dates he was there yet they don't mention any specifics.

I'm not sure what happens in Portugal, but if you're driving in the UK and are from EU I don't think LE can trace drivers committing driving or other offences relating to a vehicle.

ETA Or that was before we left the EU

What if he changed the ownership because he knew he was about to take a long trip with some potentially awful outcomes for him? Maybe it wasn’t so much about forensic evidence as what if people spotted him and shopped him in en route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe