Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
German paedophile Christian Brueckner has been officially named as a suspect in Madeleine McCann'sdisappearance for the very first time.

He was named as an official suspect by Portuguese authorities yesterday, the 43-year-old’s lawyers confirmed.

It is believed that the move, making Brueckner an “arguido” (defendant), is linked to the upcoming 15th anniversary of the young girl’s abduction.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-christian-brueckner-named-official-26766428

German paedophile Christian Brueckner has been officially named as a suspect in Madeleine McCann'sdisappearance for the very first time.

He was named as an official suspect by Portuguese authorities yesterday, the 43-year-old’s lawyers confirmed.

It is believed that the move, making Brueckner an “arguido” (defendant), is linked to the upcoming 15th anniversary of the young girl’s abduction.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-christian-brueckner-named-official-26766428
Hmmmmm. Very interesting.....

Obviously a tactical move by the authorities. But hard to imagine, that it came out of nothing. Probably the germans shared some of their evidence with the portugese officials.

Side effect, everybody who isn't kept as an arguido could come forward maybe.

Let's keep on thinking positive!

German tabloid BILD recently reported, that a charge would take place in Portugal, but it's behind a paywall, unfortuneatly....

If it turns out as a big bluff, that german prosecutors would be in charge whilst they just supported the portugese investigators, i would take my hats off!

"Witnesses in criminal investigations are legally bound to co-operate with the police and do not have the right to silence and face legal actions if they lie.[7][9] Because of the legal advantages, some individuals apply for arguido status to be given to themselves, e.g. when it would appear that the police suspect them but are trying to use their witness status to extract as much information as possible."

Arguido - Wikipedia

How interesting...!o_O;)

Maybe they are aiming for NF, in germany she has the right to remain silent as a simple witness that doesn't has to incriminate herself....

im-very-excite.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously a tactical move by the authorities. But hard to imagine, that it came out of nothing. Probably the germans shared some of their evidence with the portugese officials.

Side effect, everybody who isn't kept as an arguido could come forward maybe.

Let's keep on thinking positive!
This is exactly what I was afraid of. RM requested to be made an arguido in the original Portuguese investigation, something he was legally allowed & perfectly entitled to do. The PJ investigative phase will be reset and I anticipate that CB will be fighting tooth & nail to be tried in Portugal. :mad:

This is exactly what I was afraid of. RM requested to be made an arguido in the original Portuguese investigation, something he was legally allowed & perfectly entitled to do. The PJ investigative phase will be reset and I anticipate that CB will be fighting tooth & nail to be tried in Portugal. :mad:
Misty, do you think CB requested arguido status or did the PJ offer it?

That makes no sense IMO. No offence!

PJ could have been waiting and they wouldn't have to carry on with any kind of investigation. So why taking over responsibility? This ain't 2007 anymore, even in Portugal.

Doing this kind of method to prevent any outcome would be an easy prey for the press according to conspiracy theories. Counterproductive at the end. Don't you think?

“It is understood German investigators are currently focusing their efforts on forensic work on the VW camper van Brueckner used while he lived on the Algarve which featured in a police appeal about the convicted rapist’s vehicles. “

Christian Brueckner named as official suspect in Madeleine McCann case

I wonder if this is correct..that the BKA are presently focused on the VW ?
Or could it be the Winnebago ?
Or press speculation..?

Last edited:

Yes, he didn’t expect this and has no idea, whats happening right now IMO!

'Without knowing the Portuguese legal situation in detail, I assume that this measure is a procedural artifice to stop the statute of limitations threatening in a few days.'

Let him assume....;)

IMO all of this has been planned with thoroughness.

Last edited:
That makes no sense IMO. No offence!

PJ could have been waiting and they wouldn't have to carry on with any kind of investigation. So why taking over responsibility? This ain't 2007 anymore, even in Portugal.

Doing this kind of method to prevent any outcome would be an easy prey for the press according to conspiracy theories. Counterproductive at the end. Don't you think?
Doesn't it all very much depend on who CB's paymasters are? Those lawyers don't come cheap.

Yes, he didn’t expected this and has no idea, whats happening right now IMO!

'Without knowing the Portuguese legal situation in detail, I assume that this measure is a procedural artifice to stop the statute of limitations threatening in a few days.'

Let him assume....;)

IMO all of this has been planned with thoroughness.
If BKA aren't yet in a position to charge CB with all the evidence they hold, what would make the PJ think they would be in a position to do so within the next 8 months?

Very interesting indeed!
Is this some kind of legal thing that has to be done before a charge in Germany?
There's much 'simmering' in this case atm.

I would like to see it as an option to put pressure on possible witnesses either to speak out, or to beg for being kept as an arguido, so they don't have to incriminate themselves.

Discussable portugese law IMO, but a useful way for other prosecutors to take a view behind the curtain.

Why?

It has not any counterproductive influence on the german investigations against a german citizen and suspect, who "lives" in germany at the time.

I do not think, that germany has to extradite CB to portugal for a trial, if german prosecutors are planning to charge CB by themselves!

Last edited:
Right misty, i said that many pages before. It could be a clue to the case!

Somebody doesn't want the so called "businessman" CB to talk about the truth....
The extradition proceedings will be interesting. Portuguese police will be stocking up on stair wax in anticipation.

I would like to see it as an option to put pressure on possible witnesses either to speak out, or to be beg for being kept as an arguido so they don't have to incriminate themselves.

Discussable portugese law IMO, but a useful way for other prosecutors to take a view behind the curtain.

Why?

It has not any counterprductive influence on the german investigations against a german citizen and suspect, who "lives" in germany at the time.

I do not think, that germany has to extradite CB to portugal for a trial, if german prosecutors are planning to charge CB by themselves!

Maybe CB's arguido status means that the Portuguese can still 'legally' cooperate with the BKA after the May 3?

“The person was made an arguido by the German authorities in execution of a request for international judicial cooperation issued by the Public Ministry of Portugal.

“The investigation is led by the Portimao section of the DIAP in Faro with the assistance of the Policia Judiciaria police.

Portuguese detectives make Christian B official suspect over disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper