Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be irrelevant or the HB timing a coincidence and I think we've mentioned this before but it could be more relevant now. Reported in Nov 2017 Op Grange set off for Bulgaria RE- Purple woman LT and her "German husband", who worked at OC and was also a car painter in Lagos. ( his nationality is Bulgarian in PJ files) He left the country soon after MM disappeared allegedly.

"What has sparked police interest are reports that the Bulgarian woman’s German husband, who has since died, was a convicted paedophile."

Hunt for Missing UK Child Moves to Bulgaria

P.J. POLICE FILES: LOUISA MARIA CAMARA TODOROV

P.J. POLICE FILES: STEFAN KOTSEV TODOROV

Madeleine McCann: Waitress denies she is 'woman in purple' | | Express Digest

The Bulgarian woman mentioned in connection with HB is not the same woman as the woman mentioned in the PJ files.

I'm being sloppy not reading enough posts Shark - any link to the Bulgarian woman pls?

Here is a Greek article about HB incl. 2 images of the Greek court papers concerning HB. There are some details that can be found there, a couple of names and also quite importantly the date 03/05/2017 - It needs confirming by someone that can translate Greek, but it could well be the date the report was originally made - On the 10th anniversary

Αποκαλυπτικά έγγραφα για την εξαφάνιση της Μαντλίν – Τi είχε δείξει έρευνα στην Ελλάδα για γερμανό ποινικό

Google Translate

Thx @BIZCOCHO for this link.

Here is a Greek article about HB incl. 2 images of the Greek court papers concerning HB. There are some details that can be found there, a couple of names and also quite importantly the date 03/05/2017 - It needs confirming by someone that can translate Greek, but it could well be the date the report was originally made - On the 10th anniversary

Αποκαλυπτικά έγγραφα για την εξαφάνιση της Μαντλίν – Τi είχε δείξει έρευνα στην Ελλάδα για γερμανό ποινικό

Google Translate

Thanks Shark / BIZCOCHO :)

Google Translate

Sorry, crossed lines here I think.
The 'Bulgarian' mention just alerted me to the couple who had worked at the OC. Nothing to do with the 'Bulgarian phone woman'

I just wondered whether HB mentioned the OC couple in his chat to Police in the summer of 2017 and that's why they were in Bulgaria in 2017 trying to track down 'purple woman' and her alleged Paedo (now dead, car painter, OC employee husband?

They're talking about Euclides Monteiro (if you mean podcast from #900).
Yes that's the one. but how could they say the DNA was not a match so they ruled him out?? DNA to compare with what ? I didn't think they dad DNA ?am I missing something ?

Yes this is what I have been wondering about as well. Potential explanations

1. The person in the bar is someone else - e.g. MS? We know he made various comments about MM down the years
2. It was misreported somehow? Wrong info?
3. That story was invented to protect HB?

That's literary ornamentation. It's quite unlikely CB was in a German bar commenting MM's disappearance with friends on a notable date at a time he had a jail sentence pending on him in Germany and an Interpol warrant issued in August 2016.

Sorry, the correct translation was here:
Scotland Yard is looking for Madeleine’s secret in Athens - Keep Talking Greece
"HE was released form prison a few weeks ago and he allegedly used a cell phone registered to a woman, national of a Balkan country, and resident of Agios Panteleimonas district of Athens."

So he called SY from Athens using the cell phone of a Bulgarian woman? But he still had to be brought to justice in Corfu.

Some interesting quotes:

“voluntarily and without any financial or other consideration, information about the case that has been cross-checked

Information to police isn't expected to have any gain for informant. So why they bother mentioning? Maybe they're hiding an exchange terms as he was sentenced 7 years and 5 months in 2015 and was released in 2017.

He claimed that he had contacted the local police back then but there was no further investigation.

Highly unlikely. I think he wants to wash his face and make believe he didn't wait 10 years to give information.

4.5 years since the Braunschweig plot was dug up.

Put it in perspective. That's the same length of time as a newborn growing up and going on to start primary school!

3 years since HB made his statement.

Where's the evidence, if any?

Have OG been not been sharing their info with BKK and they've only just joined the dots this year?

Let's be realistic, this seems to be going nowhere apart from a media frenzy 'connecting' CB to other crimes.

JMO

Last edited:

Put it in perspective. That's the same length of time as a newborn growing up and going on to start primary school!

Have OG been not been sharing their info with BKK and they've only just joined the dots?

Let's be realistic, this seems to be going nowhere apart from a media frenzy 'connecting' CB to other crimes.

JMO
Sadly it seems this way currently but I still think there is something the German prosecutors aren’t telling.

Sadly it seems this way currently but I still think there is something the German prosecutors aren’t telling.

I'm not so sure anymore.

If HB told Op Grange about MM and the rape in 2017 it took 2 years to get the rape conviction.

If there was any photo evidence of MM from Braunschweig in 2006, coupled with HB's statement, why did BKK only go public with CB 3 years later?

IMO there's no photo evidence of MM at all and they gathered almost zilch info during those 3 years.

Let's not forget CB was also questioned about MM in Germany in 2013 after a 'tip off' - Maybe there's a discrepancy in CB's statement and that's all.

JMO

Last edited:
Of course not, Ted.

Anyone in possession of such pictures would be immediately arrested and charged at once in any European country, North America and Australia at least. I'm not too sure about the rest of the world, but I guess they wouldn't be safe anywhere.

Last edited:

Have OG been not been sharing their info with BKK and they've only just joined the dots this year?

JMO

I thought also that the Sky interview between HCW & Brunt and was walking things back quite a lot compared with the original PR drop.

Not surprising as Brunt will have pushed, and it was a set piece interview

To me it feels like a fishing expedition. They like this guy for the crime, but they don't have the evidence.

Risk is, it's all an echo chamber. Was CB merely bragging to his criminal mate while wasted at a festival?

Who knows.

I thought also that the Sky interview between HCW & Brunt and was walking things back quite a lot compared with the original PR drop.

Not surprising as Brunt will have pushed, and it was a set piece interview

To me it feels like a fishing expedition. They like this guy for the crime, but they don't have the evidence.

Risk is, it's all an echo chamber. Was CB merely bragging to his criminal mate while wasted at a festival?

Who knows.

Possibly CB could have been bragging about it but didn't commit it.
It happens, especially if he wanted some kind of kudos among his dodgy friends.

Last edited:
It is possible although I don't see how a human trafficker such as HB could have such empathy for any person's suffering this type of abuse. He would have to be equally outraged at himself for the illegal transporting of such victims! I think the timing of him coming forward coincides more with his own arrest and conviction X
Yes he is not a very good person at all, however, he was illegally transporting people ie Trafficking is not the same as migrant smuggling. Migrant smuggling involves the illegal movement across border for profit. While it may involve deception and/or abusive treatment, the purpose of migrant smuggling is to profit from the movement, not eventual exploitation. yes it is not right, however so so many people pay sadly for this, My good friend from Albania years ago paid lots of money to guys like this to go to Italy, not all people smugglers would be accepting of child trafficking for dubious reasons, or would they be ok with rape and murder of a child or anyone, yes these people are not good people ar all, look at some of the most hardened criminals in prison? most have some form of code of conduct :eek::)

Yes he is not a very good person at all, however, he was illegally transporting people ie Trafficking is not the same as migrant smuggling. Migrant smuggling involves the illegal movement across border for profit. While it may involve deception and/or abusive treatment, the purpose of migrant smuggling is to profit from the movement, not eventual exploitation

^ Yes, that's a fair point/distinction. Neither is a good look but the former (illegally transporting vulnerable people for monetary gain) is certainly the lesser of the two evils.

I do think HB's criminal activities are being *carefully downplayed though in order to package him and present him as a credible witness.

Which, I guess, is understandable, if that's all the prosecution has.

*Mendel's #946 post above
“voluntarily and without any financial or other consideration, information about the case that has been cross-checked

Last edited:
Possibly CB could have been bragging about it but didn't commit it.
It happens, especially if he wanted some kind of kudos among his dodgy friends.

He trusted them - they saw the rape & got rid of the evidence for him. It’s beginning to look like CB’s a lone wolf & did this for himself alone. Seems like the only evidence BKA have is CB’s confession to HB re abduction & murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08