Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the first articles it was said that CB had left the farmhouse in Sitio das Lajes for a while and rented the place to a German, and that when CB returned he didn't treat good and kicked the person out.
Who could it be? And when?
Do you remember?

In the first articles it was said that CB had left the farmhouse in Sitio das Lajes for a while and rented the place to a German, and that when CB returned he didn't treat good and kicked the person out.
Who could it be? And when?
Do you remember?

This from the Sun, 5th June

Another added: “He had a fall-out with another German he sub-let the place to for around six months.

“He treated him very badly".

Madeleine McCann suspect's mystery phone call an hour before she vanished 'came from man named Diogo Silva'

This part of the article changes depending on which translator is used. Can anyone get a consistent translation? Please

20 Ιουλίου 2017 σημειωνόταν ότι ο συγκεκριμένος Γερμανός είχε φυλακισθεί στις 9 Απριλίου 2015 στα Χανιά και χρησιμοποιούσε από τον Οκτώβριο του 2016 ένα κινητό κάτοχος του οποίου εμφανιζόταν μια γυναίκας βουλγαρικής καταγωγής που έμενε σε παροδο της οδού Λιοσίων.

Did HB use a cell phone registered in the Bulgarian woman's name or was he calling a Bulgarian woman since 2016? Did she live on the street? Is her name Irene?
The photos of police documents appear in the Greek news.

Αποκαλυπτικά έγγραφα για την εξαφάνιση της Μαντλίν – Τi είχε δείξει έρευνα στην Ελλάδα για γερμανό ποινικό

I wonder if it was 2 separate people who contacted the police re CB's connection to Madeleine's disappearance? i.e. if CB spoke twice about being involved in her disappearance to two different people.
What I mean:
1. In 2008 he told HB at Skite fest but HB did nothing, maybe even he did not believe
2. In 2017 CB told the story in a bar to a different person
3. HB contacting SY has nothing to do with the bar story or HB knows the bar person and was reminded of the 2008 incidence.

This part of the article changes depending on which translator is used. Can anyone get a consistent translation? Please

20 Ιουλίου 2017 σημειωνόταν ότι ο συγκεκριμένος Γερμανός είχε φυλακισθεί στις 9 Απριλίου 2015 στα Χανιά και χρησιμοποιούσε από τον Οκτώβριο του 2016 ένα κινητό κάτοχος του οποίου εμφανιζόταν μια γυναίκας βουλγαρικής καταγωγής που έμενε σε παροδο της οδού Λιοσίων.

Did HB use a cell phone registered in the Bulgarian woman's name or was he calling a Bulgarian woman since 2016? Did she live on the street? Is her name Irene?
The photos of police documents appear in the Greek news.

Αποκαλυπτικά έγγραφα για την εξαφάνιση της Μαντλίν – Τi είχε δείξει έρευνα στην Ελλάδα για γερμανό ποινικό

Sorry, the correct translation was here:
Scotland Yard is looking for Madeleine’s secret in Athens - Keep Talking Greece
"HE was released form prison a few weeks ago and he allegedly used a cell phone registered to a woman, national of a Balkan country, and resident of Agios Panteleimonas district of Athens."

So he called SY from Athens using the cell phone of a Bulgarian woman? But he still had to be brought to justice in Corfu.

Last edited:
Sorry, the correct translation was here:
Scotland Yard is looking for Madeleine’s secret in Athens - Keep Talking Greece
"HE was released form prison a few weeks ago and he allegedly used a cell phone registered to a woman, national of a Balkan country, and resident of Agios Panteleimonas district of Athens."

So he called SY from Athens using the cell phone of a Bulgarian woman? But he still had to be brought to justice in Corfu.
He used that phone while in jail. If I remember well he was in Crete?
I'll look it up.

Yes, he was imprisoned in Chania which is a city in Crete. But according to the press, after being released he also appeared in court in Corfu.

Yes, he was imprisoned in Chania which is a city in Crete. But according to the press, after being released he also appeared in court in Corfu.
I've looked it up:
HB
- has permanent residence in France
- Francophile with ties to Corsica
- 2007 was in Algarve
- 2011, April, arrested in Brindisi for social unrest
- 2011(?) lived in Athens
- 2011 arrested in Igoumenitsa, Corfu, for transporting migrants from Africa, but was released soon after
- 2015 arrested in Thessaloniki for transporting 3 migrants in Corfu and sentenced to 7+ yrs.
- 2015, April 9th, in prison in Chania, Crete, and released in July 2017
- 2016, as from Oct. he uses cell phone of a Balkan woman
- 2017 (May) used the cell phone of a Balkan woman residing in Athens to contact Operation Grange about MM
- 2017 (July) released from prison in Chania, Crete
- 2017 lived in Lamia (NW from Athens) after his release

Main sources:
Η Σκότλαντ Γιαρντ ψάχνει το «μυστικό» της μικρής Μαντλίν στην Αθήνα - Ειδήσεις - νέα - Το Βήμα Online
Στην Ελλάδα «τμήμα» της έρευνας για την εξαφάνιση της μικρής Μαντλίν – Αποκαλυπτικά έγγραφα - LarissaPress

I wonder if it was 2 separate people who contacted the police re CB's connection to Madeleine's disappearance? i.e. if CB spoke twice about being involved in her disappearance to two different people.
What I mean:
1. In 2008 he told HB at Skite fest but HB did nothing, maybe even he did not believe
2. In 2017 CB told the story in a bar to a different person
3. HB contacting SY has nothing to do with the bar story or HB knows the bar person and was reminded of the 2008 incidence.

Yes this is what I have been wondering about as well. Potential explanations

1. The person in the bar is someone else - e.g. MS? We know he made various comments about MM down the years
2. It was misreported somehow? Wrong info?
3. That story was invented to protect HB?

Re the ongoing work of Operation Grange, we in fact know that they have formally interviewed / spoken with numerous witnesses down the years.

For example crecheman and now HB

This is why we shouldn't make assumptions as to who they have spoken to, especially informally.

In my own experience, I once gave a detailed multi-hour interview as a witness in a fraud case. This was negotiated into a text which i eventually signed. However from time to time the investigating detective would call me to ask follow up questions, or ask if I knew about something else he was looking at. He obviously took notes of these discussions. I would be hugely surprised if these kinds of discussions have not been happening in relation to lines of inquiry. No one would ever find out about them except via discovery.

So for example, when CB emerged as a strong suspect, I would not be at all surprised if Grange asked some of the UK based witnesses about him.

Just because we have no way to know about such activities, we shouldn't assume sensible police work has not been occurring.

The timeline as it stands, supports the theory that LE have footage/images of MM. The discovery of the USB sticks was immediately followed by his friends all being questioned.

His friends, as witnesses, will get torn apart in a court for not speaking earlier and continuing their association with CB. I think Seyferth has alzheimers which makes him a difficult witness to rely on.

IMO, CB cannot be the prime suspect based solely on the word of HB, but by what was discovered since the information was received. It seems to me that CB is involved somehow OR is being framed. Either way, the information appears credible to LE and the 1 clear fact in all of this is that HB is the person who knew at least 'something' re MM disappearance. Could it be that MM was not taken during a botched burglary but was actually targeted by human traffickers after all?? I have never believed that theory to be of relevance but HB entering the frame does make it seem more plausible? X

Last edited:
I wonder if the impetus for HB to start talking was CB’s conviction in March 2017 for abuse of his exgirlfriend’s daughter. Perhaps that made the 2008 confession real & he talked to someone who encouraged him to contact police, possibly the Bulgarian woman.

I've looked it up:
HB
- has permanent residence in France
- Francophile with ties to Corsica
- 2007 was in Algarve
- 2011, April, arrested in Brindisi for social unrest
- 2011(?) lived in Athens
- 2011 arrested in Igoumenitsa, Corfu, for transporting migrants from Africa, but was released soon after
- 2015 arrested in Thessaloniki for transporting 3 migrants in Corfu and sentenced to 7+ yrs.
- 2015, April 9th, in prison in Chania, Crete, and released in July 2017
- 2016, as from Oct. he uses cell phone of a Balkan woman
- 2017 (May) used the cell phone of a Balkan woman residing in Athens to contact Operation Grange about MM
- 2017 (July) released from prison in Chania, Crete
- 2017 lived in Lamia (NW from Athens) after his release

Main sources:
Η Σκότλαντ Γιαρντ ψάχνει το «μυστικό» της μικρής Μαντλίν στην Αθήνα - Ειδήσεις - νέα - Το Βήμα Online
Στην Ελλάδα «τμήμα» της έρευνας για την εξαφάνιση της μικρής Μαντλίν – Αποκαλυπτικά έγγραφα - LarissaPress

This may be irrelevant or the HB timing a coincidence and I think we've mentioned this before but it could be more relevant now. Reported in Nov 2017 Op Grange set off for Bulgaria RE- Purple woman LT and her "German husband", who worked at OC and was also a car painter in Lagos. ( his nationality is Bulgarian in PJ files) He left the country soon after MM disappeared allegedly.

"What has sparked police interest are reports that the Bulgarian woman’s German husband, who has since died, was a convicted paedophile."

Hunt for Missing UK Child Moves to Bulgaria

P.J. POLICE FILES: LOUISA MARIA CAMARA TODOROV

P.J. POLICE FILES: STEFAN KOTSEV TODOROV

Madeleine McCann: Waitress denies she is 'woman in purple' | | Express Digest

Last edited:
This is interesting, the text is discussing the SY budget and taxpayers' expenditure but IMO is written by a foreigner? I wonder who wrote this text? This is written by a non-journalist.

I just linked the first article that came up, originally from DM I believe. I have no interest in what the article says about SY budget, I'm simply linking it as it mentions the OC employees - JUST TO BE CLEAR on that!

Madeleine McCann: Waitress denies she is 'woman in purple' | Daily Mail Online

I just wondered whether this couple may have been mentioned by HB at the time of his 'chat' to OP Grange?

"It comes after the revelation last month that police had identified a key “person of significance” in a shock new development.

A source close to Scotland Yard’s search Operation Grange said the person is now a “critical line of inquiry” in the investigation, according to The Times."

UK police are chasing a strong new lead in the Madeleine McCann disappearance, this time in Bulgaria

Last edited:
I wonder if the impetus for HB to start talking was CB’s conviction in March 2017 for abuse of his exgirlfriend’s daughter. Perhaps that made the 2008 confession real & he talked to someone who encouraged him to contact police, possibly the Bulgarian woman.
It is possible although I don't see how a human trafficker such as HB could have such empathy for any person's suffering this type of abuse. He would have to be equally outraged at himself for the illegal transporting of such victims! I think the timing of him coming forward coincides more with his own arrest and conviction X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08