Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't have the file in this case because there technically isn't one yet. They don't have enough to charge CB, until they do no-one can see the file because the investigation isn't finished. It wouldn't be right for the family and their lawyers to see evidence before someone's even been questioned or knows what the charges are against him.

You misunderstood, I highlighted a part of the quote in red. I was referring to the US police not releasing case files to relatives, even after 50 years.

I disagree - people talk, sell stories and before you know it a prosecution is severely compromised.
I feel utter grief for the MG's, I really do and being a parent I would want to know details, but sadly it can't be so until details come out after a charge.
But there are ways of fighting and campaigning for cases to be re opened but it's sometimes impossible.

Who is this MGs you feel for.

There is only MC’s

That’s nice you disagree but if you took the time to read my edited post you would see that in some cases I agree NO information should be passed to anyone. In this case though, well you know the rest...

Forgive me - I replied your post as it was, so would have been before it was edited?

Last edited:
Replying on my own post upthread.

Now the McCanns claimed/stated on here Official Find Madeleine Campaign they have no lawler on their payroll, what should we think of this? The NDR.de is not a back-alley tabloid. In the garbage can?

The statement given by the parents at the link provided in the quote also notes they will not give a "running commentary" (loosely paraphrased). I found it interesting b/c that is the same remark said to have been given by the lawyer or the spokesperson for the family (I forget what the guy's supposed role is). It actually made me wonder whether the Mccann's have anything to do with the FB page in question? Perhaps they do not? I'm calling BS on the page in question. I'd believe the statement were from the parents if I saw it in an actual media report from a reputable source, but otherwise, keep in mind, literally anyone could make a FB page and claim to be affiliated with this case or any other case, when really, they're not.

The statement given by the parents at the link provided in the quote also notes they will not give a "running commentary" (loosely paraphrased). I found it interesting b/c that is the same remark said to have been given by the lawyer or the spokesperson for the family (I forget what the guy's supposed role is). It actually made me wonder whether the Mccann's have anything to do with the FB page in question? Perhaps they do not? I'm calling BS on the page in question. I'd believe the statement were from the parents if I saw it in an actual media report from a reputable source, but otherwise, keep in mind, literally anyone could make a FB page and claim to be affiliated with this case or any other case, when really, they're not.

It is also on their website findmadeleine.com so yes this statement is directly from both parents.

Updates: | findmadeleine.com

From the MG's website
Updates: | findmadeleine.com

They can't have the file in this case because there technically isn't one yet. They don't have enough to charge CB, until they do no-one can see the file because the investigation isn't finished. It wouldn't be right for the family and their lawyers to see evidence before someone's even been questioned or knows what the charges are against him.
This could be deliberate though. I think the most important thing for the German LE is not whether they have enough to charge him but enough to ensure his conviction. Would be a catastrophe, if what is one of the biggest cases in recent times, saw a man get acquitted for this by some hotshot lawyer despite evidence supposedly saying there was more chance than not of a conviction (the threshold for charging).

In that sense, I wonder if they are being economical with the truth when they say don't yet have enough evidence. I think an over 50% chance of a guilty verdict is not good enough for what they want. Could it be they do have enough to get the charge raised but not quite enough to make conviction inevitable?

I'm not saying that it IS, but if it WAS, they wouldn't really be able to come out and say that. At least for now they can keep building the evidence to make it as watertight as possible without (even more) mass hysteria from the Press and having to reveal the extent of the evidence they are holding to anyone (especially CB and his legal team).

and yet, they have commented

Or... they are purported to have commented. I'll believe the statement came from the Mccann's if/when I see reliable media report it / see the Mccann's themselves in the media saying it out loud!

The last 12 hours is the perfect illustration of how the UK media simply prints misleading and unsourced stories based off each others reporting ...

... before we even get on to the wild speculation and nonsense

In other words 90% of the reporting over the last 10 days belongs in the bin

CB buried his faithful dog rolled up in a blanket in his own back yard. He also buried those disgusting USB's under the corpse of his dog

That's VERY interesting from an analysts point of view.

agree, but I"m curious to know what you make of this move?

I can’t believe what is happening in this case. What the hell are the Germans playing at? None of this seems to be misreporting and there are videos of the prosecutors saying it. What on Earth is happening? It’s bizarre.

The only suspicion I have is the German’s have had some of this evidence for years without acting. Suddenly the week before Breukner was due to be released German authorities suddenly started made very specific allegations which would cause the widest possible exposure. A part of me is wondering if they know he’s an extremely dangerous sex attacker/murderer who would seriously reoffend almost straight away and was capable of travelling around Europe leaving no trace of himself (so police couldn’t find find him)committing more crimes.

If the police were desperate to keep him in, hitting the nuclear button on Madeleine would be a good way to do it. What judge would want to be known as the person who freed Madeleine’s killer. His parole date has been and gone so a success if this is what they wanted.

Plus if they think CB travelled around Europe committing crimes, often on tourists, releasing the McCann link in a way which caused maximum exposure of him across Europe so other victims of rapes and attacks came forward, as I believe they have from across Europe. How the ethics of that the effect on the McCann’s would work, I don’t know.

The other thing that struck me is the way the McCann’s have speedily dismissed this out of hand. They don’t seem to have been communicating with the German police or trying to get answers or clarification from them. In particular they seem in no rush to clarify where the letter is or what it says. I’d be on the phone for days and stalking the prosecutors office for answers and wouldn’t be putting that message on the website until I knew exactly where that letter was and what it says. It’s odd but maybe a feature of denial

I said in a previous thread - maybe he fed the USB to the dog and it only reappeared after the dog decomposed - is that still an option, or does it clearly say that it was under the dog bones?

Wondering what condition the USB key was found in. EG: was it wrapped in plastic (ziplock?), or just out in the open and exposed? This might speak to the intent of the person who placed it there. If it was all messed up and exposed to the elements, it might also provide some insight as to how this key got there (eg: maybe the dog ate it?), or maybe it was placed there after the dog died, but the person who placed it didn't care if it was exposed to the elements?

In particular they seem in no rush to clarify where the letter is or what it says. I’d be on the phone for days and stalking the prosecutors office for answers and wouldn’t be putting that message on the website until I knew exactly where that letter was and what it says. It’s odd but maybe a feature of denial
But KM and GM haven't said there's "no letter" - they said, "The widely reported news that we have a received a letter from the German authorities that states there is evidence or proof that Madeleine is dead is FALSE. " which could also mean they HAVE a letter, but that it doesn't say she's dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams