Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a call would alarm him, misty, not make him euphoric. And it's quite unlikely CB was in Germany at the time (posted before).
I agree it would have alarmed him - hence the nature of his outburst when memories may have been heightened by the TV programme. How do we know where he was in early May 2017, given the rate of his movements between Spain, Germany & Portugal in late April-June 2007?

I must admit, that i'm pretty confused at the moment.

Confused in the way of the circumstances, that have been made public by using the media. HCW and FF are handling the case by using foreign media, just kind of exclusive. Seems unusual, german media does not even have got that progressive appearence.

Please delete my post if it may break the rules of WS, but could the CB-MM-Case maybe the hanger for a much bigger case now, in correlation to missing kids over europe?

That all looks odd to me! I used to work in prosecution - "business" and the way it is handled seems unusual to me.

Is HCW really just only investigating the MM-case?

Is HCW really just only investigating the MM-case?

Yes and there's not enough evidence to charge except some witness accounts, hence the massive media fishing exercise.
The length of time investigating doesn't suggest a wider ring to me, (never the case imo) but just a lengthy period since 2016 scratching around for info on CB and MM which hasn't yielded very much at all.

JMO

I think all the info being passed down through the media getting misconstrued and translation issues is causing issues for the German LE. The MM case is still so ‘relevant’ in the U.K. and it’s been sensationalised, media clutching straws and making any headlines. If CB is not charged now it will look so bad on the German LE.
I think it's always going to be a massive problem trying to establish a proper timeline of a frequent, border crossing drifter who has known associates in many European Countries, all of different nationalities. It's a headache just browsing the bits of info that is out there already. I have read many many different articles re CB. It pains me to realise, it is all the same information that is printed in many many different versions of who, what and where! My head is burnt out X

"Christian B’s lawyer Friedrich Fulscher was in Portugal last week looking for witnesses he believes can clear his client of links to Madeleine, we can also reveal.
He met Portuguese former police chief Goncalo Amaral who led the hunt for Madeleine, then three, when she vanished in Praia da Luz"
Maddie prosecutors say there'll be no major progress before next year in probe

Eagerly awaiting the next installment from this :rolleyes:

I agree it would have alarmed him - hence the nature of his outburst when memories may have been heightened by the TV programme. How do we know where he was in early May 2017, given the rate of his movements between Spain, Germany & Portugal in late April-June 2007?

I don't know. All I know for sure is that he was in Portugal in September 2016 and in early June 2017. At this time he had a room rented in Portimão and had a jail sentence pending in Germany (and an Interpol warrant in force). So I think it would be too risky to travel to Germany. Also the mystery friend from May 3, 2017 seems now clear it's HB, so German bar must be a literary fantasy.

Last edited:
I don't know. All I know for sure is that he was in Portugal in September 2016 and in early June 2017. At this time he had a room rented in Portimão and had a jail sentence pending in Germany (and an Interpol warrant in force). So I think it would be too risky to travel to Germany. Also the mystery friend from May 3, 2017 seems now clear it's HB, so German bar must be a literary fantasy.

Agree. CB was also said to have shown the guy in the bar the rape video, which was on the camera that HB & MF took (& destroyed the video) in 2006.

In that SKY News Special Report (11/09/2020) Martin Brunt made reference to a suspect 'in another Country' who was the focus of an undercover investigation at the exact time HB contacted SY implicating CB.
I wish to know more about it! X

Could British Police put someone under surveillance even with the aid of a cooperating police force?

Could be anyone but Stefan T is one option.

He was already released when he called the grange team. He even mentioned that the reason he couldn't travel abroad was because of his early release from jail- i don't know how it works in other countries but in Greece if you are released earlier you have to attend every month the closest police station.

If he was working in jail, which many inmates do, his sentence could be cut by half.
Are you saying that he was released in April or beginning May 2017?

Because according to Greek media (and if translated correctly) he was released "a few weeks" before the end of August.
Η Σκότλαντ Γιαρντ ψάχνει το «μυστικό» της μικρής Μαντλίν στην Αθήνα - Ειδήσεις - νέα - Το Βήμα Online

Finally, the 50-year-old was released from the prisons of Chania in the summer of 2017
Στην Ελλάδα «τμήμα» της έρευνας για την εξαφάνιση της μικρής Μαντλίν – Αποκαλυπτικά έγγραφα - LarissaPress

May 3rd 2017 he was released from jail.
May 3rd is not in summer

Could you explain some more?

Last edited:

Because according to Greek media (and if translated correctly) he was released "a few weeks" before the end of August.
Η Σκότλαντ Γιαρντ ψάχνει το «μυστικό» της μικρής Μαντλίν στην Αθήνα - Ειδήσεις - νέα - Το Βήμα Online

Finally, the 50-year-old was released from the prisons of Chania in the summer of 2017
Στην Ελλάδα «τμήμα» της έρευνας για την εξαφάνιση της μικρής Μαντλίν – Αποκαλυπτικά έγγραφα - LarissaPress

May 3rd is not in summer
Depends on what is being described, say you was going on holiday abroad (from UK) the summer season is from the 1st May to the 31st October, if you refer by season, may is spring

May 3rd is not in summer

In the original police files the photos of which were uploaded on Ta Nea website the date when he was released is given as the 3rd of May 2017. In Greece May could be considered early summer. Operation grange noted in their communication with the greek authorities that he was already released from prison when he phoned them sometime in May. I don't know where the greek press get their information from. What is also mentioned in this press article you quote in to vima, is that HB met with detectives of SY in Athens in August.

If someone could find better analysis photos of the greek police files I should be able to give definitive answers about the dates mentioned. I will try to translate both documents later today.

Last edited:
In the original police files the photos of which were uploaded on Ta Nea website the date when he was released is given as the 3rd of May 2017. In Greece May could be considered early summer. Operation grange noted in their communication with the greek authorities that he was already released from prison when he phoned them sometime in May. I don't know where the greek press get their information from. What is also mentioned in this press article you quote in to vima, is that HB met with detectives of SY in Athens in August.

C.greek, a police report was issued on July 18, 2017 and so an encounter must have happened before. There may have happened more encounters or talks thereafter, August 2017 included.

C.greek, a police report was issued on July 18, 2017 and so an encounter must have happened before. There may have happened more encounters or talks thereafter, August 2017 included.
I will translate the documents asap. The first police report is a request to locate the individual who contacted the grange operation team, giving information provided by SY(via the Greek police office in London)

Could British Police put someone under surveillance even with the aid of a cooperating police force?

Could be anyone but Stefan T is one option.
I suppose they could do. I mean, undercover basically is in disguise. Police will enrol on courses, attend job interviews etc. Whatever is needed re undercover cases. However, my initial thought was that the other suspect is probably a British National.. Portugal not only attracts European paedo's and weirdo's, but also lotts of British ex-pats and their families! X

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member