Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
neither the uk police or the german police have questioned him as far as were aware? do you have a link?

I definitely read it somewhere! There has been so much info I've lost track. I will try and find it.......

Here's one reference to it;

''In jail, it is understood police from both the UK and from Germany have been to interview him about Madeleine. He is not thought to have cooperated. ''

Christian Brückner: Everything we know about the new German Madeleine McCann suspect

Last edited:
If you never have those horrible thoughts when you read certain things on here, than that sounds quite troubling to me. And thanks, you don't have to tell me what to do, you also don't have to tell me that there is no reason to think that those people were weird.

I really have no intention of going to war with you - let's just leave it here.

The rape happened in 2005. In Praia da Luz.
Why he is only linked to it on 2017?! Too much time. Always too much time...
If it has been identified and linked sooner, other similar cases could be avoided.
IMO, can't we question some laziness and slowness on several investigations when they demand more expertise?
Too serious to look at tourism interest, tourism protection.

Sorry I disagree it was just down to laziness and protecting tourism. There is generally not much DNA left at rape scenes. No police knew the details of the rape until 2017 when someone saw the video and told them. If you look into who in Europe has the worst record on rape convictions it is not the Portuguese, the figures are terrible in many countries including England which is right at the bottom.

If it has been identified and linked sooner, other similar cases could be avoided.
IMO, can't we question some laziness and slowness on several investigations when they demand more expertise?
Too serious to look at tourism interest, tourism protection.
Exactly my point

CB seems quite sloppy at certain things, like leaving wigs/children’s clothes etc.
Yet on the other hand seems meticulous with DNA. If only 1 hair was found for the rape case.

Do we know which vehicle he used when he moved on to Foral (it that is still correct) and did he use a different name there.

Did he reregister the car to start a new alias or because he thought it might have been sighted or because he thought it might hold forensic evidence?

Not so much sloppy, as over time seems to have gotten away with so much. Maybe just learned what he needs to be careful about eg DNA, hiding his identity with masks, wigs, etc?

It's clear that CB has a history of child abuse, other crimes since 90's. Surely when convicted of those crimes his DNA samples would have been taken. They found a hair at the scene in 2005 rape - In 2017/18 Years later arrested for that? Is there no EU data base for DNA?

Last edited:
I am not so sure that I appreciate being called weird. I don’t think I was trolling. I was a little confused that Deep had been written as Deap and I thought that may have been a slang version. I think my questions on an extremely unpleasant subject were valid, especially considering the Germans seem so sure she is murdered and died soon after yet are not releasing details. I am aware that we are talking real people and living relatives, but I am also keen for this case to actually be solved to the mutual agreement of all investigators and am hoping that she can be brought home properly. In my opinion the little details are always the crucial ones and they are going to be horrible in a case like this.

It's clear that CB has a history of child abuse, other crimes since 90's. Surely when convicted of those crimes his DNA samples would have been taken. They found a hair at the scene in 2005 rape - DNA- Years later arrested for that? Is there no EU data base for DNA?

There isn't an EU database, permissions need to be asked to access samples between countries and you would have to have probable cause to access them. The convictions for child abuse where 3 charged of exposing him self/ touching children etc. when he was 17.
Even if the Portuguese police looked into that record, they would only see that, they couldn't link him strongly to invading an elderly woman's home, raping and beating her up.
We also don't know if the hair found in 2005 yielded any useful DNA back then. Testing is much better now. Not something you can blame the Portuguese for IMO.

I am not so sure that I appreciate being called weird. I don’t think I was trolling. I was a little confused that Deep had been written as Deap and I thought that may have been a slang version. I think my questions on an extremely unpleasant subject were valid, especially considering the Germans seem so sure she is murdered and died soon after yet are not releasing details. I am aware that we are talking real people and living relatives, but I am also keen for this case to actually be solved to the mutual agreement of all investigators and am hoping that she can be brought home properly. In my opinion the little details are always the crucial ones and they are going to be horrible in a case like this.

It's possible that somebody made a typo here, I haven't seen that though. And in the original in the video that I linked, it is not spelled with an "a".

It also looked strange as it was written in quotation marks on the translated copy I saw. Plus it was the only english word used in the original german transcript which made it seem like a name rather the literal meaning. From what I've seen since, it appears the Germans use the english word rather than their own version of it but non-german speakers aren't going to know that.

I honestly believe this is a case of crossed wires with no ill intent meant.

Sorry I disagree it was just down to laziness and protecting tourism. There is generally not much DNA left at rape scenes. No police knew the details of the rape until 2017 when someone saw the video and told them. If you look into who in Europe has the worst record on rape convictions it is not the Portuguese, the figures are terrible in many countries including England which is right at the bottom.
Not "just" but IMO it is hard to admit that was not much of it there.

DNA matters, I agree.

But "No police knew the details of the rape until 2017"? And the victim's complaint and report?
IMO PJ should have been much more expeditious, more proactive in all those cases. Even with the few pieces they had on those dates.

Rape records...look and learn from the others but I'm more focusing on Police response and atitude regarding a specific reality - Algarve.

Last edited:
There isn't an EU database, permissions need to be asked to access samples between countries and you would have to have probable cause to access them. The convictions for child abuse where 3 charged of exposing him self/ touching children etc. when he was 17.
Even if the Portuguese police looked into that record, they would only see that, they couldn't link him strongly to invading an elderly woman's home, raping and beating her up.
We also don't know if the hair found in 2005 yielded any useful DNA back then. Testing is much better now. Not something you can blame the Portuguese for IMO.

I thought the Interpol DNA database was established in 2002 - but like you say perhaps the hair didn't yield useful DNA- I would have thought that a violent, video'd rape would have been cause to access the database though if there was DNA?

I think I'm labouring this point to much now haha

Last edited:
Hmmmm too coincidental for weirdo stalkers though with German accents? I admit I'm replying on the headline alone as can't view the article.
You should NEVER do that with rags like the Daily Mail! The situation is ambiguous as it wasn't made clear when the PJ ruled it out. The DM was only quoting from another newspaper which also said that the PJ had made no statement.

They found a hair in the rape victims bed that belonged to CB...don't ask me how they put one and one together after aaaaalllll this years.

They put one and one together like this:

In May 2017 CB was in a bar with a friend, the 10th Anniversary of Madeleine vanishing was on the TV. CB allegedly confessed to snatching M, and also raping the 72 year old. There was a video of the rape, along with attacks on two other grown women. The friend went to police, who cross checked CB's DNA with a hair found in the 72 year olds bed. That's how they got him for that so many years later, and I'm guessing that's why they are taking the apparent Madeleine confession seriously.

Last edited:
What caught my eye in that article was this:

Wolters said that hundreds of clues had emerged in Germany and the UK after a link to the suspect and new details were publicised.

I hope they have had clues from Portugal, too.

There was an article a few days ago which said they'd had 400 tips since going public, no doubt there are even more by now. They will have to work through every single one very carefully which could take weeks/months eliminate or corroborate any evidence.

What caught my eye in that article was this:

Wolters said that hundreds of clues had emerged in Germany and the UK after a link to the suspect and new details were publicised.

The article refers to a CNN interview with HCW ...in both HCW states:

"It is actually like this — we have a specific suspect, we know the name, we have a picture,(mb) we know where he is at the moment, namely in custody in Germany, and we actually have findings that suggest that he is Madeleine McCann's murderer"

"picture" as literally or an impression?
Madeleine McCann: German police reportedly pursue connection between case and another - CNN

The article refers to a CNN interview with HCW ... both HCW as stating:

"It is actually like this — we have a specific suspect, we know the name, we have a picture,(mb) we know where he is at the moment, namely in custody in Germany, and we actually have findings that suggest that he is Madeleine McCann's murderer"

"picture" as literally or an impression?
Madeleine McCann: German police reportedly pursue connection between case and another - CNN
Yes, I did wonder what was meant by that too. Maybe just a turn of phrase? Interesting if they mean a physical picture of something though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric