Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he chose MM because she looked so loved and happy, or because she was ‘abandoned’ ? Or simply because the apartment gave most opportunity?

I am reminded of how tiny she is in the photos and videos. I cannot understand any of it.
Possibily all of that.... and more.

Just FYI ...

The MM files released by the Portuguese had 7 or 8 pages redacted for ‘privacy reasons’ about ‘known sex offenders.’ This was from the 2007-2008 investigation.

Was CB listed in those files? No one actually knows for sure, at least publicly.

Amaral stated last year (not a ‘prediction’ - he simply blabbed info to the media that other people knew) that a German paedophile was currently a prime suspect, one who’d been ‘eliminated’ in 2008. That suggests CB was in the mix.

On what basis was he eliminated? How much investigation was done? Interviews? Alibis? DNA samples?

7 or 8 pages on all the known sex offenders in the area in 2007 doesn’t give me confidence in a very thorough investigation ... I’d expect many more pages than that?

I think it’s another one they kept trying to pin this on. He died in jail. Remember cb wasn’t a paedo back at that time...or wasn’t a known and convicted one!

a small time drug dealer living miles away with a minor conviction for having an underage gf at 17 isn’t as interesting as actual paedos who have been in jail. If he was under suspicion, then he would be far down the list

There's so many potential options. With a car nearby, he could have had MM hidden away in another house before anyone even knew she was gone.

The farmhouse with the wells is just a 6 minute drive from the apartment.

I can't see how a vehicle wasn't involved - I mean how far can you get carrying a small child?
That's why LE are appealing about the vehicles imo.
The reason they appealing about the call suggests a 2nd perp could be involved.
I've suggested before the CB would have wanted to take MM to a place that he felt was 'safe' and familiar to him (some would call it, in simple terms, a 'lair' and where he had possibly carried out other fantasies. This is GRAPHIC and somewhere he would have all the 'equipment he needed' sorry. Hence the LE asking for interiors, places he lived etc.

To me the appeal suggests that LE has it nailed everything else and just want a little more info on those 3 important points IMO

I'm guilty of going off on tangents all the time! Sometimes you have to just look at exactly what the latest appeal was to narrow it back down.

Regarding the reward, people most likely to know were into dodgy stuff too and probably distrustful of authority, and perhaps felt that the ‘reward’ wouldn’t be paid out in any case. Can’t particularly remember of hearing of any that has been.

It's the Mirror however the British ex girlfriend spoke in great detail about him - his background and personality in these two articles. Things that I haven't read before (once you get through the usual stuff)
I wonder if this was the girlfriend that AB said he spoke a lot about?

"There was another lady, she was much older and I think there may have been something going on between them.
“He used to walk her dog and clean her apartment - at least that’s what he told me - and she gave him money for that.
“She lived in the centre of town. He took me to her house a couple of times, to see her dog.
“He used to go to people’s houses a lot, saying he was going to visit this person and that person."

Madeleine McCann suspect's Brit ex claims 'I found beast waiting under my bed'
Madeleine McCann suspect's ex-girlfriend says police must find secret third car
The one British ex girlfriend who CB dated for a year said she and her friend wondered if CB was breaking into homes and businesses. She said there were lots of cameras and computers around CB’s place.

Would you date a person you suspected may be a burglar?

Last edited:
The one British ex girlfriend who CB dated for a year said she and her friend wondered if CB was breaking into homes and businesses. She said there were lots of cameras and computers around CB’s place.

Exactly! But also a master manipulator. I really feel for the women he was involved with, now they realise how duped they were by him, that must be pretty hard to come to terms with yourself imo,

I wonder why he didn’t seem to target single mothers for his ‘romantic’ relationships. He could have had more access to regular abusing of the child and even friends. I know he can’t maintain relationships for any length of time, but even so, surely there was some kind of practical scope that he chose not to. Were the victims he allegedly targeted violently well-nourished and loved?

I can't see how a vehicle wasn't involved - I mean how far can you get carrying a small child?
That's why LE are appealing about the vehicles imo.
The reason they appealing about the call suggests a 2nd perp could be involved.
I've suggested before the CB would have wanted to take MM to a place that he felt was 'safe' and familiar to him (some would call it, in simple terms, a 'lair' and where he had possibly carried out other fantasies. This is GRAPHIC and somewhere he would have all the 'equipment he needed' sorry. Hence the LE asking for interiors, places he lived etc.

To me the appeal suggests that LE has it nailed everything else and just want a little more info on those 3 important points IMO

I'm guilty of going off on tangents all the time! Sometimes you have to just look at exactly what the latest appeal was to narrow it back down.
I thought it was interesting the quote from Wolters that the vehicles are not directly linked to the case. We now know the Jag was in Germany (there is something dodgy about that whole affair too) but what about the camper van? How does he know it is not directly involved? To rule it out, it could mean they either know the camper van was somewhere else, or they know what vehicle was involved in the abduction.

This whole thing in Foral keeps coming back to me with the dodgy couple running the foster home. We know he ended up living there shortly after, but how did that come about? Was R involved? Was he the other phone number? Was this his bolt hole after the abduction?

The appeal for information of interiors of his known hangouts, I can only think one thing. A video/photograph that shows something distinctive they are trying to locate. I find it impossible to believe that if CB did this, he wouldn't have made a video. Not entirely sure whether the police have it, he may have kept it very concealed and even destroyed it given the heat. But I think someone else has at least seen it and can describe it. This guy in the bar and the tip off in 2013 have to be people involved in the same circles IMO, possibly trying to get themselves out of a hole with the police by giving up CB.

Exactly! But also a master manipulator. I really feel for the women he was involved with, now they realise how duped they were by him, that must be pretty hard to come to terms with yourself imo,
A nightmare if he's guilty of all that's been talked about in the last few days! You'd be wondering how you managed to get away. I think this ex has given a lot of details to the police that could be useful. imo

Yes, very true they were manipulated. But she wasn’t a complete fool. She suspected he was involved in criminal activity.

If you suspected your ex, who had beaten and stalked you, had been a burglar at the time of MM’s abduction and had left the area afterwards, wouldn’t you have tipped off the police immediately, at least anonymously?

Regarding the reward, people most likely to know were into dodgy stuff too and probably distrustful of authority, and perhaps felt that the ‘reward’ wouldn’t be paid out in any case. Can’t particularly remember of hearing of any that has been.

I made this point earlier in the thread/s. What would motivate someone in the know to come forward? By virtue of being in the know, they themselves would be putting themselves in the firing line. As they should be. So it would, imo, have to be someone already IN the firing line - ie. someone currently serving a sentence or in the process of serving a sentence, someone looking to catch an 'I'll give you this if you give me that' break.

But then, you'd really have to look hard at and question any evidence they gave, and be really sure that it was backed up by concrete facts, and not just them opportunistically looking to catch a break.

I doubt there's much 'honour among thieves' at play here.

Last edited:
Yes, very true they were manipulated. But she wasn’t a complete fool. She suspected he was involved in criminal activity.

If you suspected your ex, who had beaten and stalked you, had been a burglar at the time of MM’s abduction and had left the area afterwards, wouldn’t you have tipped off the police immediately, at least anonymously?
She says she was scared of him. It's a small town ; he might have put two and two together.

I thought it was interesting the quote from Wolters that the vehicles are not directly linked to the case. We now know the Jag was in Germany (there is something dodgy about that whole affair too) but what about the camper van? How does he know it is not directly involved? To rule it out, it could mean they either know the camper van was somewhere else, or they know what vehicle was involved in the abduction.

This whole thing in Foral keeps coming back to me with the dodgy couple running the foster home. We know he ended up living there shortly after, but how did that come about? Was R involved? Was he the other phone number? Was this his bolt hole after the abduction?

The appeal for information of interiors of his known hangouts, I can only think one thing. A video/photograph that shows something distinctive they are trying to locate. I find it impossible to believe that if CB did this, he wouldn't have made a video. Not entirely sure whether the police have it, he may have kept it very concealed and even destroyed it given the heat. But I think someone else has at least seen it and can describe it. This guy in the bar and the tip off in 2013 have to be people involved in the same circles IMO, possibly trying to get themselves out of a hole with the police by giving up CB.

Yes, I agree with all of that.
N and her father have been quoted, ex g/f 's have been quoted, but R? Still an enigma - very strange imo.

One of the biggest puzzles to me - how/why he chose his victims and how he could have a normal relationship at the same/other times. Was it always females?

I suppose it depends on who you are and what your perception of what a 'normal' relationship is. We all have a perception of what's 'normal', to us as individuals.

Last edited:
Hi guys. New here but have been lurking for a few weeks, it’s been very interesting reading all your thoughts on this case :)
I don’t want to steer things off on yet another tangent, but something that struck me a few pages back was the post about the ring in Germany that was recently busted, and the poster questioning whether CB could be connected.

Sick vids in paedo torture house could take cops 30yrs to go through

I can’t help but notice what the suspect at the centre of the investigation, ‘Adrian V.’ is wearing...
A maroon top with a white circle. Which makes me think of :
FOUND: Shirt worn by Madeleine McCann suspect

I haven’t heard much more reference to the top so don’t know if it was actually relevant or was it just the British tabloids doing what they do best and sensationalising a minute detail. I’m sure it’s just coincidence; I’ve been to Portugal and know how popular Super Bock is, it was much more likely to be their logo on the shirt. And there’s nothing at all to say that this ring has any connection to CB or MM. Who would wear the same t-shirt after 13 years if there was a connection? It just stood out to my paranoid mind o_O

Attachments

• D73FA498-2411-4390-A69D-BEA69075CC9D.jpeg
    D73FA498-2411-4390-A69D-BEA69075CC9D.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 34
I think whoever this friend in the bar was must have been on he hook for something themselves when they told police what CB told and showed them,and it stands to reason that there would be stipulations on any reward money like not rewarding paedophiles for eliminating the competition.
Seriously though,he isnt going to brag to just anyone it would have to be someone like minded which is why I think someone has grassed him up to save their own skin.

Or an undercover cop?

Yes, I agree with all of that.
N and her father have been quoted, ex g/f 's have been quoted, but R? Still an enigma - very strange imo.
Yes definitely. With the way things are being played by German LE, you are almost better off thinking about what hasn't been mentioned in the Press, rather than what has.

R is a good example. So is a confirmation/rejection from the eyewitnesses around the club whether CB is who they saw (notably JJ and the 12yr old). No details about any other numbers or calls made from CB phone. The unknown person who had the Jag registered to them prior to AB. What CB said to police when he was pulled in in 2013 over the MM case. The rest of the bar conversation. And so on......

Maybe, just maybe and little far fetched just to fit my theory probably - but could Tannerman have been watched on previous nights by the perp and the perp looked for similar clothing & wig?

I think my brains are falling out as per the signature below:eek:
It is not far fetched given what we know about CB so far. Also, when 'Tannerman' did eventually come forward, it turns out, he too was a British doctor- and was actually familiar with the Tapas 9. He had played tennis that day with the group, including GM.. but Jane Tanner did not recognise him to be the same person she reportedly saw carrying a child. I have always believed she witnessed 1 part of MM abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoMagnolia2