Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people get confused because a child may go to sleep after taking Calpol if they had been unable to sleep because they had a fever or were in pain. But their sleep is due to being tired and feeling better and now able to sleep, rather than being sedated.

ETA So a parent might give a child some Calpol to help them sleep...:) but not as a sedative

Thinking a bit like a defence attorney (which is nauseating when considering who I'm playing devil's advocate for here), but even if his prints might have been on the device, that says he touched the device. Not that he created the content found on the device.
Fortunately, if this gets tried in Germany, this wont be left to a jury who could be easily swayed by a hotshot defence lawyer. It is an experienced judge who alone decides the verdict. They will use their sound judgement to decide what sounds most plausible. They have a witness ot him burying the dog there as shown on the Spiegel video a couple of nights ago. Also, there are purportedly some videos/images of CB on these very devices.

EDIT: I don't think anyone is claiming he created ALL the content. There were over 8000 files I believe, no way he did them all. But as for the ones that he IS in, it will have digital data stating the device used. If there are then other files he does not appear in, but are using that same device, that's another hit against him.

Last edited:
Right we all assume he put it there - but how do we (or LE) prove he did? Is it possible that someone else attended the dog remains and placed the device where it was found?

Wasn’t it the friend in the Der Spiegel special “Mein Freund Christian” that talked about CB wrapping his beloved dog in the blanket and burying it? Was he witness to that? :confused: Did he actually witness the USBs being buried?:confused:

I could be wrong and getting my sources mixed up. I don’t speak German so don’t understand the video, but think maybe it was this forum I read it on?

Right we all assume he put it there - but how do we (or LE) prove he did? Is it possible that someone else attended the dog remains and placed the device where it was found?

Wasn’t it the friend in the Der Spiegel special “Mein Freund Christian” that talked about CB wrapping his beloved dog in the blanket and burying it? Was he witness to that? :confused: Did he actually witness the USBs being buried?:confused:

I could be wrong and getting my sources mixed up. I don’t speak German so don’t understand the video, but think maybe it was this forum I read it on?

ETA - how much does CB resemble the e-fit from the Tristan Brübach case in the photo with the sunglasses?? :(

ETA - also am I going crazy or do I see a scar on his left upper lip??

... I need to log out :rolleyes:

Because the prize is quite rewarding. Finding abductor of MM and prove all that happened to her is the dream of any investigator. And they think they have the culprit, so the risk will be no evidence, something they thought unlikely. But after all these days, evidence continues to be zero.
After all these days....it should have come.
Nothing from the interiors of his houses that could match any piece of evidence Germans have?
Wasn't the other person from the call yet localized? Can the phone call still be retrieved?
And the wells? Any search from PJ?

Some doubts on effective police cooperation, but hope that any relevant investigation action could be proceeding in the shade.

Last edited:
I have forgotten why it matters whether he buried the usb stick with him butt-plugging a trailer hitch, or someone else did?

Is it because of the possibility that any pics it may contain of Madeleine may not have an identifiable male in the pic too?

It matters because it may point to other people being involved with MM's disappearance or the abuse of other children perhaps by more than one person. It matters because a good lawyer is going to try to refute any evidence police have if ever they get the chance to fight charges.

So police might say: "hey we have evidence that CB is in photos / video with X doing X
Lawyer might say: 'oh yeah? prove it'.
So at that point, police might say, "well, here are the images / video - oh and we found them on his property buried with his dog."

So then a lawyer might say, "ah yes, now prove that is my client in the offensive criminal material.
Cop: "looks like him, and was found on his property" (which might be why they want to know details on the inside of his prior residences - corroborate location where this material was created).
Lawyer: "so it looks like him, but can you prove he created it?"
Cop: (lets hope they can prove he created it / participated in the creation)
Lawyer: And how did you find this material?
Cop: "It was on his property beneath remains of a dog...."
Lawyer: "So someone buried it with the dog, but can you prove it was my client"....??

See roughly how this goes? Cops need to show not just that they have the material, but where it was created, when it was created, why it was created (personal use or for sale or ring use), who else may have been involved if anyone....

The point being, if someone else buried it with the dog remains, it might speak to someone out to get CB, by placing evidence where police found it... its possible they have someone as a witness who gave up the info on where to find it and what was on the devices.....

Its clear in my head, I promise, just perhaps I'm not articulating my thoughts well.

Ok, so the alleged pics of CB self-pleasuring will undoubtedly be proveably him but other photos eg with a masked man and identifiable child may be a set up?

ETA So a parent might give a child some Calpol to help them sleep...:) but not as a sedative

What does ETA mean? The active drug in Calpol is paracetamol, which blocks the messages between the brain and the site of pain, so the child can rest comfortably/normally, it doesn't sedate.

