Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Through the years, the one piece of potential evidence that stuck with me was the Batchelor who came forward to say he saw, or was told of, Maddy at a “party.” He was scared and knew that by coming forward he was putting himself in a hard position. I always thought that was credible because the implication was that he was into something quite depraved himself.

Maybe. Hmm. It was violent apparently. People saw her with marks on her neck and apparently he beat her.

Madeleine McCann kidnap suspect Christian Brückner may walk free this week due to lack of evidence, fear cops
Investigators are said to be looking for a German woman who is believed to have stayed with Brückner in a farmhouse near Praia da Luz in 2007 but walked out on him before Madeleine's disappearance. That residence is just 25 minutes away from the hotel where the three-year-old was staying.

They also want to speak to an underage Kosovan ex-girlfriend who lived with him in Braunschweig and may have returned to Portugal with him during his most recent trip around five years ago.

Last edited:
I have followed this case minutely since start. Never heard of this.

Are you referring to his doctor friend who went to the police to say that Gerry made an inappropriate comment about Maddie using sexual overtones during some dinner in the UK. Its called the Gaspar statement in the files. Yes it was brave of a colleague to make the statement.

No. Nothing to do with the family. It was a new witness - partying on an island. He was very sheepish and shook up. The implication being that he had to come forward but he was compromised by doing so and that Maddie had been sold into a pedophile ring.

I have followed this case minutely since start. Never heard of this.

Are you referring to his doctor friend who went to the police to say that Gerry made an inappropriate comment about Maddie using sexual overtones during some dinner in the UK. Its called the Gaspar statement in the files. Yes it was brave of a colleague to make the statement. You can google Gaspar and MCCann and the statement is online to read

This one...

Missing Madeleine McCann 'was spotted alive weeks ago'

Thanks for posting this link, I'm also reading at a German forum and forgot to post this, just posted the other one and went back to reading. Too much information at once.

A quote from the Wiki page:

"Amaral was not present during the alleged assault, but was accused of having covered up for other officers; he was convicted of having falsified police documents in the case and received an eighteen-month suspended sentence."

"Detectives are looking for an ‘underage Kosovan girl’ thought to be the ex-partner of the latest suspect in the Madeleine McCann investigation – who could be free from jail as early as Sunday. It is thought the woman stayed with Christian Brueckner in a house near Praia da Luz, Portugal before the three-year-old girl vanished in May 2007. Police think the ex-girlfriend may have left the area before the disappearance while Brueckner stayed at the coastal resort town, possibly in a caravan. Detectives hope finding her will help them learn more about the suspect’s movements from his home at the Algarve farmhouse, which was a 25 minute walk from the hotel where Madeleine’s family were staying."

Read more: Hunt for Madeleine McCann suspect's 'underage Kosovan girlfriend' | Metro News

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: Metro

o_O I am struggling with how to quote here I think the forum has changed since I posted a few years ago. Any advice appreciated.

What bothers me, is if a part (or a lot!) of this investigation involves people coming forward who know something or witnessed certain illegal events; how likely is that?
Then again, if true, the drinking companion seemed to have a conscience.

Other reports are the footage of the American woman's tape was found in a video camera that was borrired rather than a confession. Also sometimes paedophiles don't always cover their tracks very well as they are so sick they don't think what they are doing is wrong.

Through the years, the one piece of potential evidence that stuck with me was the Batchelor who came forward to say he saw, or was told of, Maddy at a “party.” He was scared and knew that by coming forward he was putting himself in a hard position. I always thought that was credible because the implication was that he was into something quite depraved himself.

Never heard of this either.

Someone else mentioned Alisha Macphail. Obviously not related. But the perp was an opportunist burglar looking for weed. Saw the child and took her. So burglars can and do take children, albeit rare.

A party where? I’m interested in this bit of information..

Did anyone else pick up on this line in the latest Mail article?

"The authorities also believe they know which mobile phone he used on May 3, 2007, 'with a probability bordering on certainty.'

The girl disappeared between 9:10 p.m. and 10 p.m. Calls were made during that period of time on the mobile phone in Praia da Luz."

You'd think the police would have a lot of information gathered about this phone by now. Including who he phoned and ping locations tracking his movements. Interesting that they're only asking for information about the 30 minute call that finshed at 8pm and nothing about the calls when the abduction was supposedly taking place.

Sounds like they know a lot more than what we are being told but don't quite have enough evidence just yet to prove beyond doubt that this was his phone.

Did anyone else pick up on this line in the latest Mail article?

"The authorities also believe they know which mobile phone he used on May 3, 2007, 'with a probability bordering on certainty.'

The girl disappeared between 9:10 p.m. and 10 p.m. Calls were made during that period of time on the mobile phone in Praia da Luz."

You'd think the police would have a lot of information gathered about this phone by now. Including who he phoned and ping locations tracking his movements. Interesting that they're only asking for information about the 30 minute call that finshed at 8pm and nothing about the calls when the abduction was supposedly taking place.

Sounds like they know a lot more than what we are being told but don't quite have enough evidence just yet to prove beyond doubt that this was his phone.

They must know more. The information leaked to the public is vast and you would hope that was only a fraction.

I still don’t understand the dog evidence. Eddie and Keela I think their names were. Meant to have an excellent track record. Didn’t they alert to a car hired days AFTER Madeline went missing. Video of dogs working below. Not sure if total red herring given recent news. Confused .

It was the dog evidence that always made me feel it wasn't an intruder, so I find it confusing.

The spaniels both alerted their handler when they were brought to a silver Renault Scenic - the same car Kate and Gerry had hired on holiday.

The dogs indicated they signalled human blood and corpse odour inside the boot and on the outside of the driver's door.

Eddie also alerted to Cuddle Cat, the stuffed animal beloved by Madeleine that Kate took everywhere after the girl went missing, and Keela signalled blood on some of Kate's clothes, which were forensically examined for DNA evidence.

When asked about the dogs' results by Portuguese journalist Sandra Felgueira in 2009, Gerry said: "I can tell you that we've obviously looked at evidence about cadaver dogs and they're incredibly unreliable."

How sniffer dogs signalled 'scent of blood & corpse' in Maddie McCann apartment

How can this be ignored? Unless the dogs were wrong.

It always seems strange with cases that are years old that they still get people coming forward .
I read somewhere that the investigation was getting hundreds of phone calls and emails.
Obviously there will always be hoaxes.
I’d imagine that they are hoping people come forward who’s loyalties have changed over the years .

It always seems strange with cases that are years old that they still get people coming forward .
I read somewhere that the investigation was getting hundreds of phone calls and emails.
Obviously there will always be hoaxes.
I’d imagine that they are hoping people come forward who’s loyalties have changed over the years .

I would imagine that there’s a degree of people feeling safety in his incarceration too. In a world of uncertainties, we can at least be sure he’s an extremely dangerous and violent offender.

The way the Portuguese police cases are conducted, clouded the case, the parents became suspects without any 'rhyme or reason', only the fact that the kids were left alone (everyone knows that is wrong). This went on for an eternity.

Even more shocking is that they had CB's telephone number, how long a call had lasted, but various law enforcement agencies didn't track CB down at the time.

A lot of WS membership would of done a better job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay