Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe GM was recording his thoughts on a dicaphone ready for the press conf?
a few of us commented earlier to say there's really no way GM could have been there - as he had all eyes on him and they were being trailed by dozens of photographers wherever they went.

The Sun are putting a slightly different spin on it, implying the letter may have not yet reached them. Both DM and the Sun claiming they have sought clarification from HCW today following the McCann's latest statement -

In an on-the-record interview given yesterday, prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said: “we have written to the McCanns" to tell them "Madeleine is dead".

Wolters said the letter spoke of 'concrete evidence' that proved tragic Madeleine's death, but did not divulge what that evidence was.

Speaking yesterday he did not confirm whether the letter was with the McCann's and today he told The Sun: "I am not able to say whether the letter has reached the family, or is still on the move."

Prosecutors insist they HAVE sent letter saying Maddie is dead after parents say not received

What a mess! Becoming a total farce this.

#lettergate

Could be. But the man could also have been a journo phoning his story in to his newspaper, and quoting the McCs from the press conference, and just happened to look similar to GM
Didn't the witness say the guy was about 5 foot 6? GM is about 6 foot tall! You don't make that margin of error. No way was it GM IMO.

Didn't the witness say the guy was about 5 foot 6? GM is about 6 foot tall! You don't make that margin of error. No way was it GM IMO.

That's what I said too, there's no way it was GM. Or is that a typo?
GM could not possibly have got so far from PDL without all eyes on him.

Could be. But the man could also have been a journo phoning his story in to his newspaper, and quoting the McCs from the press conference, and just happened to look similar to GM

Need to find out when the press conf was....

Need to find out when the press conf was....

sorry "press conference" were my words - I just meant it could have been someone quoting G or KM, not necessarily a press conference in the strictest terms

That's what I said too, there's no way it was GM. Or is that a typo?
GM could not possibly have got so far from PDL without all eyes on him.

Also GM never said those words in his 1st statement, in fact did he ever say them?

sorry "press conference" were my words - I just meant it could have been someone quoting G or KM, not necessarily a press conference in the strictest terms

Yeah, realise that - but 'quoting those words would have hinged on GM saying them himself, which I don't believe he did in his first statement - ........still looking.

I've found this - did the woman say she saw him on 7th May??? If so, the words the man was saying tie in exactly with this - on 7th May, so IMO it was someone quoting KM

Well spotted!

On the afternoon of Monday 7.5.07 I was in Lagos as I needed to do some.....................

Well spotted!

On the afternoon of Monday 7.5.07 I was in Lagos as I needed to do some.....................

I believe you're correct - the reporter would have reading the text from his notepad.
P.J. POLICE FILES: CAROLYN KISH

Last edited:
Some would call it denial, some would call it hope.
Of course they live in hope.. There is always hope. What I meant is that The McCanns will forever deny, refuse to accept any claims that others make. I am a realist but even I hold out hope on this one. I think the truth will be far more devastating though! X

I just saw this on another forum,its about CB’s life with his ex NF and “their” foster children.
If I understood it well,one of the foster child,a young girl was missing for a month during the time of staying there.CB had brought her back and it is not clear what happend.

Why does this pseudo-sighting of GM matter? It was obviously someone else, the case was a big talking point. The witness even said herself that she had thought it was a journalist.

People are always encouraged to report anything, however trivial, so it's just one of many irrelevant reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member