Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it worth seeing?
It was mostly stuff we already knew about. The main take away from it was that the veracity of the "new evidence" MWT promoted the doc against was grossly overexaggerated. He doesn't establish any corroboration of CB's supposed alibi, certainly not for the days around the disappearance. In fact, MWT negated to mention in any of his promotions that CB isn't actually sure himself if he was with this woman on the 3rd. So it seems this is just an "it's possible" type of alibi that FF and CB are touting.

MWT basically makes a speculative assumption that because CB told the truth about some things, maybe he is telling the truth about everything else. That's about the up and down of it, no real "facts" established by MWT.

There were a couple of new things brought up, nothing major but for those following the case it is still probably worth a watch. MWT having a knife lobbed at him and then chased off with a shovel was probably the biggest surprise of the doc though.

ah! this might mean the first proper part of the series will air on the 17th??
I don’t think so … according my TV magazine the 17th is just a repeat showing of last night’s programme …
The 90 min doc yesterday was half the length of originally touted coverage ( 3*60).. maybe some of it was blocked for some reason , perhaps will be more sometime in the future..?

Last edited:
I don’t think so … according my TV magazine the 17th is just a repeat showing of last night’s programme …
The 90 min doc last night was half the length of originally touted coverage ( 3*60).. maybe some of it was blocked for some reason , perhaps will be more in future..?
okay, thanks for clarifying!

why have episode 1 then if there is no episode 2...?

okay, thanks for clarifying!

why have episode 1 then if there is no episode 2...?
Yes .. I sometimes wonder that myself.. perhaps just to keep options open ?
Seem to recall they called the Netflix MM release Season 1 , even though there has never been talk of a Season 2 ..?

Yes .. I sometimes wonder that myself.. perhaps just to keep options open ?
Seem to recall they called the Netflix MM release Season 1 , even though there has never been talk of a Season 2 ..?

Of course reality is not a TV programme , but real life ..
MM has her 19th Birthday today .. so … Happy Birthday Madeleine..wherever you are..

Couple of end bits from the documentary from CB .

I deny any involvement in MM disappearance.

I did not commit DM rape.

I deny the playground incident in 2017.

And obviously he’s recently denied the beach assault the month before MM went missing . Oh and HB as well .

All a fit up for this scapegoat .

I have wondered about the wandering thing myself - it's part of my carnival of mirrors theory

Let's assume CB is guilty

Could it have been the case that the Tapas group cross-contaminated and tailored their evidence out of fear and self preservation rather than any conspiracy, and thus cast suspicion on themselves and diverted the investigation?

It would explain a hell of a lot.

You mean MM wandering out of the apartment? Could you go a little more in depth? I'm interested in what makes you entertain this idea. I do believe there was definitely some self preservation going on in the very beginning i.e. Gerry at first saying they went through the locked door to check on the children and not through the unsecured sliding patio doors. I believe he said that because he was in a foreign country and knew they left their children unattended for dinner without securing their apartment. I am sure he was unaware of all of their laws regarding doing so. However, it's obvious that he, Kate, and their friends didn't conspire a story together (imo) as Kate and their friends always said the McCann's entered their unlocked patio sliding doors to check on their children.
I do believe Kate found the window and shutters up just like she said she did. Sure her fingerprints were noted on the window but just because CB's wasn't is no surprise to me. One of CB's friends said he always wore gloves during his burglaries. The window may not have even been an entry or exit point for the abductor. It could have been opened by the perp to allow for a faster escape if caught inside.

CA-3000​

Sorry, but you appear to be trying to stream My5 from outside the UK, which is not supported.

If you continue to see this error please visit the My5 Help Centre for more information and advice: https://help.channel5.com

I thought it was available because a (Play episode 1) button popped up that wasn't showing last night, but when I pressed it I got the above message.

CA-3000​

Sorry, but you appear to be trying to stream My5 from outside the UK, which is not supported.

If you continue to see this error please visit the My5 Help Centre for more information and advice: https://help.channel5.com

I thought it was available because a (Play episode 1) button popped up that wasn't showing last night, but when I pressed it I got the above message.
If you download the Psiphon App, change your VPN to UK, you should be able to see it.

Couple of end bits from the documentary from CB .

I deny any involvement in MM disappearance.

I did not commit DM rape.

I deny the playground incident in 2017.

And obviously he’s recently denied the beach assault the month before MM went missing . Oh and HB as well .

All a fit up for this scapegoat

CA-3000​

I also get this, even with VPN.

There is really only a few different angles for these shows.

A common one is the contrarian

The police say the accused did the heinous crime but really he stands falsely accused. Let me reveal the truth!

This was common with Pistorius and Knox and even the parents themselves. Whatever you think about innocence in the cases, the way the docos work is to portray the accused as the victim of injustice, but then hint they might really be guilty.

In this case, CB is completely unsympathetic - so MWT seems to have set himself a much more difficult task.

I do wonder if he set out to make this doco and was left with not much he could use for a compelling story.
^ Why didn't he throw the towel in then, once he saw how unimpressive and lacking in substance the 'evidence' bank he had was? He must have known it, to put it generously, lacked substance. It didn't stop him from bigging it up though, did it, into a shocker of 'falling off seats' proportion.

Ah well, no surprise on my part that it failed the 'shocking' and 'turning the case on its head' fronts.

^ Why didn't he throw the towel in then, once he saw how unimpressive and lacking in substance the 'evidence' bank he had was? He must have known it, to put it generously, lacked substance. It didn't stop him from bigging it up though, did it, into a shocker of 'falling off seats' proportion.

Ah well, no surprise on my part that it failed the 'shocking' and 'turning the case on its head' fronts.

Because the production was already sold so he had to deliver something.

I think seeing as how he didn't find out anything new, and had some access to the accused, contrarian was the only way to go.

As it was edited down to half of it's original length, one can only wonder at what was omitted.

It was mostly stuff we already knew about. The main take away from it was that the veracity of the "new evidence" MWT promoted the doc against was grossly overexaggerated. He doesn't establish any corroboration of CB's supposed alibi, certainly not for the days around the disappearance. In fact, MWT negated to mention in any of his promotions that CB isn't actually sure himself if he was with this woman on the 3rd. So it seems this is just an "it's possible" type of alibi that FF and CB are touting.

MWT basically makes a speculative assumption that because CB told the truth about some things, maybe he is telling the truth about everything else. That's about the up and down of it, no real "facts" established by MWT.

There were a couple of new things brought up, nothing major but for those following the case it is still probably worth a watch. MWT having a knife lobbed at him and then chased off with a shovel was probably the biggest surprise of the doc though.

Thanks - I will give it a miss then. I guess we didn't expect much and he delivered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd