Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The VW camper in germany has been described as an LT28. It has been reported to have had a either a petrol leak or a diesel leak: which is correct?
Moving on to the VW T3 camper in photos in portugal and spain. Is it possible to find from the grilles or fillercap whether it uses petrol or diesel?
I can say with some certainty that the T3 WF was petrol. I owned an LT 28 which was also petrol and an LT 35 which was diesel. Not sure if the LT 28 was available in diesel. The LTs were very good vans.

ETA: The 28 came in diesel. Is there a photo of it and I could perhaps give more details.

ETA: There is a chance the his T3 WF could be diesel too depends on what year it was. I’m trying to date it.

Last edited:
I can say with some certainty that the T3 WF was petrol. I owned an LT 28 which was also petrol and an LT 35 which was diesel. Not sure if the LT 28 was available in diesel. The LTs were very good vans.

ETA: The 28 came in diesel. Is there a photo of it and I could perhaps give more details.

T3 Westfalia was also available with a diesel engine. Also the LT 28 and LT35.

Screenshot_20200812-145804_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20200812-145815_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Or some baby monitors used a dedicated radio link.
True..........

“Err, no I think the only thing that I have thought in retrospect is the fact that I went down to test the baby monitor that first, first night. I mean sometimes I put, because we were worried about the, what do you call it, the reach of the baby monitor, I sometimes put it, there was a wall behind me so I’d put it on there because it was slightly, slightly nearer because it’d start sort of squealing at times so, so that’s the only other thing I can think of because you know it wasn’t, sometimes we wouldn’t have been sitting at, I didn’t have it, so actually sitting on the table it was, it was on the wall where the tile (inaudible) were I sometimes had it on the wall there.”

4078 “Okay.”
Reply “I wasn’t convinced it was really always you know totally working.”

P.J. POLICE FILES: JANE TANNER ROGATORY INTERVIEW<br>WITH DC FERGUSON

Wiki indicates most T3 were petrol but a few diesel. Looking at the photos of CB's T3 at Malaga and at a portugal beach, can you say it is definitely petrol please?
For the LT28 in germany I think we have no photos but reports say fuel tank leaked so it needs checking which reports are correct - petrol leak, or diesel leak.

True..........

“Err, no I think the only thing that I have thought in retrospect is the fact that I went down to test the baby monitor that first, first night. I mean sometimes I put, because we were worried about the, what do you call it, the reach of the baby monitor, I sometimes put it, there was a wall behind me so I’d put it on there because it was slightly, slightly nearer because it’d start sort of squealing at times so, so that’s the only other thing I can think of because you know it wasn’t, sometimes we wouldn’t have been sitting at, I didn’t have it, so actually sitting on the table it was, it was on the wall where the tile (inaudible) were I sometimes had it on the wall there.”

4078 “Okay.”
Reply “I wasn’t convinced it was really always you know totally working.”

P.J. POLICE FILES: JANE TANNER ROGATORY INTERVIEW<br>WITH DC FERGUSON
yes JT's monitor didnt work well at that range so they didnt rely on it. Hoewer FP's monitor was better and worked good at that range from upstairs and also alerted if out of range, it was a fairly new phillips digital.

I'm still under the impression that this report (there was another one that stated even more but I can't find it) gives the fullest insight into CB, both in what it says and reading between the lines - apart from the silly photographs.

Madeleine McCann suspect's Brit ex claims 'I found beast waiting under my bed'

Not being sympathetic to him, but I think this was the girlfriend that he really fell for and tried to have a 'normal' relationship with. His actions, according to her, show that he couldn't do that and highlight what was going on in his head at the time and what possibly happened in his childhood. JMO IMO

I agree. I also kind of wonder if part of the motivation to drive all the way to Malaga to be part of the radio contest was an odd attempt to be a 'normal,' fun kind of guy.

The thing about sociopathic guys (and most are male) is that they don't come across as monstrous all the time. If they did, no one would ever go near them. There can be a hurt little kid kind of quality, trying to be accepted, and often approximating socially acceptable and desirable behaviors.

Wiki indicates most T3 were petrol but a few diesel. Looking at the photos of CB's T3 at Malaga and at a portugal beach, can you say it is definitely petrol please?
For the LT28 in germany I think we have no photos but reports say fuel tank leaked so it needs checking which reports are correct - petrol leak, or diesel leak.

I just edited my prior post. Let me see if I can date CB’s T3 WF.

I agree. I also kind of wonder if part of the motivation to drive all the way to Malaga to be part of the radio contest was an odd attempt to be a 'normal,' fun kind of guy.

The thing about sociopathic guys (and most are male) is that they don't come across as monstrous all the time. If they did, no one would ever go near them. There can be a hurt little kid kind of quality, trying to be accepted, and often approximating socially acceptable and desirable behaviors.

Which is why certain females can be attracted to them. The women 'see' a certain kind of vulnerability in them and are drawn to them, for reasons more to do with themselves, which can be powerfully seductive.

JMO.

If the Met had possessed the data required to perform triangulation they would have been doing triangulations in may 2007 of the phones of ex-suspects RM SM GM KM. But look in the files - not even a single triangulation was done. The advanced data which would be needed to perform triangulation was never harvested.
There is a new technology CAST that can triangulate with two towers. I wonder if the phone data can still be analyzed.

Which is why certain females can be attracted to them. The women 'see' a certain kind of vulnerability in them and are drawn to them, for reasons more to do with themselves, which can be powerfully seductive.

JMO.
She's fairly honest about herself.

"I was alone here in Portugal, no family around and a bit lonely and I was getting all this attention from this guy."

That's one of the reasons why I see an overall relevance in this report too.

What is fuel consumptipn of an old VW T3? And his fuel expenditure for this 1400+ km Vera jaunt?

Last edited:

"I was alone here in Portugal, no family around and a bit lonely and I was getting all this attention from this guy."

Whereas a completely different female may have thought of him as being a pest in those circumstances.

Last edited:
There is a new technology CAST that can triangulate with two towers. I wonder if the phone data can still be analyzed.
Yes but look at the many pages of phone-locating work in the released files. Can anyone find even a single triangulation?

I totally agree. He saw the opportunity to be with this woman, and tried to be the person she would be drawn to.

JMO

I think that CB’s VW WF Model is a Joker 1 poptop which started out pearl white - beige/brown interior with Van Dyck upholstery. This combination was available 1983-1986. There were several four/five speed 1.9l petrol engines and a couple of 1.6l diesel engines. I think the original engine would have been petrol but it was 20 years old in 2007 and from what I can see, better diesel engines became available in later model which could have replaced the original - small motors for the vehicle size ... but I’m sure someone will tell me they’re German!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho