Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the suspect CB- provide exact proof where he was the time MM disappeared?
What’s his alibi?
Surely the mobile phone numbers could be traced, even in 2007?
They've not asked him yet, as soon as they formally question him they will have to give his legal team access to all the evidence they have.

The mobile could be a burner phone and not registered. Even if it was registered, he could always just claim he didn't have the phone at that time.

- can we stop all getting so short with each other? I saw the carry on yesterday with “Deepthroat” and it was quite clear users were questioning the context validly (was it a nickname, another offence, literal or code name for other things?!) and people were eye rolling that these users didn’t know the literal translation. Achieves nothing being nouty with people.

There wasn't even translation needed, it's an English word anyway. And the translation of the entire chat from German to English was posted several times and it was clear what it was and what it meant from the context. So I'm quite sure people were trolling which is a horrible horrible thing to do in the context of what was actually said in the chat.

Sorry I’m confused. After ten years, what brought the suspect to their attention again?

I think that unless this leads to anything then this investigation will continue..with little to go on.

They've not asked him yet, as soon as they formally question him they will have to give his legal team access to all the evidence they have.

The mobile could be a burner phone and not registered. Even if it was registered, he could always just claim he didn't have the phone at that time.

Or he could claim it was his phone and he used it but had nothing to do with MM.

As I suspected.

This old story released in the past 2 weeks has run out of steam.

No progress whatsoever, lot of reaction, lots of articles but no closer to finding out what happened and who did it.

CB wont talk, no trial happening, let’s get back to our lives.

good thing you aren't the one working this case! LOL

2 weeks is nothing....have to be in for the long haul here on WS. These things take time, lots of time...

Can the suspect CB- provide exact proof where he was the time MM disappeared?
What’s his alibi?
Surely the mobile phone numbers could be traced, even in 2007?

There wasn't even translation needed, it's an English word anyway. And the translation of the entire chat from German to English was posted several times and it was clear what it was and what it meant from the context. So I'm quite sure people were trolling which is a horrible horrible thing to do in the context of what was actually said in the chat.
I disagree. A few people were simply questioning whether it may have been a codename for something else, not questioning what the literal meaning of that word was. Nobody was trolling IMO.

And neither do the German Police, hence the 'unusual step' of appealing to the public.
The next week or so will bury this story in my opinion unless something miraculous happens!

Appealing to the public is an unusual step? Huh? Police does this all the time, looking for witnesses, etc. And on this German TV program they do this once a month for all kinds of crimes.

Still I do think that some don't know the actual meaning of the word, or their own defences find it too abhorrent to contemplate. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. (in a nice way)

I disagree. A few people were simply questioning whether it may have been a codename for something else, not questioning what the literal meaning of that word was. Nobody was trolling IMO.

There were people who claimed they don't know what it means. And the people wondering about a codename - there was a very clear context in the chat that made it very clear that it wasn't a codename for anything or anyone and that made it very clear what it means. And by asking those - well, stupid questions over and over again they made some people, including myself, explain over and over again when this is something that I didn't even want to have to explain more than once or at all. They just wouldn't let me and a few other people get this horrible thought out of our heads, and yes, I do think it was a game, at least for most of them.

Sorry I’m confused. After ten years, what brought the suspect to their attention again?

I think that unless this leads to anything then this investigation will continue..with little to go on.

He confessed to someone in a bar when a story came on the news about the 10th anniversary, he also showed this person a video of him raping a woman which turned out to be the American woman( I think), this person informed police and they checked his DNA against the hair sample the Portuguese police had.

Last edited:

I'm not sure if the German system works like that. They have questioned him, both Germany and UK, he is not talking. His legal team would get the evidence when he is charged only.
The police are in limbo at the moment waiting for some information to come in which means they can charge him.

There were people who claimed they don't know what it means. And the people wondering about a codename - there was a very clear context in the chat that made it very clear that it wasn't a codename for anything or anyone and that made it very clear what it means. And by asking those - well, stupid questions over and over again they made some people, including myself, explain over and over again when this is something that I didn't even want to have to explain more than once or at all. They just wouldn't let me and a few other people get this horrible thought out of our heads, and yes, I do think it was a game, at least for most of them.

You really have no need to explain yourself over and over - if you find it troubling in any way being on here and are having horrible thoughts maybe take a break for a while. There's no need to put yourself through things that are uncomfortable for you - I know it can be interesting and quite addictive going through this case, but if it gets too much - take some time out for a while and take care.

You really have no need to explain yourself over and over - if you find it troubling in any way being on here and are having horrible thoughts maybe take a break for a while. There's no need to put yourself through things that are uncomfortable for you - I know it can be interesting and quite addictive going through this case, but if it gets too much - butt out for a while and take care.

If you never have those horrible thoughts when you read certain things on here, than that sounds quite troubling to me. And thanks, you don't have to tell me what to do, you also don't have to tell me that there is no reason to think that those people were weird.

Not been around WS's for long ...and not exactly picked a simple crime to start with (! ) but I would imagine it's always a good idea to refresh and go back to basics every now and then.
The German police have linked CB to MM.
It may not be a video.

He wasn't investigated for the rape in 2006 as far as I can see, he was only linked to it in 2017 when a video was seen. He had a record for sexual activity in front of a child and burglary when Maddie went missing. No record for rape when the rapes occurred. Apparently police did search his vehicle days after Maddy went missing and found nothing...just as German police have done recently.
The rape happened in 2005. In Praia da Luz.
Why he is only linked to it on 2017?! Too much time. Always too much time...
If it has been identified and linked sooner, other similar cases could be avoided.
IMO, can't we question some laziness and slowness on several investigations when they demand more expertise?
Too serious to look at tourism interest, tourism protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C-Kane