Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Meanwhile, Mr Wolters said today that a single piece of evidence made him 100 per cent certain Madeleine was murdered.

Earlier, he had said there was “a little bit of hope” that she might yet be found.

It left a source close to parents Kate and Gerry saying they were considering sending an envoy to Germany to demand answers.

Christian B, who has 17 child sex convictions, is known to have videoed victims.

But Mr Wolters has refused to say whether he has footage or photographs of Madeleine."

Latest comments from Wolters seem to contradict some of what he said previously. His earlier comment about CB "may have made a video but we dont have evidence he did" was taken by most as a denial they had a video, yet this latest remark says he is refusing to say? Why? Also seems like the McCanns aren't fully aware of all the evidence either.

Madeleine McCann prime suspect linked to sex attack on another British girl
Interesesting...................

'We have no forensic evidence, but we have no doubt that Madeleine is dead. I think the British authorities need the forensic evidence for her death, but in Germany we don't need forensic evidence.'

Christian Brueckner identified as suspect in McCann case after Met's call log breakthrough | Daily Mail Online
Back to the riddle.
Yesterday he says there is no forensic evidence, but they have no doubt mbm is dead.
Today there is a single piece of evidence That makes him 100% certain she was murdered.

so it is a piece of non-forensic (i.e. non-scientific) evidence that he has, that proves 100% that she was murdered.

Could be referring to the confession to the friend.

Or maybe there is a video, but they can't be 100% sure CB made it?
Still think it is photo or video.
I don’t think a confession of a friend would make a prosecutor 100% certain of murder.
Physical evidence, a photo or a video, would allow him to say he was 100% sure. Imo.

agree there is some doubt with the photo/video, and of course they can’t identify who is committing the crime, or they would have already arrested someone.

Could be referring to the confession to the friend.

Or maybe there is a video, but they can't be 100% sure CB made it?
I can't see it being the confession. Firstly it could be dismissed as hearsay, but they also keep referring to this strong piece of evidence they cannot make public so it's obviously something else.

Things the LE/Wolters have said-
- There is a single piece of evidence that makes them 100% certain that Madeliene was murdered. Not 99%, 100% which is a big distinction.
- They know how she died. Again "know" is an absolute statement.
- CB knew/said something only the abductor could know. So, something not in the public domain, but more importantly how do LE know it is true then?
- Refusing to comment as to whether they have photos or videos of Madeleine.

Is Tristan Brubach on websleuths?

Since it's been mentioned that CB is being looked at as a possibility in the Tristan Brübach case, I actually looked last night for a thread for Tristan on Websleuths and could only find one post someone started under the spelling "Tristan Bruebach" under Cold Cases.

It would need a title update to add details and someone to add media links and case information. The details of the case are too horrendous for me, but I wish someone would give him a real thread. He was so tragically murdered.

Edited twice to correct name spellings.

I found this quite interesting, from Luis Antonio's witness statement in PJ Police Files:

P.J. POLICE FILES: LUIS ANTONIO HUSBAND OF MICHAELA WALCZUCH 14 MAY 07

Asked about days 2 and 3 May 2007, he said:

Around 18h00/18h30 he remembers having gone to mount
a motor, which he thinks he had bought the day before (but that can be confirmed
with the invoice, if necessary), in Vale da Lama, close to Odiaxere, to a man
named Mark who is not a client but he [LA] had been asked by a mutual
acquaintance and had accepted the job. That consisted of unmounting a motor that
had been installed previously to "disentangle from the client" and mounting the
new one. Around 19h30 he still went to his German client, named Lier, in the
same area, Lote 6.

Apart from the clunky translation - I believe this refers to changing an engine, doesn't it - it is interesting in light of recent queries on motors relating to CB, particularly the 'changing hands' of one of his cars on 4/5/07. Could this changing of the engine be some efforts to create a 'ringer' (British slang)? Appears it was some kind of favour.

Luis Antonio had a pool maintenance business in Praia da Luz and, it would appear, some sort of car repair business, although cannot find mention of this specifically in his statements.
Odiaxere appears for a third time.
Pool maintenance appears again.

- There is a single piece of evidence that makes them 100% certain that Madeliene was murdered. Not 99%, 100% which is a big distinction.
- CB knew/said something only the abductor could know. So, something not in the public domain, but more importantly how do LE know it is true then?
I think some things are being lost in translation with what the prosecutor is telling the UK media. He can’t “know” how madeline died if he said only yesterday that “There is a small possibility she is still alive’

I’ve always took it as they strongly believe she’s dead, but with no body there is no 100% certainty. The method they think she was killed with has probably come from what they’ve heard 3rd party, I.e, what cb has said in chat rooms, to his friend etc etc.

Still think it is photo or video.
I don’t think a confession of a friend would make a prosecutor 100% certain of murder.
Physical evidence, a photo or a video, would allow him to say he was 100% sure. Imo.

agree there is some doubt with the photo/video, and of course they can’t identify who is committing the crime, or they would have already arrested someone.
I think that too and linking that with the earlier appeals for details of the interiors of the properties. imo
Coming out and saying that they had a photo or video would be too specific and give too much away.

I can't see it being the confession. Firstly it could be dismissed as hearsay, but they also keep referring to this strong piece of evidence they cannot make public so it's obviously something else.

I agree.
Since the LE announced CB as a suspect they have been very ambiguous regarding statements.
I too believe, as we discussed last week, that there is video or photographic evidence.
The reason they are saying that she may/may not be alive/dead relates to this evidence.
IF there is a picture video of MM, then there is no way to actually tell if she is dead.
For instance, say if you took a photo or filmed a dead body then showed it to someone else, there would be no way anyone could TELL that the person is, in fact, dead.
Even if abuse has been filmed, there is no way you can ACTUALLY confirm from a video IF a person has actually died. But I'm sure, depending on the nature of the pic/footage that they have a very good idea either way.
This, I believe, explains the ambiguity.

IMO

Last edited:
I think some things are being lost in translation with what the prosecutor is telling the UK media. He can’t “know” how madeline died if he said only yesterday that “There is a small possibility she is still alive’

I’ve always took it as they strongly believe she’s dead, but with no body there is no 100% certainty. The method they think she was killed with has probably come from what they’ve heard 3rd party, I.e, what cb has said in chat rooms, to his friend etc etc.
Maybe. But I do question whether this "small possibility" comment was more to defuse tension and appease the McCanns. Without evidence of a body, anything is possible is I think what he really meant. Even if there was some video showing something, there's always a small possibility the person in it may have been someone else.

The evidence can only be one of three things I can think of. Either photographic/video evidence. A former associate with detailed knowledge who has turned on him. Internet records where he has incriminated himself. Or a combination of those, maybe corroborated testimony from independent sources.

Maybe. But I do question whether this "small possibility" comment was more to defuse tension and appease the McCanns. Without evidence of a body, anything is possible is I think what he really meant. Even if there was some video showing something, there's always a small possibility the person in it may have been someone else.

The evidence can only be one of three things I can think of. Either photographic/video evidence. A former associate with detailed knowledge who has turned on him. Internet records where he has incriminated himself. Or a combination of those, maybe corroborated testimony from independent sources.
I think what the media is telling us particularly the statements from people that knew him, is only a part of what they've told the police. I'm thinking of the young German/Albanian girlfriend and the British one who even from the news reports, seemed quite forthcoming in what she said.

I think what the media is telling us particularly the statements from people that knew him, is only a part of what they've told the police. I'm thinking of the young German/Albanian girlfriend and the British one who even from the news reports, seemed quite forthcoming in what she said.

That could potentially revel other leads, that is what the police want. As has been seen, ask the questions, people will answer the call with information.

He liked to video rapes, a memory stick had 1000's of images, he showed footage from his phone to a person. He celebrated the rape by showing it to a 'friend'.
He needed these images to fulfil his needs. IMO there is footage, pics of MM which imo he would have got MORE pleasure from viewing considering the length he has had them and the twisted thoughts that he would have had because of the circumstances.

Who are CB's lawyers? He was living in the streets when he was jailed, so I assume they're public defenders? Does anyone know about that?

They will be high profile lawyers from a big firm who specialize in murder cases, they will be doing it on a 'Pro-Bono' basis. It's a high profile case, money can't by that type of advertising.

I agree.
Since the LE announced CB as a suspect they have been very ambiguous regarding statements.
I too believe, as we discussed last week, that there is video or photographic evidence.
The reason they are saying that she may/may not be alive/dead relates to this evidence.
IF there is a picture video of MM, then there is no way to actually tell if she is dead.
For instance, say if you took a photo or filmed a dead body then showed it to someone else, there would be no way anyone could TELL that the person is, in fact, dead.
Even if abuse has been filmed, there is no way you can ACTUALLY confirm from a video IF a person has actually died. But I'm sure, depending on the nature of the pic/footage that they have a very good idea either way.
This, I believe, explains the ambiguity.

IMO
The prosecutor is being quoted as being ‘100% sure she was murdered’ - no ambiguity in that statement. And would clear up any of that speculation you point out.

I think the speculation is around what the prosecutor has said. Is he being constantly misquoted or mistranslated day after day?

Thoughts.

The friend in the bar who CB allegedly showed the rape video to - could be the same person in the chat room.

The chatroom conversation could have gone on to partially admit / intimate he had taken MM.

Maybe (in the excerpt released) CB was just testing the other person - cunningly suggesting what he wanted to do (to gain the other trust and see if he was as depraved as himself) then going on to intimate he had already done something like that -

Just some thoughts to explore.

Who are CB's lawyers? He was living in the streets when he was jailed, so I assume they're public defenders? Does anyone know about that?

1. Johann Schwenn
"Schwenn is considered to be a particularly controversial defender ....."
Johann Schwenn: German lawyer (born: 1947)

2. Friedrich Fülscher - I am unable to find a profile for him, and he is the one most mentioned in articles about this case.
He is described as Schwenn's Kiel colleague.
Fall Maddie: Tatverdächtiger wird im Gefängnis verlegt

Johann Schwenn has represented many prominent people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member