Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a reach and probably doesn’t mean anything, but CB’s sketch that has been released looks like it has been drawn over a note/letter of some sort. It looks like there is writing on the other side which is peeping through the drawing. I’ve changed the contrast on my phone and it’s clearer
If only the writing could be deciphered....

Overhere they say CB made that draining himself, so yes it is his signature

If only the writing could be deciphered....

I've tried changing the settings to see if it could be any more obvious but I don't think it's possible to make it readable! I guess if it was anything notable the police would have it.

Bad guys can be connected to MM's disappearance, of course. We have lots of them. CB told more than once he knows what happened and I believe him. But, personally, given evidence and profiles available, I'd more readily bet on RM than CB. But both can be connected. Until we know what happened, no one can exclude anyone. Some people can escape for the sole reason that no solid evidence can be found, not because they're innocent. Anyway, I never believed CB acted alone. So nothing will be clear up until we know exactly what he did.

Did we miss this ? or did I just forget!

"This is the man I saw"

A British witness claims to have recognized the suspect after a report by the "Sun" on Saturday. He is said to have behaved strangely near the McCann family's apartment at the time. The newspaper calls the woman a "credible witness" who is said to have described the man a few hours after the little girl disappeared at the holiday resort in Portugal. 400 neue Hinweise im Fall Maddie: Zeugin will Christian B. wiedererkannt haben
The witness referred to in that report is IMO the female UK tourist JW.

Last edited:
I've tried changing the settings to see if it could be any more obvious but I don't think it's possible to make it readable! I guess if it was anything notable the police would have it.
It is a good spot though, and could mean he’s trying to send a message to someone.... you would normally draw or write over a blank page not a used one. Or could be that a letter was smuggled out with the drawing for someone else’s attention.

See, I told you in a few days we’d be doing this! o_O

It is a good spot though, and could mean he’s trying to send a message to someone.... you would normally draw or write over a blank page not a used one. Or could be that a letter was smuggled out with the drawing for someone else’s attention.

Haha - I did think of you before posting! Ashamed that I have come to this o_O

Bad guys can be connected to MM's disappearance, of course. We have lots of them. CB told more than once he knows what happened and I believe him. But, personally, given evidence and profiles available, I'd more readily bet on RM than CB. But both can be connected. Until we know what happened, no one can exclude anyone. Some people can escape for the sole reason that no solid evidence can be found, not because they're innocent. Anyway, I never believed CB acted alone. So nothing will be clear up until we know exactly what he did.
What makes you think RM out of curiosity? I do agree, I think if CB is not guilty he still at least knows what happened/knows who did it even if he wasn’t involved.

The witness referred to in that report is IMO the female UK tourist JW.
Who is this female JW? Can you link who you mean? Sorry, have no idea who you are talking about.

Last edited:
What makes you think RM out of curiosity? I do agree, I think if CB is not guilty he still at least knows what happened/knows who did it even if he wasn’t involved.

I agree. Take it as my personal opinion.

Who is this female JW? Can you link who you mean? Sorry, have no idea who you are talking about.
Here is an MSM link which names female witness JW (although it gets her firstname wrong). She was staying in block 4.
"The force also failed to follow up on information from P and J W, pals of the T's, who said they had seen a pock-faced man hanging around the McCanns’ apartment twice that week"
Why did Madeleine McCann cops waste years investigating GP sighting?

Here is an MSM link which names female witness JW (although it gets her firstname wrong). She was staying in block 4.
"The force also failed to follow up on information from P and J W, pals of the T's, who said they had seen a pock-faced man hanging around the McCanns’ apartment twice that week"
Why did Madeleine McCann cops waste years investigating GP sighting?
Ah, ok. I recall who you mean now, thanks. Could be her I suppose. I was sure the initial reports indicated it was CT who recognised CB opening the gate but I can't seem to find any statement to that now. Either I've misinterpreted it previously or the article contents have been amended since.

Ah, ok. I recall who you mean now, thanks. Could be her I suppose. I was sure the initial reports indicated it was CT who recognised CB opening the gate but I can't seem to find any statement to that now. Either I've misinterpreted it previously or the article contents have been amended since.

Female witness CT saw a man going out a gate.
Female witness JW saw a man in the street on 2 occasions, reenacted in this video at 1:36 until 2:29, the woman is playing witness JW.

Last edited:

Perhaps the letter on the back is where the info about his meals etc. has come from. I don't think the original article explained how Bild came into possession of the document, did it?

I was looking for info on the 2007 burglaries after Redplanet's post, and happened upon this BBC article from 2014.

It has some details on the break-ins/sexual assaults of mainly British preadolescent girls. I'm not aware of reading this info in the 17 threads although it may have been summarised in other media reports.

Anyway, interesting.

"Overall, nine of the 18 break-ins involved alleged sexual assaults against British girls aged six to 12.

Three took place in Praia da Luz, five in Carvoeiro, nine in Albufeira and one in Vilamoura."

Also:

"Detectives said last month that the lone intruder was described as tanned with dark hair.

They said the man was bare-chested in some of the attacks, and some witnesses said he had a pot belly. Three victims said he had a "noticeable odour".

Two of the families said the intruder had worn a distinctive burgundy long-sleeved top, and one family said the top had a white circle on the back.

The man was said to have spoken English slowly, with a foreign accent."

Madeleine police probe 18 break-ins

I do recall a new WS member who joined not long after me posting something cryptic about the distinctive burgundy top? Something linked to a gang?? Sorry can't recall exactly the details.

Also, "bare-chested." Someone who liked to sneak in naked sounds familiar. Dark hair could be a wig. Smelly like "Chris Diesel" or "The Screwdriver"?

Anyway, I guess we'll keep revisiting the acres of info/theories while we wait for the Germans to charge CB.

Of all the nonsense about this case down the years - I think this was by far the most interesting development

Perhaps the letter on the back is where the info about his meals etc. has come from. I don't think the original article explained how Bild came into possession of the document, did it?

No idea how the media got in possession of it, perhaps FF released it to “humanise” CB more. But it’s a mystery how the media have now got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member