Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have been following the Maddie Mccann disappearance in the media for years. This is the first time I am posting on WS about it.

I find it very peculiar that CB was convicted for a rape in 2005 only in 2019.
A video of that rape led to his conviction. No DNA traces?
Apparently he was known to Portuguese police, as he had served two prison sentences in the country - one of two months in Evora Prison in 1999 for a minor offence and a nine-month jail term on the Algarve in 2006. Police have ruled out Christian Brueckner as suspect in rape of Irish holiday rep | Daily Mail Online
In other words: his fingerprints and/or DNA should have been known to Portuguese LE.
I just don't get it that CB did not appear before regarding Maddies disappearance.

According to the Mccanns, they checked the apartment every 30 minutes while having dinner. If this is correct, CB had sufficient time (30 minutes) to break/sneak into the apartment and snatch Maddie and leave. I presume that those 30 minutes wouldn't have been sufficient for him to abuse her and/or kill her too in the apartment.
According to some news items, Maddie had died in the apartment. If so, he must have been extremely quick. But there is also much contradiction in the news about whether or not Maddie had died in the apartment.

Rape often leaves very little DNA, which is why the vast majority of cases go unsolved. There was a single hair found at the scene apparently.
I agree about the timeline, for me it's not consistent with abusing or killing her in the apartment.

So if you think the MET have been cautious, why are the German's not being?
That's the contradiction I can't get my head .

it was said a couple of days ago in the press that the Germans are taking an ‘unusual step‘ in this inquiry - I just think they’re taking a gamble whereas MET are more cautious - ( not the route they would take)

Hi all, I have been following the Maddie Mccann disappearance in the media for years. This is the first time I am posting on WS about it.

I find it very peculiar that CB was convicted for a rape in 2005 only in 2019.
A video of that rape led to his conviction. No DNA traces?
Apparently he was known to Portuguese police, as he had served two prison sentences in the country - one of two months in Evora Prison in 1999 for a minor offence and a nine-month jail term on the Algarve in 2006. Police have ruled out Christian Brueckner as suspect in rape of Irish holiday rep | Daily Mail Online
In other words: his fingerprints and/or DNA should have been known to Portuguese LE.
I just don't get it that CB did not appear before regarding Maddies disappearance.

According to the Mccanns, they checked the apartment every 30 minutes while having dinner. If this is correct, CB had sufficient time (30 minutes) to break/sneak into the apartment and snatch Maddie and leave. I presume that those 30 minutes wouldn't have been sufficient for him to abuse her and/or kill her too in the apartment.
According to some news items, Maddie had died in the apartment. If so, he must have been extremely quick. But there is also much contradiction in the news about whether or not Maddie had died in the apartment.

There is no proof that MM died or was injured in the apartment. The DNA profiles found in the apartment and rental car that the sniffer dogs alerted to were never proven to belong to MM so I think the rumour that she died in that apartment is false.

There is no proof that MM died or was injured in the apartment. The DNA profiles found in the apartment and rental car that the sniffer dogs alerted to were never proven to belong to MM so I think the rumour that she died in that apartment is false.

The DNA profiles were never ruled out either. They were mixed DNA and could have been made up by family members. They could be ruled in or out now in 2020 as the technology exists to separate them.

The DNA profiles were never ruled out either. They were mixed DNA and could have been made up by family members. They could be ruled in or out now in 2020 as the technology exists to separate them.

Well hopefully they are looking at any forensics gathered again now to see if anything is connected to CB.

I was also struck by the cadaver dog alerted to M's cuddly toy (on the doc) I hope it was considered that the perp may have touched that as well on removing her.

The Scum again ( unfortunately). Someone linked it a while back.
Madeleine McCann prosecutors call on Sun readers to help them nail prime suspect
“I don’t know if we will ever find her body. The evidence we have points to her death but I cannot tell you all what we know.
“All I can tell you is that we are sure she died in Portugal but I am not able to go into specific details.
“We haven’t interviewed our suspect because we don’t want to talk about the evidence we have with him but if he wants to talk to us then we would be very interested.”
The suspect is known to have videoed a previous rape victim and Mr Wolters said he could not rule out something similar in their Madeleine investigation.
He said: “It is possible that our suspect filmed something in connection with Madeleine but we haven’t got direct evidence that he did.'
Point to her death, sure it was in Portugal but only possible it was filmed....?!

I cannot imagine a German prosecutor calling the Sun and asking for the help of their readers! :D
A Sun journalist will have approached them and paraphrased the conversation.
So don't take it too literally or try to read anything into it.
The German police will have told this tabloid hack no more than they wish to disclose.

I cannot imagine a German prosecutor calling the Sun and asking for the help of their readers! :D
The German police will have told this tabloid hack no more than they wish to disclose.

Yes and we all know about the Sun's history of Paedo hunting!

I'm sure the reponse in the media to thea kind of revelation would be calm and measured. They still don't have enough evidence to prosecute, why reveal what they have now (assuming they did have a video)? Could be why they're asking for interior details of buildings he used, to tie it to him.

Regarding the dicrepancy between the Met's line, could be any number of things. Maybe they don't have ALL the evidence the Germans do, maybe it's not clear enough that the video is MM, or there's no proof of death on the video. Or it could just be political narrative.

The revelation is already allover UK the press though isn't it and they have revealed plenty? They say they are working with the Germans.

'In a statement, Scotland Yard said: "Met detectives, working with German authorities, have identified a man currently imprisoned in Germany as a suspect in Madeleine's disappearance."

Madeleine McCann case: Police in Portugal remain convinced parents killed daughter, says prosecutor

I still think the whole thing is very odd. The Met police have spent 12 years investigating one of the biggest crimes in history but don't want to be part of one of the supposedly biggest developments of the whole case (death). Seems like they are happy to sit back and let Germany take the flak if CB isn't charged.

Yep agreed. I am reluctant to link to it really!

The revelation is already allover UK the press though isn't it and they have revealed plenty? They say they are working with the Germans.

'In a statement, Scotland Yard said: "Met detectives, working with German authorities, have identified a man currently imprisoned in Germany as a suspect in Madeleine's disappearance."

Madeleine McCann case: Police in Portugal remain convinced parents killed daughter, says prosecutor

I still think the whole thing is very odd. The Met police have spent 12 years investigating one of the biggest crimes in history but don't want to be part of one of the supposedly biggest developments of the whole case (death). Seems like they are happy to sit back and let Germany take the flak if CB isn't charged.

Perhaps the MET don't want to waste their limited funding on this - after all they were only funded up until end March 2020 - No word yet as to if they have received more £ from the Home Office.

Who said they don't want to be involved, they are involved, they're just not in charge of this investigation. I don't think them maintaining their misson persons line is all that signicant for reasons I've already given.

My point about the video is, if they did have a video, what possible incentive would they have to reveal that at this stage of the investigation? I can't imagine any way in which that would help get a conviction but lots of ways it could hinder it.

Perhaps the MET don't want to waste their limited funding on this - after all they were only funded up until end March 2020 - No word yet as to if they have received more £ from the Home Office.

Maybe but they had the files in their possession in 2012, CB was in there. Germany in 2013 - many people called into a TV programme and named CB. In 2014 SY start digging in Praia ( many say it's a big show on purpose), they interview a group of supposed burglars at this time, one of them allegedly of low intelligence and one of them 16 at the time of the crime....then they clear them.
The dig must have been hugely expensive and surely wasn't linked to CB because they didn't interview him but a group of people who were cleared of any involvement.

Who said they don't want to be involved, they are involved, they're just not in charge of this investigation. I don't think them maintaining their misson persons line is all that signicant for reasons I've already given.

My point about the video is, if they did have a video, what possible incentive would they have to reveal that as this stage of the investigation? I can't imagine any way in which that would help get a conviction but lots of ways it could hinder it.

I know they are involved. But they are not committing to the 'fact' that she is dead. Scotland Yard are entirely free to also say 'we have good reason to think she's dead' just as the Germans have, which also wouldn't reveal evidence - but they don't.

If he was given a 'tougher sentence', it would breach his
Human Rights.
So his 'human rights' say he only needs too serve 15 months for sexually assaulting a child, for the 4th time, and illegally possessing child *advertiser censored*? It's his human right to walk away with a slap on the wrist?

Gave him the chance to keep doing it. It is disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charley04