Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
quote=Davieson]Thank you. I find these abbreviations challenging to say the least. [/quote]

There is a thread here with regularly used abbreviations - but I can't find it... maybe someone here can post it for you.

quote=Davieson]Thank you. I find these abbreviations challenging to say the least.

There is a thread here with regularly used abbreviations - but I can't find it... maybe someone here can post it for you.[/QUOTE]

It’s the first post of every thread , it is very handy as it can
get confusing if you’re new to WS .

OT - Websleuths abbreviations
Websleuths Lingo

That's very useful, thanks. :cool:

I see 'RSBM' a lot on here and couldn't for the life of me figure out what it meant. As someone who snips a lot (but only for space-saving purposes), it's a nice courtesy and I'll be using it now that I know it's none of these - What does RSBM stand for?

(PS. My 2 hot favourites were 'Removing Subsoil Before Mining' and 'Rural Swing Bed Management'.)

Last edited:
Apologies I thought you were after the abbreviations for
people in the case . Not seen the general one before so will
help me as well ! .

Channel 5 bought the rights to premiere the doc, so it can't air in any other country until it has been broadcast in the UK first according to MWT. Still not seen any announcement from Channel 5 or MWT for a UK date and it's less than 2 weeks until the 3rd.

I think this potential airing date might well end up being canned like the German one was.

In theory, it would absolutely make sense for the UK premiere to coincide with the anniversary. That would be an ideal scheduling date for Channel 5, so will be interesting to see if we do see an announcement from them shortly, following suit. If not, it would suggest to me that there is still some external issue preventing its release. Will have to wait and see I guess.

Channel 5 bought the rights to premiere the doc, so it can't air in any other country until it has been broadcast in the UK first according to MWT. Still not seen any announcement from Channel 5 or MWT for a UK date and it's less than 2 weeks until the 3rd.

I think this potential airing date might well end up being canned like the German one was.

In theory, it would absolutely make sense for the UK premiere to coincide with the anniversary. That would be an ideal scheduling date for Channel 5, so will be interesting to see if we do see an announcement from them shortly, following suit. If not, it would suggest to me that there is still some external issue preventing its release. Will have to wait and see I guess.

The content of the article seems a bit more interesting to me. Did MWT talked to panikspatz66 or another paedo? What did he reveal about the content of their communications. "MM" maybe?

And what did CB reveal to MWT "exclusive"?

To be honest, releasing this "bombshell" on the date of the disappearance seems pretty *advertiser censored**ed up to me. I hope, this case isn't turning into a worldwide media-j**k-off!

How disgusting...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The content of the article seems a bit more interesting to me. Did MWT talked to panikspatz66 or another paedo? What did he reveal about the content of their communications. "MM" maybe?

And what did CB reveal to MWT "exclusive"?

To be honest, releasing this "bombshell" on the date of the disappearance seems pretty *advertiser censored**ed up to me. I hope, this case isn't turning into a worldwide media-j**k-off!

How disgusting...:rolleyes:
I get where you're coming from and did consider that myself. The date could be seen as somewhat disrespectful, depending on the content/theme of the programme I suppose. But (like it or not) you do often see programmes being scheduled to coincide with anniversary dates of whatever subject they're covering.

I'm just saying that "if" the reason for it not being broadcast yet is purely due to scheduling considerations (as some think), or they want to maximise the audience, airing it around the anniversary would make sense if there are no external restrictions.

I did notice this following article about a week ago where it mentioned that the production company "Drive" had sold a package of their documentaries to Spanish, Portuguese and Australian networks. The new MM doc is part of that package.

News round-up: AMC & Foxtel take Drive shows; Voot strengthens comedy offering; Banijay Germany forges influencer pact

But MWT has previously stated that Channel 5 were sold the rights for the premiere and so it cannot air in any other country before it airs in the UK. I can't see how this new deal would override that agreement, so unless we see an announcement from Channel 5 soon, my guess would be this airing in Spain/Portugal won't go ahead on the 3rd, just like the German one didn't. JMO.

As for what the "exclusive" revelation is, I think that is in reference to the alleged 'alibi' that CB has told him about. Yet despite how apparently outraged he is at being publicly accused, and fearing for his life in prison, neither he, nor his lawyers has bothered to tell the people investigating him about this alibi in order to clear his name. He tells an investigative journalist instead, one who has a bit of a reputation for going against the grain of police narrative and casting doubt on their conclusions. All seems rather fishy to me.....

Attachments

• MWT tweet.jpg
    MWT tweet.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 22
Another article about the MWT doc with some additional information. A few key things stick out to me -

One is that the people writing the programme reviews have not been allowed to watch the third episode, the one about the alleged alibi. Why would that be?

Another relates to a previous query we had in the German TV guide about someone in the programme wondering if they had been in the same vehicle as MM after her disappearance. It appears from the below that it is indeed DF as some of us suspected.

The other revelation, is it appears from the synopsis below that MWT didn't just write to CB, but also interviewed him in person. That will be enlightening to watch.

In general, it does appear the theme of the series is to cast doubt on the official investigation conclusions. Similar to what MWT has done in previous docs like with Oscar Pistorius.

For now, the channel has allowed journalists to view the first two chapters and there are many data, confessions and facts that will surprise and shock the audience.

One of those moments is an interview by Williams-Thomas with Dieter Fehling , a German who met Brueckner in the Portuguese town of Foral , where the main suspect lived for a time around the time of the disappearance of the British girl. Fehling remembers that he met him in April or May 2007 (Madeleine disappeared on May 3 of that year) and was very struck by the size of her De Ella motorhome .

Curiosity led him to ask Brueckner to show it to him, to which Brueckner agreed. The witness describes the interior as a very large place, “like a room with an armchair”. He also added that during the conversation, the German pedophile told him that he planned to transport marijuana to Germany or Russia.

A startled Fehling asked where he would hide it, and Brueckner gave a chilling explanation that Fehling still hasn't been able to get out of his head: "I remodeled and fixed up a hiding place (inside the motorhome) big enough to fit small children." Despite having made that confession, she did not want Fehling to see it. At the time he didn't care, but now with the passage of time he is convinced that "Madeleine was in that vehicle... I hope she wasn't there when I got in." Williams-Thomas recalled that when the vehicle was seized by the Police, there was children's underwear, including swimsuits.

In addition to this interview, throughout the 45 minutes of the three episodes , the investigator questions the prosecution's theory that Brueckner's phone places him near the apartments and reveals that one of the key witnesses against the pedophile is not a trustworthy person and that all the official statements he has made have always been with money involved. As a climax, in the last installment Williams-Thomas achieves the first interview granted by Brueckner -who had previously written some letters to some German media- and puts on the table and data that would completely turn the investigation upside down: the German pedophile He has an alibi for the day of the events.

El sospechoso del caso de Madeleine McCann remodeló su caravana para “poder esconder a niños pequeños”

I get where you're coming from and did consider that myself. The date could be seen as somewhat disrespectful, depending on the content/theme of the programme I suppose. But (like it or not) you do often see programmes being scheduled to coincide with anniversary dates of whatever subject they're covering.

I'm just saying that "if" the reason for it not being broadcast yet is purely due to scheduling considerations (as some think), or they want to maximise the audience, airing it around the anniversary would make sense if there are no external restrictions.

I did notice this following article about a week ago where it mentioned that the production company "Drive" had sold a package of their documentaries to Spanish, Portuguese and Australian networks. The new MM doc is part of that package.

News round-up: AMC & Foxtel take Drive shows; Voot strengthens comedy offering; Banijay Germany forges influencer pact

But MWT has previously stated that Channel 5 were sold the rights for the premiere and so it cannot air in any other country before it airs in the UK. I can't see how this new deal would override that agreement, so unless we see an announcement from Channel 5 soon, my guess would be this airing in Spain/Portugal won't go ahead on the 3rd, just like the German one didn't. JMO.

As for what the "exclusive" revelation is, I think that is in reference to the alleged 'alibi' that CB has told him about. Yet despite how apparently outraged he is at being publicly accused, and fearing for his life in prison, neither he, nor his lawyers has bothered to tell the people investigating him about this alibi in order to clear his name. He tells an investigative journalist instead, one who has a bit of a reputation for going against the grain of police narrative and casting doubt on their conclusions. All seems rather fishy to me.....

In this case what would happen if Channel 5 decided not to air the documentary at all or not within a specified time? Could others go ahead with their schedule ?

RSBM
One is that the people writing the programme reviews have not been allowed to watch the third episode, the one about the alleged alibi. Why would that be?

The other revelation, is it appears from the synopsis below that MWT didn't just write to CB, but also interviewed him in person.

Maybe you've answered your own question? That the interview - a sensational first - is the doc's key selling point, and they don't want any leaks in advance of broadcast?

The interview would of course be interesting. But it may also not deliver the remit of the 'not guilty' doc that MWT promised - its selling point, as far as I'm aware from what he's said in past 'previews'. And maybe he doesn't want that getting in the way of his big moment.

All speculation of course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members