Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same impression. Highly controlled handwriting, robotic almost. He was fired up by his manifesto for sure. Regardless of graphology, I would wonder about someone with flawless handwriting! Lol

That said, the ‘guilty not guilty’ lines in the drawing are interesting. They’ve written with heavier pressure and overtracing of some words, and his letter formation on the ‘t’ changes and almost seems belted up. The words get more snarled up on the right hand side. As if he’s putting a lot of mental energy into the narrative he wants out there, especially the ‘not guilty’ part of the equation. Just my own thoughts.
I find it strange he uses guilty and not guilty......and not just not guilty and innocent

We can also reveal it was four years ago that "they first told cops about his lair at the Arade lake in Portugal, 31 miles from Praia da Luz, where three-year-old Madeleine vanished in 2007.

The photos of the camp were taken in September 2021 and handed to police"

So the tip off for that "lair' was given in 2019 and the photos were taken in 2021...

How can it be so clean after all these years?? (I mean in 2021) Unless someone else was using it?? When did he leave Portugal?

Moreover, who is this ex-pal German mother of 2 who lives in the Algarve for 30 years??
There is a German lady (BB) FB friends with MT, MS also IIRC. I have wondered what she might have to say.

Last edited:
Well the article also mentions that they found photos of the camp in his stash of 8000 pics so they must have something to compare
But it's simple defence, ask CB ,were you at the reservoir, answer yes, what were you doing, answer shooting the breeze, it means nothing unless there are links between Madeleine, CB and there.

Back to the letters, it's said it appears CB has the some of the best lawyers, not sure some how they'd be letting them (letters) loose on the public.

Back to the letters, it's said it appears CB has the some of the best lawyers, not sure some how they'd be letting them (letters) loose on the public.
We don’t know that they haven’t reviewed them prior to release. This might be unusual but so has the prosecution strategy.

But it's simple defence, ask CB ,were you at the reservoir, answer yes, what were you doing, answer shooting the breeze, it means nothing unless there are links between Madeleine, CB and there.
That's the whole point. There must be a link otherwise why mobilise so many police forces. I doubt they would spend so much money if there was nothing tying CB, MM and this place. The real question is what?

That's the whole point. There must be a link otherwise why mobilise so many police forces. I doubt they would spend so much money if there was nothing tying CB, MM and this place. The real question is what?
CB can be linked to there, they followed up Intel that Madeleine was also, imo it's that link they need but do not have.

all these are true, but do not move the case forward one bit... stranger abduction is much much rarer, so of course the first suspects are the parents. it's just they were not cleared early on to move the investigation further.... somebody told them they need to write a piece and they did... nothing new...

One question, does anyone here know if the dogs actually made a Mark/referral?

And I remember that Seyferth told in an interview where he threw the gun into the water, that was not where the police have now searched.
And in a documentary by Mark Williams Thomas, it was said that Brückner's camera was probably in a car that had been sold to a dealer.

not sure they would be so focused on opening 8 holes without a pattern if they did not have that link from intel... I think they were looking for something very specific...
One can also look at it another way, If the information came from the same source that alleges CB killed the girl, then if the digs turn up nothing of substance how reliable is the Intel into CB ?

One question, does anyone here know if the dogs actually made a Mark/referral?

And I remember that Seyferth told in an interview where he threw the gun into the water, that was not where the police have now searched.
And in a documentary by Mark Williams Thomas, it was said that Brückner's camera was probably in a car that had been sold to a dealer.
is the dealer BP that had a scrapyard in Silves?

Last edited:
I saw that too. Don’t you think this makes them completely irrelevant so far as CB is concerned?

“The photos of the camp were taken in September 2021 and handed to police.”

He can’t have been there since 2017.

When I read this first, I thought the photos were from CB's alleged stash, so we were actually looking at his own pics of what it was like when he was there, as opposed to the reality, random pics taken by JC or someone else long after CB last visited. I can't see what possible significance they have.

I'm also failing, needless to say, to see anything remotely sinister about them.

One can also look at it another way, If the information came from the same source that alleges CB killed the girl, then if the digs turn up nothing of substance how reliable is the Intel into CB ?
the searches were very very specific and lasted only 3 days. that is also what they expected. so I guess the intel was much more specific than CB spent time in his camp in Arade the days around MM's disappearance. OR, they have a picture of MM dead/alive in this location from his 8000 pics stash, they managed to geolocate the spot through this tip off, and they only needed evidence that CB was indeed there. jmo

When I read this first, I thought the photos were from CB's alleged stash, so we were actually looking at his own pics of what it was like when he was there, as opposed to the reality, random pics taken by someone else long after CB last visited. I can't see what possible significance they have.

I'm also failing, needless to say, to see anything remotely sinister about them.
agreed, there isn't anything sinister about them. but they say they also have pics of this camp from CB's stash of 8000 pics. the sinister part could be in that stash?

I find it strange he uses guilty and not guilty......and not just not guilty and innocent
The daisy drawing is quite interesting IMO. Given the tone of the letter and his rant against the Prosecution, initial thoughts are that it's perhaps aimed at them. i.e. that they have plucked at the clues and have 'landed' on him being guilty based on poor deductive efforts. Although this then doesn't entirely fit with what the narrative of what he says about them. His continual claim is that there is a concerted effort to "fit him up", so I don't know if the daisy plucking drawing is an appropriate analogy in that respect.

A second option is that the daisy picking represents the watching media & public who are trying to decide whether he is guilty or not. He makes a comment in the letter of being "told a long time ago" that the MM case was going to be dropped and he then says "I wasn't telling you because I'm afraid that you and the other English people are going to lose their interest in me and my case, for that reason I beg your silence." Well, the request for silence clearly didn't pan out but it seems his wish for the public interest to continue certainly has. Whether or not CB is guilty, it feels like he is revelling in all this media attention and sees it as one big game.

It reminds me of the comment he made in another letter when Jutta Rabe had asked him whether he was involved in MM's disappearance. He replied "What do you think? Am I innocent or did I commit the perfect crime?". I think he gets enjoyment out of keeping everyone guessing. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking