Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the searches were very very specific and lasted only 3 days. that is also what they expected. so I guess the intel was much more specific than CB spent time in his camp in Arade the days around MM's disappearance. OR, they have a picture of MM dead/alive in this location from his 8000 pics stash, they managed to geolocate the spot through this tip off, and they only needed evidence that CB was indeed there. jmo
There are reports they knew he had been there,so it's the Madeleine link missing imo.

The Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manhã reported that German police had given their Portuguese counterparts videos and photographs taken by Brückner of the area at the centre of the search.

There are reports they knew he had been there,so it's the Madeleine link missing imo.

The Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manhã reported that German police had given their Portuguese counterparts videos and photographs taken by Brückner of the area at the centre of the search.
If the BKA did pass on photos and videos to the Portuguese was it this that led the Portuguese into naming him an arguido ? I can’t see the PJ naming him an arguido just because the statute of limitations running out .

The daisy drawing is quite interesting IMO. Given the tone of the letter and his rant against the Prosecution, initial thoughts are that it's perhaps aimed at them. i.e. that they have plucked at the clues and have 'landed' on him being guilty based on poor deductive efforts. Although this then doesn't entirely fit with what the narrative of what he says about them. His continual claim is that there is a concerted effort to "fit him up", so I don't know if the daisy plucking drawing is an appropriate analogy in that respect.

A second option is that the daisy picking represents the watching media & public who are trying to decide whether he is guilty or not. He makes a comment in the letter of being "told a long time ago" that the MM case was going to be dropped and he then says "I wasn't telling you because I'm afraid that you and the other English people are going to lose their interest in me and my case, for that reason I beg your silence." Well, the request for silence clearly didn't pan out but it seems his wish for the public interest to continue certainly has. Whether or not CB is guilty, it feels like he is revelling in all this media attention and sees it as one big game.

It reminds me of the comment he made in another letter when Jutta Rabe had asked him whether he was involved in MM's disappearance. He replied "What do you think? Am I innocent or did I commit the perfect crime?". I think he gets enjoyment out of keeping everyone guessing. JMO.
I think you underestimating the effect of being the one the world has been told murdered a child. Three years of accusation but no charge and no opportunity to know the evidence against you. And looking at that drawing of the corridor I'm surprised he's not quoting from Ulrike Meinhof's 'Dead Wing' already.

I think you underestimating the effect of being the one the world has been told murdered a child. Three years of accusation but no charge and no opportunity to know the evidence against you. And looking at that drawing of the corridor I'm surprised he's not quoting from Ulrike Meinhof's 'Dead Wing' already.
jmo but I think he is really having fun with and enjoying all the publicity and notoriety. he has been handed a file of some 500 pages for the other crimes he has been charged with, which also it seems have evidence for the MM case as well. he is a brutal rapist and paedophile, a petty criminal and a narcissist not an activist. he is in prison for other crimes he has committed, not for MM. he is in solitary confinement (if he is indeed) for his own good. paedophiles do not have a good time in prison... jmo

jmo but I think he is really having fun with and enjoying all the publicity and notoriety. he has been handed a file of some 500 pages for the other crimes he has been charged with, which also it seems have evidence for the MM case as well. he is a brutal rapist and paedophile, a petty criminal and a narcissist not an activist. he is in prison for other crimes he has committed, not for MM. he is in solitary confinement (if he is indeed) for his own good. paedophiles do not have a good time in prison... jmo
I know, we all know he's not a pleasant individual, to say the least, but he is not a proven child killer. It's not right what they've done imo

He's being punished for the crime he's serving the current sentence for of course but nobody deserves three years of accusation without charge. Even the defendants at the ICTY weren't treated like this.
how is he treated? it doesn't seem like he is in despair... I am sure his 4-strong lawyer team would have raised human rights concerns if there were any.

how is he treated? it doesn't seem like he is in despair... I am sure his 4-strong lawyer team would have raised human rights concerns if there were any.
"I'm almost sure that some other persons in my situation would have capitulated long time ago". I reckon he's right about that. I'm sure I'd not survive three years of being accused of child murder.

I was just giving my impression of his commentary and drawings, others will of course have a different view. CB has made numerous comments that indicate he is getting a kick out of the notoriety though. He talked about "sitting back and relaxing" to wait for the charges and that "all his dreams" were coming true with this media storm, as well as many other goady and cryptic comments. I don't think we can just assume he must be in despair because of the seriousness of the charge, he may be absolutely loving all the fame and attention for all we know. The isolation aspect... not so much I expect. But then being a convicted rapist and child sex offender, his treatment and liberties in prison would have been restricted to a large degree anyway. JMO.

I know, we all know he's not a pleasant individual, to say the least, but he is not a proven child killer. It's not right what they've done imo
This is why the cases were brought regarding the rapes and exposure /assualt, CB can remain a murder suspect without any charges being laid.

There's a chance imo this will end similar to the Ben Needham case where professional opinion wins out, with out strong evidence that says CB killed Madeleine without a charge ever being made.

Last edited:
It's definitely not easy to get into his shoes, unless one is a child abuser and a brutal rapist.
I realise few are going to be much concerned about his welfare. But they ought to be concerned about the actions of the state imo That's all I'm saying. Because we should all be alert to abuses of power lest they perhaps one day also happen to us or to someone we care about or admire politically etc.

On another note, does anyone remember seeing that photo of the circle of stones before? I had deja vu when I saw it in the latest article, thinking I'd prehaps seen it mentioned in a previous Olive Press article but looking through their website I can't seem to find any record of it now. Did I dream it, or was it taken down perhaps?

Let's just hope he's not driven and declared clinically insane before any prospective trial in Madeleine's case.
An indictment in the first instance wouldn't go amiss.

Where did CB get his education to be so versed in English that enables sometimes mere mortals to offer opinions of what his supposed writings and drawings expose, him being being an itinerant .

This is why the cases were brought regarding the rapes and exposure /assualt, CB can remain a murder suspect without any charges being laid.

There's a chance imo this will end similar to the Ben Needham case where professional opinion wins out, with out strong evidence that says CB killed Madeleine without a charge ever being made.
You might be right and various media and so-called case experts will be cool with that happening. The truth matters to the rest of us though I'm sure, and always will.

I was just giving my impression of his commentary and drawings, others will of course have a different view. CB has made numerous comments that indicate he is getting a kick out of the notoriety though. He talked about "sitting back and relaxing" to wait for the charges and that "all his dreams" were coming true with this media storm, as well as many other goady and cryptic comments. I don't think we can just assume he must be in despair because of the seriousness of the charge, he may be absolutely loving all the fame and attention for all we know. The isolation aspect... not so much I expect. But then being a convicted rapist and child sex offender, his treatment and liberties in prison would have been restricted to a large degree anyway. JMO.
Fair enough, I just thought you were cherry picking a bit from the letter. But you're entitled to read the text whichever way you wish of course. I still think psychologists would tell us the likely effect of being accused of child murder though, especially in the way this case has been conducted by the prosecutors. (jmo though of course)

I realise few are going to be much concerned about his welfare. But they ought to be concerned about the actions of the state imo That's all I'm saying. Because we should all be alert to abuses of power lest they perhaps one day also happen to us or to someone we care about or admire politically etc.
That's why I said previously his 4 strong team of lawyers would have definitely picked up on anything even remotely abusing his human rights. Who has such a strong team of lawyers!?

Reactions: Mex
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member