Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that he says his client would invoke his right to remain silent.

How does that impact on a defence in German law? In the UK if you remain silent on facts you could reasonably have answered at the time - it means they cannot then be used in your defence.

It also allows the court to draw inferences from the silence eg failing to account for something. But it can only form part of the case.

Fortunately, I have never personally had to stand trial as a defendant. However, from really important German trials I know that some of the accused have kept silent throughout. Usually they were found guilty on the basis of evidence.

And yes, every accused has the right to remain silent, no matter if it would incriminate or exonerate him.

I agree Betty, he will certainly focus on the media strategy re CB imo.

Here's another snippet from Fulscher -

Discussing the rape of a 72-year-old American woman for which Brückner was jailed for seven years last year, which he continues to deny, Mr Fülscher said it was "totally unusual" for someone to be a both a paedophile and a gerontophile

Madeleine McCann: Suspect's lawyer calls police allotment search 'a desperate act'

IMO- Yes, it's unusual, but it's not impossible.

From the way he is described by others - sociable, friendly, charming, out going. I believe he is a psychopath. Psychopaths are masters at manipulation and have a huge ego. He doesn’t have a “preference” so to speak he just wants to inflict pain on others - I believe mainly women from his crimes and attacks against his girlfriend. Him constantly boasting about his crimes is him believing he will not get caught and a boost to his ego by bragging about what he’s done. Him playing games with the German LE when they were first onto him as well. He enjoys it.

I'm wondering why this was cleared now?. o

What the police have collected quite seamlessly in recent years is a timeline of CBs stays. (link is below)

The 11-year-old girl was murdered in Grevenbroich in 1996.

In 1995 (CB was 19 years old) he fled from Germany to Portugal to escape a juvenile sentence.

In 1999 he was arrested there with a European arrest warrant and transferred to Germany.
------
It is possible that he also returned to Germany once during this period. But why to Grevenbroich? Nobody goes there "just by the way"! CB has no social reference points there (according to the current state of knowledge), there is no matching DNA.

If the police exclude the case in connection with CB, they will have good reasons. Because one thing is clear: They want to nail him!

CB timeline (in German) https://www.allmystery.de/dateien/rjkcxgxnpafv_Zeitachse_-_Christian_B_Fall_Maddie.pdf

Re-watching the MM documentary - recap while awaiting any possible updates!

In episode 8 "Somebody Knows" at about 20 minutes in, there's quite a lot of detail on incidents prior to MM's disappearance and attributed to the "Lone Intruder"
He broke into bedrooms when children were sleeping - two cases in PDL alone, as well as C and VdP further up the coast. Described by one (brave) child as having dark hair but how specific could that description be in the dark and in the circs?

Other details (in the docu) relating to sexual predators who were thought to be in and around the area too.
The intruder who saw a child in a house (at the front door) and then when the mother was upstairs broke in and was found talking to the child when the mother came back downstairs!
It certainly seems from the documentary that there was a lot of strange/suspicious activity happening in the area.
A poignant point made was had these details been public, people may have been more vigilant.

What the police have collected quite seamlessly in recent years is a timeline of CBs stays. (link is below)

In 1995 (CB was 19 years old) he fled from Germany to Portugal to escape a juvenile sentence.

In 1999 he was arrested there with a European arrest warrant and transferred to Germany.
------
It is possible that he also returned to Germany once during this period. But why to Grevenbroich? Nobody goes there "just by the way"! CB has no social reference points there (according to the current state of knowledge), there is no matching DNA.

If the police exclude the case in connection with CB, they will have good reasons. Because one thing is clear: They want to nail him!

CB timeline (in German) https://www.allmystery.de/dateien/rjkcxgxnpafv_Zeitachse_-_Christian_B_Fall_Maddie.pdf

Very interesting, thank you. The foster parents should have been violent to him (if that is or could even be confirmed!)?

That could explain a lot, even if the mother has been violent to him. Or the father was violent to his wife. But i'm asking, where these info is from. The files of the orphanage are said to be destroyed due to passage of time...

------

Do you mind me asking, is this an official timeline from the police or something that users on another forum have put together based on the reports in the media etc?

------

Yasmin Siefer was also murdered/dismembered in Oct 1996. She disappeared on her way to or actually from a nightclub only 500 meters from the kiosk where CB lived 2010/12. CB seems to return to places he is familiar with, maybe he knew the kiosk area before.

In reality CB could've travelled many times back and forth from Portugal and committed any number of crimes under the cover of living in Portugal

In episode 8 "Somebody Knows" at about 20 minutes in, there's quite a lot of detail on incidents prior to MM's disappearance and attributed to the "Lone Intruder"
He broke into bedrooms when children were sleeping - two cases in PDL alone, as well as C and VdP further up the coast. Described by one (brave) child as having dark hair but how specific could that description be in the dark and in the circs?

Other details (in the docu) relating to sexual predators who were thought to be in and around the area too.
The intruder who saw a child in a house (at the front door) and then when the mother was upstairs broke in and was found talking to the child when the mother came back downstairs!
It certainly seems from the documentary that there was a lot of strange/suspicious activity happening in the area.
A poignant point made was had these details been public, people may have been more vigilant.

It makes the recent story about CB performing sex acts in a room full of sleeping girls after breaking into their room seem very fitting to this profile.

From the documentary, I find it eerie that the man who broke into the mothers house that you mentioned, he said he was raising money for an orphanage. I believe it was NF's orphanage. It might not have been CB who broke into the house but could have been someone working with/affiliated with CB and NF. Also, in the documentary, they said there was no orphanage in the area which is strange as NF claims to run an orphanage. I think it's very suspicious and a lot darker than imaginable. I think it's a trafficking network perhaps but that's just IMO.

It makes the recent story about CB performing sex acts in a room full of sleeping girls after breaking into their room seem very fitting to this profile.

From the documentary, I find it eerie that the man who broke into the mothers house that you mentioned, he said he was raising money for an orphanage. I believe it was NF's orphanage. It might not have been CB who broke into the house but could have been someone working with/affiliated with CB and NF. Also, in the documentary, they said there was no orphanage in the area which is strange as NF claims to run an orphanage. I think it's very suspicious and a lot darker than imaginable. I think it's a trafficking network perhaps but that's just IMO.
It could also give more credibility to the theory that CB didn't act alone. IMO

Yet they wasn’t as not to ruin there tourist industry, it seemed like.. Wonder how many other countries have had this happen and not say something as not to affect the trade.

Very interesting, thank you. The foster parents should have been violent to him (if that is or could even be confirmed!)?

That could explain a lot, even if the mother has been violent to him. Or the father was violent to his wife. But i'm asking, where these info is from. The files of the orphanage are said to be destroyed due to passage of time...

From the way he is described by others - sociable, friendly, charming, out going. I believe he is a psychopath. Psychopaths are masters at manipulation and have a huge ego. He doesn’t have a “preference” so to speak he just wants to inflict pain on others - I believe mainly women from his crimes and attacks against his girlfriend. Him constantly boasting about his crimes is him believing he will not get caught and a boost to his ego by bragging about what he’s done. Him playing games with the German LE when they were first onto him as well. He enjoys it.

Yes, he certainly shows 'some' behaviors, from what we have read about his crimes and testimonies from others, that can lead us to speculate and conveniently fit CB into the psychopathic spectrum or ASPD category (with paedophilia).
I doubt we will ever be privy to a full Psychologists report or clinical diagnosis.
We like to presume that this kind of behavior is a result of a 'bad childhood' but, whilst common, it is not always the case.

It's certainly a creative metaphor albeit a bit dramatic in the context.

I guess I'm just viewing it from his and CB's perspective. His client has been publicly linked (in extremely lurid terms) to numerous unsolved crimes for which no available evidence exists. I think, in CB's position, I'd also be drinking holy water in hell before I'd co-operate.

Please understand I'm not defending CB (we know enough about the crimes he HAS committed to know he's a bad 'un, through and through) but I'm really uneasy about the wildly rampant path this investigation has taken in the media, hence my understanding of Fulscher's position.

I guess I'm just viewing it from his and CB's perspective. His client has been publicly linked (in extremely lurid terms) to numerous unsolved crimes for which no available evidence exists. I think, in CB's position, I'd also be drinking holy water in hell before I'd co-operate.

Please understand I'm not defending CB (we know enough about the crimes he HAS committed to know he's a bad 'un, through and through) but I'm really uneasy about the wildly rampant path this investigation has taken in the media, hence my understanding of/tolerance for Fulscher's position.

ETA- CB had been linked to some of those crimes previously, the media is just reporting the fact.
IMO German LE are confident they have solved this crime and know they have the perp.

Last edited:

It is unusual, but that’s a weird angle because he’s been found guilty and charged for both of those things - so he is. Would’ve been better to argue no apparent MO to murder.

Well I hope so, otherwise what a waste of time and resources it's all been.
I respect your opinion, however,
I would never say that a waste of time and resources had been spent on a missing, possibly murdered child ever.
I would gladly pay more taxes in order that all parents can find their little ones, or find out what has happened to them.
But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
I respect your opinion, however,
I would never say that a waste of time and resources have been spent on a missing, possibly murdered child ever.
I would gladly pay more taxes in order that parents can find their little ones, or find out what has happened to them.
But that's just my opinion.
Well said! I would love to think everyone on here would gladly do the same, and again for German police to feel the need certainly makes me think they have a ton more than we are led to believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879