Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The extradition proceedings will be interesting. Portuguese police will be stocking up on stair wax in anticipation.

To be honest.

I do not assume Portugal to appeal for an extradition that soon. I do not even assume any official interrogation, that should be made by portugese prosecutors in a german prison.

But i assume the portugese prosecutors to name witnesses based in germany and appeal for legal assistance of the german prosecutors.

Maybe this constellation could give the opportunity, german related witnesses aren't able to remain silent that easy. But i'm not 100 percent sure if that is possible, i must admit!

To me, it looks like a very close colloboration between portugal and germany!

A man has been charged over the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, almost 15 years since the young girl vanished while on holiday in Portugal.

Christian Brueckner has been charged in Germany at Portugal’s request, a Portuguese prosecutor’s office announced.

Brueckner the prime suspect since he was named by German police two years ago, with officials revealing they believed he killed the three-year-old.

He is currently serving a seven-year sentence in a German prison for the 2005 rape of a 72-year-old American woman in Praia da Luz at the same resort Madeleine disappeared from.

Earlier this year, Brueckner claimed in a series of letters from prison that it would have been “absurd” for him to have abducted the little girl.

In a string of letters to German TV station Sat 1 that were broadcast in February as part of a new documentary, Brueckner went further to dismiss the case against him, saying if he had been involved, it would have risked his criminal life.

He wrote that he survived as a drug dealer and was never caught by police because he “followed a few key principles”.

“Where possible, only driving during the day so that my battered ‘hippy bus’ didn’t attract attention, only driving on the roads I needed to and, most importantly, never provoking the police,” he wrote.

“So that means not committing any crimes, certainly not abducting anyone.

“Having said that, this was just as absurd to me at the time as starting a nuclear war or slaughtering a chicken.”

It’s the first time Brueckner responded publicly to the various allegations from prosecutors in the German city of Braunschweig, where investigators were working with support from Scotland Yard detectives and Portuguese police.

More to come.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news...e/news-story/e5bcdc3ebda9389f3c969fe0e88f4c05

In light of this, it might be a good time to have a separate media thread for this as I think the number of posters on here may begin to grow.
What do you all think?
Not sure. A lot of certain people seem to have gone very quiet all of a sudden. No doubt trying to come up with a reason that this development is somehow "good" for their agenda. Lets see what happens.....

Can see lots of press articles saying CB has been charged…but saying “ reportedly “ and using inverted commas around … “ charged “ …but no official statement from someone such as HCW to back up such reports..
Being made arguido in Portugal is not same thing as being charged as far as I’m aware..?

Can see lots of press articles saying CB has been charged…but saying “ reportedly “ and using inverted commas around … “ charged “ …but no official statement from someone such as HCW to back up such reports..
Might it be somebody misinterpreting the arguido move & then the rest of the media getting over-excited?

Doesn't matter! Anyway, it looks like some kind of movement!

After months of disturbing void!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member