Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If CB lived in or close to PDL why should being in Luz be suspicious ?
Does he claim to have been living in PDL at the time then?
It appears he is claiming to have been half and hour away according to this "alibi". So it would be rather "suspicious" if it can be shown he's been lying about where he was that night. Don't you think?

Another interesting quote from the above is:
"And a very good source close to the police investigation has revealed a SIM card found at Christian’s box factory was linked to a British holidaymaker whose apartment in the Ocean Club, from where Maddie disappeared, was robbed during a holiday in Praia Da Luz."

Have we discussed this? Do we know anything more about when this British holidaymaker was holidaying in PdL? Sorry if I keep bringing up possibly old news...

DBM

if it is after MM would it still be useful? I mean they know he was breaking into flats - would it make a difference if they can prove he broke into OC?

I mean you say "they know"

But in a trial they have to have evidence of it. So stolen goods from OC would be super useful if their theory of the case is that he was an opportunistic burglar for example.

I can make out "ohne kompetender Rechtsanwalt"!! 'without a competent lawyer'!!]

previous line also something like: BKA [B/Re u g..]g[ ] wollte mich vorbederungt mal de[r/s] Ver[kehr/brechen]

cannot make sense of this: The BKA wanted to meet[?] me before the communication(der Verkehr?) / or the time of the crime (des Verbrechen)?

maybe he is saying that the BKA wanted him to talk to them on his own without a competent lawyer??

Can we see anywhere the letters CB wrote to IM?

CB and MN seem to have the same habits. MN too has written letters of complaint (or a letter).
"Maskenmann“ schreibt Jammerbrief über seinen Mithäftling
Martin Ney: „Maskenmann“ schreibt Jammer-Brief über Mithäftling

CB must be studying law again ;), perhaps he thinks he no longer needs FF.
Maybe he feels FF should be defending him in the Court of public opinion, so he's decided to do it himself.

"Bettina Thoenes, a reporter for the Braunschweiger Zeitung, who followed the rape trial, described him as “a man of intelligent appearance, dressed in a simple grey shirt and slightly oversized jeans”. She said he was eloquent, and quoted frequently from legal text books."

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brückner fled police in 1995

Last edited:
previous line also something like: BKA [B/Re u g..]g[ ] wollte mich vorbederungt mal de[r/s] Ver[kehr/brechen]

cannot make sense of this: The BKA wanted to meet[?] me before the communication(der Verkehr?) / or the time of the crime (des Verbrechen)?

maybe he is saying that the BKA wanted him to talk to them on his own without a competent lawyer??

Can we see anywhere the letters CB wrote to IM?
As far as I remember she only posted the envelope

Hi, I am intrigued about the lack of forensics you mention, or better what exactly you mean by nuclear DNA that the traces were there.

I checked the PJ files again and have collected the below - the analysis results on hairs and other genetic material collected from 5a
In sum, many unidentified hairs and profiles. the most interesting profile appears to be 'L', which was both present in the spot on the bedspread and in 7 hairs. there was another request for analysis of profile 'L', in Dec 2007: they requested forensic examination of spot found on mattress in 5A.

I understand that people are saying the saliva belonged to a 2year old boy who was staying in 5A before. However I haven't been able to find this identification in the PJ files... and to add to that, as far as I understand only reference samples from the dad were taken...

What I want to say is that there is some material collected from 5a that could be useful? if it is still available that is and not destroyed...

There are also several different fingerprints collected that have not been identified. I am sure they could have done much more, but at least there must be something to work with?
---

Morphology analysis of the hairs
All hairs received for analysis were subjected to macro- and microscopic characterisation, with the majority of those having the root being in a telogenic phase.
Relating to Apartment no. 5-A
- Envelope No. 1 - "recovered from the floor at the entrance to the children's bedroom" 25 hairs with root; 4 hairs only stem; 3 hairs non-human.
- Envelope No. 2 - "recovered from the floor next to the bed from which the child disappeared" 3 hairs with root; 25 hairs only stem.
- Envelope No. 3 - "recovered from the top of the bed from which the child disappeared" 2 hairs with root; 2 hairs only stem.
- Envelope No. 4 - " recovered from the floor next to the bed that was next to the window in the children's bedroom" ll hairs with root; 4 hairs only stem.
- Envelope no. 6 - "recovered from the floor of the lounge" 26 hairs with root; 4 hairs only stem; l hair non-human.
- Envelope no. 7 - "recovered from the entrance hall at the front door of the apartment" 44 hairs with root; 8 hairs only stem; 6 hairs non-human.

Acid Phosphatase Test to detect semen on the small spot on the cloth fragment in envelope no. 5 recovered from the bedspread of the bed next to the window of the children's bedroom: Weakly positive.
Phadebas Forensic test, for detection of saliva on the fragment of cloth corresponding to vestigio n'. 5 collected from the counterpane of the bed next to the window of the children's bedroom: Positive.

Mitochondrial DNA analysis:
1st- The macro- and microscopic analysis of 257 hairs revealed 245 human and 12 non-human.
4th- With respect to autosomic STRs the male genetic profile identified from the spot on the cloth fragment (bedspread of the bed next to window in the children's bedroom- Env 5) did not match any profile from the reference samples.

and several which did not match the reference materials:

Profile identified by letter "L", present in the spot on the bedspread of the bed next to the window and in seven hairs, meaning that all these samples came from the same person or from someone having the same maternal bloodline, did not match any of the reference samples.

- Profiles identified by letters "B", "D", "F", "J" and "Q" are different from the above, and from each other, and are distinct from reference samples.

-The remaining 28 samples analysed, of which 17 were recovered from the apartment, showed mitochondrial DNA from different from each other, and distinct from those above.

8th- Of the 245 hairs analysed, no results were obtained from 52.

P.J. POLICE FILES: PORTUGUESE FORENSIC INSTITUTE TESTS

----

Fingerprints
At apartment 5A, Ocean Club:
- Side of the patio door: One adequate print recovered but not matched to known persons.
- Outside of one patio door: Eight inadequate prints were recovered.- Outside of [the other] patio door: One inadequate print was recovered.- Outside of the external blinds to the children's bedroom: three inadequate prints were recovered.

P.J. POLICE FILES: FINGERPRINTS

As far as I remember she only posted the envelope
hmmm not helpful... I am really curious what he wrote to her as well. And who initiated the communication? I would imagine IM and journalists rather than CB himself?
And indeed where is FF?

hmmm not helpful... I am really curious what he wrote to her as well. And who initiated the communication? I would imagine IM and journalists rather than CB himself?
And indeed where is FF?
I just looked up the tweet. She posted the back side of an envelope where you can only see CBs address, nothing more and that was the address of the prison in Kiel, so not even actual.

I understand that people are saying the saliva belonged to a 2year old boy who was staying in 5A before. However I haven't been able to find this identification in the PJ files... and to add to that, as far as I understand only reference samples from the dad were taken...

"Still within the area of collection, treatment and analysis of residues, the identification of a stain on the cover of one of the beds in MADELEINE’s bedroom (not the one she slept in), which raised some suspicions, should be pointed out.
Duly analysed, the stain configured a biological residue (saliva) that belonged to a child – CHARLIE GORDON – that had been on holidays, earlier and with his parents, in the same apartment."

P.J. POLICE FILES: PJ FINAL REPORT

Last edited:
"Still within the area of collection, treatment and analysis of residues, the identification of a stain on the cover of one of the beds in MADELEINE’s bedroom (not the one she slept in), which raised some suspicions, should be pointed out.
Duly analysed, the stain configured a biological residue (saliva) that belonged to a child – CHARLIE GORDON – that had been on holidays, earlier and with his parents, in the same apartment."

P.J. POLICE FILES: PJ FINAL REPORT

not in any lab analyses though - I went through the lot - cannot find this id. moreover, where it has the statements of the previous occupants of 5a, the people whose samples were taken are underlined, in this case only the father's name is underlined...

not in any lab analyses though - I went through the lot - cannot find this id. moreover, where it has the statements of the previous occupants of 5a, the people whose samples were taken are underlined, in this case only the father's name is underlined...
Is this it?.......

"I conclude further that, the DNA profiles obtained from the 'crime stain 1' and 286A/2007/CRL9A & B coincide with Charlie Gordon (bar code 51156964). I believe that Charlie Gordon was born on 29 January 2005, and if this is the case, in my opinion, the DNA profile obtained in 'crime stain 1' is not the result of semen found on the blanket."

P.J. POLICE FILES: JOHN ROBERT LOWE F.S.S REPORT

Hi, I am intrigued about the lack of forensics you mention, or better what exactly you mean by nuclear DNA that the traces were there.

I checked the PJ files again and have collected the below - the analysis results on hairs and other genetic material collected from 5a
In sum, many unidentified hairs and profiles. the most interesting profile appears to be 'L', which was both present in the spot on the bedspread and in 7 hairs. there was another request for analysis of profile 'L', in Dec 2007: they requested forensic examination of spot found on mattress in 5A.

What I want to say is that there is some material collected from 5a that could be useful? if it is still available that is and not destroyed...

There are also several different fingerprints collected that have not been identified. I am sure they could have done much more, but at least there must be something to work with?
---

Morphology analysis of the hairs
All hairs received for analysis were subjected to macro- and microscopic characterisation, with the majority of those having the root being in a telogenic phase.
Relating to Apartment no. 5-A
- Envelope No. 1 - "recovered from the floor at the entrance to the children's bedroom" 25 hairs with root; 4 hairs only stem; 3 hairs non-human.
- Envelope No. 2 - "recovered from the floor next to the bed from which the child disappeared" 3 hairs with root; 25 hairs only stem.
- Envelope No. 3 - "recovered from the top of the bed from which the child disappeared" 2 hairs with root; 2 hairs only stem.
- Envelope No. 4 - " recovered from the floor next to the bed that was next to the window in the children's bedroom" ll hairs with root; 4 hairs only stem.
- Envelope no. 6 - "recovered from the floor of the lounge" 26 hairs with root; 4 hairs only stem; l hair non-human.
- Envelope no. 7 - "recovered from the entrance hall at the front door of the apartment" 44 hairs with root; 8 hairs only stem; 6 hairs non-human.

Acid Phosphatase Test to detect semen on the small spot on the cloth fragment in envelope no. 5 recovered from the bedspread of the bed next to the window of the children's bedroom: Weakly positive.
Phadebas Forensic test, for detection of saliva on the fragment of cloth corresponding to vestigio n'. 5 collected from the counterpane of the bed next to the window of the children's bedroom: Positive.

Mitochondrial DNA analysis:
1st- The macro- and microscopic analysis of 257 hairs revealed 245 human and 12 non-human.
4th- With respect to autosomic STRs the male genetic profile identified from the spot on the cloth fragment (bedspread of the bed next to window in the children's bedroom- Env 5) did not match any profile from the reference samples.

and several which did not match the reference materials:

Profile identified by letter "L", present in the spot on the bedspread of the bed next to the window and in seven hairs, meaning that all these samples came from the same person or from someone having the same maternal bloodline, did not match any of the reference samples.

- Profiles identified by letters "B", "D", "F", "J" and "Q" are different from the above, and from each other, and are distinct from reference samples.

-The remaining 28 samples analysed, of which 17 were recovered from the apartment, showed mitochondrial DNA from different from each other, and distinct from those above.

8th- Of the 245 hairs analysed, no results were obtained from 52.

P.J. POLICE FILES: PORTUGUESE FORENSIC INSTITUTE TESTS

----

Fingerprints
At apartment 5A, Ocean Club:
- Side of the patio door: One adequate print recovered but not matched to known persons.
- Outside of one patio door: Eight inadequate prints were recovered.- Outside of [the other] patio door: One inadequate print was recovered.- Outside of the external blinds to the children's bedroom: three inadequate prints were recovered.

P.J. POLICE FILES: FINGERPRINTS
Yes profile L is intriguing. I had noticed it too. A match was found with an unknown individual connected to another crime. Question is: which crime?
Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #20

“various matches were obtained with the results of 286A/2007/CRL9A&B; the majority of them were eliminated based on additional information obtained from the result; however, one remains (namely, bar code 80004801). It has matched with a sample of a spot recovered from a crime and cannot, at this time, be associated with a specific individual. Nevertheless, as that sample was processed with the old SGM system I consider the match to be of negligible significance.
All matches obtained from other samples were eliminated.

See here the text in Portuguese (translated for the PJ).
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/oa/OA2_1/o_apenso_1_Vol_2_p335.jpg
o_apenso_1_Vol_2_p335.jpg

There was another saliva sample that BKA wanted to re-test that the Portuguese claimed they were unable to get a full DNA profile from. Even though technology has advanced a lot since they last tried, the Portuguese authorities refused to let the Germans test it. Same as when OG asked to re-test a number of hair samples back in 2013/2014.... refused. You do start to wonder why the reluctance.

Portuguese police sources branded the German request 'typically arrogant', adding that they had already carried out forensic tests on the sample and it was impossible to extract a DNA profile to compare against that of convicted paedophile and rapist Brueckner, 43.

'We have already tried and it's insulting to be asked to do this again,' a source close to the Policia Judiciaria said.

'This is a total waste of time. What's even worse is they now want to do it in their labs, as if ours aren't good enough. Why do they think their DNA testing centre is any better than ours?'

Peter Bleksley, a founder member of Scotland Yard's undercover unit, said: 'DNA science has galloped on a long way since 13 years ago when Madeleine first went missing, so there are far more complex tests that can be applied now but couldn't have been done back in the day.'

After Madeleine, from Leicestershire, vanished, forensic tests were carried out on evidence in the apartment.

But police have never been able to extract a full DNA profile from a saliva sample, which reports yesterday said was on her pillow. After German police started probing Brueckner as a potential suspect in 2017, much of the evidence was tested again, without producing a match.

But the Germans are now anxious to carry out fresh tests on the 'partial sample' to establish if it came from Brueckner.Yesterday, a Portuguese newspaper said the two police forces had 'reached an impasse'.

Madeleine McCann: Portuguese police reject retest request | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Is this it?.......

"I conclude further that, the DNA profiles obtained from the 'crime stain 1' and 286A/2007/CRL9A & B coincide with Charlie Gordon (bar code 51156964). I believe that Charlie Gordon was born on 29 January 2005, and if this is the case, in my opinion, the DNA profile obtained in 'crime stain 1' is not the result of semen found on the blanket."

yes, that's it! But I went through the report:

not sure how this works out but according to the report 286A/2007-CRL 9A & B refers to swabs from the wall of the flat...

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 17
286A/2007-CRL 9A & B Swabs collected from the wall of the apartment
An incomplete DNA result, apparently originating from a male individual, was obtained through LCN from the cellular material present in the combined swabs. In my opinion, there are no indications that justify [confirm/prove] the theory that any member of the McCann family had contributed DNA to this result. Also, this result did not match in any way the profile obtained from swabs 286A/2007 CRL 1A & B.

FSS-GF-680 Emissao 2, Pagina 1:
Various matches were obtained with the results of 286A/2007/CRL9A&B; the majority of them were eliminated based on additional information obtained from the result; however, one remains (namely, bar code 80004801). It has matched with a sample of a spot recovered from a crime and cannot, at this time, be associated with a specific individual. Nevertheless, as that sample was processed with the old SGM system I consider the match to be of negligible significance.

and indeed later, he says what you have above

but, nowhere in the report is the 'crime stain 1' mentioned elsewhere. what is going on here? are we missing pages of his report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanMichelle