Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ireland has no interest in CB. Ireland does have an interest in protecting its citizens from being investigated twice & tried in another jurisdiction.

Bailey (a UK citizen, resident in Ireland) was investigated for the murder of a French citizen in Ireland. Irish police deemed the evidence insufficient to charge. France subsequently attempted to extradite. Ireland refused. Bailey was tried & convicted in absentia in France without participation or legal representation. France is now trying to extradite him to serve his sentence. Bailey has spent the last 20y defending his reputation, fighting extradition & he hasn’t started to serve a sentence yet.
That seems quite different to CBs case tho. Ireland had refused the extradition, Italy didn't. Ireland investigated Bailey for the murder and decided there was insufficient evidence, Portugal did not arrest or investigate anyone for the rape. France tried Bailey in absentia without representation. The rape trial in Germany was by the book with very good defence colony

I do understand the fundamental principles and technicalities of the law may have the sane starting point but there are sufficient differences to protect Bailey.

The fact german LE made a specific point that the current owner of the VW WF (i.e. BP) should be considered innocent of involvement reads to me that he is already a material witness. And yes, I agree that it's highly likely he was also one of the people desginated to retrieve the incriminating evidence from the farmhouse while CB was in prison. JMO.

I agree and it seems there's a media censorship regarding anything to do with BP.
The fact german LE made a specific point that the current owner of the VW WF (i.e. BP) should be considered innocent of involvement reads to me that he is already a material witness. And yes, I agree that it's highly likely he was also one of the people desginated to retrieve the incriminating evidence from the farmhouse while CB was in prison. JMO.

Also if CB's house was locked at the time, the ONLY way to have got into the house would have been to "break in" hence the media reports.

JMO

We don’t think it’s connected, nor do we think it’s in support of him... We’re just feckin mortified we’re associated now is all :rolleyes:

Well, Betty, I'm Irish (living in Ireland), and I'm not remotely mortified because I know this is not in any way, shape or form connected with CB. Why be mortified? Who of any significance is now associating Ireland with support of CB? No one, that's the reality.

I'm actually very pleased that a man against whom there is documented insufficient evidence to charge with murder, was nevertheless found guilty of murder in a trial in another country which neither he nor his lawyers had any participation in, is being given his due rights under the law.

Last edited:
Well, Betty, I'm Irish (living in Ireland), and I'm not remotely mortified. In fact, I'm pleased that a man against whom there is documented insufficient evidence to charge with murder, was nevertheless found guilty of murder in a trial in which neither he nor his lawyers had any participation in, is being given his due rights under the law.
The circumstances are totally different though. Agree that it's an unfair process to be tried in absence of a defending argument, but to wade in on the CB case (and argue the point on the specialty clause and jurisdiction) is another matter.

According to the Mail, CB drove from PdL to Malaga to Vera to PdL that's a total of 1560km, about 16 hours driving, a ridiculous distance, purely to help those people who were hitching with a caravan. They were not allowed to pay him a penny not even petrol money. How much euros would the petrol cost CB to drive that old '80's Westphalia for 1560km?
My alternative guess/theory is that CB was already in or near Malaga anyway (for some completely different reason) at the end of March 2007 ???

That seems quite different to CBs case tho. Ireland had refused the extradition, Italy didn't. Ireland investigated Bailey for the murder and decided there was insufficient evidence, Portugal did not arrest or investigate anyone for the rape. France tried Bailey in absentia without representation. The rape trial in Germany was by the book with very good defence colony

I do understand the fundamental principles and technicalities of the law may have the sane starting point but there are sufficient differences to protect Bailey.

Agreed. German police are also developing their own evidence in Germany, liaising with UK & Portuguese police and investigating him for additional crimes within Germany.

There is an issue though re European citizens facing investigation/trial in multiple jurisdictions. A European FBI is needed.

Well, Betty, I'm Irish (living in Ireland), and I'm not remotely mortified because I know this is not in any way, shape or form connected with CB. Why be mortified? Who of any significance is now associating Ireland with support of CB? No one, that's the reality.

I'm actually very pleased that a man against whom there is documented insufficient evidence to charge with murder, was nevertheless found guilty of murder in a trial in another country which neither he nor his lawyers had any participation in, is being given his due rights under the law.

Again, I didn’t say we were associated in support of him. But we are now associated with the appeal case, as per the reports already posted here with Ireland plastered all over them.

My heads in overdrive again, re why the Irish are siding with CB?
Could it be an Irish witness is implicated or has tried to conceal something?
According to the article above posted by Bizcocho, MS was in Kelly’s Bar on the evening of May 3rd, CH was also in the bar that evening so likely MS met CH, is it possible he knew Mr J? Who possibly knew CB?
After K & G returned from Portugal, MS said that the way Gerry had carried Sean off the plane was the same way he saw man carrying MM on night of the 3rd, he was 60-80% sure it was GM he saw carrying MM on the night of the 3rd May.
Since CB was made a suspect, MS is afaik the only witness to publicly claim that he did not recognise CB as the man seen carrying MM, however if we are to believe the confession to bar friend CB admitted “snatching” MM.
If I can recall correctly, I think MS helped the McCanns private detectives draw up photofits......years later?
I realise I probably come across as a paranoid android, but FAR too many coincidences in this case for my liking.
** Note from article. It is claimed they are still trying to trace 13 persons of interest. But none have come forward. Article was dated Feb 2020 therefor as of May 2019 there was 13 persons of interest still to be traced.
Is this a Scrabble? Dear Lyndaloo, help me out.

Who is CH, who is Mr. J?

And where has the story of the real weirdo in a pub "I snatched her" ever been confirmed? Yes, it was spread in the Sun, and yes, maybe the drinking buddy actually said it.
But whoever confirmed the reliabiity of the witness?

And what are the coincidences accumulated here?

Miss_Paula ..... first of all thank you for your tremendous input recently .... going by the number of "likes" you have received should indicate how much your work is appreciated here.

What I wanted to bring up was a comment you made in the previous thread but it was closed before I could reply directly .... it was in regard to "identifiers" in videos and pictures that police can use as evidence (I completely agree with what you said)

So I decided to give a couple of historical examples used in court to produce a guilty verdict ...... one was a kidnapping-rape-murder of a young girl back around 1998 .... police had a suspect (a known offender) but had no evidence tying him to the crime except a photograph from inside an older motel with the ankle and foot of a girl on the bed .... nothing else in the photo except the desk , chair , and wall in the background.

It became a cold case so detectives published the picture and asked the public to see if anyone recognized the motel interior ... it was a unique decor from the 1970's with bright flower wallpaper , hardwood desk , and the chair fabric was also a flower pattern.

Long story short - they found the motel , went room to room to find the one with the exact desk (the hardwood had a unique knot in it) .... plus a flaw in the wallpaper that also matched perfect .... plus the parents were able to identify the girls shoe and sock.

Motel record for the night of the kidnapping were searched but the suspect used a false name of course .... however the motel owner had a habit of recording car license numbers which belonged to the suspect and he confessed.

More recently were 2 photos from the Tim Bosma murder (pictures below) .... one showed part of a finger and police were able to find 17 fingerprint markers to identify one of the killers .... and another picture of a tiny black birthmark on the finger of the other killer .... both were found guilty ... these pictures were found on the suspects own home computers .

Anyway , sorry for the long rant Miss_Paula just wanted to endorse what you were saying about police finding evidence among CB's numerous pictures and videos .

Sometimes one tiny dot on a finger will solve a case .... things we may overlook but a good detective will spot them.

Attachments

• tim bosma murder fingerprint from a photo.JPG
    tim bosma murder fingerprint from a photo.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 40
  • tim bosma murder weapon birthmark on finger identifier.JPG
    tim bosma murder weapon birthmark on finger identifier.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 38
Questions
1. In the first week, Sic News Portugal said the owner of the Monte Judeu house was a German lady. CB did not live there, he took care of the house and the lady's dogs when she wasn't there. May be she is the same woman named by MT and CB's British ex-girlfriend. Could be the house in Monte Judeu the one of the wooden beam?
2. Why the two friends call MT to ask what to do with the CB's videos and stuff? Are they CB's friends or just MT's? Could MT steal his best friend's stash? He had a good alibi and knew where the things were. And only makes sense to fake a messy robbery if you want to cheat the owner, right?
3. What would happen if CB was going around in circles on PDL when he received the call? Would the antenna receive a signal from each of the orientations in a short period of time?
4. Do you know anything about this:
Madeleine McCann police quiz Brit barmaid in Portugal over German ex-boyfriend
Madeleine McCann police quiz Brit barmaid in Portugal over German ex-boyfriend "six police, some British ....." is possibly sourced from PJ procurou Madeleine debaixo da cama

I have found an interesting picture of Barranco das Canas, already known as Praia do Alemao near Portimao. C.B. is said to have frequented Portimao.

As you can see in the pic, there are similar wooden posts of the fence, seen in the pic with the T3 Westfalia and it is the first time, i see these posts in Portgual-beach-pics. What do you think?

Maybe it's worth to take another look at that area to locate the spot.

After a quick look at google earth, the beach is even accessible by car. We've had that pic before in here IMO, but the fence must have been renewed!

Barranco das Canas (Alemão) Strand, Portimão - Algarve
IMO the posts in those Barranco das Canas photos are round, whereas the posts in the VW photo are square. I also am still searching from Sagres to Vera for these rope and posts.

Some posters asked about Burglaries at OC a couple of days ago.

"There were two burglaries which occurred 7 and 17 days before the night Madeleine was abducted. The two burglaries were in the same block of apartments where Madeleine was spending her holidays"......

Bottom of the page on this link.

Espacio Exterior

I have translated the Pdl-Malaga and Malaga-Vera distances into England/Scotland equivalents.
Imagine you live in London and you hear of some hitchers (and a caravan) who are in Carlisle needing a ride to Arbroath. Would you drive for 5 hours all the way to Carlisle hoping they will still be there just to meet them there and take them to Arbroath?

Some posters asked about Burglaries at OC a couple of days ago.

"There were two burglaries which occurred 7 and 17 days before the night Madeleine was abducted. The two burglaries were in the same block of apartments where Madeleine was spending her holidays"......

Bottom of the page on this link.

Espacio Exterior
In Feb 2007 there there was another, in the adjoining block, link to follow soon.
ETA: link for this is also the last article on the page Espacio Exterior
see "55 meters from 5A front door".
I add something else, this apartment burgled in Feb 2007, and apartment 5A, have identical interior room layouts (Source was an ITV report which is no longer existing, which quoted the owner).

Last edited:
After reading this report, it would seem to make sense it was M3 that firebombed SM's car. If that thing can make any sense at all it would be here. M3. They were obsessed he knew the truth and even offered him half a million euros, they say. As a M3 investigator said "I didn’t feel sorry for anybody. The little girl who had been abducted - that is the person I felt sorry for. Nobody else."

McCann PIs offered £430k to Maddie suspect if he 'told them everything'

Last edited:
In Feb 2007 there there was another, in the adjoining block, link to follow soon.
ETA: link for this is also the last article on the page Espacio Exterior
see "55 meters from 5A front door".
I add something else, this apartment burgled in Feb 2007, and apartment 5A, have identical interior room layouts (Source was an ITV report which is no longer existing, which quoted the owner).
.... the ground-floor apartment burgled in Feb 2007 is pointed out at beginning of this video "Two months and a half before the abduction, there was a burglary there"

After reading this report, it would seem to make sense it was M3 that firebombed SM's car. If that thing can make any sense at all it would be here. M3. They were obsessed he knew the truth and even offered him half a million euros, they say. As a M3 investigator said "I didn’t feel sorry for anybody. The little girl who had been abducted - that is the person I felt sorry for. Nobody else."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members