Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've met guys who've taken this lifestyle (not child abusers!)

But sketchy ex pats who have dropped out of mainstream life to live on the cheap in Asia or whatever. Generally they have crap jobs, spend their time getting drunk/high. Have a high sense of entitlement and take advantage of some local woman or a string of them.

They are the guy in their late 30s or 40s who is still hanging on the beach like they are in their 20s
True however I think there's a bit more to CB than that. The Winnebago - maybe not new, but would still cost a fair bit. Buying the old property and possibly the kiosk? Again, not mega bucks but still more, I imagine, than from petty crime to make a living. I think he's a bit of an enigma. JMO

Has the grey looking car ever been accounted for?
In this video of PF (the upstairs neighbour) at about 30s in, you can see a small grey car still parked next to MMs window of 5A, the same as described by the witness. I'd guess it probably belongs to a resident of the OC and has been accounted for.

Last edited:
True however I think there's a bit more to CB than that. The Winnebago - maybe not new, but would still cost a fair bit. Buying the old property and possibly the kiosk? Again, not mega bucks but still more, I imagine, than from petty crime to make a living. I think he's a bit of an enigma. JMO

We discussed the possibility of him having saved the money for the box factory and the winnebago. Perhaps he did steal the 100k euro's too, or sold a top spec Rolex watch he may have stolen as AB pointed out.
MT said CB aimed to 'get to 1m eu'.
I think the kiosk may have been CB's stab at trying to live a 'normal' life after leaving Portugal, albeit having other 'interests' on the side.
IMO he didn't have the emotional tools or will to run a business so maybe lost a lot of money setting that up.
JMO

Last edited:

If he starts with some money - perhaps from parents - perhaps collects benefits, works casual jobs and makes money from theft/drugs plus pays no taxes, lives on the cheap etc - I think he easily has enough money for these things.

If he starts with some money - perhaps from parents - perhaps collects benefits, works casual jobs and makes money from theft/drugs plus pays no taxes, lives on the cheap etc - I think he easily has enough money for these things.
Yes, and maybe add to that gifts from older, lonely women? JMO
I suppose it gets down to how much money an individual gets for making sick videos (and more) but I really don't want to know. Like most people I'm curious about the case, but I zone out on certain possibilities.

I've met guys who've taken this lifestyle (not child abusers!)

But sketchy ex pats who have dropped out of mainstream life to live on the cheap in Asia or whatever. Generally they have crap jobs, spend their time getting drunk/high. Have a high sense of entitlement and take advantage of some local woman or a string of them.

They are the guy in their late 30s or 40s who is still hanging on the beach like they are in their 20s
I know what you mean. One doesn't need to be an abuser to live cheaply in a cheap country abroad. Many do that without being criminal etc.

CB started off as a sexual offender and went to live in Portugal.
If you have someone like CB who is violent, who is a sexual predator, who sneaks into homes to steal whatever he can get hold of, who is a pervert raping around and filming the rape(s) for crying out loud, who is known to keep trophies, who fantasises about locking up a very young child and abusing it for days, who has been known to carry a gun... I won't even mention those dogs that were found buried with their heads in the air, because then someone will say "hey how do you know that CB did that?".

What would stop CB from doing something within a ring of child abusers? His conscience? I don't think so.
I think he would boast about his doings and would very much like to share experiences.

Now, I'm not saying that it is a fact that CB was part of some international child-rapist-ring, but I'm keeping an open mind at this.
IMO he could have been solitary as he could have not been solitary.
One thing is for sure though; when someone abducts a child by car (or attempts to), very often there is a second person sitting at the steering wheel.

"the pickup-style truck that sped past us as we walked back to the apartment from the restaurant that fateful night"
These witnesses JM and family were walking from Dolphin to Estrela da Luz therefore the pickup was probably driving along Rua 25 de Abril or Rua Escola Primeria??? If only we at websleuths knew the road, the direction, the time???
Here's a map. Notice the one-way streets.
Walking from the Dolphin to Estrela da Luz, one can take the Travesia, see the red lines between R. da Calheta and R. 25 de Abril.

The main entrance of Estrela da Luz is on the Rua do Cemitério.
Could be that the truck sped on the R. do Cemitério? If only he would have specified what street.
FhOnDTq.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still wondering, why at least two known and convicted german paedos like MN and CB decided, to frequently spent time in Portugal and travel between the countries by the mid-nineties. One was known to work at educational facilities for children, one used to grow up in one of them and got some kind of relationship to NF, who seemed to be in that kind of business either.

And i'm still wondering, why portugal seems or seemed to be a hotspot for paedos. Even GA confirmed that. Where could be the link between troubled children, portugal and all that already known paedos in the areas? How does an about 19 year old CB, that broke up his education as a car mechanic, decided in the mid-nineties to move straight to portugal, to avoid a conviction for child abuse in germany?! Who was his mentor in 1995 that maybe told him, to go straight to there?

The internet as we know it in 2020 should not be that kind of paedo-chatroom-medium as it has evolved by the early 2000's, with its slow modems etc. in the mid nineties?!

But according to the link below, portugal seems to have a very sophisticated paedo-past. Could there be a kind of link to a lot of the abducted children, by 2004 and later, after that casa-pia-horror ended?!

To me it sounds, that the convicted main-suspects should have just been the tip of the iceberg. Similar rumors still keep on until today in belgiums MD-case.

Casa Pia child sexual abuse scandal - Wikipedia

I'm still wondering, why at least two known and convicted german paedos like MN and CB decided, to frequently spent time in Portugal and travel between the countries by the mid-nineties. One was known to work at educational facilities for children, one used to grow up in one of them and got some kind of relationship to NF, who seemed to be in that kind of business either.

And i'm still wondering, why portugal seems or seemed to be a hotspot for paedos. Even GA confirmed that. Where could be the link between troubled children, portugal and all that already known paedos in the areas? How does an about 19 year old CB, that broke up his education as a car mechanic, decided in the mid-nineties to move straight to portugal, to avoid a conviction for child abuse in germany?! Who was his mentor in 1995 that maybe told him, to go straight to there?

The internet as we know it in 2020 should not be that kind of paedo-chatroom-medium as it has evolved by the early 2000's, with its slow modems etc. in the mid nineties?!

But according to the link below, portugal seems to have a very sophisticated paedo-past. Could there be a kind of link to a lot of the abducted children, by 2004 and later, after that casa-pia-horror ended?!

To me it sounds, that the convicted main-suspects should have just been the tip of the iceberg. Similar rumors still keep on until today in belgiums MD-case.

I've always thought that CB, having done some jail time with like minded people in Germany, has probably learnt of the sick goings on in Portugal through conversations with other paedophiles. I've always wondered how he "just knew" where to go as well X

I know what you mean. One doesn't need to be an abuser to live cheaply in a cheap country abroad. Many do that without being criminal etc.

CB started off as a sexual offender and went to live in Portugal.
If you have someone like CB who is violent, who is a sexual predator, who sneaks into homes to steal whatever he can get hold of, who is a pervert raping around and filming the rape(s) for crying out loud, who is known to keep trophies, who fantasises about locking up a very young child and abusing it for days, who has been known to carry a gun... I won't even mention those dogs that were found buried with their heads in the air, because then someone will say "hey how do you know that CB did that?".

What would stop CB from doing something within a ring of child abusers? His conscience? I don't think so.
I think he would boast about his doings and would very much like to share experiences.

Now, I'm not saying that it is a fact that CB was part of some international child-rapist-ring, but I'm keeping an open mind at this.
IMO he could have been solitary as he could have not been solitary.
One thing is for sure though; when someone abducts a child by car (or attempts to), very often there is a second person sitting at the steering wheel.
Madeleine McCann 'not the only victim' of Christian Brueckner, chief prosecutor in case says

In the most recent article (yesterday’s) it says police believe it’s possible he had an accomplice(s) and there may be other people of interest.

This is from 2011, bit of insight into MN

Maddie link to German child killer

THIS is the man who has confessed to one child murder and is now facing questioning over the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The 40-year-old German youth worker, who we can name only as Martin N, is being questioned over at least three child murders and 40 suspected attacks on children across Europe.

He bears a striking resemblance to the photofit of a man seen holding a child in his arms just minutes after Madeleine was snatched from Praia da Luz.

He targeted children on holiday, entering their tents, apartments or villas, armed with a knife or gun and wearing a black balaclava and clothing. He also threatened to kidnap a child unless the parents paid a ransom.

Private detectives working for Kate and Gerry McCann will now try to discover if he was in Portugal when Madeleine vanished from the family’s apartment at the Algarve resort on May 3, 2007.

McCann spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “Our private investigators became aware of this man a month ago and they will be liaising with the German investigators. The investigation is at an early stage.”

In Germany he can be referred to only as Martin N because of its laws on naming suspects

German detectives will shortly question the child killer over the disappearance of six-year-old blond German boy Renee Hasse, snatched from the beautiful Amoreira beach near Aljezur on the Algarve in June 1996. The beach is some half an hour’s drive from Luz.

They believe Martin N was in Portugal that summer and are checking his passport and bank accounts to build up a complete picture of his movements over the past 20 years across Europe and South America.

They are trying to establish if the Hamburg-based youth worker, who is said to have used his good communication skills with children to lure his victims, was acting alone or was part of a ring of paedophiles.

He was arrested last month after a major police operation. In Germany he can be referred to only as Martin N because of its laws on naming suspects.

Officers say he has confessed to the murder of nine-year-old Dennis Klein, who vanished during a school field trip at the Lower Saxony coastal town of Cuxhaven on September 5, 2001.

Mushroom pickers discovered the child’s body about 15 miles away two weeks later but the killer’s trail had long gone cold. Earlier this year, a witness who saw a television programme about the case recalled seeing an estate car parked on a forest path at about 4.30am in early September 2001.

A boy who resembled Dennis was in the back seat and a man in the front. The brawny, bespectacled man, who looked to be in his early 30s, matched a description police had received of the suspect from sex abuse victims. He was dressed in black.

In 1992, police said that Martin N had kidnapped and killed 13-year-old Stefan Jahr.

A month earlier he had entered a youth hostel in Bremen, pointed a knife at a boy and ordered him to follow him.

The boy’s scream alerted a teacher who frightened the attacker off.

French police are believed to be about to question Martin about the fate of Jonathan Coulom, 11, who disappeared from a school hostel in St Brevin in the west of France. His body was found six weeks later, handcuffed and in his pyjamas in a pond 30 yards from the hostel.

This could be just the tip of the iceberg. Detectives in Holland want to speak to him about the murder of Nicky Verstappen in August 1998.

The boy disappeared from a tent in Brunssum and his body was found in a plantation of fir trees the next day.

Although so far he is suspected of killing or attacking young boys, clinical psychologist Ron Bracey stressed that gender is not so important to paedophiles, making it quite possible that he could target a girl like Madeleine.

He said: “With paedophiles the gender of the child isn’t really that relevant. It’s quite possible he could have killed girls and boys.”

The thought that Madeleine may have been abducted by a paedophile, and is possibly still being abused, is Kate McCann’s worst fear, according to a newspaper interview yesterday. She was speaking in advance of her book, simply called Madeleine, which is published on Thursday.

Meanwhile a profile of Martin N began to emerge yesterday. German police interviewed him in 2004 after two boys complained they had been sexually attacked.

He was given a small fine but appeared before the courts again in 2006 when a man said Martin N had demanded 20,000 euros or he would tell police the man had child *advertiser censored* on his computer. Two years later Martin N was asked to supply a DNA sample for police but failed to keep the appointment.

It is believed that between 2000 and 2008 he worked for an evangelical church on a project for the homeless.

His mother is distraught about the police investigation and does not accept the boy she raised has grown into a monster. She describes him as “normal, a little timid and very attentive”.

She insists he never showed signs similar to “the cruelty necessary to commit these horrible crimes”, although a German magazine claims he was scarred by his father leaving the family when he was young.

At 21, the suspect finished a teacher training course and started to travel. Police know he visited Ecuador in 1993, Peru in 1995 and Portugal the following year. He has also made repeated trips to Holland and Denmark.

Police psychologist Alexander Horn said: “During his studies to be a school teacher he was a solid student, although not over-brilliant. No professor observed any behaviour that brought special attention, no evidence from work colleagues that recalled him as a violent person. In fact, quite the reverse.

“Everyone who has been his neighbour or has worked with him describes him as reliable, amiable, friendly and very intelligent. He was always disposed to help with a smile on his lips.”

There are suggestions, however, that in 1987 he sent letters threatening extortion to neighbouring families. One is alleged to have warned: “If you don’t follow our instructions, your children will die.”

His penalty involved doing social work for eight weeks. Five years later he went on to kill his first victim.

German police spokesman Anke Rieken said: “Every place that he has been, every person with whom he has been in contact could lead us to more victims.”

In this video of PF (the upstairs neighbour) at about 30s in, you can see a small grey car still parked next to MMs window of 5A, the same as described by the witness. I'd guess it probably belongs to a resident of the OC and has been accounted for.

Possibly the rental car driven by OC tourist, James Gorrod.

And those enigmatic things you mention, make me believe he was possibly illegally trafficking something. Drugs, *advertiser censored*, or possibly children ?

This is from 2011, bit of insight into MN

THIS is the man who has confessed to one child murder and is now facing questioning over the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The 40-year-old German youth worker, who we can name only as Martin N, is being questioned over at least three child murders and 40 suspected attacks on children across Europe.

He bears a striking resemblance to the photofit of a man seen holding a child in his arms just minutes after Madeleine was snatched from Praia da Luz.

He targeted children on holiday, entering their tents, apartments or villas, armed with a knife or gun and wearing a black balaclava and clothing. He also threatened to kidnap a child unless the parents paid a ransom.

Private detectives working for Kate and Gerry McCann will now try to discover if he was in Portugal when Madeleine vanished from the family’s apartment at the Algarve resort on May 3, 2007.

McCann spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “Our private investigators became aware of this man a month ago and they will be liaising with the German investigators. The investigation is at an early stage.”

In Germany he can be referred to only as Martin N because of its laws on naming suspects

German detectives will shortly question the child killer over the disappearance of six-year-old blond German boy Renee Hasse, snatched from the beautiful Amoreira beach near Aljezur on the Algarve in June 1996. The beach is some half an hour’s drive from Luz.

They believe Martin N was in Portugal that summer and are checking his passport and bank accounts to build up a complete picture of his movements over the past 20 years across Europe and South America.

They are trying to establish if the Hamburg-based youth worker, who is said to have used his good communication skills with children to lure his victims, was acting alone or was part of a ring of paedophiles.

He was arrested last month after a major police operation. In Germany he can be referred to only as Martin N because of its laws on naming suspects.

Officers say he has confessed to the murder of nine-year-old Dennis Klein, who vanished during a school field trip at the Lower Saxony coastal town of Cuxhaven on September 5, 2001.

Mushroom pickers discovered the child’s body about 15 miles away two weeks later but the killer’s trail had long gone cold. Earlier this year, a witness who saw a television programme about the case recalled seeing an estate car parked on a forest path at about 4.30am in early September 2001.

A boy who resembled Dennis was in the back seat and a man in the front. The brawny, bespectacled man, who looked to be in his early 30s, matched a description police had received of the suspect from sex abuse victims. He was dressed in black.

In 1992, police said that Martin N had kidnapped and killed 13-year-old Stefan Jahr.

A month earlier he had entered a youth hostel in Bremen, pointed a knife at a boy and ordered him to follow him.

The boy’s scream alerted a teacher who frightened the attacker off.

French police are believed to be about to question Martin about the fate of Jonathan Coulom, 11, who disappeared from a school hostel in St Brevin in the west of France. His body was found six weeks later, handcuffed and in his pyjamas in a pond 30 yards from the hostel.

This could be just the tip of the iceberg. Detectives in Holland want to speak to him about the murder of Nicky Verstappen in August 1998.

The boy disappeared from a tent in Brunssum and his body was found in a plantation of fir trees the next day.

Although so far he is suspected of killing or attacking young boys, clinical psychologist Ron Bracey stressed that gender is not so important to paedophiles, making it quite possible that he could target a girl like Madeleine.

He said: “With paedophiles the gender of the child isn’t really that relevant. It’s quite possible he could have killed girls and boys.”

The thought that Madeleine may have been abducted by a paedophile, and is possibly still being abused, is Kate McCann’s worst fear, according to a newspaper interview yesterday. She was speaking in advance of her book, simply called Madeleine, which is published on Thursday.

Meanwhile a profile of Martin N began to emerge yesterday. German police interviewed him in 2004 after two boys complained they had been sexually attacked.

He was given a small fine but appeared before the courts again in 2006 when a man said Martin N had demanded 20,000 euros or he would tell police the man had child *advertiser censored* on his computer. Two years later Martin N was asked to supply a DNA sample for police but failed to keep the appointment.

It is believed that between 2000 and 2008 he worked for an evangelical church on a project for the homeless.

His mother is distraught about the police investigation and does not accept the boy she raised has grown into a monster. She describes him as “normal, a little timid and very attentive”.

She insists he never showed signs similar to “the cruelty necessary to commit these horrible crimes”, although a German magazine claims he was scarred by his father leaving the family when he was young.

At 21, the suspect finished a teacher training course and started to travel. Police know he visited Ecuador in 1993, Peru in 1995 and Portugal the following year. He has also made repeated trips to Holland and Denmark.

Police psychologist Alexander Horn said: “During his studies to be a school teacher he was a solid student, although not over-brilliant. No professor observed any behaviour that brought special attention, no evidence from work colleagues that recalled him as a violent person. In fact, quite the reverse.

“Everyone who has been his neighbour or has worked with him describes him as reliable, amiable, friendly and very intelligent. He was always disposed to help with a smile on his lips.”

There are suggestions, however, that in 1987 he sent letters threatening extortion to neighbouring families. One is alleged to have warned: “If you don’t follow our instructions, your children will die.”

His penalty involved doing social work for eight weeks. Five years later he went on to kill his first victim.

German police spokesman Anke Rieken said: “Every place that he has been, every person with whom he has been in contact could lead us to more victims.”

Yes. And although NM was more likely into boys, i see similarities to CB, according to the known behavior.

Both are paedophile, thats known so far. Both are also keen on travelling.

But both know how to sneak into buildings to steal, without being recognized, because they spied out the crime scences carefully. Both used to do this in disguise, to carry out sexual acts on others without being recognizable.

Both were into making money either. CB into burglaries and other crimes, NM into blackmailing and even parenting an orphan. In germany you get paid for that and he never touched his "source of income", although it was a little boy. IMO very calculating behavior.

Both of them are trustworthy enough, to snatch children to order for making money. And therefore the sex of the victim is unimportant. And one of them even spoke about doing jobs the next day.

The similarities in the behavior make me think, CB could have developed his actions due to a role model oder mentor. We got two e-fits in the MM case, that look like MN and CB. Two single blond men lurking around from April 30th near the apartment, with german or dutch accent.

MN has been ruled out to be at the time in PDL. But has he been ruled out to be in portugal on may the 3rd at all? I'm pretty curious, whom MWT made out as the assumed second peado-caller, i must admit!

