Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The German legal system requires you share all evidence with the defendant as soon as you charge them, which might explain why they're holding off on charging.

That would sound credible if he had some evidence, not 90%...

I'm very disappointed. In 2 weeks, only advancements were CB's private life, his crimes (which don't include murder or kidnapping) and assumptions about every disappearance and murder of children in Western Europe in the past 25 years.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to imply anything! - read the whole thread.

You said: Kate might have used Calpol. I say: She most definitely did because there is no child in the UK who has not been given Calpol. Calpol is in every house and it is extremely mild. It makes me very angry when people try to make it something that it isn't. So, the sentence: Father admits Kate might have used Calpol is actually laughable to every UK person. It is like saying: Father admits Kate has used milk. This much common Calpol is with UK children. Has this now been understood? Once for all?

Mr. Wolters is clearly doing bluff. Which prosecutor won't start a case when they have 90% evidence?

So far, all evidence is small talk, a phone call in PDL area and a criminal profile...
No offence, but there's no possible way you could know any of that. Until a couple of weeks ago, we didn't know anything at all about CB or what evidence they had.

The only reason we do now is because they decided to make an appeal on very specific points only, to grab those extra bits of evidence they want to make a strong case.

Do you really believe they would tell the general public of any groundbreaking evidence they had picked up in the last 2 weeks (or even in the last 2 years), before they've even questioned the suspect?

No offence, but there's no possible way you could know any of that. Until a couple of weeks ago, we didn't know anything at all about CB or what evidence they had.

The only reason we do now is because they decided to make an appeal on very specific points only, to grab those extra bits of evidence they want to make a strong case.

Do you really believe they would tell the general public of any groundbreaking evidence they had, before they've even questioned the suspect?

Let's hope you're right.

So if, like you say, they have zero evidence.
Why would you think that just a phonecall, details of the vehicles and places CB has lived would be enough to convict? After all that is all the German LE has appealed for?

Because the prize is quite rewarding. Finding abductor of MM and prove all that happened to her is the dream of any investigator. And they think they have the culprit, so the risk will be no evidence, something they thought unlikely. But after all these days, evidence continues to be zero.

"The evidence continues to be zero"... that we know of. HCW made it clear he has evidence, but not enough to proceed with charges. They must have something decent for PJ to say the evidence is significant. They must have something if they took the risk of putting it in the media. I'm thinking back to when they said perhaps someone's loyalty has changed over the years. Who were they calling out to? Do they even know who that was aimed at? Or was it a shot in the dark?

So if, like you say, they have zero evidence.
Why would you think that just a phonecall, details of the vehicles and places CB has lived would be enough to convict? After all that is all the German LE has appealed for?

Of course not, Ted. That makes them sure they have a culprit. Be yourself the judge.

OK, I think it would be much easier if you went back over at least #5 and #6 and read all the posts & the theories in detail. I think that would take less time than me writing it here. It may be better read the posts yourself and form your own theories on this rather than take mine as read as there's an awful lot of info on here as well as links etc. Sometimes having to repeat oneself over and over can get a little vexing :)
Agree, this was what I meant yesterday but maybe not said so well as you ;)

Its possible LE in Germany threw that information request out to the public b/c they're just hoping to see who sweats as a result. They may not actually NEED anything they asked for, despite them saying they do need it. Its possible they are just now sitting back, watching and waiting to see who panics, and who stresses..... CB is named as the suspect, but could police be lying outright to shake the tree?

"The evidence continues to be zero"... that we know of. HCW made it clear he has evidence, but not enough to proceed with charges. They must have something decent for PJ to say the evidence is significant. They must have something if they took the risk of putting it in the media. I'm thinking back to when they said perhaps someone's loyalty has changed over the years. Who were they calling out to? Do they even know who that was aimed at? Or was it a shot in the dark?

LE Germany, PJ and SY (and McCanns) have said so many conflicting things I don't know.

You said: Kate might have used Calpol. I say: She most definitely did because there is no child in the UK who has not been given Calpol. Calpol is in every house and it is extremely mild. It makes me very angry when people try to make it something that it isn't. So, the sentence: Father admits Kate might have used Calpol is actually laughable to every UK person. It is like saying: Father admits Kate has used milk. This much common Calpol is with UK children. Has this now been understood? Once for all?

EH?
You've got hold of the wrong end of the stick here mate. Go back and read the thread and stop casting aspertions on me.

The risk of the this falling through on a technicality is too great for any LE.

I’m not saying it will be a clear and easy route to prosecution, but the German LE are absolutely correct not to share everything with us.

there has been a definite drip feed too, no matter how small. I sense the frustration in the forum, it’s because we are without any further official update. Hopefully this will move forwards shortly.

the usb devices found full of that offensive material (vomit) is a goldmine in itself to start closing down on rings etc.

edited to add - there will be so much we don’t know about what they have on this chap. MM culprit or not.

That would sound credible if he had some evidence, not 90%...

From what German LE have said it sounds like they have a strong reason to believe CB killed Madeleine – strong enough to override the fact he was twice previously ruled out as a suspect by the Met and PJ.

To me, that goes beyond CB gossiping about the case. We know CB likes to record and keep photos/videos of abuse, and that German LE has his USBs in evidence. I don't think it's a huge leap to believe LE has some sort of photo or video evidence that ties him to MM – but crucially, doesn't show him.

We can also assume they don't have DNA evidence linking him to the scene, considering their requests to retest the saliva sample.

So, if the above is true (which is all guesswork, admittedly) we have a strong case in one sense that CB has footage of MM. But a case that has a gaping hole any good lawyer would capitalise upon if it's lacking the evidence to place CB at the scene on the day.

Your post made me think of something - is it possible that no one seemed to notice MM being abducted b/c they simply didn't recognize her? She is a tiny blond child. Could the abductor have put a hat or a wig on her and off they went into the night? I would also like to know, at what time did the sun set and how dark was it at the time of the abduction?

I think its entirely possible that no one recognised her if they did walk pat her purely because they wouldn't be looking,you might notice someone in passing walking along carrying a child but as we have all said here,that's a perfectly normal sight in a holiday complex and as far as anyone in the party were concerned all their children were safely tucked up in their beds so I just dont think they would notice.
It really is the perfect cover!

The German authorities may say they know how MM died. Sadly that may be the case. But without a body it’s impossible to know for certain unless there is overwhelming evidence to prove otherwise.
If CB didn’t do it, it’s possible MM is alive somewhere else totally unaware ( wishful thinking).

Its possible LE in Germany threw that information request out to the public b/c they're just hoping to see who sweats as a result. They may not actually NEED anything they asked for, despite them saying they do need it. Its possible they are just now sitting back, watching and waiting to see who panics, and who stresses..... CB is named as the suspect, but could police be lying outright to shake the tree?

Something that makes me think this way is how concerned they are CB can be released soon. How could that be if they had strong evidence? Strong evidence would be enough to grant pre-trial detention.

I’ve also been looking at some of the witness statements. A lady called Charlotte Pennington saw a man in a dingy out to see who threw something into the water. She was suspicious of him. This was late at night just after MM had disappeared.
Pennington worked at the crèche.

It may not seem like proof on the front of things, but it gives the LE reason to suspect based on if and why he lied about his whereabouts on 3/5/07 in his original statement - and there is an original statement if he was questioned in 2013. He obviously gave himself an alibi and was cleared of suspicion. Then in 2017, a “friend” comes forward with information linking CB to MM, he tells them what he heard and what he saw. He also links CB to an unsolved rape in the same resort at this time, and this information turns out to be factual. So they have enough cause to believe that what this friend told them about CB and MM is true also. Phone records put his phone in PdL. His original statement might say “I wasn’t in the area, my girlfriend had my phone” and that’s why they mention that specifically. But now they have the statement from the friend, they have enough cause to believe he was lying. This friend has obviously told LE how he killed her, as that is what they have said they are so certain of. Based on the friends true statement linking him to the rape. They just need the other person from the call to come forward and confirm it wasn’t his girlfriend using his phone that night and they can prove he lied in 2013. Why would someone lie about their whereabouts if they had nothing to hide?
I think CB has been on the list of possibles from the start. Wasn’t his name/photo circulated in 2007, passed to SY in 2012, then raised again after media appeals in 2013?
IMO someone/more than one person originally gave him an alibi so he was ruled out, but this could be why German LE asked for people to come forward whose loyalties may have changed?

The risk of the this falling through on a technicality is too great for any LE.

I’m not saying it will be a clear and easy route to prosecution, but the German LE are absolutely correct not to share everything with us.

there has been a definite drip feed too, no matter how small. I sense the frustration in the forum, it’s because we are without any further official update. Hopefully this will move forwards shortly.

the usb devices found full of that offensive material (vomit) is a goldmine in itself to start closing down on rings etc.

edited to add - there will be so much we don’t know about what they have on this chap. MM culprit or not.

A voice of reason.

I’ve actually considered this and to me it’s as plausible as anything. Is it possible the reason CB is in solitary confinement is that he is actually speaking to the authorities and helping them with the case? Is the protection actually for his own benefit, to stop attacks from others with links to the ring recently busted in Germany? Is it all a trap, and all the information released is red herrings, to give the real culprit/s enough rope to hang themselves? To sweat but think they have enough time to save themselves and slip up, perhaps leading them to MM or something else incriminating?

I can’t help but think that this is the Germans; it’s stereotypical, but they’re methodical, exacting and very thorough. I think there has to be a method behind all this madness.

But who knows? All of the above is pure speculation and only one train of thought I’ve had about it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15