Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no evidence to show EM ever committed any CSA crimes. In relation to MM, the only thing linking him to the crime is that he made a phone call on the evening of 3 May.

Tell me, which one of the witness descriptions most closely matches EM?
I made it plain that EM was the PJ suspect - SY had other fish to fry. So between the pair of them they might have eliminated a couple of options.

Elimination which allows progression in another direction.

Respectfully, I think you are using over estimating it due to your familiarity with the area.

I am almost certain that petty and violent crime rates in most UK cities but certainly London, Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Glasgow and Belfast would be way higher than the Algarve.

I’ll try and find a source but any per capita measure would not have Portugal ranking highly.
IMO you "want" statistics that rely on what is really reported.
IMO in Algarve, during that period, the real issue was what happened and was not reported, documented, recorded.
And looking to the context and scenario of resorts, dimension, "small" area, and massive tourism.

The phone evidence was there in 2007.
The PJ investigators were so tied into their suspects' phone traffic (check the PJ files for that) they didn't check it out properly in 2007.
There was one record of one phone call to an unregistered mobile received in the area covered by a Luz mast at 7.30pm on 3rd May 2007. Are you suggesting that the PJ should have investigated that one call out of the thousands sent to them by the phone companies? How unrealistic.

How could the phone records possibly have led to his vehicle?

I guess they could have laboriously called all the numbers in the trawl to ID as many of them as possible?

There are significant issues in terms of difficulty getting search warrants on this stuff. The law varies a lot over time (court rulings on warrants), privacy laws, and between countries but typically it is easier to get a tower dump of all connections in the vicinity of a crime. But they would not have been able to get records for a specific number without a warrant.

I wonder if they managed to get those records later when they had probably cause for CB?

IMO you "want" statistics that rely on what is really reported.
IMO in Algarve, during that period, the real issue was what happened and was not reported, documented, recorded.
And looking to the context and scenario of resorts, dimension, "small" area, and massive tourism.
Oh, okay so the reason Marseille has the highest rates of crime than any other city in the EU has nothing to do with how much crime there is, rather it’s how efficient they are at reporting crime.

Are you sure about that?

There is a higher rate of murder in the UK than there is in Portugal and I’m fairly sure murders in Portugal are reported to the same degree as they are in the UK.

I guess they could have laboriously called all the numbers in the trawl to ID as many of them as possible?

There are significant issues in terms of difficulty getting search warrants on this stuff. The law varies a lot over time (court rulings on warrants), privacy laws, and between countries but typically it is easier to get a tower dump of all connections in the vicinity of a crime. But they would not have been able to get records for a specific number without a warrant.

I wonder if they managed to get those records later when they had probably cause for CB?
But why would it connect to a care?

The VW wasn’t registered to CB and the Jag was registered in Munich.

Even when OG investigated the phone dump, CB’s number wasn’t suspicious, they identified other people as suspects.

I doubt the companies kept the data for that length of time.

I made it plain that EM was the PJ suspect - SY had other fish to fry. So between the pair of them they might have eliminated a couple of options.

Elimination which allows progression in another direction.
Question is, why was he ever a suspect?

Only because of the phone records that OG investigated.

The weight and truth of the evidence found CB who is now prime suspect in Germany and Britain and arguido in Portugal.
I talked of prosecution, we know CB is a suspect, incidentally being Arguido in Portugal is only following a plethora before him .

I doubt the companies kept the data for that length of time.
We’ve discussed it many times before and the general view is that there is the 74k calls from 2nd to 4th May including time, caller and receiver numbers and that’s it.

Oh, okay so the reason Marseille has the highest rates of crime than any other city in the EU has nothing to do with how much crime there is, rather it’s how efficient they are at reporting crime.

Are you sure about that?

There is a higher rate of murder in the UK than there is in Portugal and I’m fairly sure murders in Portugal are reported to the same degree as they are in the UK.
IMO you are generalizing globally, I was referring to a particular portuguese area, looking within a period of time, in a peculiar context and scenario. With those police teams at that time.

Question is, why was he ever a suspect?

Only because of the phone records that OG investigated.
Makes one wonder if OG worked within a narrow time window, or a half hour call never raised suspicion.

But why would it connect to a care?

The VW wasn’t registered to CB and the Jag was registered in Munich.

Even when OG investigated the phone dump, CB’s number wasn’t suspicious, they identified other people as suspects.

Agreed

Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,
Websleuths will go dark if we don't raise the money for the server.
We have raised a little over 400 dollars.
We need another $1,300.00 to have enough to pay for the server.
Below are the ways you can donate.

PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Zelle use triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Be sure and put "server" in the memo.

The advertising has been awful this year. I am so sorry that I have to ask.

Please, only donate if you can afford to do so. DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN.

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your help.
Take Care,
Tricia Griffith

Owner/Websleuths.com

Makes one wonder if OG worked within a narrow time window, or a half hour call never raised suspicion.
Did he leave a live phone call? Just because his phone was connected for 30 minutes doesn't mean he was with his phone.

The appearance of a solid alibi

Jmo

MOD NOTE:

If you’ve not done so or it’s been awhile, please take a few minutes to read over the RULES of this site.
A few key points:

This thread is about Christian Bueckner as the suspect in Madeleine's disappearance. Period.

- Ignoring instructions given by an Administrator or Moderator is simply not allowed. These instructions come in the form of notes/reminders posted on the thread OR reasons given to you upon removal of a post. PAY ATTENTION TO THESE!!

-
With so many members posting about this case, it’s inevitable there will be differing opinions and theories. If you read a post that you do not agree with but does not violate any of the rules, KEEP SCROLLING. There is no need for all the bickering and rude comments. If you feel a post violates a rule, REPORT IT. Let us handle it. Those of you who choose to engage in this type of behavior stand the chance of having your posting privileges here revoked.

If you have a question about the rules or are unsure of something you want to post, reach out to a Mod or Admin by using the report feature located at the bottom of a particular post.

Thanks,
Mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members