It was mentioned in Thread16 that a former resort employee recognised someone in grainy footage in the Netflix documentary whom she had cleared from the OC and saw hanging around with MN.

There are 2 possible pieces of footage
1. Cell-mate of João Cipriano
2. Man in white van at market stall selling t-shirts.

(The only still picture is the garage one we are familiar with which could be the back of CB.)

Sorry I can’t screenshot Netflix.

Episode 6 towards end: JC’s cell-mate was unidentifiable, he wore a black leather jacket with chest pockets. (Interesting comment from Metodo3 Julian that the guy was afraid of a gang to whom João had sold Joanna.)

Episode 7, 32m: guy in the white van at the market stall. I don’t know this guy but they obviously wanted to highlight him. Can anyone ID him?

Does someone got a link to the last full sky news FF interview? I would like to check the correct spelling from FF to the conviction of the so called "main witness" in another country.

I would like to check for another "lost in translation" - issue! Because the federal republic has 16 states, called "Bundesländer", often just called and written as "Land" or "Länder", what can be translated as "country", although the term "state" was ment.

CB and NM are convicted in different states of germany!

Does someone got a link to the last full sky news FF interview? I would like to check the correct spelling from FF to the conviction of the so called "main witness" in another country.

I would like to check for another "lost in translation" - issue! Because the federal republic has 16 states, called "Bundesländer", often just called and written as "Land" or "Länder", what can be translated as "country", although the term "state" was ment.

CB and NM are convicted in different states of germany!
Not sure if the full video interview has been released online. An extract of it can be seen here but doesn't appear to cover the sections you are interested in.

Madeleine McCann case: Christian B lawyer doubts witness credibility

Madeleine McCann: Suspect Christian B's lawyer says main witness against him is not reliable

Yes. And although NM was more likely into boys, i see similarities to CB, according to the known behavior.

Both are paedophile, thats known so far. Both are also keen on travelling.

But both know how to sneak into buildings to steal, without being recognized, because they spied out the crime scences carefully. Both used to do this in disguise, to carry out sexual acts on others without being recognizable.

Both were into making money either. CB into burglaries and other crimes, NM into blackmailing and even parenting an orphan. In germany you get paid for that and he never touched his "source of income", although it was a little boy. IMO very calculating behavior.

Both of them are trustworthy enough, to snatch children to order for making money. And therefore the sex of the victim is unimportant. And one of them even spoke about doing jobs the next day.

The similarities in the behavior make me think, CB could have developed his actions due to a role model oder mentor. We got two e-fits in the MM case, that look like MN and CB. Two single blond men lurking around from April 30th near the apartment, with german or dutch accent.

MN has been ruled out to be at the time in PDL. But has he been ruled out to be in portugal on may the 3rd at all? I'm pretty curious, whom MWT made out as the assumed second peado-caller, i must admit!
There's a lot more info about . Him Now, as that post was from 2011, think he broke into apartments where young girls were too. And I'm sure he was in PDL in 2007.

In July 1998, a startling discovery was made in the NL: several computers in an apartment in the NL set up for trafficking paedo images. Severe images also involving babies.
The computers were discovered after a tip-off, because at that time, police had no knowledge and no means to detect such stuff.
A number of the images (most? all? have no idea?) were made at an orphanage on Jersey, at Haut de la Garenne.
The owner of the PC's kept a personal male prostitute(?) (schandknaap in Dutch) who in the end shot him dead (by mistake or not?) in Italy.
The male prostitute was Belgian. Etc etc.
Nieuwsselectie: Bijvoegsel

A lot has been going on in paedo-land for decades.

MN is known to have travelled regularly to Holland:
Police know Ney visited Ecuador in 1993, Peru in 1995 and Portugal the following year. He has also made repeated trips to Holland and Denmark.
New Madeleine McCann suspect: German paedophile was in Portugal when she vanished
There used to be a young boys brothel back then in the Netherlands. Known to paedo's and probably also known to MN.
And there is more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member