Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 30-minute phone call police hope will finally solve Madeleine McCann mystery

Mr Wolters said: "At the moment if we interview the suspect he could say, ‘My girlfriend had my phone that night and I didn’t have it’.

"The person he spoke to could put the phone in his hand [by confirming that it was definitely Brückner to whom he spoke], which would mean he was in the area at the time.

"This is the evidence we want before we issue an arrest warrant and then interview him for the murder. It would help the case against him — but we would also need more evidence."

I wonder if the other caller has been found yet?

Without wanting to be contrary, how would him being in the area at the time take this further forward? And isn't that an old report you're quoting? It's (a) dated the 14/6 and (b) the Mirror.

No offence (really) but I'm just not seeing any value or significance in your link.

Last edited:
I think if they find the caller and he sings against CB then it's game on and he will be charged. If they haven't charged CB yet then they probably need the person he spoke with to come forward still. Interesting. Why are they sure that would be what the need to charge him? What else do they have on CB? Must be more than just he received a call in the area because otherwise why would they need corroboration?
They would want it corroborating to not only confirm their suspicions but so that when they confront him with it he cannot denyvit or put the phone in another persons hand, eg a g/f or anybody else X

I go back and forth on whether he was a lone wolf or part of a larger network. By all accounts, he was a highly successful criminal in Portugal with his drug dealing, burglaries and rapes. He didn’t have a serious criminal record there either. He had to know, at some level, that this abduction was going to end his other enterprises in PdL for at least several years, but he did it anyways. What would motivate him to do that? His own personal sick desires? Or a big payout from a larger ring of sickos?

It’s hard to know how his mind works...

I personally see him as a lucky loser. They say before a plane crash there has to be a series of very unfortunate events-it rarely just "happens" there are chances, and chances missed.
I think he got cockier with each assault/crime.
Highly successful criminals would eat him for breakfast.

I've said this all along. Why was this child not dressed appropriately by either staff or her father considering she was going outdoors at the dead of night. Some people say because it is warm in Portugal but I beg to differ X
As I’ve said before, in my opinion this was Madeline being carried by her abductor, possibly in disguise (wig?!) and possibly after being handed to him in that position out of the window. MOO, not seen anything to contradict this here yet

Without wanting to be contrary, how would him being in the area at the time take this further forward? And isn't that an old report you're quoting? It's (a) dated the 14/6 and (b) the Mirror.

No offence (really) but I'm just not seeing any value or significance in your link.
They brought him in for questioning in 2013 over the MM case following a "tip-off" but then let him go. Presumably they asked him where he was on that date. If he claimed to be elsewhere and they can show he was lying, and was in fact in the area, then that it is very important. HCW made a comment about not letting CB know what they know yet as it could give him chance to "change his story". What "story" do they mean given they haven't questioned him in this recent investigation yet?

If its him,and it was a ring,seems like too much of a loose cannon to get involved with,whether anyone knew of his past or not hes a real oddball..and from his point of view working with others doesnt strike me as something he would do.If we are to believe he has this catalogue of crimes under his belt i guess it could have been money...how much does it cost to start a kiosk in germany?,i just dont see him letting someone into his world considering what he has done and what life he has lead..and i cannot see some elite paedophile group trusting this individual with someone as prized as she would have been.I think hes done it off his own back,and then took her somewhere and well dont wish to think about the rest but i do think hes took pics or video.Thing is they could have found pics that are not necessarily of the face or distinguishing things like clothing..
I totally get that, but then I fear that’s because we are not living in that kind of world. Reckon he was associating with like minded people’s, eg MN is still a potential for me. I can’t completely discount my theory that he himself was groomed by someone from a young ago

MOO

Because they have most of the evidence they NEED. But still must place HIM in the area at the time - and not just someone who could have been using his phone.

etd

Last edited:
They brought him in for questioning in 2013 over the MM case following a "tip-off" but then let him go. Presumably they asked him where he was on that date. If he claimed to be elsewhere and they can show he was lying, and was in fact in the area, then that it is very important. HCW made a comment about not letting CB know what they know yet as it could give him chance to "change his story". What "story" do they mean given they haven't questioned him in this recent investigation yet?
thats such a good point! he would have already gave his version of events to police back when he was asked in for questioning in 2013.... if they can now prove that what he told them then was in fact false (i.e he wasnt in the area that night) well, then why did he lie if he had nothing to hide?

As I’ve said before, in my opinion this was Madeline being carried by her abductor, possibly in disguise (wig?!) and possibly after being handed to him in that position out of the window. MOO, not seen anything to contradict this here yet

I’ve always thought this too. The man who came forward could of been another parent walking with their child from the crèche. As previously stated the position in which he is holding the child is just odd. Unfortunately the police have ruled out this sighting although strangely enough the find Madeleine page still has the sketch drawing of it as ‘people of interest’ so really for me I feel the parents aren’t convinced this was an innocent parent.

Childrens clothing in particular swimming costumes-did this make him a beach snatcher also? Thinking aloud.
I was nearly took by a man off a beach when I was a child. He was trying to lure me away by saying if I wanted to see a squid he had caught, my skin shudders thinking back. I really think this happens more than we think. Great shout!

I find it so odd how in 2005, when he was dating the English ex girlfriend, he was driving a nice jag, always smartly dressed in shirts and jackets etc, then by the time Madeline goes missing, he’s got no home and is practically homeless sleeping in a battered up camper van. Then the next minuite he’s buying a 30ft Winnebago motor home, (which wouldn’t have been cheap surely)... Then he’s broke again and living in some ramshackled farm house in Germany sleeping on a mattress in what looks like delerict abondoned half knocked down building... and then he seems to have found money again and buys a kiosk and a nice enough flat in Braunschweig. I can’t keep up?

He is a "survivor" for want of a better word. His desires don't truly lie with money or materials. What we envision to be ups and downs, are not so to him.

Do you think he chose MM because she looked so loved and happy, or because she was ‘abandoned’ ? Or simply because the apartment gave most opportunity?

I am reminded of how tiny she is in the photos and videos. I cannot understand any of it.

I suggest reading up how others described her. I personally can feel when a child has something that seems special about them.

I wonder why he didn’t seem to target single mothers for his ‘romantic’ relationships. He could have had more access to regular abusing of the child and even friends. I know he can’t maintain relationships for any length of time, but even so, surely there was some kind of practical scope that he chose not to. Were the victims he allegedly targeted violently well-nourished and loved?

I imagine a young single woman be far easier to victimise than a mama bear.

ETD
I believe the Grandmother said that because she knew that KM used calpol in the past.

Was she not on good terms with KM and GM and supporting of them? I don't have much knowledge of this side of things.

I find it so odd how in 2005, when he was dating the English ex girlfriend, he was driving a nice jag, always smartly dressed in shirts and jackets etc, then by the time Madeline goes missing, he’s got no home and is practically homeless sleeping in a battered up camper van. Then the next minuite he’s buying a 30ft Winnebago motor home, (which wouldn’t have been cheap surely)... Then he’s broke again and living in some ramshackled farm house in Germany sleeping on a mattress in what looks like delerict abondoned half knocked down building... and then he seems to have found money again and buys a kiosk and a nice enough flat in Braunschweig. I can’t keep up?
Well at the very least he needed to learn money management skills

That is an odd coincidence if it wasn't him. It made me wonder, did he have a "mentor"? Someone who taught him how to conduct these vicious attacks? Or... perhaps one used the other's specific M.O to make it look like the other?
Yes! This is my thought over a few days now. One suggestion is MN, but could be someone unknown to us just now?!

MOO

I was nearly took by a man off a beach when I was a child. He was trying to lure me away by saying if I wanted to see a squid he had caught, my skin shudders thinking back. I really think this happens more than we think. Great shout!

Thats awful. How lucky you were! My husband was almost lured away by a man in a truck when he was about 7yrs old. His father was distracted and when he turned around panicked when he couldn't see him closeby; Joe was headed in the direction of a man stood by his truck at the edge of the road just staring at him intently. The way my father in law described it almost made me feel like the guy had some sort of power to "pull him in" so to speak, without even needing the puppy/sweets. It makes my skin crawl. He was later found to be a convicted child killer. Little Joe was being watched over that day!

Your post made me think of something - is it possible that no one seemed to notice MM being abducted b/c they simply didn't recognize her? She is a tiny blond child. Could the abductor have put a hat or a wig on her and off they went into the night? I would also like to know, at what time did the sun set and how dark was it at the time of the abduction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah