Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent and current (today) article written by a senior investigation officer from CEOP, the UK’s Child Exploitation Online Protection Centre who was sent to Portugal as part of the UK’s response to Madeleine’s disappearance.

"The majority of children who are murdered after being abducted by someone unknown to them are dead within three to six hours"
"From the outset I was struck by the lack of urgency surrounding the investigation and it was difficult to establish any detailed information around what direction the investigation was taking."

Investigation into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance was ‘flawed from the start’, says detective

Interesting thanks but really? He asks when Portuguese investigated CB and when UK police were passed his info? Even I know those details, UK police had all the files in 2012, they reviewed them.
...I'm also shocked that he as a ( former) police officer asked the parents what scenarios they thought were likely and then put that in his report.
Why would Portuguese welcome interference from CEOP which is not the UK police but a different organisation? They were already working with UK police.
CEOP have a checkered history. More smearing of the Portuguese IMO.

''In September 2015, gross misconduct notices were served on four police officers who had held management roles in CEOP. The actions were part of an Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) investigation into a 16-month delay in passing on information about 2,345 British child abuse suspects"

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command - Wikipedia

In theory they could ask his ex girlfriends if they are willing to undergo 'hypnosis', if so that could unlock vital details (clearly not to use in court).

Yes, that was Operation Orchid. There was a cooperating witness (who was also a perpetrator) in those cases who was critical to the ongoing investigations of the many interconnected assaults and murders committed by the gang.

There were definitely appeals on Crimewatch and Hissing Sid (Cooke) was finally rearrested on the new murder charges. I agree that reintroducing a case with updated info can be helpful. Hope it works here.

NOTE: There was an excellent doc on the Orchid cases called, IIRC, The Lost Boys, probs still avail on YT. It is highly technical, not at all sensationalistic and deeply disturbing and sad. It gives a bleak window into the worlds of both victim and abusers. It is also full of possible triggers.
Thank you, I will check that out.

Another definition of Deep throat (one word or two, depending on definition)
deep throat

noun
  1. a person who anonymously supplies information about covert or illegal action in the organization where they work.

I all but guarantee you they were referring to the sex act deep throating and not the *advertiser censored* or the Watergate guy, or anything else.

The key to unlocking the case is the various properties and people close to him, i.e. the girlfriends especially the British girlfriend at the time Maddie disappeared. As to whether any evidence has survived, that's a different matter.
I agree, especially properties, as in, where would he have hidden remains.

Interesting thanks but really? He asks when Portuguese investigated CB and when UK police were passed his info? Even I know those details, UK police had all the files in 2012, they reviewed them.
...I'm also shocked that he as a ( former) police officer asked the parents what scenarios they thought were likely and then put that in his report.
Why would Portuguese welcome interference from CEOP which is not the UK police but a different organisation? They were already working with UK police.
CEOP have a checkered history. More smearing of the Portuguese IMO.

''In September 2015, gross misconduct notices were served on four police officers who had held management roles in CEOP. The actions were part of an Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) investigation into a 16-month delay in passing on information about 2,345 British child abuse suspects"

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command - Wikipedia
I don't know enough about CEOP to comment fully but I would imagine that their expertise would have been a useful addition to the investigation.

I don't know enough about CEOP to comment fully but I would imagine that their expertise would have been a useful addition to the investigation.
Sounds like they all got in each other's way.
"Disappointingly, as the investigation progressed there was also a certain amount of inter-agency rivalry between the UK agencies involved, which resulted in a fraught working relationship."

And here's another article about it.
'Competing British police forces' harmed Madeleine McCann search

That would be me, his old lawyers has withdrawn, his new lawyers has taken over, he's in 'isolation' for his own protection, probably being checked on every '15 minutes'.
Probably not in a great place mentally, the 'dark clouds' closing in on him.
I was thinking about the possible reasons why his old lawyers might have withdrawn in general and whether it was anything to do with all this information being made public.

Solitary confinement - confession?

Sounds like they all got in each other's way.
"Disappointingly, as the investigation progressed there was also a certain amount of inter-agency rivalry between the UK agencies involved, which resulted in a fraught working relationship."

And here's another article about it.
'Competing British police forces' harmed Madeleine McCann search

Yes too much interference in my view. At one point CEOP appealing to the public for photos and then not passing it onto the Portuguese investigation. ...allegedly.

A Freedom of Information request asked where the photos went and has been ignored which is unlawful!

Madeleine McCann - a Freedom of Information request to Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball