Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to be professional and tiptowing in this horrible case..what would happen if they say...yes, she is dead..........when you are you don't throw with mud to another police force.

If they said she was dead they wouldn't be throwing mud, they'd be agreeing. If them keeping an 'open mind' as to his involvement is professional , they why do Germans say they are sure? This is what I am getting at. Doesn't seem like they are working so closely together at all IMO. So that's a count of one police force not commenting ( Portuguese), one police force commenting but saying they are open minded ( UK) and one police force saying he is involved. ( Germany).

so the other phone number was NOT in the area of PDL - interesting. Didn't say another country, just not in that local area.
The fact it is a Portugese mobile prefix suggests the call was from elsewhere in Portugal. They will know where it was made from via the cell tower pings, the fact they haven't revealed that location is probably quite significant. If it wasn't, they would have surely shared that information to help narrow down who may have been seen in that area at the time.

I agree with certain things you write...and I feel for you because you are not hardened, wich is a very good thing IMO. If you don't know a word used in this context....google it. For me the questions about this felt not ok, almost like trolling, because I translated the horrendoes skype chat, tried to avoid the explanation/meaning of this particular word...very consciously (because it hurts going "down" there). And by no mean I wanted to "dis" people. This is never, ever my intention.

Sorry, I more mean that members were validly trying to place the context as though “could this be another victim?”. Amongst other things this is a hobby for many people, and we shouldn’t be putting people off getting involved.

You never “dissed” anyone, your reason for not wanting to getting into was valid and the translation was really appreciated, thank you :) x

As I suspected.

This old story released in the past 2 weeks has run out of steam.

No progress whatsoever, lot of reaction, lots of articles but no closer to finding out what happened and who did it.

CB wont talk, no trial happening, let’s get back to our lives.

Sorry, I more mean that members were validly trying to place the context as though “could this be another victim?”. Amongst other things this is a hobby for many people, and we shouldn’t be putting people off getting involved.

You never “dissed” anyone, your reason for not wanting to getting into was valid and the translation was really appreciated, thank you :) x

We don't have a kiss emoticon....so *advertiser censored* :)

If they said she was dead they wouldn't be throwing mud, they'd be agreeing. If them keeping an 'open mind' as to his involvement is professional , they why do Germans say they are sure? This is what I am getting at. Doesn't seem like they are working so closely together at all IMO. So that's a count of one police force not commenting ( Portuguese), one police force commenting but saying they are open minded ( UK) and one police force saying he is involved. ( Germany).
i think your reading too much into it, the German prosecutor has never said "we are 100% certain Madeline is dead, there is no doubt about it" they've only said the evidence strongly points to her being dead i.e, they might have seen conversations where the suspect has told people shes dead/they've heard from a 3rd party hes told them shes dead etc etc.

the MET are based in the UK, they are probably aware kate and gerry will be reading the news daily, and without having a body, there isn't 100% proof shes dead right? no one has found her body, so they are being cautious, possibly not wanting to upset her parents any more than necessary at this point. thats all.

Last edited:

Maybe a political decision on behalf of the MET, MM's parents, advisers, spokesperson etc - IF they go with the German narrative and let that run its course and there's not enough evidence on CB, then the MET will be in a better position to secure more funding for OP Grange - IF the MET throw all their eggs into 1 basket and agree with the Germans- funding may cease and the Germans may take over the whole case - The MET still want a foot in - thus still keeping an open mind.

As I suspected.

This old story released in the past 2 weeks has run out of steam.

No progress whatsoever, lot of reaction, lots of articles but no closer to finding out what happened and who did it.

CB wont talk, no trial happening, let’s get back to our lives.
well we aren't exactly privy to any progress at the moment, they aren't going to tell us are they? they don't need to tell the public anything. its unlikely CB will confess, so this is going to take a while.

for all we know, someone has came forward already.

Last edited:
We don’t know if Madeleine died in the apartment. We don’t actually know anything as yet, atleast in the public domain.
We have no idea what the German authorities have on CB, other than they think she’s dead and the method of it.
I’m guessing they have put snippets of information in the hope that people come forward.
I would find it hard to believe that the suspect would spend too much time in the apartment, whatever happened.

As a father, I’m happy for the investigation to get more funding. Not everyone will agree I’m sure.
But that little girl didn’t deserve to be taken from her parents and her parents didn’t deserve to lose a child.
Madeleine, Katrice Lee are the only British toddlers I know of that have vanished without a trace, both abroad.
And Ben Needham too.

We don’t know if Madeleine died in the apartment. We don’t actually know anything as yet, atleast in the public domain.
We have no idea what the German authorities have on CB, other than they think she’s dead and the method of it.
I’m guessing they have put snippets of information in the hope that people come forward.
I would find it hard to believe that the suspect would spend too much time in the apartment, whatever happened.
We don't know if it was CB who actually abducted her and how many people were involved in the abduction.

Maybe a political decision on behalf of the MET, MM's parents, advisers, spokesperson etc - IF they go with the German narrative and let that run its course and there's not enough evidence on CB, then the MET will be in a better position to secure more funding for OP Grange - IF the MET throw all their eggs into 1 basket and agree with the Germans- funding may cease and the Germans may take over the whole case - The MET still want a foot in - thus still keeping an open mind.

Possibly but I really don't know the ins and outs of it in regards to funding and whether saying 'she's probably dead' would matter. Operation Grange is a review commissioned by the UK government so not sure any decisions in Germany would affect their funding. Just as the Portuguese have kept their ow investigation going, with their own funding. So it's a mystery, maybe we will find out in weeks to months when leads on CB have been followed up.

No forensic evidence exists at all. I think it would be hard to prove a case on circumstantial evidence. Even if the suspect was in the area.
Having said that, we don’t know what the investigators know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife