Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

Do NOT make blatant, denigrating generalizations about other countries or law enforcement agencies. WS has members from all over the world, and if your opinion is a disparaging generalization, it is not allowed here and your post will be removed. If it continues, there will be a loss of posting privileges.

On another note, if you Report a post, do not turn around and respond to it. Otherwise, you may end up losing posting privileges too as you are just perpetuating the bickering. It becomes like a Bartholemew's hat and makes cleaning the thread more difficult for Mods when we then have to look through pages and pages for responses (and responses to those responses, and so on ...).

Well thanks for the compliment :)

Do you know how long stage 1 can take? I read somewhere it has to be of a 'reasonable' time but that's like saying 'how long is a piece of string'!
Would it depend on all the other cold cases that are being looked at or just depend on going through the leads generated with the appeal?

I’m a bit in the dark with policy and law around the timings sorry :( the time pressure here’s a bit unique though, he’s looking at pending release for another crime, so that’s one clock they’ll be working sharply against.

not sure your views on the suspicions building up against him for the other cold cases? It may well be they have something more solid there. Who knows! X

From memory I believe I've now seen CB linked to 4 vehicles, I’m sure we were initially told of a red Coloured Jaguar & the camper van. Then a black Jaguar, now a mustard Volkswagen Estate. I’m now thinking I’ve seen grey Jaguar mentioned somewhere too. Can’t seem to find any source for red or dark reddish coloured one, can anyone recall it?

Last edited:
Do we have any reliable sources on his childhood? I have seen the article in the DM that people around town (wurzburg) had only kind things to say about the Brueckner parents (not that anyone knows what goes on in a home).

Then the article with the ex-girlfriend stated he told her that he had a very sad childhood. I also read the mother has no contact with any of her 3 adoptive sons, which seems unusual,

With the other indications of him being a psychopath, I don't want to condemn his parents.

It would be interesting to hear from his brothers, but if I were them, I would not be doing media interviews.

If there are better articles available from German news sources- please post them here and I will use google translate and add the information to the timeline.
No, I was responding to little Rose's post #384

I thought I read about an aubergine (aka eggplant) coloured Jag in either the mirror, sun or Mail online.

I don’t necessarily think this was a different vehicle though, or even a paint job, just maybe different colour perception by whoever was talking about it.

ETA: WS is fact based; demonic possession is off topic and such posts and responses have been removed.

Also, if you state something as fact, you MUST provide a link to substantiate the fact.

I thought I read about an aubergine (aka eggplant) coloured Jag in either the mirror, sun or Mail online.

I don’t necessarily think this was a different vehicle though, or even a paint job, just maybe different colour perception by whoever was talking about it.

Thankyou so much, I was beginning to think I was imagining it. Possibly paint job or different perception...may not, I remember him being described as a Jaguar Enthusiast so maybe he regularly changed his Jags? I can now confirm links to potentially 5 vehicles used by CB. Black Jaguar, Grey Jaguar, Aubergine Jaguar XJR 6, VW Westfalia camper van & mustard coloured VW estate.

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brückner fled police in 1995

School caretaker saw Madeleine McCann suspect give kids 'sweets and toys'

Christian Brueckner kept third vehicle that could solve Madeleine McCann mystery

The car thing is a bit of a red herring imo. People who commit serious crime often change them regularly so as to avoid detection.
Someone local to me is involved with serious crime and in the past 18momths I’ve seen him driving around 8 different cars, from high end brand new Audi’s to beat up passats!

The car thing is a bit of a red herring imo. People who commit serious crime often change them regularly so as to avoid detection.
Someone local to me is involved with serious crime and in the past 18momths I’ve seen him driving around 8 different cars, from high end brand new Audi’s to beat up passats!

I'm not sure if it should be considered a red herring if the ex has advised authorities to locate it and he was driving it at the time? Evidence of some sort?

Oh yes, of course should be found and forensically looked at but I’m just musing that if he disappeared from Luz for around 3 yrs he could of had many more cars that no one knows about

this is a sound suggestion. Many individuals who have experienced childhood trauma do go onto develop BPD/MPD.

“Clinical evaluation revealed that the majority of these adolescents manifested extremely variable school performance, disruptive behavior, trances, amnesias, mood swings, sharp changes in personality, apparent lying, voices heard in the head, and depression. All had a history of childhood trauma: Sexual abuse (73%), physical abuse (73%), and emotional abuse (82%).”

Source: Adolescent Multiple Personality Disorder: A Preliminary Study of Eleven Cases - ScienceDirect

The little that we do know about CB is that he had a chaotic start in life.

I’m really hopeful that no members or lurkers see this as my defence to CBs actions. I know many sensible users won’t, but the atmosphere has been tense in the last 24 hours. Just saying :) x

Long time lurker, hello all! :) Not sure if I'm responding correctly by replying to this, but here we go.

What a ridiculous "sound suggestion"/ assumption to make. You're adding to the misconceptions of BPD, and MPD which are on the complete opposite end of the spectrum to one another to begin with. Please research these conditions a little further than a quick google search, and you will find that the symptoms of both are very different.

I am sure he has mental health issues, but assuming his diagnosis is not the way to go. ESPECIALLY when it comes to someone as perverted and depraved as he is.

As you were

@Busyliz I feel your comments are quite contradictory, one one hand you are saying you believe the vehicles to be a red herring & then you go on to say criminals change their cars all the time to avoid detection? I feel his use of multiple vehicles could be very significant.

Speculation if allowed.

Abused childhood, returned once father not able to utilise/control. Recruited at the children’s home in 95/96 with Nicole. Kept in the shadows due to main specialty being young children rather than older tweens. Supplements income with theft, rape to order and snuff films. Agreement with local police. Rapes not all resulting in death due to a combination of a lack of need due to complicity of police, may be seen as an ‘additional service’ requiring payment and need for the bodies not to be piling up around the place drawing attention.

In some ways he reminds me of a less functioning Nadia Marcinko.

Out of interest, did CB maintain contact with his adopted brothers? I wonder what happened to them if their adoptive mother is no longer in contact. This is just plain nosiness over the effect of fractured family dynamics rather than thinking they are anything to do with his crimes.

Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #4

From the video description:
Laut BKA-Gutachten wird Christian Brückner als Psychopath mit pädophilen Neigungen beschrieben.

"According to a BKA expertise Christian Brückner is described as a psychopath with pedophilic tendencies."

https://www.med.wisc.edu/news-and-e...opaths-brains-differences-structure-function/

Psychopaths' Brains Show Differences in Structure and Function

Images of prisoners' brains show important differences between those who are diagnosed as psychopaths and those who aren't, according to a study led by University of Wisconsin-Madison researchers.

The results could help explain the callous and impulsive antisocial behavior exhibited by some psychopaths.

The study showed that psychopaths have reduced connections between the ventromedial prefrontal cortex (vmPFC), the part of the brain responsible for sentiments such as empathy and guilt, and the amygdala, which mediates fear and anxiety.

-----

Has nothing to do with a bad childhood. And it explains why his adoptive parents couldn't handle him and his mother never wants to have any contact with him ever again. That is all you can do if you have a psychopath in your life. Or they will just destroy you, your life, your health.

P.S.

Documentary about psychopaths. Includes child molesters as well.

Last edited:
Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #4

From the video description:
Laut BKA-Gutachten wird Christian Brückner als Psychopath mit pädophilen Neigungen beschrieben.

"According to a BKA expertise Christian Brückner is described as a psychopath with pedophilic tendencies."

https://www.med.wisc.edu/news-and-e...opaths-brains-differences-structure-function/

Psychopaths' Brains Show Differences in Structure and Function

Images of prisoners' brains show important differences between those who are diagnosed as psychopaths and those who aren't, according to a study led by University of Wisconsin-Madison researchers.

The results could help explain the callous and impulsive antisocial behavior exhibited by some psychopaths.

The study showed that psychopaths have reduced connections between the ventromedial prefrontal cortex (vmPFC), the part of the brain responsible for sentiments such as empathy and guilt, and the amygdala, which mediates fear and anxiety.

-----

Has nothing to do with a bad childhood. And it explains why his adoptive parents couldn't handle him and his mother never wants to have any contact with him ever again. That is all you can do if you have a psychopath in your life. Or they will just destroy you, your life, your health.

P.S.

Documentary about psychopaths. Includes child molesters as well.
I’ve read psychopathy is a combo of nature and nurture. CB’s Psychopathy may explain why the adoptive parents disowned him, but it doesn’t explain why the adoptive mother who is still living has no relationship with her other two adopted sons, as reported in MSN.

Are all three psychopaths?

I'm sorry, but whilst I can sympathize with a child who feels unloved, is adopted, suffering at home etc, I have no sympathy for a grown man who, as a sadistic serial raper, child sex predator, releases his pent up hatred and anger on our most vulnerable! His excuses are pathetic.. They are an insult to the Millions+ of people who were adopted, abused or felt unloved during childhood. Whilst they all have troubles to come to terms with, they all dont go about raping senior citizens, children and whatnot! God forbid, but we would be living amongst millions of predators aaalll doing the same as him at the same time. There is more to it than a rough upbringing. He is obviously wired wrong altogether. But since his crimes look to be pre meditated.. He knows right from wrong! And sets out, fully aware of what he is about to do And THAT is a monster! X

I’ve read psychopathy is a combo of nature and nurture. CB’s Psychopathy may explain why the adoptive parents disowned him, but it doesn’t explain why the adoptive mother who is still living has no relationship with her other two adopted sons, as reported in MSN.

It's not a combo of nature and nurture. Like I posted and as you could see in the documentary, if you watch it, they are born with a brain that is different. They are very hard to handle even as children and teenagers. There is also no treatment or cure. Simply because their brain is the way it is and that's it.

Are all three psychopaths?

You have to ask her about that.

Abhorrent behaviours can be normalised however if that is all you know or surrounded by. The same way scourges like racism are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle