Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps because he is a very unlikeable wretch, who carried a gun to intimidate people. No one likes a d1cktete and confirmed rapist and nonse.

There is the alleged confession to DR(?), in a bar in Portugal. This would have been shortly before the playground arrest in BSJ. The reports are very sketchy which means the witness is key and his information has been closely guarded (Or until Bild offers him a six-pack of San Miguel) or it’s complete nonsense.

A few pages back there was an article in which HeB suggested someone else knew. This IMO, is almost certainly MT. He was certainly closer to CB than HeB and could well be an important witness.

I agree with @Pixie Child that half-truths and rumours spread by CB through this group in conjunction with incriminating web chat and the like is the backbone of the case. HeB on his own may not be a critical witness but he and people of his ilk are from the web which makes the story plausible.
@Okapi

It is remarkable that they are all so certain. There may have been a fall-out about drugs.

But I think it’s the accumulative effect of their individual knowledge of him that makes them certain and they will have shared with each other coming to a group conclusion. They will corroborate each other.

MT is crucial - he knows about the dark web, the comment about selling children to Morocco, the suspicious blonde acne guy, & probably heard about this confession.

I never thought of it like that.

I'm sure the BKA will have recorded video statements from him and other witnesses. But the delay in the pace of the trial has obviously spooked him. And maybe other witnesses too ~ quite a powerful thing to do having five pending cases interrupted as they have been.
My opinion
Good point. It also serves to put pressure on any new Prosecutor should s/he need it.

Maybe that was the reason for the direct message to CB. Confess already and we can all move on.

Do you perhaps know which episode of Sexta9?
Sexta às 9 Episódio 28 - de 18 set 2020 - RTP Play - RTP. Episode 28 and also the 29.

All in all here the words are directly from his (HCW) mouth. I do not understand german but I'm assuming portuguese subtitles are not "lost in translation".
And we have also FF...(not) answering to SF questions and not on vacation in Portugal, PdL...IMO appearing too helpless.

Re the gun, there's no suggestion of using the gun as a threat in the rape conviction or pending charge ones, so is it another myth or perhaps he needed it for the company he kept.
There were reports of people in Algarve saying he "terrorised"residents of village by regularly carrying a gun.
Whatever it's worth....
In Portugal it's ilegal unless we had a license...

Agree with most of your points.

No-one saw him on town that night...
Again, how could he then have risked to merge himself into crowd with MM (Smithman?!, disguised?!) walking to the van/car?
From retrospective auto-check questions in his letters, Was I or my vehicle clearly seen near the crime scene on the night of the crime?
Assuming he did it (I no longer see another scenario), incredible how meticulous and lucky he might have been.
BKA to go for any of his "belongings" captured in a photo/background that could link to the evidence they say they have on MM? Doubts on this.
Again, IMO they really want the body or forensics but, even at limit, "get" his confession seems "impossible" too.
Given the living there was to be made from the number of burglaries prevalent in the Algarve at the time it might have been prudent for the police to check out a very significant one which was attempted in the apartment directly above the one rented by MM’s family.

Did anyone ask PF for a description of her intruder or having been grabbed at on exit the route he took. Don't think so. Don't think they followed that particular line of inquiry before or after her police interview

Snip
A police source told The Daily Express: “Next week we will be taking statements from several witnesses. (no longer in print)

“We want to clarify details which may be relevant to the new line of inquiry in the light of the facts we have found.”

PF has told police how she scared off an intruder she found in her apartment in the Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz in the weeks leading up to MM’s disappearance.

There was no sign of a break-in and police believe he may have used a key to get in through the front door.

The terrified mother was watching TV in the evening and went to investigate a noise coming from her bedroom.

PF, who has lived in Praia da Luz for a number of years, discovered a man scrambling out of the window.

She tried to grab his ankle but he escaped. She reported the incident to police but did not believe anything was taken.

PF told how she had a niece from Britain staying with her in the week the McCs were on holiday there.

Her niece, who has now been interviewed by detectives in Britain, spotted a suspicious looking man hanging around the McC’s apartment around the time Madeleine disappeared.

She told the officer the man matched the description of a suspect seen by JT one of the McC’s holiday friends.

Ok but there may well still be some reason why the prosecutors want those five cases to be completed before they try to prosecute re: MM. Possibly they will be relying on evidential methods in prosecuting those five cases that they will also want to use in prosecuting re: MM, and they want to create a precedence. Some people would say they already did that in the rape trial. And they may need to do it again. They're having to rely on unusual and some would say controversial methods imo
That follows my train of thought exactly.

At the moment there may be no obvious connection of any or all of the charges.

Once the evidence of the trial has been completed, the situation may well be subject to change.

@Okapi

It is remarkable that they are all so certain. There may have been a fall-out about drugs.

But I think it’s the accumulative effect of their individual knowledge of him that makes them certain and they will have shared with each other coming to a group conclusion. They will corroborate each other.

MT is crucial - he knows about the dark web, the comment about selling children to Morocco, the suspicious blonde acne guy, & probably heard about this confession.
I think their intimate knowledge allows their suspicions.

Only those close enough to him to could be expected to know the darkest secrets of his heart and I think it took even them a protracted period to work it all out.
My opinion

There were reports of people in Algarve saying he "terrorised"residents of village by regularly carrying a gun.
Whatever it's worth....
In Portugal it's ilegal unless we had a license...
Thanks for that, reports of? not confirmed then, just strange to me he liked to terrorise people but yet not using the gun as a threat in the physical assaults of the 2 women and the girl.

Given the living there was to be made from the number of burglaries prevalent in the Algarve at the time it might have been prudent for the police to check out a very significant one which was attempted in the apartment directly above the one rented by MM’s family.

Did anyone ask PF for a description of her intruder or having been grabbed at on exit the route he took. Don't think so. Don't think they followed that particular line of inquiry before or after her police interview

Snip
A police source told The Daily Express: “Next week we will be taking statements from several witnesses. (no longer in print)

“We want to clarify details which may be relevant to the new line of inquiry in the light of the facts we have found.”

PF has told police how she scared off an intruder she found in her apartment in the Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz in the weeks leading up to MM’s disappearance.

There was no sign of a break-in and police believe he may have used a key to get in through the front door.

The terrified mother was watching TV in the evening and went to investigate a noise coming from her bedroom.

PF, who has lived in Praia da Luz for a number of years, discovered a man scrambling out of the window.

She tried to grab his ankle but he escaped. She reported the incident to police but did not believe anything was taken.

PF told how she had a niece from Britain staying with her in the week the McCs were on holiday there.

Her niece, who has now been interviewed by detectives in Britain, spotted a suspicious looking man hanging around the Mterrorised residents of Portuguese village by regularly carrying a gun'
By Glen Keogh For The Daily Mai eulcC’s apartment around the time Madeleine disappeared.

She told the officer the man matched the description of a suspect seen by JT one of the McC’s holiday friends.
IMO time and green light to prepare, trial and error, "fine-tune", repeat, repeat, "elaborate"...in a well known area, the "effrontery" of repeating in the same place!

Snip

Her niece, who has now been interviewed by detectives in Britain, spotted a suspicious looking man hanging around the McC’s apartment around the time Madeleine disappeared.

We know who the police believe JT saw, so unlikely to have been acting or looking suspicious.

Ok but there may well still be some reason why the prosecutors want those five cases to be completed before they try to prosecute re: MM. Possibly they will be relying on evidential methods in prosecuting those five cases that they will also want to use in prosecuting re: MM, and they want to create a precedence. Some people would say they already did that in the rape trial. And they may need to do it again. They're having to rely on unusual and some would say controversial methods imo
That only works if the prosecution is successful, bit of egg on their faces and a serious rethink of it if it fails, what if only one of the alleged rapes ends up in a trial? worth the risk?

Once the evidence of the trial has been completed, the situation may well be subject to change.
Or they simply have a higher chance of conviction on the five charges that were made.

Thanks for that, reports of? not confirmed then, just strange to me he liked to terrorise people but yet not using the gun as a threat in the physical assaults of the 2 women and the girl.
It’s confirmed, there are articles with witness statements saying he was a menace with a gun during his time in Foral.

That only works if the prosecution is successful, bit of egg on their faces and a serious rethink of it if it fails, what if only one of the alleged rapes ends up in a trial? worth the risk?
I guess you're right but there must be some reason why they waited until they could charge all five offences at the same time. They could have charged at least two of them years ago I think. But they didn't, they waited. There must be a reason (or not. Maybe their work privately is actually as chaotic as it looks from our perspective. Certainly looks chaotic doesn't it)

Behaviour Panel analysing HB interview .. might be interesting to some on here .

At around 1.27.30 one of the panel says he has had the full conversation translated by a German colleague and uploaded it in the video description.I couldn't see it , though I am browsing from an old iPad at present . If anyone else spots can they post a link up or the text please .

@Lyall0814

The HaB case will bolster HeB’s credibility as a witness. By the time we get to MM, he will have cooperated twice with police to prosecute a known sex offender.

The Defence will accuse him of lying, of seeking to benefit but HeB has been informing on CB to police since 2006 and despite the difficulties for himself, he has continued to cooperate with police.

@Lyall0814

The HaB case will bolster HeB’s credibility as a witness. By the time we get to MM, he will have cooperated twice with police to prosecute a known sex offender.

The Defence will accuse him of lying, of seeking to benefit but HeB has been informing on CB to police since 2006 and despite the difficulties for himself, he has continued to cooperate with police.
That's if he hasn't legged it by the time the Germans get round to having any trials. He must be thinking what we're thinking: What on earth is going on? (Can't blame him really. It's been six years!)

I guess you're right but there must be some reason why they waited until they could charge all five offences at the same time. They could have charged at least two of them years ago I think. But they didn't, they waited. There must be a reason (or not. Maybe their work privately is actually as chaotic as it looks from our perspective. Certainly looks chaotic doesn't it)
Well given the procedural oversight concerning where CBs domicile is, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member