Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly as I thought it would play out.
I don't care about CB nor his reputation but even criminals have laws that protect them against accusations. This could take years! But I don't really see what choices the prosecutors had in playing it this way.

Better to have a justice system then none, and just summary justice.

The key to unlocking the case is the various properties and people close to him, i.e. the girlfriends especially the British girlfriend at the time Maddie disappeared. As to whether any evidence has survived, that's a different matter.

Different wording appearing on different sites. How can they know how she died but only "assume" she is dead? .

The translations are different from time to time but when you listen or read the German words it's clear that they only "assume" or "believe very strongly" that she is dead based on what they heard and how these cases go most of the time, they don't have any real evidence.

The translations are different from time to time but when you listen or read the German words it's clear that they only "assume" or "believe very strongly" that she is dead based on what they heard and how these cases go most of the time, they don't have any real evidence.
do you know why the german media decided to release his name and picture? i just read an article where the uk press admitted they weren't allowed to print his pic until they had permission first, they don't normally listen mind, just wondering why they decided to when usually they are given anonymity?

The key to unlocking the case is the various properties and people close to him, i.e. the girlfriends especially the British girlfriend at the time Maddie disappeared. As to whether any evidence has survived, that's a different matter.
What kind of evidence could they bring to the table?

do you know why the german media decided to release his name and picture? i just read an article where the uk press admitted they weren't allowed to print his pic until they had permission first, they don't normally listen mind, just wondering why they decided to when usually they are given anonymity?

Some do it because the feel because of the international nature of the case, his name is out on twitter etc. for all to see anyway. SPIEGEL, one of the biggest news sites still calls him Christian B.
Fall Maddie McCann: Keine Hinweise auf Zusammenhang mit vermisstem René - DER SPIEGEL - Panorama

Excellent and current (today) article written by a senior investigation officer from CEOP, the UK’s Child Exploitation Online Protection Centre who was sent to Portugal as part of the UK’s response to Madeleine’s disappearance.

"The majority of children who are murdered after being abducted by someone unknown to them are dead within three to six hours"
"From the outset I was struck by the lack of urgency surrounding the investigation and it was difficult to establish any detailed information around what direction the investigation was taking."

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/madelei...portugal-praia-da-luz-flawed-explained-442447

I keep being reminded of the Sydney Cooke case back in the 80's/90's. The police were anxious to re-arrest him as soon as he was freed from a sentence. They reinvestigated past crimes and also went on TV asking for victims to come forward.

Yes, that was Operation Orchid. There was a cooperating witness (who was also a perpetrator) in those cases who was critical to the ongoing investigations of the many interconnected assaults and murders committed by the gang.

There were definitely appeals on Crimewatch and Hissing Sid (Cooke) was finally rearrested on the new murder charges. I agree that reintroducing a case with updated info can be helpful. Hope it works here.

NOTE: There was an excellent doc on the Orchid cases called, IIRC, The Lost Boys, probs still avail on YT. It is highly technical, not at all sensationalistic and deeply disturbing and sad. It gives a bleak window into the worlds of both victim and abusers. It is also full of possible triggers.

Well that was my initial thought too, that it was some sort of codename.

Other people here seem to think it means something more literal but that didn't totally make sense to me in the context of what he said in the previous line.

I'm still not really sure, whichever way you interpret it though it's very disturbing.

Even if it is a codename for someone... it still means the same thing probably, just perhaps in a more descriptive way than say a regular name like "Adam" might.

What kind of evidence could they bring to the table?
I have been following MM’s case mostly on the side-line.
Cases like these are heartbreaking and the worst nightmare of a life-time.
Reading all the details of his sick evil,cold and cruel mind makes me sick.I really hope he will be put away forever and that parents,family get a closure,somehow...Hopefully after the Maddie MSM attention,it will be his ondoing.
With a little help from his ex GF’s ??

“ Ex-girlfriends suspicious case Maddie break silence”
Two ex-girlfriends of German Christian B. (43), the new suspect in Madeline McCann's disappearance case, break the silence about their former lover. Both come with disclosures that indicate Christian B. is involved in Madeline's disappearance.....
Google Translate
orgin source:
Ex-vriendinnen verdachte zaak Maddie doorbreken stilte - Ditjes & Datjes

Some do it because the feel because of the international nature of the case, his name is out on twitter etc. for all to see anyway. SPIEGEL, one of the biggest news sites still calls him Christian B.
Fall Maddie McCann: Keine Hinweise auf Zusammenhang mit vermisstem René - DER SPIEGEL - Panorama
Someone posted a link here yesterday to a video on their website which showed his uncensored picture and they said his full name. I made a comment about it as I couldn't understand why they are now allowed to use his name and picture.

Edit: Link below

SPIEGEL TV exklusiv: Das kriminelle Leben des Christian B. - DER SPIEGEL - Panorama

Last edited:
What do you make of the appeals for people who can describe the interior of his homes, and the certainty that there are other victims who are Irish, English or American (ie native English speakers)? I struggle to make sense of this without them having video of some kind.

Low-resolution, tripod-shot camera footage without proper lighting is likely to create a fair amount of ambiguity. Hard to confirm his identity or that of his victim categorically, and if the victim is unconscious, impossible to confirm if they were alive at the time, or if they survived.

Damn, it’s distressing just typing that. Monsters are walking amongst us.

It could even just be still photos they have that don't confirm who the photographer / and or / attacker were. They seem clear on the idea that Maddie is deceased, but can't prove CB is the one who took her / killed her. If there was a video, its possible police only have a still or stills from it....

In the Sun, but apparently source RTL
Maddie suspect will NOT give information on her disappearance, says lawyer
''
CHRISTIAN B. will NOT give any information on her disappearance, his lawyer said today.
His attorney Friedrich Fülscher, who represents him with lawyer Johann Schwenn, told RTL today: “Christian B is not making any statements on the case at the moment and we ask for your understanding that we as defense attorneys are not making any statements either.”

He said he had visited Christian B. in prison at Kiel Penitentiary, where the 43-year-old German was being held in solitary confinement, it was reported.
When asked how his client was doing, Mr Fülscher replied: “How should a person be doing who is isolated in a prison and accused of the worst crimes by half the world's population?''

The lawyer announced that he would take "civil or criminal" action against false suspicions of his client.
Christian B is now the prime suspect in the infamous 2007 disappearance with prosecutors in Germany investigating him "on suspicion of murder".

They sensationally revealed last week they believe Madeleine is dead and know how she was killed - despite no body being found.

A source close to the German Police investigation told the Sun Online: "If he is responsible for taking Madeleine and suddenly crumbles and confesses it could end reasonably rapidly.
"But so far he is saying absolutely nothing to officers, he is keeping schtum, so Kate and Gerry could be left in limbo for many weeks and months which is agonising for them."

Interesting headline: "...will NOT give information on her disappearance". The wording on that seems to imply he HAS info, but will NOT be sharing it with LE.

Just rewatching the Netflix series and it reminds me just how bad the PJ dealt with it all. Leaking information to the local press that turned out to be untrue and putting KM and GM in the firing line.

I will never understand why they left the kids alone and for a long time though they might have been involved in some way (up until first watching the Netflix series really) but now I just feel desperately sad for them that they have to live with the guilt of leaving them alone and the trauma of knowing that the worst ordeal in the world probably happened to their 3 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball