Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Within the next two months, German, British and Portuguese detectives are to meet for a summit in Lisbon, the Mirror reports.

Police hope to nail Christian Brueckner in their investigation.

Key witnesses in the Algarve, who knew the convicted paedophile, will be interviewed by German and Portuguese cops."

Madeleine McCann detectives want more cash to fund probe into German paedo

I'm still wondering what role the OG plays in that whole game. AFAIK the only clue to the ongoing investigation has been brought up by SY after interviewing Helge B. To me it would just make sense, if a possible accomplice would be from the UK. What else has OG that would be productive, except some new pics from british tourists of the area?

And i wonder if that "summit", will be more than just that or knocking at some doors. Maybe a bigger kind of police operation?

And I think that you can travel into Portugal now

What else can OG do?
I'm sure this money would be better directed elsewhere.
The BKA say they have unlimited funds, let them carry on.
Sorry to seem miserable, but the Police is seriously underfunded here atm.

You're not remotely coming across as miserable, just objective and reasonable and frustrated and wondering why in the world OG needs further funding when they've absolutely nothing (good) to show for the phenomenally unproductive years of funding they've had.

Enough now.

OG/SY need to back off and leave the investigation to the Germans.

Last edited:
The amount requested for the Grange extension might be to facilitate German authorities interviewing witnesses and compiling previous evidence in the UK and then for organising for key witnesses to be flown to Germany for the trial.

I'm returning to Websluthes after years away,

I spent yesterday reading posts all day on this new named suspect CB. In my own search of the net I came across an article written for either a New Zealand report or Austraillian report that suggested that German and British Authorities are searching for another known German Drifter that was known to CB and lived with him at times while he lived in PDL.

Can someone here shed light on this for me, are they trying or have they a discovered ne evidence to suggest a second person of interest.

Maddie McCann investigators hunt for second German man, a friend of Christian Brueckner - NZ Herald

I spent yesterday reading posts all day on this new named suspect CB. In my own search of the net I came across an article written for either a New Zealand report or Austraillian report that suggested that German and British Authorities are searching for another known German Drifter that was known to CB and lived with him at times while he lived in PDL.

Can someone here shed light on this for me, are they trying or have they a discovered ne evidence to suggest a second person of interest.

Maddie McCann investigators hunt for second German man, a friend of Christian Brueckner - NZ Herald

Yes, I can say I've seen that, but nothing else, can't find anymore info, however, it could be they found him, but can't release any info, and I'm sure there's lots more info that can't be shared, as it could jeapodise the case???
And welcome back to ws

Welcome back.
:)

The amount requested for the Grange extension might be to facilitate German authorities interviewing witnesses and compiling previous evidence in the UK and then for organising for key witnesses to be flown to Germany for the trial.

Possibly

It just seems strange Grange needs to be continued to be funded as a special operation given its purpose (a review) has expired.

Which does make one wonder, what actual work Grange is doing with the Germans. One can only think it involves domestic witnesses

Possibly

It just seems strange Grange needs to be continued to be funded as a special operation given its purpose (a review) has expired.

Which does make one wonder, what actual work Grange is doing with the Germans. One can only think it involves domestic witnesses
Do we know if they are now working together, or are OG still working on other theories?

Do we know if they are now working together, or are OG still working on other theories?

It has been a while ago, since the last statement that OG is keeping it as a missing person case. And even Jim Gamble stated just weeks ago, that CB is a credible suspect for him, since many years. And Gamble knows, that germans are investigating the case as a murder case.

Maybe it's also a kind of strategy of OG to keep it as a missing person case, due to the fact that tax payers money has to be granted, beside the fact that there hasn't been found a body. Maybe they can ask for a bigger amount of money for travelling between the countries for summits or interrogations e.g.?!

I could imagine, that just keeping it as a case of a missing british person makes it easier to get the money, than keeping it as a crime done by a non-UK citizen in portugal, that is sitting behind german bars. You shouldn't need a whole Operation Grange to hand over british testimonies or holiday pictures to german authorities.

But i do not really know, how that system works in the UK precisely!

Last edited:
Maddie McCann cops ask for extra cash to fund Christian B investigation

The Sun have just released this article which has the efit of man carrying child that OG stated was innocent tourist JTo...saying this is man M's believe abducted MM ...???!!
Am assuming just poor reporting .

There's only 1 'camp' that still uses that photo.
J.TOT has been ID'd by OG.
The Sun & 'Co' must think all their readers are eejits :rolleyes:

"An artist's impression of the man Kate and Gerry McCann believe abducted their daughter"

Maddie McCann cops ask for extra cash to fund Christian B investigation

JMO

Last edited:
"The budget from the Home Office is for the Detective Sergeant and the 3 Detective Constables to work on a full time basis on Operation Grange. The SIO isn’t funded by the Home Office."

Status update of Operation Grange

As Jitty quoted before, the amount of money isn't that high, to be mentioned. It's just a third of the annual costs over the last 13 years.

But just imagine the media outcry if OG wouldn't have been carried on for maybe one year! Should be counterproductive at this stage of the investigations maybe.....?!

IMO the main target will be a confession of the suspect. A headline that quotes that the investigations won't be carried on, seems not plausible to reach that goal IMO.

Last edited:
Possibly

That's the only objective and reasonable conclusion imo.

I've always felt, reading between the (HCW and FF) lines, that there's an ongoing and significant 'unresolved' UK 'aspect' and connection to MM's disappearance.

If this extension of OG funding is seriously concerned with and committed to ^that, then ok. Let's give it a go and a chance.

Not holding my breath though.

Last edited:
Possibly

You may be correct about a UK connection keeping Grange going .
Does it have to be a UK witness though..?
Could it just be because MM a UK citizen and Met still wants to be invested as such ?
Also HCW has possibly not revealed all he has to OG yet..meaning they reluctant to give case up on basis of some words only from HCW in a certain direction ..?
Just speculating...

You may be correct about a UK connection keeping Grange going .
Does it have to be a UK witness though..?
Could it just be because MM a UK citizen and Met still wants to be invested as such ?
Also HCW has possibly not revealed all he has to OG yet..meaning they reluctant to give case up on basis of some words only from HCW in a certain direction ..?
Just speculating...
.but what would 4 full time staff work on all day?

Or do they just take long lunches? :D

.but what would 4 full time staff work on all day?

Or do they just take long lunches? :D

My guess is CB still the main lead they're all working on ( including OG ), though may be accomplices , and HCW and team know the most details.
However , could be has been a mutual agreement ( or communication of some sort ) between police forces that OG still useful to German police investigation for the time-being ?...collaborating, providing some useful info / data / support / liaison to a UK victims family, in what seems to be a bit of a push to progress the case over next few months ...imo
Hard for us outsiders to the real facts to know ..so we speculate.

Last edited:
My guess is CB still the main lead they're all working on ( including OG ), though may be accomplices , and HCW and team know the most details.
However , could be has been a mutual agreement ( or communication of some sort ) between police forces that OG still useful to German police investigation for the time-being ?...collaborating, providing some useful info / data / support / liaison to a UK victims family, in what seems to be a bit of a push to progress the case over next few months ...imo
Hard for us outsiders to the real facts to know ..so we speculate.

I guess I just have a hard time understanding what four full time staff could be doing all day unless there is a very big investigation with a significant UK end.

I mean even if there are UK witnesses, how long does it take to interview them and provide that material?

Unless this is really trial support

Just a note that one thing i found curious when Grange was bigger was the apparent involvement of CPS.

Maybe there is a UK located suspect?

Welcome lewy75; up to now the identity of the other German drifter who was living near a water reservoir has remained a mystery.

Welcome lewy75; up to now the identity of the other German drifter who was living near a water reservoir has remained a mystery.

This has reminded me of interview with the UK handyman talking about Barragem .( sounds like a London accent )..face is blurred out but have to say guy reminds me a bit of a certain discounted efit though that probably just coincidence I guess.
It’s in the first video clip in this Mirror article ( after annoying advert )
Maddie cops 'ignored letter which claimed she was dumped in lake'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members