Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Millions read about the case all over Europe in 2007/8, and/or watched TV documentaries, and most of them will have thought 'if she was abducted she mustn't have screamed'. If that's all CB's supposed to have said to HB it's meaningless. It's not evidence.

I think you may be a little hard on this witness. He doesn't appear to be money grubbing and he does appear to be a victim of MSM.
Oh please, both HB and MS have sold their stories to tabloids. Both are convicted criminals.

How can HB be a victim of MSM when he is selling them stories?

This is new and from The Express:

He said: “[The victim] said: ‘This borders on rape!’ And he just said: ‘Shut up.’

It’s a direct quote. Note the ‘victim’ did not say it was rape. Does this imply that she was a willing participant in the act?

“While the costs incurred by German and Portuguese authorities are unknown, Lisbon’s then-attorney general Fernando Jose Pinto Monteiro said in 2012 that the search for Madeleine had been the most expensive in the country’s history.”

The poorer it appears what HB had to say in relation to CB-MM, apparently embarrassing (even more) the BKA's investigation, the stronger seems to be the evidence that they actually might have (even if not sufficient...yet). IMO

The poorer it appears what HB had to say in relation to CB-MM, apparently embarrassing (even more) the BKA's investigation, the stronger seems to be the evidence that they actually might have (even if not sufficient...yet). IMO
It’s an optimistic way to look at it, which may be right.

FF has seen the evidence of the five other cases and he is still maintaining that HB (in particular) and MS are key witnesses. He is pushing the unreliable criminals with substance abuse issues line.

There is posturing going on from both sides IMO, but from the media reports, I think the prosecutors are struggling and the defence is getting traction.

FF has seen the evidence of the five other cases and he is still maintaining that HB (in particular) and MS are key witnesses. He is pushing the unreliable criminals with substance abuse issues line.

There is posturing going on from both sides IMO, but from the media reports, I think the prosecutors are struggling and the defence is getting traction.

Believing in the translation and subtitles in portuguese, HCW said from his mouth, in Sexta às 9, to Sandra F that HB and MS are not "central pieces" to MM investigation. They were in DM's case and maybe others.

Believing in the translation and subtitles in portuguese, HCW said from his mouth, in Sexta às 9, to Sandra F that HB and MS are not "central pieces" to MM investigation. They were in DM's case and maybe others.
But don’t you think that the lack of a charge is a clear demonstration that the evidence in the five other cases is stronger than that of the MM case?

But don’t you think that the lack of a charge is a clear demonstration that the evidence in the five other cases is stronger than that of the MM case?
But that is a trivial obvious. A charge or no charge...yet. In any case, each case has its own context, dimension, complexity, evidences, and in some, the victims.
In MM's case they "want" the body or forensics or the unequivocal link MM-CB. To charge beyond the slightest doubt.
IMO the lack of charge does not mean that what they might have (already) is, in fact, too poor.

Last edited:

He said: “[The victim] said: ‘This borders on rape!’ And he just said: ‘Shut up.’

It’s a direct quote. Note the ‘victim’ did not say it was rape. Does this imply that she was a willing participant in the act?

It may suggest that what started out as consensual vanilla sex progressed to force and sadistic acts. She may not even have been aware of or consented to the camcorder.

However, even if it began with flowers, as soon as she objected, and he carried on regardless, it was rape. And a criminal act.

I think they are still building the jigsaw and the evidence will support the charge when it comes together. The MM case is in all likelihood a murder charge. In that regard, the other cases seem more straightforward.

IDK. This is probably one of the most notorious crimes of the past century. It has global consciousness time stamp. I just don’t think the Germans are bluffing on this.

The glacial pace of the investigation is frustrating. But I am hopeful this case will be solved.

It's because of this one that's mentioned I'm thinking it's maybe dropped , the age of consent in Portugal and Germany for that matter is 14 , if its the young woman/girl in question was the sex consensual but the filming was not .With out the identity of the girl being known it would be difficult to get her version for the prosecution.imo again.The charges kindly posted by niner show the age at 14.

It may suggest that what started out as consensual vanilla sex progressed to force and sadistic acts. She may not even have been aware of or consented to the camcorder.

However, even if it began with flowers, as soon as she objected, and he carried on regardless, it was rape. And a criminal act.
True, but without forensics (which no doubt helped in the DM case) including the actual video and a unindentified victim , it HBs word only.

Hey, I think we need to slow down a little.

1. She is not saying it’s rape.
2. The fact that she’s saying ‘it’s borderline rape’ could imply she was willing.
3. There is no current charge for this offence.
4. So far as we know, there is only HB’s word that this happened.
5. There is no conviction.

Saying this was rape and a criminal act cannot be ascertained from this information. Further, the recent info shared by HB points to it possibly not being.

It may have been but IMO, it’s far from certain - let’s not forget the lack of victim identity and statement.

I think they are still building the jigsaw and the evidence will support the charge when it comes together. The MM case is in all likelihood a murder charge. In that regard, the other cases seem more straightforward.

IDK. This is probably one of the most notorious crimes of the past century. It has global consciousness time stamp. I just don’t think the Germans are bluffing on this.

The glacial pace of the investigation is frustrating. But I am hopeful this case will be solved.
I don’t know how the MM could be more difficult than rapes with unidentified victims and a six year range of when they occurred.

It's because of this one that's mentioned I'm thinking it's maybe dropped , the age of consent in Portugal and Germany for that matter is 14 , if its the young woman/girl in question was the sex consensual but the filming was not .With out the identity of the girl being known it would be difficult to get her version for the prosecution.imo again.The charges kindly posted by niner show the age at 14.
I think these words were from the older woman but not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member