Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any ex-addresses of CB in Portugal been searched by PJ as part of the MM investigation?

Last night Mr Bischof, 64, told the Daily Mail: 'He was always anxious, never relaxed. His eyes would always dart around the room when you were trying to have a conversation.'

But he was shocked when police later came to ask him about Madeleine. Former telecoms engineer Mr Bischof said: 'He was always a little nervous. He just couldn't hold down a job and I tried to encourage him to do so.

'He said he grew up in an orphanage and never ever mentioned any family.

'He never really stayed in one place. He only talked about his girlfriend Maria – I think she was English and was working in Portugal.

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner was released from prison months before girl vanished | Daily Mail Online

Does somebody know more about "Maria"?

CB do know police have his camera and cards and photos on usb pens. No need for the police to pretend that they don't have them and CB knows better than anyone what content were on those drives.

I've made this argument as well.

The usual reasons for secrecy are to keep the accused from destroying evidence, or to protect witnesses.

We know CB can't destroy any evidence because he is in jail. Also, HCW is hardly being secretive - he is doing lots of interviews to announce his secret evidence. Personally I don't buy the idea he is trying to hide it from CB. And if anyone else out there has digital evidence, they now know to destroy it.

Since the appeal appears to be over, I think he is targeting witnesses in the UK. This is why I find it interesting that the MCs responded to the BBC interview. As discussed with @SuperdadV8 - are the tapas his real media target now?

So they know something that is key to what happened?

But if police were to found those photos there would be no need to hide (the fact) from the public. CB would know that his USB sticks and memory cards are already with police so if CB do have photos of abuse of victims he know (not downloaded from the net) then CB knows that police do have that content. In other words German prosecutor shouldn't be afraid of CB knowing what evidences they have on him as CB would already know.
In that scenario though, you are making the assumption that CB has to know the police have the content. He doesn't. Given he took measures to bury other USB devices to conceal his *advertiser censored* stash, IF such media did exist, it's almost certain he would have done something similar with it. He may have buried it somewhere else, for example another property he lived at, and doesn't realise the police have found it. Alternatively, they may have come across a video during the recent pedo ring busts, and there is something within the video that gives an indication of it being CB, but not conclusively enough to fully identify him.

As for not needing to hide it from the public... until such time they are ready to charge him, something that big a bombshell would never be revealed to the public. It would cause an absolute storm in the media and put massive pressure on them to charge. Doesn't help them one bit if they were to reveal that now.

Last edited:
In that scenario though, you are making the assumption that CB has to know the police have the content. He doesn't. Given he took measures to bury other USB devices to conceal his *advertiser censored* stash, IF such media did exist, it's almost certain he would have done something similar with it. He may have buried it somewhere else, for example another property he lived at, and doesn't realise the police have found it. Alternatively, they may have come across a video during the recent pedo ring busts, and there is something within the video that gives an indication of it being CB, but not conclusively enough to fully identify him.

As for not needing to hide it from the public... until such time they are ready to charge him, something that big a bombshell would never be revealed to the public. It would cause an absolute storm in the media and put massive pressure on them to charge. Doesn't help them one bit if they were to reveal that now.
I've had a hunch from the start that CB's possible involvement came about from uncovering a pedo ring. JMO

The usual reasons for secrecy are to keep the accused from destroying evidence, or to protect witnesses.

We know CB can't destroy any evidence because he is in jail. Also, HCW is hardly being secretive - he is doing lots of interviews to announce his secret evidence. Personally I don't buy the idea he is trying to hide it from CB. And if anyone else out there has digital evidence, they now know to destroy it.

Since the appeal appears to be over, I think he is targeting witnesses in the UK. This is why I find it interesting that the MCs responded to the BBC interview. As discussed with @SuperdadV8 - are the tapas his real media target now?

Well that would make me "fall off my chair"!
Perhaps CB, HB, HCW, and FF all know this 'detail' but are all side eyeing each other, waiting for T9 to confirm? o_O
This would suggest that MC's response to HCW's BBC interview is rather defensive imo.
JMO

Last edited:

Or they've said something in their witness statements that throws doubt on it happening. A mistake about times for me example

Interesting report about an abduction, abuse and attempted murder of a 6 year old girl in germany.

The suspect snatched the girl out of her room of a flat in the first floor, while the parents had been in another room at the same time. I assume, that must have happened in night time, because the suspect had thrown the girl into a nearby river in the morning and is said to abused her before.

Entführung Halle: Mutmaßlicher Kinderfänger kommt vor den Haftrichter

So it seems to be not that difficult, to abduct a child out of an apartment or flat if carefully planned, even if it isn't alone there at that time.

Interesting report about an abduction, abuse and attempted murder of a 6 year old girl in germany.

The suspect snatched the girl out of her room of a flat in the first floor, while the parents had been in another room at the same time. I assume, that must have happened in night time, because the suspect had thrown the girl into a nearby river in the morning and is said to abused her before.

Entführung Halle: Mutmaßlicher Kinderfänger kommt vor den Haftrichter

So it seems to be not that difficult, to abduct a child out of an apartment or flat if carefully planned, even if it isn't alone there at that time.

"To prevent the kidnapped girl from sounding the alarm, Sebastian L. Emy is said to have pretended that the parents knew. He told Emy he was taking her to another girl who would play with her."

Ba*****

In the case of AMcP and AC something similar happened.

Alesha MacPhail murder: Life sentence for Aaron Campbell after he admits guilt

"In his sentencing statement, Lord Matthews said Campbell had carried *advertiser censored* to a secluded spot where he raped and murdered her "in the most brutal fashion".

"He told the teenager: "You said that *advertiser censored* was drowsy and became a bit more awake when you went out.
"At one point she asked who you were and where you were going.

"You said you were a friend of her father and that you were taking her home."

"Campbell gave *advertiser censored* his coat because she was cold."

Last edited:
According to those sources it was simply explained as one of those annoying junk phonecall companies.
Yes, nobody enjoys answering such calls. So for somebody at the OC to dial the Swansea number and speak for 50+ seconds seems a bit weird to me. I shouldn't go down these rabbit holes to be honest. X

Re any evidence there may be linking CB, the Police are never going to reveal it to the public without first speaking to CB about it. LE will be looking for CB initial reaction, facial expression etc when he is finally confronted. To announce it to the World, not only gives CB time to get over it, but he can have his demeanour under control and his story straight. LE will not charge him for fear of the Double Jeopardy act. If there is an ounce of doubt during trial and CB is found Not Guilty, then LE have no chance of ever getting their man, should any evidence surface in the future- Since a man cannot be tried for the same crime twice. I recently read that German LE have received important information from British holidaymakers in the last few weeks- and are hoping to go to Portugal themselves?!

"To prevent the kidnapped girl from sounding the alarm, Sebastian L. Emy is said to have pretended that the parents knew. He told Emy he was taking her to another girl who would play with her."

Ba*****

In the case of AMcP and AC something similar happened.

Alesha MacPhail murder: Life sentence for Aaron Campbell after he admits guilt

"In his sentencing statement, Lord Matthews said Campbell had carried *advertiser censored* to a secluded spot where he raped and murdered her "in the most brutal fashion".

"He told the teenager: "You said that *advertiser censored* was drowsy and became a bit more awake when you went out.
"At one point she asked who you were and where you were going.

"You said you were a friend of her father and that you were taking her home."

"Campbell gave *advertiser censored* his coat because she was cold."
God yeah, I forgot this case until recently. Wasn't he high on drink and drugs too, something which I think in CBs case seems to trigger episodes of impulsive behaviour to the extreme. On the Mcanns 'bizarre' comment - have they actually said this... If so, why would they believe it to be Bizarre if it has a chance to throwaway the key on this guy. It does seem rather defensive and maybe it's because they're scared of threat of what FF will argue if it comes to trial, that the only possibility for abduction was not from an intruder.

For any legal experts on here...
Could CB be tried in the UK if evidence given to UK authorities ?
MM a UK citizen ..would that allow this ?
Have heard double jeopardy rules less strict in UK , especially Scotland , maybe there best..her Dad Scottish.
Or if a trial in Germany lets him go free , can the UK authorities then make a case for another trial in UK ?

Last edited:
For any legal experts on here...
Could CB be tried in the UK if evidence given to UK authorities ?
MM was a UK citizen ..would that allow this ?
Have heard double jeopardy rules less strict in UK.
Or if a trial in Germany lets him go free , can the UK authorities then make a case for another trial in UK ?

Yeah, we've pondered this / Brexit etc but not sure.
There is the example of the autistic guy whose USA extradition was blocked by the then PM, so extradition applications are possible - but again, not sure.
I doubt someone could be tried for the same crime twice in different countries though.

Last edited:

The McCann 'source' throwing down the 'bewildered, bizarre' gauntlet is certainly very interesting. And oddly and unsettlingly antagonistic? Why would you be antagonistic towards someone who is officially trying to establish what happened to your missing child? Someone who says they have evidence that now points, after all the rabbit-hole years and vast amounts of wasted money, concretely to a suspect and the possibility of an actual conviction and final closure? That should surely, emotions-aside, be something to support rather than disparage?

I don't know where HCW is going with this but I do agree that he believes that there are 'unresolved issues' as far as something 'British' is concerned.

Last edited:
Yes, nobody enjoys answering such calls. So for somebody at the OC to dial the Swansea number and speak for 50+ seconds seems a bit weird to me. I shouldn't go down these rabbit holes to be honest. X
Easily explained like this: JJe sees missed call from UK thinks might be important so phones it and discovers it is only one of those telemarketing co's.

Do you have a link to it? It's not on the first page of the thread
Excerpt from the official appeal on the BKA website June 2020:
"Furthermore, there is reason to assume that there are other persons, apart from the suspect, who have concrete knowledge of the course of the crime and maybe also of the place where the body was left. We explicitly ask these persons to contact us and provide information."
https://www.bka.de/DE/IhreSicherhei...rhalt_englisch.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=4

@redplanet - thanks for that. A very pertinent reminder.

Add that to the 'British' focus (not just HCW but also FF) and it does really suggest that there's a significant if not actually crucial British component to this investigation.

Intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member