Fortunately, if this gets tried in Germany, this wont be left to a jury who could be easily swayed by a hotshot defence lawyer. It is an experienced judge who alone decides the verdict. They will use their sound judgement to decide what sounds most plausible. They have a witness ot him burying the dog there as shown on the Spiegel video a couple of nights ago. Also, there are purportedly some videos/images of CB on these very devices.

EDIT: I don't think anyone is claiming he created ALL the content. There were over 8000 files I believe, no way he did them all. But as for the ones that he IS in, it will have digital data stating the device used. If there are then other files he does not appear in, but are using that same device, that's another hit against him.

Wait, there is a witness to him having buried the dog? I think I missed this somehow! So... do we know, did the witness advise LE that the USB key(s) were also buried with the dog? This might be important, because if a witness saw him actually bury the dog, and there was no USB key buried with the dog, then who the hell put the USB key(s) there, when, and why? If the witness knew the USB was buried with the dog, what did they think was on the key, and what did they say the reason was that CB buried it with the dog??

Ok, so the alleged pics of CB self-pleasuring will undoubtedly be proveably him but other photos eg with a masked man and identifiable child may be a set up?

I don't think someone set up CB to be framed if that is what you mean - I meant more that it might be hard to prove CB created the content depending on what is shown in the content. It is also entirely possible that the content may have been enacted by CB, but filmed by someone else and THAT might be what LE are working on finding out.

Forgive me it was the grandfather who was quoted as saying that Kate may have used calpol - I think this started a much wider speculation into the case against the Mccanns at the time.

Madeleine McCann Disappearance: MADELEINE'S GRANDFATHER ADMITS KATE “MAY HAVE USED CALPOL”

RE #calpolgate
Here's my original post.
Just to clear this up it was never my intention to imply that the children had been drugged that would be preposterous.
I was merely saying that the statement from the Grandfather sparked terrible implications for K and G in the press.
Unfortunately someone seems to have misinterpreted this post and has possibly taken it out of context.
FYI I don't have a problem with calpol - I've given it to all my 3 children, who,have made it into adulthood, strangely enough, with no adverse effects!
@haden - I hope this brings clarity.:)

Now let's get on with sleuthing.

Last edited:
I vaguely remember KM mentioning calpolgate in her book. If I remember correctly, I think the media had randomly contacted the grandfather and I guess he may therefore have not understood the implication.

Thinking a bit like a defence attorney (which is nauseating when considering who I'm playing devil's advocate for here), but even if his prints might have been on the device, that says he touched the device. Not that he created the content found on the device.

I guess that's possibly why they are asking for witnesses who may recognise settings etc

Wait, there is a witness to him having buried the dog? I think I missed this somehow! So... do we know, did the witness advise LE that the USB key(s) were also buried with the dog? This might be important, because if a witness saw him actually bury the dog, and there was no USB key buried with the dog, then who the hell put the USB key(s) there, when, and why? If the witness knew the USB was buried with the dog, what did they think was on the key, and what did they say the reason was that CB buried it with the dog??
It is mentioned on the video Betty_Boop88 linked a few posts up. It's in German but someone provided some of the translation earlier in the thread. From recollection this friend spoke about how distraught CB was when his beloved dog died and that he wrapped him in a blanket before burying him. Don't know whether there was any mention of the USB sticks.

It is mentioned on the video Betty_Boop88 linked a few posts up. It's in German but someone provided some of the translation earlier in the thread. From recollection this friend spoke about how distraught CB was when his beloved dog died and that he wrapped him in a blanket before burying him. Don't know whether there was any mention of the USB sticks.

Thanks for the info, I think I missed the video - when I am reading, sometimes I get posts out of order if I've just recently made a post - no idea why!

So someone was aware that he had buried a dog wrapped in a blanket - great! We can place him as burying said doggo. But can we be sure he also buried the USB? Its just bugging me that a lawyer might just say, "ok, prove my client buried the USB, and that he created the content found on the USB".

Police need an airtight scene and witnesses or evidence if they want to proceed to charging this guy and possibly any associates who may have been aware, counselled aided or abetted....

No, Dlk79, I don’t think there was any reference to the USBs in the translation provided. But it just raises all sorts of questions. Were the USBs there previously and CB buried the dog in the same spot because it bore some significance? Were they buried at the same time? Did CB go back and bury the USBs at a later date because the site was sentimental to him? I don’t think anyone would bury them there as a set up to implicate him, but stranger things have happened and this case is all sorts of strange to us Joe Publics right now. And the friend knew the site was significant to him - that’s at least one person that knew. Perfect if someone did want to implicate him.

Perhaps burying the stick was accidental if the Lidl bag it was supposedly in got caught up in the blanket in his time of great sorrow. Unless he was planning to move home and was going to take the dog with him in the future. All very strange to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo